Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just another question for you all.....I know I am a pain! But we have reservations for cinderellas table at 8am and the park does not open until 9am that day? I am totally confused as to how we will get in. Anyone know I would appreciate your help.

There are early morning buses for character meals and tours. Just be at the bus stop about 7:00am to catch the Magic Kingdom bus. Once you get to MK go through bag check, then when you get to the turnstyles, go to the far right. It should have a sign over it that says 'character dining'. There will be a CM there with a clip board with your name on it. She will check your name against her list and let you in.

By the way: Welcome to the DIS and you are not a pain. lol That's what this board is for, to ask questions. No one has all the anwers, but together I think the people on this board know most of them. Have a great trip!

I can ask about the unsweetened tea tomorrow, I don't drink it so never noticed. At the pool snack bar the choices are Coke, Diet Coke, the same Nestea, Fanta Orange & Sprite. The Orange & Sprite mixed is really good. :goodvibes

Thank you so much. Have a terrific time!!
We have 11 days until we leave!!!

Just booked our trip for 12/2 :cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

We have never stayed here so I am excited to try something new!!

Welcome. We hope you will love CSR half as much as we do. Please don't hesitate to ask questions...lots of helpful and goofy people here who are happy to lend a hand. :)

THanks!!!

I am thinking about requesting 8A or 9B...close to both the pool and the main building, correct???

THanks!!!

I am thinking about requesting 8A or 9B...close to both the pool and the main building, correct???

9B is super close to the main building and 8A is super close to the main pool. We have stayed in 9A and 8A - both were great locations for accessing the pool and the main building.

Just wanted to share that I am 33 days away from my first stay at CSR!
It is our 4th trip to WDW but first for this resort. I am so excited. :cool1::cool1: I know the people I work will are going to kill me if I talk about it one more time. I have been counting down the days only since like 90 so I am not sure what the problem is? :confused3 ;)
WOOO HOOO....:yay::yay:
I hope everyone has a great vacation whenever it is they are going!

It is our 4th trip to WDW but first for this resort. I am so excited. :cool1::cool1: I know the people I work will are going to kill me if I talk about it one more time. I have been counting down the days only since like 90 so I am not sure what the problem is? :confused3 ;)

We're nine days behind you. And people at my office just roll their eyes at me and my computer screen with my Disney desktop. :rotfl:

OK, I'm in full planning panic mode at the the moment. Our 10 year old son has severe food allergies to soy and peanuts (soy is in EVERYTHING now..) and we have normally stayed at the Ft. Wilderness cabins for access to the kitchen to make foods for his lunches. I am very familiar with the chefs accomodating for the table service restaurants as we went during free dining 2 years ago, but we don't trust the counter service places because of cross-contamination issues (happened the 1 time we tried it). Anyway, this time we are staying at CSR, and my husband is sure we can pre-prepare lunches (pizzas, mac & cheese, hotdogs, etc.) bring them frozen, and heat them up in the food court microwave then pack them for the park (yes, I have proper a thermos that worked last time). Problem is, I don't remember anyone mentioning a microwave at Pepper Market. Can someone confirm this? I also saw in an earlier post that they were able to request a microwave for the room. I called and asked (not the CSR front desk, but the reservation line) about microwave requests, and was told that to their knowledge, you couldn't request one. I'll try calling directly to CSR closer to our date, but I would rather plan on using the one at the food court, and if we do get one for the room it will just be a bonus! Oh, thank you for the tip on keeping the cabinet door to the 'fridge open. We needed to know that kind of stuff! Thank you for your help!!

OK, I'm in full planning panic mode at the the moment. Our 10 year old son has severe food allergies to soy and peanuts (soy is in EVERYTHING now..) and we have normally stayed at the Ft. Wilderness cabins for access to the kitchen to make foods for his lunches. I am very familiar with the chefs accomodating for the table service restaurants as we went during free dining 2 years ago, but we don't trust the counter service places because of cross-contamination issues (happened the 1 time we tried it). Anyway, this time we are staying at CSR, and my husband is sure we can pre-prepare lunches (pizzas, mac & cheese, hotdogs, etc.) bring them frozen, and heat them up in the food court microwave then pack them for the park (yes, I have proper a thermos that worked last time). Problem is, I don't remember anyone mentioning a microwave at Pepper Market. Can someone confirm this? I also saw in an earlier post that they were able to request a microwave for the room. I called and asked (not the CSR front desk, but the reservation line) about microwave requests, and was told that to their knowledge, you couldn't request one. I'll try calling directly to CSR closer to our date, but I would rather plan on using the one at the food court, and if we do get one for the room it will just be a bonus! Oh, thank you for the tip on keeping the cabinet door to the 'fridge open. We needed to know that kind of stuff! Thank you for your help!!

Yes, there is a microwave at the Pepper Market (there might be one at Cafe Rix -- but of this I'm not 100% positive). You can request one for your room. However, you CANNOT do it until you actually check in. It is a first come, first served basis (and there is no charge).

I hear you! We're 39 days away and no one around here wants to hear me talk about our trip either. I'm even more excited than the kids are darn it! :rotfl:

Great! Thanks for the quick answer! I can check that 'worry' off my panic list...now off to the next item...;)

Great! Thanks for the quick answer! I can check that 'worry' off my panic list...now off to the next item...;)

My son has multiple food allergies and we've never had any issues at counter service locations. His allergies are super severe fish, shell fish, peanuts, tree nuts and dairy. I always ask to speak to a manager or chef. The food seems to take FOREVER but it is done right for us. Sometimes they even throw in extra fruit or something special for him too!

I don't know if it is same around all of WDW, but I figure not - what is the check in process like at CS? I don't know what time we will get to CS, but it will be pretty early 8 or 9 am. Can we do some sort of "pre-checkin" where we are checked in but don't necessarily have room access? I'm just wondering if that would be possible so that we could improve our chances of getting our requests (building 8B/9A, crib, etc).

I don't know if it is same around all of WDW, but I figure not - what is the check in process like at CS? I don't know what time we will get to CS, but it will be pretty early 8 or 9 am. Can we do some sort of "pre-checkin" where we are checked in but don't necessarily have room access? I'm just wondering if that would be possible so that we could improve our chances of getting our requests (building 8B/9A, crib, etc).

You can check in whenever (we've done it at midnight, 2 a.m., 7 a.m., etc.). They will give you your key cards, your packet, etc., and will then text or call your cell phone when your room is ready. This way you can head over to one of the parks and start having a magical vacation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter