• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef Was Awesome!!!!

We ate at the Coral Reef in October and were very disppointed. It was noisy, dark, cold and the service was mediocore. The menu had very little variety and the food was average. I am glad you had a good experience though!

I posted a review in another CR thread (post #15) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1364120

I want to add that this is the only truely bad experience we have had in a Disney TS restaurant. The service elsewhere has been very accomidating and friendly. I dont want to stop people from going to CR, and I hope my experience was not normal. Howevor, I do want to warn people that at least once there was a CR experience which was less than average.

We just got back from our trip and ate at CR last Monday. It was wonderful! Here is a list of the things different people in my group had:

3 Lobster Soups
1 Seafood Souffle
1 Cesar Salad

1 Seared Ahi Tuna
1 Mahi Mahi
2 Ribeyes
1 Kids Chicken

Chocolate Waves for dessert

The lobster soup was delicious. I tried the seafood souffle, it was okay, but nowhere near as good as the lobster soup. My brother ate all of his salad so I guess it was good too. I had the seared ahi tuna which was delicious. It is a sushi-grade tuna cooked medium rare. If you like sushi, I think you would love this because I did! However, if you are not into raw fish stay away! The middle of the fish was red and cool (just like it was supposed to be). It was served with wasabi mashed potatoes that went perfectly with the fish. My whole meal was SOOO GOOD!!! The steaks were huge and my husband and brother ate all of theirs. I tried the steak and it was good but not the best I've ever had. My mom seemed to enjoy the mahi-mahi but I didn't try it so I can't give an opinion on it. The chocolate wave was out of this world! The restaurant was a little loud, but I didn't think it was any worse than others that we dined at throughout the week. I didn't really notice the noise until the end of our meal when we were waiting for our check. The service was okay, not bad but not great. Overall, I loved this meal. I will definitely be going back to CR on my next visit.

Thanks for the help. me and my family were looking for the perfect place to go and that's deffinetley a choice. thanks
&♥
xox:love:

I'm so excited about out Coral Reef ADR on Tuesday. We're having a diver hold up a sign for my MIL and FIL. I can't wait. It's going to be so great! :banana:

I had to settle for lunch at 2 for a party of 7 week from Thursday. Wanted diner but it was booked all week long. Must not be too bad. It was good last time I went, but that was 10 years ago...they were probably on a different batch of fish then.

I'm so excited about out Coral Reef ADR on Tuesday. We're having a diver hold up a sign for my MIL and FIL. I can't wait. It's going to be so great! :banana:

Do you mean you can have divers hold up a special sign??!!!:hyper: My DD9princess: has chosen Coral Reef for her special 10th Birthday celebration and this would be so cool to do for her......how do you arrange this and can they do a birthday banner?? My travel agent hasn't mentioned this at all and she is sooooooo great with details.:scratchin ::yes::

:banana: Oh Yeah! My Travel Agent called until she found this info out. We will have a surprise diver! At Coral Reef..you can ask for a diver to hold up a birthday sign(or anniv.) for FREE!!!!:cheer2: My Travel Agent apologized for not thinking of this first but was great and set the whole thing up!!:yay: :yay: My DD will be "blown out of the water". haha! I am not sure if her name and 10th bday will be on the sign....my TA asked to confirm the spelling of her name and age she will be. I will try to post pics when we return. I am so thrilled! Now, I have to keep this a secret for just a little longer!:cool2:

I tried and was told NO. I wanted the shrimp pasta from the dinner menu for lunch and the server said it could not be ordered. So I ordered the prime rib, which was OK.

We have had great meals here recently. We ate at CR twice last week, once for dinner and once for lunch. I do find eating here for lunch a much more relaxing meal. Dinner is very chaotic. We had a great server for lunch last weekend. His name was Riley and he was the best server we have had in many, many trips. We were on the DDP, but tipped him alot extra and he came over and personally thanked us. It was well deserved!

As someone else noted, I had the strawberry stinger smoothie and it was the best smoothie I've ever had.

Riley was the best!!! We ate at CR on 3/15 and he was our server. He was one of the best servers we had this trip. He has worked at CR 18 years and knew so much about the menu and helped us a lot. You can ask for him when you go. (I suggest you do!) I'm glad to see his name mentioned. It's such a more pleasant meal when you have a great server.

I have been wanting to try Coral Reef on our honeymoon in October but we both are not fans of seafood..... will we still enjoy it? do they have good steaks??

This may be heresy, but the steak at Coral Reef about a month ago was better than the one at Le Cellier!

I have been wanting to try Coral Reef on our honeymoon in October but we both are not fans of seafood..... will we still enjoy it? do they have good steaks??

Yes! Me and DH aren't huge seafood fans either and we had prime rib/steak at CR and LeCellier and we both liked Coral Reef better, both the food and the atmosphere. You should definately give it a shot!

My DH and DD(20) both had the steak (I believe it was a NY strip), and they both really liked it! They still thought LeCellier was better, but said CR was really good! I'd say go for it because the atmosphere is really cool. I'm glad I read some good reviews and decided to book it a week before we left. We were blessed to even get an ADR. I heard them turning away a family when we checked in saying they were only seating people with reservations because they were totally booked.

We love it there - DH always insists we go every trip. He loves the steak and I am usually adventerous - have loved the crab cakes, the shrimp. . . haven't treid anything i didn't like yet. We have always had great service and enjoy it - I know I have read a lot of negative reviews but couldn't disagree more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter