Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that someone could see the fire works from their room at CSR. Does anyone know which area that would be possible?
I have had such a magical planning period that I really don't feel the need to request a room, but it would be a cool perk to know to look for them if we end up in that area.
What would be even cooler is to see them from a hammock but I believe that only would be possible at Polynesian.

The best view of the fireworks at CSR is from the 4th floor of Casitas 4. :thumbsup2

This looks like a beautiful resort. So what exactly makes a king room "preferred" versus just a regular king room? I booked a king preferred room, but I don't really know what to expect. We won't have a car, so we're hoping to be more near to amenities...also wouldn't mind a room that looks nice/has been refurbed. I saw some awful pictures on tripadvisor of some old, dingy looking rooms, and then some room pictures that are gorgeous. How will I know what I am getting? Should I request a certain building? Any help is appreciated!

This looks like a beautiful resort. So what exactly makes a king room "preferred" versus just a regular king room? I booked a king preferred room, but I don't really know what to expect. We won't have a car, so we're hoping to be more near to amenities...also wouldn't mind a room that looks nice/has been refurbed. I saw some awful pictures on tripadvisor of some old, dingy looking rooms, and then some room pictures that are gorgeous. How will I know what I am getting? Should I request a certain building? Any help is appreciated!

If you booked a preferred king room, you will have a room with a king bed located in a preferred building. Preferred buildings are 1, 2 and 3 and are considered preferred because they are close to the food court, bus stop and gift shop.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

We booked a king water view, and got a Cabanas room, ground floor corner, it was PERFECT. Close to the main building, close to the dig site. Couldn't have been happier. And the view was AWESOME>

ashleyrm said:
Hope you can share more about business level. Will be staying there in October. If the buildings look dirty you should definitely share that with the front desk people. When I stayed there last December they were out bright and early every morning with the power washing sidewalks, cleaning fountains, etc. Maybe building washing is next on their agenda!

I would be happy to answer any questions about business level.
We went to the lounge this morning for bagels, pastries, oj, and coffee. Tonight we had chips and salsa, diet coke and hubby had a beer. Went back at 7pm for choc pretzels and hubby had another beer. They offered me a wine or sangria too.

As far as the resort, I have tried to keep an open mind but after 2 days, I still feel the same. We did walk the entire resort and it seems the BC buildings are the ones that are dirty and drabby looking.
We are also used to putting our do not disturb sign up and having a bag of towels, coffee and such left on the door handle. That didn't happen so we had to have some brought to us. Need my morning coffee! Lol

The quiet pool was in desperate need of a pool boy. :) It had a nice layer of leaves and other floaties. I am not sure if it was because there was just not many people swimming or what but we went to check it out and decided we were glad we could swim at home and that it was not a must do here so we skipped the pool. The other pool was nice and clean, just too crowded for us.

DD and I went to do laundry and we got stuck in the laundry room. Haha the doors would not open! It was actually pretty funny considering how I already felt about the place, then that happened. All we could do was laugh. I mean we were at Disney at least.
We finally just kept pushing at the doors until they opened. Came back to the room to get more money and what do I do? I put the money in the SAME dryer that I already had going. Duh! So back to the room for yet more money. Finally we had both dryers going!

All in all, I am just not feeling the Disney magic here. IMHO the lounge is not worth it unless you drink the beer and such. I guess the location is key too. It is close to food court.

Also want to say.. the CM's here are super friendly. We have met some wonderful workers.

We are now debating between Poly, AOA suite or POFQ for December.

Okay CSR experts I just booked today...Nov 15-20 tried to get 21st as well but no luck...should I keep trying?

First time at CSR we have been POP two other times...what section would you recommend to stay in with my wife and 7 and 9 girls...I am thinking closest to the buses would be best since our stay is shorter this time around.

Any other tips for a first timer would be great...thanks in advancepirate:

Love this tread and all the pictures. The rooms look pretty much same set up as POFQ the last time I was there.
What I don't see is a table/chairs to sit and eat breakfast. I vaguely remember or so I thought, one at POFQ (but maybe not)

Is there just a desk in the room? I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans?

I like my coffee while watching tv to wake up.
Wondering if I will be doing that from my bed. :-)
Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news.

I feel insanely addicted right now. I can't stop thinking about vacation.

Love this tread and all the pictures. The rooms look pretty much same set up as POFQ the last time I was there.
What I don't see is a table/chairs to sit and eat breakfast. I vaguely remember or so I thought, one at POFQ (but maybe not)

Is there just a desk in the room? Yes I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans? Yes

Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news. Enjoy the resort - it's beautiful.

I feel insanely addicted right now. I can't stop thinking about vacation. I don't blame you. I would be, too.

I have a friend who is going to CSR for the first time (in Nov). His family likes to use the little table and chairs for breakfast, too. They usually stay at POR. The ottomans can be easily moved around the room. The desk is rather heavy - you can push it one way or the other a little tho. We moved the desk over toward the dresser to accommodate a cot in the room and moved the ottomans over in the larger space near the bathroom area.

This picture was taken before we moved the ottomans and got the cot.

C-DSCN0036 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

You'll be here soon!!

IMGP0586 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Is there just a desk in the room? I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans?

Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news.

No table and chairs at CSR, just a desk, desk chair and 2 ottomans.

There are more pictures and videos on allears.net

There is a desk with a chair. Yes there is ottomans .

Some people use the ironing board near the bed as a tv tray:thumbsup2

It is a beautiful resort, the pictures don't do it justice. Cactus and palm trees are so pretty together:goodvibes

I have sat on the ottomans and had coffee looking out the window or use them as an extra luggage carrier.

There are more pictures and videos on allears.net

There is a desk with a chair. Yes there is ottomans .

Some people use the ironing board near the bed as a tv tray:thumbsup2

It is a beautiful resort, the pictures don't do it justice. Cactus and palm trees are so pretty together:goodvibes

I have sat on the ottomans and had coffee looking out the window or use them as an extra luggage carrier.

That's what I did - used the ottomans for my suitcase. :thumbsup2

Okay CSR experts I just booked today...Nov 15-20 tried to get 21st as well but no luck...should I keep trying?

First time at CSR we have been POP two other times...what section would you recommend to stay in with my wife and 7 and 9 girls...I am thinking closest to the buses would be best since our stay is shorter this time around.

Any other tips for a first timer would be great...thanks in advancepirate:

When you do online checkin one option is "near transportation" . I would just check that. I have been in buildings 3,4,5,7a,7b and 9b.

Read the first page of thread about buildings. Do you like higher buildings? Near food or near Dig Site?

I found 3 (Casitas)so far from dig site I preferred Ranchos and Cabanas the best .

We are booked at CSR from 11/9-11/16. Free dining!! This was a back up choice, but I think it will be an even better experience than what we would have had at our first choice. Can't wait to get there! I'm really enjoying reading all of the tips.

No table and chairs at CSR, just a desk, desk chair and 2 ottomans.

Sigh I guess I'll have to adjust and maybe go sit by the lake.
For all I know POFQ did'nt have them either. I just had this thought they did.

My final thought is that having morning coffee anywhere on Disney property will be just fine.
:wizard:

We are booked at CSR from 11/9-11/16. Free dining!! This was a back up choice, but I think it will be an even better experience than what we would have had at our first choice. Can't wait to get there! I'm really enjoying reading all of the tips.

I have stayed there in the month of nov many times. Very beautiful!

There are videos of the resort on allears and youtube. In person however so much nicer!

Congrats on free dining! Enjoy your planning!

Sigh I guess I'll have to adjust and maybe go sit by the lake.
For all I know POFQ did'nt have them either. I just had this thought they did.

My final thought is that having morning coffee anywhere on Disney property will be just fine.
:wizard:

The other Mods still have the table and two chairs.

The other Mods still have the table and two chairs.

ok so I wasn't imagining it.
I've been further thinking and depending on what building we are in, it might make more sense to have coffee while walking around the lake. I'm not much for a powered creamer and if the fridge situation isn't fixed, I'll be taking my mug over to get it filled. And sounds like that might be a walk.

I'll figure it out. Lesson learned. Just because you make your reservation in January, doesn't mean the plan will be the same when you actually get there.
Traveling with no kiddos will make my ability to be flexible much easier.

It's all good.

ok so I wasn't imagining it.
I've been further thinking and depending on what building we are in, it might make more sense to have coffee while walking around the lake. I'm not much for a powered creamer and if the fridge situation isn't fixed, I'll be taking my mug over to get it filled. And sounds like that might be a walk.

I'll figure it out. Lesson learned. Just because you make your reservation in January, doesn't mean the plan will be the same when you actually get there.
Traveling with no kiddos will make my ability to be flexible much easier.

It's all good.

I can tell you that my husband will probably be making a run to Dunkin every morning. That is one of the reasons we must have a rental car. He can't survive on WDW coffee. He needs his Dunkin.

I read on another thread that someone was trying to book CSR for 11/15-11/22 but there was no availability the night of 11/21. Anyone know of anything going on at CSR that week that would cause the lack of availability that evening? I see there is the 2013 IWLCA Annual Meeting then, but based on what I've read, doesn't seem like it would be really big. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter