Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snagged FD at CSR for our 20th anniversary trip in November! We've stayed at POP every time we've been, so to stay at a mod is a treat for us! CSR looks amazing. . .can't wait!:cool1:

Same here! We've only ever stayed at POP as well and we'll be there for our 18th anniversary! Congratulations !!! :)

We are planning to order from Garden Grocer for our October trip. I have read conflicting reports to there is a charge by the resort for them to hold the delivery since they are a convention resort. Does anyone know if this is true and if there is a charge how much is it? Thanks!

We are planning to order from Garden Grocer for our October trip. I have read conflicting reports to there is a charge by the resort for them to hold the delivery since they are a convention resort. Does anyone know if this is true and if there is a charge how much is it? Thanks!

Done it twice at CSR and no charge.

On the subject of room requests...does anyone have suggestions on online check in vs. regular check in (in person)? Is either one more likely (or less likely) to be beneficial in having your requests met? I've only really ever made requests in person and never used online check in. Any thoughts?

Anybody?:wave:

Hi everyone! We are staying at CSR for 11-16 to 11-23 for FD. I booked a standard room as that was all they had. I put in a request for bottom floor and close to the main building and transportation. I know that the Casitas 1, 2, and 3 are the buildings that are preferred and closest to the main building. We have stayed before at CBR, CSR and at POFQ (2 times) and we were in love with being so close to the main building at FQ so we could refill our mugs anytime etc and a short walk to the bus stop.

My Q is- is it unreasonable to think that without it being a preferred room that we will not be close in any way to the main building? I am really worried ab this since it is such a large resort. We have stayed at CSR 3 yrs ago but my DD 8 was sick with migraines for over half of the time so i really never explored the resort. We wanted to do POR RGR (as we have never stayed at POR) but there was no availability. Should I keep trying to get preferred at CSR or POR RGR or just keep what we have and be happy with it ( and just figure out what location to request??)

Thanks so much for your input!

On the subject of room requests...does anyone have suggestions on online check in vs. regular check in (in person)? Is either one more likely (or less likely) to be beneficial in having your requests met? I've only really ever made requests in person and never used online check in. Any thoughts?

I make my room requests when I make my initial reservation (or at least by several weeks before check-in) by calling DTC/CRO.

I do online check-in -- mostly so they know approx what time I will be arriving (which is usually hours before check-in time) and to put a credit card on file, but I do not select any requests during online check-in. (The consensus is that doing so negates the requests you made previously.)

I have had very good luck with my room being "ready" when I arrived (even as early as 9am!) and getting my requests! :thumbsup2

HTHs! :)

Hi everyone! We are staying at CSR for 11-16 to 11-23 for FD. I booked a standard room as that was all they had. I put in a request for bottom floor and close to the main building and transportation. I know that the Casitas 1, 2, and 3 are the buildings that are preferred and closest to the main building. We have stayed before at CBR, CSR and at POFQ (2 times) and we were in love with being so close to the main building at FQ so we could refill our mugs anytime etc and a short walk to the bus stop.

My Q is- is it unreasonable to think that without it being a preferred room that we will not be close in any way to the main building? I am really worried ab this since it is such a large resort. We have stayed at CSR 3 yrs ago but my DD 8 was sick with migraines for over half of the time so i really never explored the resort. We wanted to do POR RGR (as we have never stayed at POR) but there was no availability. Should I keep trying to get preferred at CSR or POR RGR or just keep what we have and be happy with it ( and just figure out what location to request??)

I say there's no harm in keep trying, but be prepared in case that doesn't work out! :thumbsup2

For a standard room, Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4 are the best choices to be near El Centro. Casitas 4 has the advantage of being close to the first bus stop (Bus Stop #2). :)

I say there's no harm in keep trying, but be prepared in case that doesn't work out! :thumbsup2

For a standard room, Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4 are the best choices to be near El Centro. Casitas 4 has the advantage of being close to the first bus stop (Bus Stop #2). :)

Thanks! I get so overwhelmed looking at the map and the written recommendations. :)

See you there! We are going the same time. First CSR stay for us. I just rebooked from POR yesterday so now I feel like I need to do a lot of research to learn about the resort.

I think the only thing we're going to request is upper floor. We prefer not to be ground floor. From the little research I've done so far, it looks like every location has its pros and cons so I can't decide which to request so I was thinking we'd just leave it to chance. From past trips, we had the best room when we didn't request anything.

I hope someone can help maybe?

I've asked for connecting rooms as we have 5 children.

I'd like to request that we are as close to El Centro as possible (as drink refills takes priority over the pool or bus stops ;) )

I'm looking at the map and the info on page one of this thread and see that the preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3. Does this mean all of the rooms in these buildings are preferred, or just some?
I can't afford to pay for preferred rooms unfortunately, but thought that there's no harm in asking if they might be available.

Also, does anyone know if the Casitas have connecting rooms? This request needs to be my most important really. I'd just like my children to have a bit of independence to go and refill themselves, without trekking across the resort.

Lastly, do I make these requests simply by phoning and can I phone this far in advance? Will I need to add to it in any way? Would I need to mention it when I check in at the resort?
We're likely to get there in the evening and if there's somewhere to leave our bags we will be fine to wait for our room to be ready as I was planning on watching Wishes from the Poly beach :cloud9:

Do you think we stand much chance? We're going for two weeks at the end of May 2014, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help for this newb :) I am SO looking forward to this! It's such a massive change from ASMu - where we stayed for our first trip!

And while I was typing my essay it seems my questions may have been answered for other people! :laughing: Off to check, just in case...

OK so all of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are all preferred. I'll rule those out then.

I see that Cabanas 9a or Casitas 4 are the next most suitable. They still look far but I'm hoping the map is deceiving!
Would I be more successful asking for one of these buildings specifically, or simply requesting to be as close to El Centro as possible?

My questions in the post above on how to make the request still stand!

CONVENTION SCHEDULE (updated 5/18/13)

I have listed anything I have been able to verify online. These meetings vary in size - some are local, while others are regional or national. If a convention falls during your dates, you might want to Google the name I have listed to find out more information. In some cases, CSR is the host hotel, but activities occur elsewhere.

December 1-9, Pop Warner (CSR is one of host hotels, along with CBR and the All Stars)
December 27-30, USA Gymnastics New Year's Invitational

January 6-9, Generac Dealer Conference
January 8-9, Pinch a Penny Show
January 16-19, Children's Pastors Conference
January 26-27, Florida HOSA SLC 2013 Competitive Event and State Officers Meetings
January 30-31, Leading Age Florida Board of Trustees Meeting

February 4-6, ACPA Professional Development
February 7-9, NABE Conference
February 9-14, SPIE Medical Imaging
February 14-17, Otterbein University Cardinal Migration
February 18-20, Training Magazine 2013 Conference and Expo
February 20-23, World Family Therapy Congress
February 22-23, Disneys Fit For a Princess Expo
February 27-28, Trinovus Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 6-9, Appliance Service Training Institute
March 8-9, Florida HOSA State Office Planning Meeting
March 9-13, International Dance championships - the Groove Experience
March 17-20, Spring World 2013 (Disaster Recovery Journal)

April 4-7, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 9-12, Ideas to Impact
April 14-17, AAPC 2013 National Conference
April 26, USASF Scholarship Interviews (CSR is not the host hotel for USASF Worlds)

May 15-17, CSCAA Convention
May 17-19, FACCM Annual Conference
May 18, Central Florida Urban League Youth Leadership Summit
May 19-23, Fusion el Carnaval (Financial Ops)
May 23-26, FSEA State Convention

June 10-14, DMGCME Summer 2013
June 10-15, NACDA Convention
June 11-12, YoCream Conference
June 17-20, Kickoff Institute
June 20-23, Cascade Hills Marriage Retreat
June 23-27, SUGA Training
June 27-29, Close To My Heart Convention
June 27-29, HOCA
June 30-July 3, Hollywood Vibe National Finals

July 5-6, US Open Karate
July 8-14, Children with Diabetes: Friends For Life Annual Conference
July 14-18, Leading Age Florida Conference and Exposition

August 30-September 1, Mustang at the Mickyard (CSR is host hotel)

September 3-6, Youth Leader Experience
September 8-12, CCSA Convention
September 27-29, Mickey and MINI 9

October 1-6, Travel Planners International
October 28-30, Home Based Travel Agents Forum

November 3-6, Learning 2013
November 12-15, SUSECon
November 20-22, IWLCA Annual Meeting

December 13-15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

January 24, Disney Bloggers Networking Conference
January 30-February 2, Carquest and Tech-Net Business Conference
April 3-6, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 6-10, Florida Water Resources Conference
April 24-26, FSNA Annual Conference

June 25-28, HOSA National Leadership Conference

September 19-22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting

March 26-29, HOSA Leadership Conference

(Proposed) September 2-6, Orlando 2015 Worldcon

This is not a "FULL" list. This list consists from research on the web and information passed on from fellow CSR lovers. Please post any conventions/meetings that you find.

Just wanted to let you know about another convention...Disney's EarMarked Convention is being held at CSR from Sept 16-19th, 2013. This is for travel agents that work for EarMarked agencies and there are about 500 attendees.

So excited to stay at CSR for this conference!

Booked CSR Business Class with Free dining :cool1: for Thanksgiving week, Nov. 23-29. This will be our 3rd stay at CSR. First time was in 2009 and we were in Cabanas 9A and in 2011 we were in Casitas 5. I really liked the location of the Cabanas.

I read on the first page of this thread that Business Class rooms are all in 9B, but thought that I read somewhere else that they are in 9A and 9B. I'm hoping to be in 9B to be as close as possible to Coconino Cove and El Centro.

I am so excited about this trip. Even with free dining it will be nice to have a quick breakfast option, real coffee, the extra snacks and some adult beverages :drinking1 also knowing that our room will be in a great location.

I have only found a couple of reviews of the business class experience and looked at all of the great pictures in this thread. I would love to hear of anyone's recent experience and if you were in 9A or 9B.

Booked CSR Business Class with Free dining :cool1: for Thanksgiving week, Nov. 23-29. This will be our 3rd stay at CSR. First time was in 2009 and we were in Cabanas 9A and in 2011 we were in Casitas 5. I really liked the location of the Cabanas.

I read on the first page of this thread that Business Class rooms are all in 9B, but thought that I read somewhere else that they are in 9A and 9B. I'm hoping to be in 9B to be as close as possible to Coconino Cove and El Centro.

I am so excited about this trip. Even with free dining it will be nice to have a quick breakfast option, real coffee, the extra snacks and some adult beverages :drinking1 also knowing that our room will be in a great location.

I have only found a couple of reviews of the business class experience and looked at all of the great pictures in this thread. I would love to hear of anyone's recent experience and if you were in 9A or 9B.

What did you like better about Cabanas vs Casitas?

As far as rooms, I'm happy with standard room being anywhere near the main pyramid pool. Plus can fill our refillable mugs, get an adult drink or snack at the Siesta place by the pool. 8A looks perfect -- close to pool and bus stop. We always swim when back from the parks. I can walk to the El Centro.

Hours say pool closes at 11pm but we never had a problem at other resorts taking a late night dip. Same at CSR?

Hours say pool closes at 11pm but we never had a problem at other resorts taking a late night dip. Same at CSR?

Only once years and years ago. There was such a mosquito problem that they closed all the pools at 7 and enforced it.

I'm early to bed and early to rise, so can't say I've been swimming past 11.

I hope someone can help maybe?

I've asked for connecting rooms as we have 5 children.

I'd like to request that we are as close to El Centro as possible (as drink refills takes priority over the pool or bus stops ;) )

I'm looking at the map and the info on page one of this thread and see that the preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3. Does this mean all of the rooms in these buildings are preferred, or just some?
I can't afford to pay for preferred rooms unfortunately, but thought that there's no harm in asking if they might be available.

Also, does anyone know if the Casitas have connecting rooms? This request needs to be my most important really. I'd just like my children to have a bit of independence to go and refill themselves, without trekking across the resort.

Lastly, do I make these requests simply by phoning and can I phone this far in advance? Will I need to add to it in any way? Would I need to mention it when I check in at the resort?
We're likely to get there in the evening and if there's somewhere to leave our bags we will be fine to wait for our room to be ready as I was planning on watching Wishes from the Poly beach :cloud9:

Do you think we stand much chance? We're going for two weeks at the end of May 2014, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help for this newb :) I am SO looking forward to this! It's such a massive change from ASMu - where we stayed for our first trip!

you can refill mugs at the dig site pool bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter