Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought a the discription on the Disney site says "closer to dining and convention facilities" but doesn't mention the pool at all. If it is only 1,2, and 3 It is not worth $20 a night extra for us as we prefer to be in Cabanas 8A anyway. We had a GREAT room there last year, and would like to be in that building agian, here's hoping!

I could maybe understand Cabanas 9A (it couldn't be 9B because that is Club Level for Convention Guests) and Casitas 2 and 3. It will be interesting to see. Personally, I wouldn't pay for it either. We've been in Casitas 5 and are actually asking for the Ranchos next month (here's hoping); we don't mind the walk (and we've had a longer walk at the Contemporary from our room to the pool than the longest walk at the CSR).

For anyone who has been to CSR in the past couple months & on the Dining Plan, did you have to pay the 10% gratuity at Pepper Market?

Last summer when we were there on the DP did not have to pay the 10%...just wanted to be prepared for this trip.

So is this as of 2011 or now? Very confusing, I booked ours just last week and the cm never asked did we want a preferred room?

For anyone who has been to CSR in the past couple months & on the Dining Plan, did you have to pay the 10% gratuity at Pepper Market?

Last summer when we were there on the DP did not have to pay the 10%...just wanted to be prepared for this trip.

We went to Pepper Market for lunch in January when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. They didn't charge us at the end. But the waiter was very specific that the tip was not included in the bill and we were to leave it with him. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not.

Hey everyone... I'm thinking about CSR for our (parents and I) trip in January. ETA: HAHA Sorry I didn't realize how long this post wold get, I thank you all if you got through it!!

A little background: I'm 27 and my parents are in their 60s. This will be our first trip to WDW since I was 4 (so no I remember nothing except I think the teacups, but I might be remembering the TeaCups from a trip to our local SixFlags park!! I do remember Sesame Place on the drive home!) Anyway I work full-time, but still live at home... and I have wanted to go to WDW for years, but university and real life got in the way.

Back to CSR: We were planning just to do Value (Sports, we are a HUGE sporting family), and we know we aren't going to be using the hotel very much, and I do love the outgoing feel of the Values (I work with kids, so I don't find it over the top, I find it very Disney!!). However, the double beds suck. We would have to either rent a cot or bring our air matress (which itself is double sized so I don't even know if it would fit). But we could manage with two queens. A friend of mine is a huge CSR fans so I knew it had queen beds, but honestly I didn't like the sound of the resort... until I looked at the pictures and I was blown away at how beautiful it looked!

So now I don't know which resort, although it really depends on if we can get a discount of some sort (like the 4/3). I think the Queen beds would be great instead of having to bring the air matress and take up luggage/carry-on space. But I know we won't be in the hotel that much, and kind of feel like I wouldn't get the chance to explore all it's beauty (because it's winter it'll get darker earlier, so less time to explore in the daytime), and wonder if it's worth the extra price...

Thanks for any advice, help you can provide! I would definitely love to try CSR resort, it looks stunning and more like a deluxe hotel!

The countdown is at 30 days... :banana::yay::woohoo:
I just had to share~everyone at work thinks I'm crazy.

KatMark-
I am eating at Maya my first night there. Any suggestions? Have you eaten there? What's good?

Thanks

6 more days until check in! This time next we we will be finishing up lunch at Le Cellier!

I just wanted to tell everyone that my cousin who begins her college program experience today will be working at CSR! In the gift shop I'm almost sure. So if you come across a girl named Jackie with long brown hair while on your vacation be sure to be extra nice to her! :) she has such a bubbly personality you will only want to be nice to her!!

I read on another site CSR has microwaves that can only be requested at check in. Are they hard to come by?

Hey everyone... I'm thinking about CSR for our (parents and I) trip in January. ETA: HAHA Sorry I didn't realize how long this post wold get, I thank you all if you got through it!!

A little background: I'm 27 and my parents are in their 60s. This will be our first trip to WDW since I was 4 (so no I remember nothing except I think the teacups, but I might be remembering the TeaCups from a trip to our local SixFlags park!! I do remember Sesame Place on the drive home!) Anyway I work full-time, but still live at home... and I have wanted to go to WDW for years, but university and real life got in the way.

Back to CSR: We were planning just to do Value (Sports, we are a HUGE sporting family), and we know we aren't going to be using the hotel very much, and I do love the outgoing feel of the Values (I work with kids, so I don't find it over the top, I find it very Disney!!). However, the double beds suck. We would have to either rent a cot or bring our air matress (which itself is double sized so I don't even know if it would fit). But we could manage with two queens. A friend of mine is a huge CSR fans so I knew it had queen beds, but honestly I didn't like the sound of the resort... until I looked at the pictures and I was blown away at how beautiful it looked!

So now I don't know which resort, although it really depends on if we can get a discount of some sort (like the 4/3). I think the Queen beds would be great instead of having to bring the air matress and take up luggage/carry-on space. But I know we won't be in the hotel that much, and kind of feel like I wouldn't get the chance to explore all it's beauty (because it's winter it'll get darker earlier, so less time to explore in the daytime), and wonder if it's worth the extra price...

Thanks for any advice, help you can provide! I would definitely love to try CSR resort, it looks stunning and more like a deluxe hotel!

It really comes down to what you want out of your resort. If you are only going to sleep/shower, then stick with a value and save the money for souvenirs. If you want to relax at some point during the day with your parents being in their 60's, then go with the CSR.

DH and I are both in our 50's and we love everything about CSR. We stayed at the All-Star Sports when our boys were about 10 and 12 (so that made me 40) and we hated it. We didn't mind the larger than life icons; it was the fact that the resort always felt "busy, crowded and noisy." We prefer a more laidback vacation (we go back to the resort for a midday swim or rest out of the heat. If you decide to go with CSR, next year they will be offering "preferred rooms" which will keep guests closer to the main building (although they will cost more). Good louck deciding.

Just completed online check-in...CSR, here we come!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The countdown is at 30 days... :banana::yay::woohoo:
I just had to share~everyone at work thinks I'm crazy.

KatMark-
I am eating at Maya my first night there. Any suggestions? Have you eaten there? What's good?

Thanks

:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::woohoo: So happy for you Robin. I have not eaten at Maya except for breakfast. I have a friend here on the DIS, OhioDisneyLover, who ate there last year and liked it so much that she is making a special trip over from the WL for dinner this year.

6 more days until check in! This time next we we will be finishing up lunch at Le Cellier!

How exciting!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I just wanted to tell everyone that my cousin who begins her college program experience today will be working at CSR! In the gift shop I'm almost sure. So if you come across a girl named Jackie with long brown hair while on your vacation be sure to be extra nice to her! :) she has such a bubbly personality you will only want to be nice to her!!

I still can't get over the news. :)

I read on another site CSR has microwaves that can only be requested at check in. Are they hard to come by?

Yes; you can request a microwave when you check in. It is first come, first served (no charge). I do not know how many they have or how difficult they are to get them (I've never requested one).

Okay, for those of you who were interested in a DIS Meet while Mark and I are there and did not see the poll, here are the results. I suggested three times:

9/18 (Saturday) at 2 p.m. at Siesta's at the Main Pool
9/19 (Sunday at 2 p.m. at Siesta's at the Main Pool
9/20 (Monday) at 2:30 p.m. in the gardens of Germany by Biergarten in Epcot

No one chose Sunday at Epcot. We have a few more votes for Sunday than we did on Saturday. What I've deecided is, we will do BOTH. This way whoever can make it on Saturday can stop and say hello and whoever can make it on Sunday can stop and say hello. Mark and I will be at the pool both of those days anyway so we aren't losing any touring time and we'd be delighted to meet whoever can make it.

KatMark, or anyone for that matter........

We are currently booked at Pop for our vacation from Feb 5-12th though we are really hoping for a discount code so we can upgrade to a moderate- we really want to try CSR but they are already booked solid- in fact the only room available is the junior king suite- YIKES. I am assuming there is a convention there that week :(

Is there any chance that standard rooms will open up before our trip? Do I need to stalk the website every few days to see if there are openings?

Thanks!

We are currently booked at Pop for our vacation from Feb 5-12th though we are really hoping for a discount code so we can upgrade to a moderate- we really want to try CSR but they are already booked solid- in fact the only room available is the junior king suite- YIKES. I am assuming there is a convention there that week :(

Is there any chance that standard rooms will open up before our trip? Do I need to stalk the website every few days to see if there are openings?

Thanks!

Hi; yes, there are two conventions currently listed:

February 1 - 6, USPS National Meeting
February 12 - 17, SPIE Medical Imagining

Now, how big those conventions are, I don't know. I also know that sometime in February (and I'm not positive of the dates because we've never gone in February), some kids on the East Coast have a week off of school. However, CSR does block a certain number of rooms and release them closer to the date. I do know someone who booked a water view for this September about four months ago and she really wanted a standard after she thought about it and couldn't get it. She kept trying every couple of days and was able to get a standard view today.

So, I say NEVER give up if you really want to try it. I would also try whichever way you didn't try to book CSR (if you tried online, then call CRO; if you tried CRO, then try online).

Sorry if I wasn't more help than that.

Thanks!

I'm stalking for Nov 19-24. Every morning I wake up, get a cup of coffee, check for availability at CSR. Then I can get on with my day.

DD and I are planning a trip for August 2011-her last as a single girl before her 2012 wedding. She wants to try CSR but I really liked POFQ when we went last summer. I liked the privacy curtain for changing with more room than the bathroom and the pillowtop beds were very comfy. Will I be disappointed with CSR? The pictures look very impressive but I'm a little conflicted. Can anyone convince me?:)

DD and I are planning a trip for August 2011-her last as a single girl before her 2012 wedding. She wants to try CSR but I really liked POFQ when we went last summer. I liked the privacy curtain for changing with more room than the bathroom and the pillowtop beds were very comfy. Will I be disappointed with CSR? The pictures look very impressive but I'm a little conflicted. Can anyone convince me?:)

CSR has sliding doors that close off the dressing area. They are beautiful. No, I don't think that any of you will be disappointed. CSR also has queen beds instead od the double beds at POFQ.

thank you for your help! I truly hope some availablity opens up for that week in February. If for some reason it doesn't does anyone have any other moderate suggestions for us? We stayed at POR in May and liked it, but would like to try something new. Our concern with CBR is that there is a dance competition the weekend we arrive and the girls have the option to stay at all stars or CBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter