Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info on Garden Grocer. I guess I'm waiting to hear about the Costco water and any potential charges before I go with Garden Grocer since we mainly need the water, and would probably add in some other items to get to the minimum order required with GG.

We are on the DxDP, so does that mean that we WON'T get charged the 10%? Thanks!

I just placed my order with garden grocer. It was super easy. They even called me to confirm my delivered in a week or so.We liked that they have larger water bottles than costco so check out the size waters you are looking for. We ordered plenty of water, apples, bananas and some sunnyd(kids love them). We are also on the dining plan but figured the fruit will be good for a couple of breakfasts just to hold us over until we have an early lunch.

You should do a PTR--it helps pass the days away. I'll be there in 43 days and it keeps me sane doing mine. If you do one, link it here and I'll come read (and you can read mine ;)).

Ok Kathy. I took the plunge. I started a PTR and stuck the link in my signature.

I'll even do my best to not let this one die! Can't promise it'll be exciting though. ;)

It's reallly good coffee here, not Nescafe coffee. It's funny bc at the Poly this am @ Capt Cooks I got hot chocolate instead of coffee BECAUSE it was Nescafe! And marked as such:rotfl:

I'm pretty sure that is was something othen than Nescafe. After 2 days of drinking the stuff in the room I caved and got the refillable mug and the coffee was so much better.

No Nescafe is another reason to like CSR.

We got our Magical Express vouchers in the mail yesterday! :woohoo:

I'm looking forward to doing the meet-up on 9/18.

Hi, we are going to be at CSR from Sept 11 - 18! Very excited for our first trip.

I have a question about some "breakfast strategies". I have 3 kids, who of course, don't eat the same things. I see that you can get things like toast, bagels etc. from the pepper market. Are these counted as "snacks" on the DDP?

Does Pepper Market get really busy in the mornings like the food courts at the values do? Should we try to eat breakfast before a certain time? Or would we be ok eating around 8:30-9am?

HAs anyone else gotten any info on the new "preferred" room locations.i saw someone else post a thead about new preferred locations at CSR and POR, so I called to get the scoop. The CM I talked to put me on hold for a while. When she came back she said that she has called CSR and asked where the rooms were. They are saying buildings 1,2, and 3. I guess they are geared for the convention crowd?? I thought the logical choice would have been 1 and 9. Has anyone else called and asked, and what were you told??

YAY!! I am excited for better coffee!!

The coffee is MUCH better. DH enjoys his one cup in the morning and he really likes the coffee here.

Hi, we are going to be at CSR from Sept 11 - 18! Very excited for our first trip.

I have a question about some "breakfast strategies". I have 3 kids, who of course, don't eat the same things. I see that you can get things like toast, bagels etc. from the pepper market. Are these counted as "snacks" on the DDP?

First, don't know when on the 18th you are leaving (or are you leaving the 19th?). I'm having a little meet with two wonderful ladies for coffee at 7:15 a.m. on the 18th outside at the tables by the lake and we are also doing a mini-DIS meet at Siesta's by the pool at 2:00 p.m.

I don't know how they handle those individual items at the Pepper Market because I've never just gotten toast or a bagel. HOWEVER, at Cafe Rix, the grab and go, these items count as a snack item on the dining plan: biscuits, muffins, banana bread, rice krispie treats, pop tarts, mixed melon cup, bananas, oranges, apples and yogurt.

Does Pepper Market get really busy in the mornings like the food courts at the values do? Should we try to eat breakfast before a certain time? Or would we be ok eating around 8:30-9am?

It really depends on 1) if there is a convention and if they have an early meeting and 2) how full the resort is. DH and I normally eat at the PM between 7 and 7:30 a.m. and we have never had a long wait to get a table unless we arrive as it just opens and others have already lined up.

It really depends on 1) if there is a convention and if they have an early meeting and 2) how full the resort is. DH and I normally eat at the PM between 7 and 7:30 a.m. and we have never had a long wait to get a table unless we arrive as it just opens and others have already lined up.

I didn't even think about the convention people. I guess I need to look into that. Thanks!

6 days until CSR!!:cool1:

HAs anyone else gotten any info on the new "preferred" room locations.i saw someone else post a thead about new preferred locations at CSR and POR, so I called to get the scoop. The CM I talked to put me on hold for a while. When she came back she said that she has called CSR and asked where the rooms were. They are saying buildings 1,2, and 3. I guess they are geared for the convention crowd?? I thought the logical choice would have been 1 and 9. Has anyone else called and asked, and what were you told??

There are no "preferred" rooms at the CSR that I am aware of. Is this something you have read of recently being added? The only moderate that offers preferred right now is the Caribbean. And, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 would certainly not be preferred unless you strictly wanted to be close to the food (those are the furthest buildings from the main pool.

There are no "preferred" rooms at the CSR that I am aware of. Is this something you have read of recently being added? The only moderate that offers preferred right now is the Caribbean. And, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 would certainly not be preferred unless you strictly wanted to be close to the food (those are the furthest buildings from the main pool.
It came out with the 2011 rates on the website today. You can now book preferred as a category, just like waterview ect. I made the same argument about 1,2,3 to the CM on the phone and she insisted that is what managment at CSR had told her???

It came out with the 2011 rates on the website today. You can now book preferred as a category, just like waterview ect. I made the same argument about 1,2,3 to the CM on the phone and she insisted that is what managment at CSR had told her???

Very interesting. I'll try to find out more info before we go or when we get there. I still don't understand how those are preferred. But, perhaps, people prefer to be closer to the main building (but Casitas 1 is usually used mostly by convention people)l.

Very interesting. I'll try to find out more info before we go or when we get there. I still don't understand how those are preferred. But, perhaps, people prefer to be closer to the main building (but Casitas 1 is usually used mostly by convention people)l.
That was my thought a the discription on the Disney site says "closer to dining and convention facilities" but doesn't mention the pool at all. If it is only 1,2, and 3 It is not worth $20 a night extra for us as we prefer to be in Cabanas 8A anyway. We had a GREAT room there last year, and would like to be in that building agian, here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter