Confirmed "new kids menu" sightings

I have posted this on the other thread but I want you all to see how Sea World treats their young guests. I don't think the new menus have much to do with healthy as cost containment. I'm sure the fat content between chicken nuggets and chicken salad is close. I
Young Adults Menu

(Recommended for ages 10-15)

Oak Grilled Petit Filet Mignon $10.95
Grilled to perfection and served with fried onion wisps, poblano seasoned mashed potatoes and grilled corn cobbette

Oak Grilled Salmon Filet $9.95
Oak grilled and served with poblano seasoned mashed potatoes and grilled corn cobbette

Grilled Chicken Breast with Orange Glaze $7.75
Served with french fries and grilled corn cobbette

Popcorn Shrimp $8.75
Tender shrimp in a crisp batter, fried golden brown and served with french fries and fresh fruit

Children's Menu

(Suggested for children under the age of 10 years)

Pasta Marinara $5.95
A plate of fresh linguine, topped with our special marinara sauce accompanied by garlic toast

Jumbo Oak Grilled Hot Dog $5.75
All beef hot dog, oak grilled and served with french fries and fresh fruit

Chicken Tenders $6.55
Tender white meat chicken, breaded and fried, served with french fries and fresh fruit

Desserts

My kids are 8.5 and 3.5. Luckily they both will eat salad. DD is alittle easier than DS. He had alot of feeding issues as a baby/toddler and aversions to certain textures. It has been so difficult to feed him sometimes. When we were at WDW in May it was so hard to find chicken nuggets! Sure, almost all the restaurants and CS had chicken tenders, but DS won't eat them, only nuggets. Thankfully we finally found nuggets at Epcot, the McDonalds CS. It was a lifesaver for DS. Now with these new menus it's going to be really hard for him. I'll probably just let him share with me. I do like that there are healthier options, but there really needs to be more variety.

That menu that was posted, what restaurant is it for?

If you go to allearsnet the menu at the Turf Club at SSR is the also the new kids menu.

This should be an interesting eating experience this coming trip!LOL I'm so glad we are not on the DDP. Another option is to just order an adult meal and have 2 kids share it.

jennwdw said:
Ok 2nd child I thought this logic works great surely it will apply to him. No such luck!!!! There are about 10 foods he eats none of which are veggies (unless you count corn as a veggie) he will not even try food he's remotely suspicious of. I still don't prepare separate meals and I try to get him to at least take a "no thank you" bite of whatever is offered but that doesn't always work. I just can't fight it all the time. I was a picky eater too and I just can't make this one a battle to fight. So I mentally try to make sure he's makes some healthy choices but I also know he loves "circle" chicken (think MCD's nuggets) and fries and as long as he eats a couple healthy things every day then if he wants circle chicken well then at least I know he's eating. Although if he skips a meal because he chooses not to eat what's offered then he knows that he'll get no snack between meals. My kids are very active and I know the calories are burned. If I can get at least 1 of every food group per day then I'm content. Eventually I have hope that he'll learn to love some of the foods I grew to love with time. He's only 4 1/2 so he should outgrow some of this nonsense

Could we have twins? Sounds pretty much like my DS4 to me. And we just went to the dr yesterday for his 4 yo checkup (3 months later LOL!) and he measured out at 41.5 inches and 38 lbs. Dr. says 75th percentile for both but BMI is only 16 and he's in the 50th percentile for that. So whatever he manages to eat, he's doing fine. Some days he's a machine and eats all day, other days no interest. I try to get fruits into him, he loves peas, maybe eats corn. I make sure he has enough calcium (not much of a milk drinker so I buy calcium fortified OJ), give him yogurt and cheese, and hope for the best.

I think we'll just all have to see how this pans out over the next months. We're going on Nov. 4 so if I don't see more postings about EPCOT restaurants, I'll make sure I take pictures of the menus and post them when we get back.

DaisyD said:
I was at Kona's yesterday and they took the Kiddie cone off the kids menu and put it on the adult menu. The family next to us was on the DDP and asked for the kiddie cone for their kids and was told NO. The kids had a choice of jello or a brownie sundae. There were a lot of menu changes we noticed last week and we were told they are all due to the DDP.

This happened to us at Kona two weeks ago. Why in the world do they call it a "Kiddie" Cone if it is not on the Kids menu?????????

CathrynRose said:
kids.jpg

Ok, when the picture doesn't even look appetizing....
Sorry, but the green beans and carrots and chicken look quite institutionalized to me! I'm bummed.... :sad2:

Again - I have an 11 & 15 y/o...Disney "adults" however if I were you guys, I'd start writing letters. This is a seriously crappy decision.

Honestly, neither of my kids would have eaten any of those plated choices!!! And they'd be left with Ala Carte Mac & Cheese or Burgers for 2 weeks? Nice...

What happened to the restaurant catering to the consumer? How about choices that reflect the type of restaurant it is ( Tony's Italian? Spaghetti and Meatballs - Coral Reef? Something fishy....)

I dunno... I'd be ticked.

After a lot of thinking about it (and even some number crunching) - I don't think we'll do the Dining Plan our next trip. There isn't much variety at all for a trip of more than a couple of days and our son will be 9 next trip so his palete will be a little more sophisicated by then too. Oh well, we had 2 great trips on the DDP it's just on to a new chapter.

For what it's worth - I emailed WDW yesterday and asked if all TS restaurants were going to the standard kids menu. My question was:

I am now reading on boards and disney-related websites that all children's menus at table service restaurants are being standardized. Is this true?

and here's the response:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

At this time, no plans relating to your inquiry have been announced.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Melissa Acevedo

WDW Online Communications
I left out some yada yada yada about making ADRs.

I just sent an email inquiring as well to Guest Communications. Disney Dining has no information and says that if they have not been notified then it's just a test of something new.

It's amazing that people are bringing home new menus and posting them, relating what CMs are saying and yet management claims no knowledge of this change.

I'll also post what I get as a response. How can they continue to claim ignorance of a completely revamped, new menu when people are bringing them home and posting them on the internet?

Janet - I know it seems crazy but there are many times when the CM on the phone has no idea what I'm talking about. Many of them are just phone reps who aren't on site and, perhaps due to lack of training, don't have all the info they should. It really is a shame that there is often that disconnect from what is going on at WDW property and what is being related by the CMs on the phone. I remember arguing with one CM when making ADRs that even though I was eating at a Signature Restaurant I did not need to use 2 credits to eat there (she didn't understand that with plat and prem plans there is no such thing as a 2 credit meal - you get 3 meals per night regardless of where you eat). A CM at WL checkin told me the same thing - thank goodness "I" knew better from having used the plan before and reading the disney brochure or I would have ended up with extra meals at the end.

I have found that calling the actual restaurant (thank goodness for free long distance) can get you answers that are more accurate - was able to get a table for 2 at LeCellier when dining said none were available, the girl at the desk couldn't understand why they weren't booking them since they had plenty of seating available. I don't have kids so I have no need to find out which restaurants are using the new menus but someone who does might want to give places like LeCellier, CG, etc a call and find out from someone actually working there.

As for guest relations emails, often the first response I'll get back is some generic response but if I have left my phone number in the email I get a phone call with more specific info. I was told that b/c of the large number of emails they get sometimes a generic response will be sent until they can forward the email to someone who can look into the issue further.

janets said:
I just sent an email inquiring as well to Guest Communications. Disney Dining has no information and says that if they have not been notified then it's just a test of something new.

It's amazing that people are bringing home new menus and posting them, relating what CMs are saying and yet management claims no knowledge of this change.

I'll also post what I get as a response. How can they continue to claim ignorance of a completely revamped, new menu when people are bringing them home and posting them on the internet?
Thanks Janet! :)
Dawn

Sleeping Becca said:
I'm one of those people who "make" their kid try new foods. I sometimes insist that my daughter take at least 2 bites of everything on her plate and do not offer alternatives. I only do this for things I know she will probably like (or foods she normally eats but for some reason refuses to eat at the moment); as a result she eats a variety of foods. I feel that if you ask your child what they want to eat (at home), you are only asking for trouble because chances are it is nothing that you have prepared. I don't feel that I'm torturing my child by making her try new things. I know a kid who will only eat peanut butter on bread, ramen noodles, and Easy Mac, no one is doing this kid any favors by letting him get away with this (IMO). I also know a college age child who's mom cooks a meal every night and the college age child refuses to eat it. The dad then go to McDonalds to pick up the college age child the food she wants. These kind of issues are not about food but control.

I was a little concerned first, reading about the changes. I was under the impression that the TS kids meals would be similar to the kids CS meals (the plastic covered, cold, three part TV dinner looking thing). After seeing the menu I'm relieved. She would eat most of the choices, and I can supplement with food off of our plates if I need to.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Our two oldest are good eaters and are on the adult DP anyway. Our youngest is three but she is also a good eater and I'm not too upset with the changes, as we can supplement her meal with our own food or share a better dessert with her, etc. However, I do think the powers that be at Disney had their heads up...well...you know when they came up with this change. As my youngest gets older, I can definitely see her becoming bored with the kids choices day after day. Having a set menu of two or three different choices is fine, but along with that give the kids a couple of good choices that fit the restaurant theming. I think, while on vacation, that a child SHOULD be able to have mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc. if they want it. Add a couple of healthy choices and something related to the theming and you've got a good, diverse menu. And for gooness sakes, let the kids PICK a decent appy and dessert.

Okay, I guess the big questions are
1. Exactly what restaurants will have this set menu?
2. Will the ala carte choices change from restaurant to restaurant?

I am thinking if this only affects 5-6 restaurants, we will let dd order off the adult menu, or an app. etc.. pay for it and save her TS credit.
We have 3 signature restaurants planned and if the changes don't affect those restaurants, which I can't imagine they would charge 2 credits for that set menu, I will use her credits for those and pay OOP for whatever she wants for the ones with set menus.

I really want to know what restaurants have been affected so far.... anybody able to piece together a list?

:offtopic:

Guys I am wondering if anyone has an answer to the OP's question, namely, which restaurants can you confirm do and do not have the new kids' menu.

Thanks! :goodvibes

LTT - Yes
Le Cellier - No
Japan - No
Yachtman's - No

The rest we ate at were buffets I think, 1900, Chef, Hollywood and Vine, they seemed to have a veggie, but no fruit on the kids, usually corn or broccoli.

This was last week.

jessica52877 said:
LTT - Yes
Le Cellier - No
Japan - No
Yachtman's - No

The rest we ate at were buffets I think, 1900, Chef, Hollywood and Vine, they seemed to have a veggie, but no fruit on the kids, usually corn or broccoli.

This was last week.

Prime Time had that menu in the 6th of October. The CM said that was their new menu. Kona had a new menu too but it was not that one.

jessica52877 said:
LTT - Yes
Le Cellier - No
Japan - No
Yachtman's - No

This was last week.

I am sorry, could someone tell me what "LTT" stands for? :confused3

JandD Mom said:
I am sorry, could someone tell me what "LTT" stands for? :confused3

Liberty Tree Tavern :)

Does anyine know if Alfredo's was changed? I just do not know if I should cancel the DDP.

I was just wondering if the our they might be offering this menu for Fantasmic? We are eating at Mama Melrose - so far I like the menu - I like some of the healthier choices. I'm lucky to have kids that like healthy food! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter