Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;49373351]No. What the pp is saying is that their kids could get milk with their meals at Pepper Market. If you bring your mug they will fill it (or you can fill in Cafe Rix) and you still get an additional drink at PM if on a dining plan. Usually we get bottled water to take back to our room and just refill mugs. Milk is not a re-fill able mug option, but you can order it at PM.[/QUOTE]

Then that is no different than any other food court at WDW. We have done the same thing at CBR, POFQ and POR.
My kids got milk and juice drinks that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to fill their mugs with at the filling station while we at PM.
This statement just made it sound like juice and milk WAS available in the mugs, at least to me. No biggie as we are completely used to it not being available. DD only drinks water and milk so a mug has always been wasted on her other than a souvenir.

Hi we are staying at CSR in October and wanting to use our own vehicle to get around. So I was wondering if anyone knew the amount on average of time it takes to get to Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk by Epcot from CSR. We have ADR at both places and want to get there in enough time. If anyone knows could you please help me out. Thanks so much:)

Boardwalk is 5 mins away. It was a quick $6 cab ride last time for us. You will have to park your car so add a few mins for that. DTD will take longer and depending how far out you have to park could add lots of walking time so allow yourself lots of time for that one.

Leaving CSR at a'quarter to noon today. Thanks for all of the tips and info. It's been a great week here at 8a I strongly suggest it to others. Close to the bus stop, close to the dig site, close enough to elCentro. Enjoy your stay at Disney's hidden gem resort!!

8a is our fave building!! did you have a working fridge?

Any guesses on when CSR will start magic bands? It sounds like the Fall test will actually be a soft start for them rolling out. I was thinking CSR being a convention center, they would want to help the guests here for a convention be able to head out to a park after their meetings, and Fasspass+ scheduling would help get to go on rides later in the day.
So maybe sooner than later on the list?

No one knows for sure when the MagicBands will be available for CSR. Seems as though a few new resorts are being added every month. It would make sense for them to start testing before the large crowds of December. Sure hoping we will have them for our November trip!

Any guesses on when CSR will start magic bands? It sounds like the Fall test will actually be a soft start for them rolling out. I was thinking CSR being a convention center, they would want to help the guests here for a convention be able to head out to a park after their meetings, and Fasspass+ scheduling would help get to go on rides later in the day.

Argh the suspense is killing me and we arrive on 9/21 :scared:

I'm wondering if, once we check in, we were to purchase a set of MagicBands, can we transfer our info off of our issued KTTW card on to said MB's once we get there? I have everything that can be linked set up on MDE.

Yes, although it's watery.

Oh wow, I sure hope not! I've never stayed at CSR before, but at all the other WDW resorts I've stayed at the hot chocolate has always been good. Maybe it just depends on how strong you like it to be. Personally, I love mixing it in with my morning coffee. Yum! :drinking1

I'm new to the Disboards and just can't read enough! So much great info! I do have a question. We have a two night res at AoA room only for October 16 and 17 and then moving to Coronado Springs with a package the 18th through the 24th to take advantage of the free dining. So excited!! My question is, can we get our tickets on the 17th so we can get into a park? It seems I read that you could do that somewhere on here but my horrible TA is asking how I plan to get into a park on the 18th. I'm pretty frustrated with her so I really don't want to get into this issue with her. Next time I will just do all the reservations myself!

I'm new to the Disboards and just can't read enough! So much great info! I do have a question. We have a two night res at AoA room only for October 16 and 17 and then moving to Coronado Springs with a package the 18th through the 24th to take advantage of the free dining. So excited!! My question is, can we get our tickets on the 17th so we can get into a park? It seems I read that you could do that somewhere on here but my horrible TA is asking how I plan to get into a park on the 18th. I'm pretty frustrated with her so I really don't want to get into this issue with her. Next time I will just do all the reservations myself!

Yes you can. This is from a Sticky on the Theme Parks Board posted by a ticketing CM.

I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up. (Note this cannot be done at a water park.)

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets. Note that if you have a package which includes Dining, although you can pick up your tickets early you cannot get access to the Dining until you have actually checked in to your Resort.

Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.

I would suggest you copy down the following information if you are planning to upgrade promotional tickets. If the person in the window is hesitant to upgrade these promotional tickets, ask them go go into The Hub >> WDW >> Work >> Ticketing >> Processes & Business Rules >> Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages where they will see the procedure.

Here is the full thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Thanks, for your help. I sure hope this is possible. Now, back to reading all the tips!

I'm wondering if she only ordered you enough days of tickets to get in the park during your CSR stay. If that is why she asked you about the two days prior.
If that's the case, then you might have to find out about adding a couple days. OR depending on your flights, take a couple days to consider time at CSR (looks like so much to do), going to Down Town disney, and going to the Board walk. Don't forget Mini golf and Splitsville.

The way our flights go, our last day we don't have time to leave the resort so I don't have tickets for that day. There is another day that I don't have much park plans, but for the little money that extra day costs, I decided not to cancel that day of ticket.

Hope you find all the information you are needing.
I've got great help and information from this board. The tricky part is just knowing which thread to read and how to keep up with the replies to threads. I'm still learning.

We have a current reservation for Corronado Springs in 19 days. Looking over our reservation, it now says... Corronado Springs-JAH, it had previously said King Room preferred..? Does anyone know what "JAH" stands for? Thanks.

Argh the suspense is killing me and we arrive on 9/21 :scared:

I'm wondering if, once we check in, we were to purchase a set of MagicBands, can we transfer our info off of our issued KTTW card on to said MB's once we get there? I have everything that can be linked set up on MDE.

I am guessing not in October for the Magic Bands and FP+ at CSR. We were just selected for the 2nd part of our stay at POR, starting 10/25, so basically our one full MK day with the FP+, but have seen nothing for our first part of our trip at CSR 10/18-10/25. :sad: Getting FD at CSR is worth it though, I wouldn't trade that for FP+ at POR.

I can also see where WDW would not want to try it out on convention guests, I can see where they would want to make sure things are working properly first before doing that. :scratchin

My guess is that they are hoping to have the bugs ironed out and go live with bands and FP+ for the busy Christmas rush. It will most like roll out in November/December sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter