Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy,
Thanks for directing me to this thread. I have read a LOT. I'll keep reading. I made it through about the first 13 pages. We are going to request Casitas 4 or 5 at your recommendation. Being close to a bus stop is very important as we won't have a car. The more I read about the Pepper Market, the less we need to be near it. I do have a question about it though. If we get food to go there, do they still add on the 10%?
I also have another question about the King rooms. I saw that King rooms cost the same as water view rooms. Does that mean that king rooms are also water view rooms? I'm probably just wishing there.
Thanks for this thread. We have stayed at WDW many times but it all seems brand new because this will be our first time at CSR.

Kathy,
Thanks for directing me to this thread. I have read a LOT. I'll keep reading. I made it through about the first 13 pages. We are going to request Casitas 4 or 5 at your recommendation. Being close to a bus stop is very important as we won't have a car. The more I read about the Pepper Market, the less we need to be near it. I do have a question about it though. If we get food to go there, do they still add on the 10%?
I also have another question about the King rooms. I saw that King rooms cost the same as water view rooms. Does that mean that king rooms are also water view rooms? I'm probably just wishing there.
Thanks for this thread. We have stayed at WDW many times but it all seems brand new because this will be our first time at CSR.

Glad you found your way over. If you get your food to go from the Pepper Market, you do NOT pay the 10%. There are great tables right outside by the doors and also numerous tables by the lake (Mark and I often eat our food outside -- this way we can watch for "Ally" -- our resident alligator and to people watch).

You could get a water view room when booking a King, but you could also just get a King room with a courtyard view or a parking lot view (although you really don't see much of the parking lot because there is a lot of shrubbery. We've only paid once for a water view, and six of the other seven times we were given a water view.

Hi everyone I have decided I want to stay in Casita's I love the look of the buildings they are so beautiful! Another plus is the bus stops here first correct? I am unsure of what building I want however. The most important thing is to be near the Casita bus stop. I would also REALLY enjoy being in a section with really beautiful fountains and courtyard. Also, I have standard view booked right now what would my view most likely be in Casita's a parking lot? Is it possible to have a view of the courtyard with standard view?

:goodvibes

Yes, the first stop picked up and dropped off is the Casitas section. You could ask for Casitas 3, 4 or 5 -- all within walking distance of the first bus stop. You can get a view of the courtyard with a standard view (and, if you get parking lot, there is so much shrubbery that you really don't see too much of the parking lot. We've paid water view only once; six of the other seven times we were upgraded to water view so you could get lucky.

Yes, the first stop picked up and dropped off is the Casitas section. You could ask for Casitas 3, 4 or 5 -- all within walking distance of the first bus stop. You can get a view of the courtyard with a standard view (and, if you get parking lot, there is so much shrubbery that you really don't see too much of the parking lot. We've paid water view only once; six of the other seven times we were upgraded to water view so you could get lucky.

Thanks which one is your personal favorite and why 3,4or 5?

Thanks which one is your personal favorite and why 3,4or 5?

It is a toss up between Casitas 4 and 5; Casitas 4 is near the quiet pool, fitness center/spa and laundry; Casitas 5 is right next to it and has some nice fountain, courtyard and lake views. Both are about a five to six minute walk to the main building and about an eight to ten minute walk to the main pool (I am 50+ and I walk at a normal pace; the walk will take longer if I'm stopping to just enjoy the beauty of the resort or take pictures).

Are the Casitas where the convention people usually stay? and How are the convention crowds in August? I hope not too crazy!

Depending on the size of the convention, the conventioneers could be all over the resort. If they paid for "Club Level" they will be in Cabanas 9B and elsewhere. We've stayed in Casitas 2, 3, 4 and 5 and have convention people in those buildings and we have never had a problem with them. I wouldn't worry about "convention crowds" -- they'll be in meetings leaving the buses and the pools empty.

I am a bit confused.

Which Caiata is next to the quiet pool and laundry ?

I thought it was Caasira 4 ?
Or is it Casita 5 ?

We have 2 1/2 months to go until our FIRST stay at CSR and are very excited.

I'm thinking about requesting Casita's as we spend most of our time on buses we would like to be near the first busstop. How do I request this?

We will also be using the main pool, but would much rather be close to bus stop 2 to have our best chances of not having to have our children stand on the bus...

Question about the shampoo/conditioner----

Is the shampoo that they give you in the rooms the shampoo/conditioner in the same bottle or do they give you separate bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I find that the combo shampoo/conditioner really doesn't keep my hair from having static in it so I need to know whether or not to pack some conditioner.
Thanks!

We have 2 1/2 months to go until our FIRST stay at CSR and are very excited.

I'm thinking about requesting Casita's as we spend most of our time on buses we would like to be near the first busstop. How do I request this?

We will also be using the main pool, but would much rather be close to bus stop 2 to have our best chances of not having to have our children stand on the bus...

You should call and have the "request" noted on your reservation. I also fax it in about four days before we arrive. If you get Casitas 4 or 5, I find it (at 50+ years of age) to be about a five to six minute walk to the main building (food, registration, gift shop, etc.) and about an eight minute walk to the main pool.

Question about the shampoo/conditioner----

Is the shampoo that they give you in the rooms the shampoo/conditioner in the same bottle or do they give you separate bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I find that the combo shampoo/conditioner really doesn't keep my hair from having static in it so I need to know whether or not to pack some conditioner.
Thanks!

The CSR has the shampoo and the conditioner in separate bottles. I am still using the extras from our trip last September -- I love it.

The CSR has the shampoo and the conditioner in separate bottles. I am still using the extras from our trip last September -- I love it.

Great!! One thing less to pack.

I love this thread. You are so quick to answer. I'm going to have to think up some more questions for you.;)

Will be at CSR when the K-12 chess tournament will be there do you think the pools and buses will be crowded since they are kids.. you would think they would be going to the parks and swimming? Do they usually stay longer then the convention to enjoy the world? I am just wondering if this should effect where i request to stay. Thanks for any info.

Saturday is rapidly approaching and I am getting soooo excited. The last time we stayed at CSR, the beds had just been switched out to the queens but they had just started the room refurbs. Can't wait to see the new look! :thumbsup2

Still can't believe that in just 3 1/2 days I'll have the biggest smile on my face as I "go home." Nothing like that feeling. :cool1:

just a little over 2 months 'till we leave for our long drive to CSR... i CAN'T WAIT!!!!

When should I send in a building request? Also, which should I request? We are travelling with 2 kids, so would like to be fairly close to the Dig Site.

Hi! Everyone!

I just booked CSR for 9/18-9/24 during free dining! My husband and I are pumped! We honeymooned at WDW in 2008, but we stayed at Pop. We are looking forward to staying at a moderate this time and continuing our adventures in gluttony with the DxDDP.

I booked two breakfasts at Maya Grill during our stay. Forgive me if it's been asked before, but are the choices there tasty? The menu looks good, but I am not sure if I want to eat there twice if it's not great, ya know? We are going to be eating Breakfasts at Kona Cafe, Crystal Palace, Boma, and Kouzzina as well. If Maya Grill isn't the best, any other suggestions?

Thanks!!! I cannot wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter