Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer to this. You might have to check out and in again to switch rooms (probably?), which would mess up your reservation if you have a package booked. You could book two six-night reservations, but if you have free dining, you'd have to buy two sets of tickets, so that's no good.

I know that people have switched rooms mid-stay if they had a problem with the room without messing up their reservations (or if they weren't happy with their location), so there must be a way. Even if you had two reservations, they would try to keep you in the same room for your convenience.

I guess you would just ask at check-in if you could switch rooms mid-trip while retaining your reservation.

I agree. The only way would be to ask at check-in if you could switch rooms midway through the trip or it will mess up everything else.

:laughing: Busted! :goodvibes I think it is a four-cup coffee maker if that helps any.

One tip - leave the cabinet door open if you want the fridge to cool (not the fridge door, but the door on the dresser). I actually knew this, but forgot. We moved from Portofino Bay (no fridge, had everything in a cooler) to CSR and loaded the fridge with drinks. Our nice cold drinks turned lukewarm! We adjusted the temp and left the cabinet door open overnight and everything was cold the next morning. If you are putting perishables in the fridge, be sure to adjust the temp and leave the cabinet door open so they don't spoil. We had no trouble the rest of the trip - I had just forgotten about the cabinet holding the heat in and preventing the fridge from cooling effectively. I also think housekeeping turns the fridge up when a guest checks out to conserve energy.

You don't have to leave the cabinet open the whole trip, but it will cool initially much more effectively if you prop the door open (we used one of DH's big shoes :rotfl2:).

Thank you- I will try to remember to keep the cabinet opened.
Thanks again

I agree. The only way would be to ask at check-in if you could switch rooms midway through the trip or it will mess up everything else.

Thank you! I definintely don't want to mess everything up! Staying in the same place is no biggie. I am just excited to be at Disney and CSR!!!

I don't know the answer to your question about the wine, but I just wanted to say hi...we are celebrating our 1st anniversary at CSR in October also! :flower3:

:wave2: Hi! We'll be there the 7th through the 17th. My husband INSISTED on being there for our anniversary on the 16th. How could I deny him? :) Though, it'll be the longest stay I've ever had. I can't wait!

It will not be a problem shipping it at all.

Have a great anniversary trip, and I'm glad you are going back to CSR so that you can enjoy it this trip without being sick.

And, since I don't know when your 30th birthday was, there is a new lounge at the CSR, the Rix Lounge, which is very nice and has a DJ on the weekends (and no kids allowed after 9 p.m.)

Thanks! I'm glad I get to go back too. Can't wait to take a few photos so I can stop being jealous of everyone else's beautiful shots. :D I might start a PTR with some photos from our trip last year to help keep me occupied. Though...I'm pretty bad on following through. I never got anywhere with the last one I tried to do. Though it's ok since I don't think anyone was reading it anyway. :rotfl:

My 30th birthday was just a couple years ago and Rix Lounge wasn't there. I'm certainly looking forward to visiting and I really hope our two friends join us on our trip. The husbands can chill out and watch a movie while the wives go dancing! :)

According to wineinstitute.shipcompliant.com/StateDetail.aspx?StateId=47, wineries may ship direct to consumers in Fla. Check out this thread for shipping to resorts (www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212). Contact the winery and give them the address to CSR and confirm that it will ship through a private (NOT USPS) company (FedEx, UPS). You may want to contact CSR to confirm that an adult will sign for the package. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you thank you thank you! I didn't even think to look up state laws. I just know that I can get wine shipped here to us in Missouri and now that you brought it up I've heard that some wineries don't ship to some states because of increased taxes and licensing fees. I'll have to look into that for our particular winery.

You guys have been a great help!

Yes, I think you did the right thing. If it is going to cost $1800 more for two rooms, you must be staying for a while. You will get bigger rooms, a fridge and coffeemaker, access to CSR's amenities like a fitness center, hot tub, awesome pool ands slide, and room service, plus you have upgraded your dining. I could probably handle Pop and QSDP for a few days, but for a longer trip, I think you will really appreciate the space and relaxation at CSR, as well as the upgraded meal plan.

Thanks for all the responses, we are excited plus plus plus. Given we are travelling for over 24hrs to get to the magical land I think this will make it more comfortable. Yes we are staying for 14nights and had already upgraded to ddp at pop from the free qsdp. It still cost $1800, but hey if I look at that divided into 14nights for 6 people its not to bad is it:lmao:Well thats what I told DH last night:rotfl2: Then I showed him the photos of the resort and he was like o.k you did the right thing:thumbsup2 Anyway just counting down now 43 days to go:rotfl:

Question. We might switch to CSR, I saw the pics of the updated rooms and love them. We would want to be close to the pool and food and a bus stop. Which building would I request? Are requests hard to get there?

My 30th birthday was just a couple years ago and Rix Lounge wasn't there. I'm certainly looking forward to visiting and I really hope our two friends join us on our trip. The husbands can chill out and watch a movie while the wives go dancing! :)

Thank you thank you thank you! I didn't even think to look up state laws. I just know that I can get wine shipped here to us in Missouri and now that you brought it up I've heard that some wineries don't ship to some states because of increased taxes and licensing fees. I'll have to look into that for our particular winery.

You guys have been a great help!

You should do a PTR--it helps pass the days away. I'll be there in 43 days and it keeps me sane doing mine. If you do one, link it here and I'll come read (and you can read mine ;)).

Thanks for all the responses, we are excited plus plus plus. Given we are travelling for over 24hrs to get to the magical land I think this will make it more comfortable. Yes we are staying for 14nights and had already upgraded to ddp at pop from the free qsdp. It still cost $1800, but hey if I look at that divided into 14nights for 6 people its not to bad is it:lmao:Well thats what I told DH last night:rotfl2: Then I showed him the photos of the resort and he was like o.k you did the right thing:thumbsup2 Anyway just counting down now 43 days to go:rotfl:

We'll be there in 43 days too. If you haven't already, there's a poll as we are trying to do a DIS meet. Be sure to sign up on it.

Question. We might switch to CSR, I saw the pics of the updated rooms and love them. We would want to be close to the pool and food and a bus stop. Which building would I request? Are requests hard to get there?

There is a bus stop located in each section, so you will be close to the bus stop. The cabanas (8A, 8B, 9A, and 9B) are located in between the pool and the main building. They tend to be very popular, but we have gotten cabanas twice in a row (once without even requesting them). Ranchos 7B is close to the pool but farther from the main building (there is some food at the pool, but most is in the main building). Casita 5 is closer to the main building and still a reasonable walk to the pool.

If you don't receive what you want at check-in, you can ask for another room and they will try to accommodate you if they can.

Enjoy your stay! :goodvibes

When faxing a room request to whose attention do I put it to, and what is the number? Do I have to call to verify they received it? Thanks.

When faxing a room request to whose attention do I put it to, and what is the number? Do I have to call to verify they received it? Thanks.

Fax number: (407) 939-1001

I just address mine to: CSR, Room Assignors

There is no way to verify they got it by calling because the number listed for the CSR really goes to the Central Registration people and they see that the call is coming to CSR and answer "CSR."

Fax number: (407) 939-1001

I just send mine addressed to the Coronado Springs Resort, Room Assignor

When are you leaving? You could call CRO (Central Reservations) and have them note your request on your ressie as well.

I quoted Kathy's post with the fax number. I don't think it helps to call to see if they got it - when you call the CSR number, you are actually calling a call center, not the resort itself.

Edited:

Kathy - you're always one step ahead of me! :rotfl2:

I quoted Kathy's post with the fax number. I don't think it helps to call to see if they got it - when you call the CSR number, you are actually calling a call center, not the resort itself.

Edited:

Kathy - you're always one step ahead of me! :rotfl2:

Oh, I don't know about that. I'm going to count on you to be sure this thread doesn't reach 250 pages while I'm gone (unless it gets there before I leave :scared1:).

Oh, I don't know about that. I'm going to count on you to be sure this thread doesn't reach 250 pages while I'm gone (unless it gets there before I leave :scared1:).

I was looking at that yesterday. We seem to go through about 50 pages in two months. It might be tight, but we should be OK. If we reach 250 while you're gone, I'll start a temporary thread with a link to this one and muddle through, trying not to give out too much misinformation while you are having fun with Mickey! ;)

I was looking at that yesterday. We seem to go through about 50 pages in two months. It might be tight, but we should be OK. If we reach 250 while you're gone, I'll start a temporary thread with a link to this one and muddle through, trying not to give out too much misinformation while you are having fun with Mickey! ;)

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

Thank you for the #.

Question, for making 8am rope drop, taking the bus, is 6:45am to early to leave the room? I don't want to be waiting for them to open, as I can't stand for long periods due to back issues, but I don't want to be behind a crowd of people either.

Thank you for the #.

Question, for making 8am rope drop, taking the bus, is 6:45am to early to leave the room? I don't want to be waiting for them to open, as I can't stand for long periods due to back issues, but I don't want to be behind a crowd of people either.

I think you will be ok. You don't want to get there too early, but early enough that you are near the front.
In January we got to the Magic Kingdom at 7:30ish for a 8am rope drop (or so we thought), turns out it was an extra magic hour evening not morning. But it worked out, because we got to open the Magic Kingdom that day. :)

Thanks for the picture. I see that they have sweetened iced tea. Is there anything else included besides what is in the picture. I am interested in seeing it they have UNsweetened iced tea? Anyone?
Thanks

I can ask about the unsweetened tea tomorrow, I don't drink it so never noticed. At the pool snack bar the choices are Coke, Diet Coke, the same Nestea, Fanta Orange & Sprite. The Orange & Sprite mixed is really good. :goodvibes

You should do a PTR--it helps pass the days away. I'll be there in 43 days and it keeps me sane doing mine. If you do one, link it here and I'll come read (and you can read mine ;)).

We'll be there in 43 days too. If you haven't already, there's a poll as we are trying to do a DIS meet. Be sure to sign up on it.

Oh how exciting KatMark:banana:You must give me the link so I can join your poll. :love:

Oh just another question for you all.....I know I am a pain! But we have reservations for cinderellas table at 8am and the park does not open until 9am that day? I am totally confused as to how we will get in. Anyone know I would appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter