• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coupon Exchange Train~~New Riders Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning new train riders! :wave: Thanks for being patient while I'm working on getting our coupon train set up to roll. I think everything will be in place today and you will hear from me sometime today or tomorrow in a PM telling you who will be sending to you and who you will be sending to each Monday. :goodvibes

However, I am still taking names and addresses if you're reading this and haven't signed up yet. You're very welcome to come aboard~~let's have some fun and save some money at the same time. :banana:

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Please add me! I can't PM yet please Help!

Rhiannon, I was able to send a PM to you successfully I hope. Please click on reply if you receive it. If it doesn't arrive, I will email you. Welcome aboard the train! We have a spot for you.

Since we want to make this a great train ride for all involved, there will be a few important guidelines to make it a success. :thumbsup2

1. Communication is very important. Please post on this thread when you send your envelope to your receiver. If you must send it late, if you are sick, if you forget it's Monday, etc. just let your receiver know. Please post when you receive your envelope from your sender as well. :thumbsup2

2. Please always mail your envelope on Mondays if at all possible. That way your receiver should get it by Thurs. or Friday at the latest and it gives you the opportunity to cut out and include coupons from Sunday's coupon inserts. :thumbsup2

3. Be sure to check expiration dates on all coupons and don't send any that expire within ten days or your receiver won't have enough time to use them. (I have the address of a military family who can use expired coupons {up to 6 mo.} on their base. If you're interested in saving your expired coupons for her, I can PM you her address.) :thumbsup2

4. If you have any special requests for coupons, PM me and I can start compiling a wish list. You can send coupons off the wish list as extra envelopes, but please remember your primary focus and responsibility is to send to your assigned person first. Just PM me for the wish list person's address to send her wish list coupons. :thumbsup2

5. A 42 cent stamp will probably not be sufficient postage depending on how many coupons you send in your envelope. If in doubt, please take it to the post office and have it weighed so it does not arrive postage due. :thumbsup2

6. We may have to occasionally shuffle the order of the train when new riders join us, when riders depart from the train, etc. There might also be an occasional down week when sending coupons that week is optional. It will usually happen after a holiday when there are no or few coupon inserts in the newspaper. For example, after Thanksgiving we'll skip sending out on Dec. 1. :thumbsup2

If there are any questions, concerns, or problems that arise, please let me know so we can give some answers and helpful ideas or work out solutions to any problems. :thumbsup2

Now that I've conducted that little bit of business, I'm going to start sending everyone a PM telling each rider who is sending to you and who you will be sending to. If you don't get a PM with that information in it by late this afternoon, please PM me and let me know! :) :) :) :) Our first send date is Monday, Nov. 10th. :) :) :) :)

Thanks for posting the idea about specific coupons. I was just going to ask if any of the "riders" are looking for specific brands (ie: Huggies or Campbells Soup) or general items (ie: diaper or soup coupons). Knowing this information would help me to fill the envelopes with coupons that others might use.

Thanks for posting the idea about specific coupons. I was just going to ask if any of the "riders" are looking for specific brands (ie: Huggies or Campbells Soup) or general items (ie: diaper or soup coupons). Knowing this information would help me to fill the envelopes with coupons that others might use.

Yes, if anyone wants me to add your requests to our rider wish list, just PM me with what it is and I will put them all in one spot. You can then PM me at anytime with additions and deletions to keep our wish list current. :yay:

There will probably be many coupons you don't want and can't use in the envelopes you receive, but remember you'll be passing them on to the next rider and she might be thrilled with ones you couldn't use. :woohoo: I hope riding the train will be fun for all and put a little extra cash in our pockets through our savings. ::yes::

Hi Train Riders! If you've signed up to ride our train and haven't read posting #28 please do that now. Some important stuff in there! :banana: We have 20 riders on our train right now and I think that's a great number to have riding the coupon rails. We'll probably be adding new riders as time goes on, but we'll get this train rolling first and make sure any squeaks are worked out. :thumbsup2 Have a happy Thursday.

I am sending out my envelop today as I'll be out and about Monday and I don't want to forget sending it out.

I would love to hop on this train? I was so excited about this that I actually registered so I can post. I tried to post a PM, but it wouldn't let me yet.

I am sending out my envelop today as I'll be out and about Monday and I don't want to forget sending it out.

Thanks, RangerPooh, for posting that information. That's what I call fabulous communication! ::yes:: The rider that receives your envelope should post when she receives it so you know it arrived safely.

I would love to hop on this train? I was so excited about this that I actually registered so I can post. I tried to post a PM, but it wouldn't let me yet.

I sent you a P.M. earlier today in regards to your request. If you are unable to open it or unable to reply to it, let me know here.

Apparently, until I get to 10 posts, I can't PM anyone, but staff. I can receive them, but I can't send any. So, if you don't mind, as I don't quite feel comfortable posting my personal info here, can you PM me your email address and we can do it that way? I would really appreciate that and I am sorry for the huge inconvenience. By the way, I only need 8 more postings and then I can PM:thumbsup2

Just checking in with our train riders to remind you that today you'll clip coupons out of the Sunday newspaper inserts. Then combine them with your other coupons that you want to pass on to the next rider.

Tomorrow is our first mail date! Hope everyone is as excited as I am to get our train out of the station and rolling down the tracks. :yay:

Please remember to post on our thread after you mail your envelope and again when yours arrives. ::yes::

Any questions? You know where to reach me. :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter