Confirmed "new kids menu" sightings

Does anyone know if they will allow you to say substitue an ice cream sundae for the yogurt parfait? :cool1:

I'll say it again:

Le Cellier, Kona, Teppanyaki, Jiko, Artist's Point, Chef Mickey's (or any other buffet for that matter) all still have the old menu

Sci-fi and Mama Melrose have the new menu.

Those are the ones that I personally saw.

Ok, so if we go to a TS restaurant can we just share the three TS meals we're entitled to and then use the child TS credits for CS somewhere they would like to eat? I suppose we'd just buy them drinks, even though we generally only drink water with meals.

I'm so worried I wasted $1,500 on DDP.

My children are all great salad and vegetable eaters, but those meals don't even look yummy in the food stylized pictures. Healthy eating does not have to mean bland and boring.

oogieboogie said:
I'll say it again:

Le Cellier, Kona, Teppanyaki, Jiko, Artist's Point, Chef Mickey's (or any other buffet for that matter) all still have the old menu

Sci-fi and Mama Melrose have the new menu.

Those are the ones that I personally saw.

It looks like no Epcot restaurants (at least in the World Showcase) have the new menu, and also no resort restaurants appear to have it. Does this appear to be accurate?

littleteapot said:
Ok, so if we go to a TS restaurant can we just share the three TS meals we're entitled to and then use the child TS credits for CS somewhere they would like to eat? I suppose we'd just buy them drinks, even though we generally only drink water with meals.

I'm so worried I wasted $1,500 on DDP.

My children are all great salad and vegetable eaters, but those meals don't even look yummy in the food stylized pictures. Healthy eating does not have to mean bland and boring.

I'm not sure you can still use a TS for a CS. I think it was only allowed during the free dining promotion. Does anyone know for sure?

Maybe I'm a bit off today, but is this new menu only if you're using the DDP or is this for everyone?

akalittleeva said:
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can get fried chicken/meatloaf at 50's Prime Time for the kids even though it is not listed on the menu - I thought I read it here somewhere that you could, but not sure if it was just during the change over to appease unexpecting diners. Glad to hear about the turkey dinner at LTT - that's one meal taken care of for dd. What are the al a carte items at Sci Fi? We are at the mercy of the al a carte items - I showed DD8 the new menu and she was disappointed - may end up paying OOP for a few meals for her.

I can confirm that I was able to get meatloaf for my children at Prime Time in Oct/05. I had a choice, I could either order from the adult menu and have them split it in the kitchen, or order a smaller portion as a kid's portion. It was slightly less expensive to have them split the adult portion, however. This would be an option for any of the entrees on the adult menu, I think. It worked well for us because we had two children to split it, and I expect we will do the same for some choices this year.

FayeW said:
I can confirm that I was able to get meatloaf for my children at Prime Time in Oct/05. I had a choice, I could either order from the adult menu and have them split it in the kitchen, or order a smaller portion as a kid's portion. It was slightly less expensive to have them split the adult portion, however. This would be an option for any of the entrees on the adult menu, I think. It worked well for us because we had two children to split it, and I expect we will do the same for some choices this year.

Faye,

I just want to make sure I understand your post. You were able to have 2 kids split an adult entree for Dinner on DDP?

Thanks! :goodvibes

disnygrl30 said:
Maybe I'm a bit off today, but is this new menu only if you're using the DDP or is this for everyone?

the new menu is for everyone.

Also, Beaches & Cream, Pepper Market still have the old menu as well.

The TS to CS was offered during free dining. I'm not certain if it's still offered now.

As of last week (Oct 8) a credit is a credit is a credit. There are no adults credit/childs credit. Credits are still lumped together, whether you use it for your kid or not is up to you. The caveats still exist, if you use a credit at a TS restaurant, kids must order from the kids meal wherever possible.

If you decide to pay OOP instead of using DDP for your child, that is still permissible as well. That is our personal experience. This is my statement. I do not speak for Disney or their rules.

Subscribing...

We go in Dec. I know DS 8 will eat what they have on the kid's menu but will he be happy is my question...I can always order his meal and then share some of mine... :confused3

That is ridiculous, to take a "kiddie cone" off the kids menu and put on the adults!

When all the food chains can get it right--how can they do sooo badly?

Did I read it correctly that now there are also similar menu changes to CS? (oh no, guess we'll be bringing in PB&J's!! and eating offsite)

Looks like I am a minority here but I think my child will really enjoy these new options. She is a huge veggie and fruit eater, and doesn't really eat meat.

I do think there is room for some improvement though, but overall I think it's a nice change. :thumbsup2

Is there somewhere where we can complain about the changes to the kids menu. Maybe if enough people complain they might bring the old menu back.

I am with you, if i knew where to or who to complain to I would. I think a lot of people would if they knew about the new menu. I am guessing a lot of people do not know and will not know until they get there. There are a lot of people that don't read this board or anything before they go. That was us the first trip we took.
I think your right that if enough people complain maybe they will do something about it.

Could we possibly start a list of the ala carte items for all the restaurants with the new menus so we can see what kind of variety our kiddos can get with appetizer, entre, and dessert.

Great idea!

From what's been posted already, I'll start.

Tony's: Mac 'n Cheese or Spaghetti with Meatballs
Sci-Fi: Mac 'n Cheese or Hamburger

So far it seems the new menu (picture posted on allears menu page) has been confirmed at

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch

Sci Fi

Prime Time

Mama Melrose's

Tony's

Brown Derby was unclear if it was confirmed in the post but it's also mentioned at all ears.

Confirmed a la carte
kidsgobears Great idea!

From what's been posted already, I'll start.

Tony's: Mac 'n Cheese or Spaghetti with Meatballs
Sci-Fi: Mac 'n Cheese or Hamburger

Originally, I thought that WDW calling my 11 year old skinny boy an adult on the DDP was crazy, but I think that new kid's menu is really stinky! It certainly wouldn't add to the "fun factor" of our vacation. It seems like it might be a money saving ploy labeled "healthy eating". I don't think too many kids will be getting excited about cold, dry chicken strips. :confused3

JandD Mom said:
Faye,

I just want to make sure I understand your post. You were able to have 2 kids split an adult entree for Dinner on DDP?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Sorry to be so late responding, I was having some "technical difficulties".

We were not on the DDP, but we did purchase an adult portion of meatloaf, and they split it in the kitchen onto two plates, one for each of my children. They enjoyed it, and I enjoyed giving them a more traditional (not fastfood) meal.

I'm all for healthy choices, choice being the key world. But I am not looking foward to fighting wiht my two year old for two weeks in WDW. As for this being disney's response to the dining plan its crazy! If is about their bottom line stop giving it away for free or raise the price a little. Imagine as an adult going out to eat and being told if you get the chicken you can only have apples! If anyone knows where to write and complain please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter