• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef Was Awesome!!!!

atisikitabasket

Mom Always Said I was a Little Off
Ok we just got back Sunday and I will do a full review later but for now I wanted to let everyone know how great the Coral Reef was when we had dinner there. I was considering changing it due to a lot of bad reviews and I am so Happy I didn't. We were 2 adults a 12 yr old and 4 yr old all on the meal plan

1-Lobster soup
1-Crab Claw
1-BBQ Beef

12yr old loved the soup I liked the claws. Husband said the beef was a little too sweet and tough.

2 - Strawberry Stingers included as drinks on plan "Awesome"

Entree's
1- KC Strip
1-Shrimp Pasta
1-Catfish with mashed potato instead of grits
"all were excellent"
1- Cheese pizza with apple w/no sugar, and fruit cup
He actually ate every bite and informed us "yum! very good mommy!"

Dessert
2-Chocolate Wave
1-Pinapple Upside down
1-scoop ice cream

The Pinapple cake was ok a little dry but I didn't think this until I tried my husband chocolate wave which was incredible I can not decribe how great it and the white chocolate ice cream was. I thought me and DH would have a knock down since he wouldn't let me have a second nibble! The only place that the desert plates were licked clean. we were a row back from the window and the view was awesome our server was great I believe her name was Blanca but not for sure she was great!!! If you are worried about going I wouldn't change this one go ahead and give it a shot.

Great review! I have to say we loved it as well!! We were there last Wednesday night and had an awesome server and great food!!

Coral Reef has been getting great reviews lately, it's now on my list for next trip!:thumbsup2

Just returned from trip 2/3-2/9 and we all LOVED Coral Reef!!! Outstanding Ahi Tuna and the Chocolate Wave lived up to the hype. Best dessert of the trip.

We have PS (or ADR- whatever they are calling it these days- I can't keep track anymore) for Coral Reef on this coming trip. I haven't eaten there since 1994. I was looking forward to it until I read this awful review: http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/coralreef.htm :scared1:

I am so glad that you started this thread! I'm keeping my PS and once again excited to be eating there.

One question: The kid's pizza- is it like Ellios? If not, how would you describe it? I would hate for DS9 to order it and then hate it.

Waiting to read more positives here, so everyone please give more reviews!popcorn::

Thanks for the review. I plan on going for the first time for our Sept trip. Can't wait. :thumbsup2

And is it possible to order kids meals for adults?? Or to just order dessert? I would love to go back just for the Chocolate Wave!!

Thanks so much for this post, we have ADR's for Coral Reef next Monday and the negaive reviews scared me! I thought about changing it, but I really want to try eating here, and hearing this makes me happy!

And is it possible to order kids meals for adults?? Or to just order dessert? I would love to go back just for the Chocolate Wave!!

I'm fairly certain that adults can only order kids meals at counter service eateries. Most TS restaurants specify an age for ordering off of the kids menu.
Don't know for sure about just doing the dessert, but off the top of my head I'd say "yes".

We ate there last year and it was wonderful, which surprised me because it does get so many negative reviews on the boards. I enjoyed our meal at CR even more than Le Cellier.

Thanks for posting your review. I recently booked this ADR against the advice of several people and I thought to myself "I hope they don't get the opportunity to say I told you so." Your feedback is making much more comfortable about my decision. I'll post a review too when I return in May.

We ate there with the candlelight processional on Dec. 24th and we felt that the entire experience was bad from seating, service, to the food. Thank you for your post I'm hoping that it was just a bad day when we were there because we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter