Confirmed "new kids menu" sightings

JoiseyMom said:
Hmmm..how are supplies going to run out. THe kids menu had shrimp cocktail appet, and petite filet mignon. If they are on the adult menu, then they can't run out of them on the kids menu, can they??

No they can't run out and you can order them but pay the adult prices. This all stinks.

jodifla said:
This is an out and out lie. There have been PLENTY of complaints about the new kids' menu. Lots of us have gotten phone calls back after complaining.

It's so disappointing to have Disney using CM's to spread lies like this.

I don't think Disney is using CM's to spread lies, but Disney is not going to take as seriously a complaint based prior to experiencing something as they would after the fact.

Also everyone must remember that the DIS and is a very small part of what Disney is and their feedback. The DIS members could be completely against something and unless negative feedback is coming from non users it is not going to be enough.

The CM was inaccurate in saying they have recieved no complaints but probably not inaccurate and say that the majority of complaints have been negative.

Tissa said:
We just got back from a 7 day stay and after our first lunch at Sci Fi where my ds didn't touch a thing on his plate we decided to cancel the rest of our ADR's and ate offsite the rest of the time. Thank goodness I decided at the last minute to cancel the dining plan because it would have been a waste.

We are going back in June 07 and will be planning all of our meals offsite again. I'm all for healthy choices for the kids but couldn't they just leave the nuggets alone and add the healthy choices? Oh well we are adapting and saving a lot of $$ by not eating at WDW.

This is exactly what Disney needs to hear. I hope you'll write them to tell them that you're eating off site becaue of these meals.

I don't even have kids, but this is really bugging me! (Probably because I feel like adults will be next for the "healthy" food! :sad2: )

melissac said:
We planned a night at Teppanyaki because we thought the kids wold love watching the food being prepared at our table and the antics of the chiefs. Now with the new kids menus does this mean that they don't cook the kids food at the table. If so we will cancel. Does anyone know or has eaten at Teppanyaki since the new kids menu has come out. Thanks :confused3

When we went first week of Oct (the first week the new menu came out) Teppanyaki still had the old menu and most likely will still have their usual kids menu because it's not owned and run by Disney. We ate at Teppanyaki and they still served the same menu for both adults and kids.

We were @ DW last week, and unfortunately that rotten menu followed us just about everywhere. We first encountered it @ Spoodles. I was very upset, and the chef came out to talk to me. He was not too fond of it either. They allowed me to do some substitutions, since I specifically asked about the menu a week prior to leaving.

They also had the new menu @ Kona, we switched this ressie to Boma when we found out. We did not see the menu @ WCC, Ohana (of course), or Alfredo's. I will definately be contacting Disney dining regarding this very unwelcome change.

Now I'm getting even more upset. From what I was reading origionally I thought each restaurant with this nasty new menu would have 2 ala carte items to choose from that would give my dd a little variety but now I hear hamberger and mac & cheese as the ala carte at several restaurants- that means the kids have a total of 5 different meals all wk?

I think the new menu looks pretty good. My DD will eat any of the items except for the hamburger. Has the food that children have tasted been bad? I'm excited for her to try it on our next trip.

I also would really like to know if my DD-7 will be able to ge t spaghetti and meatballs at Tony's and Mama's and Alfredo's. I just can't understand that you would eat at an Italian place and not offer one italian meal.

joliesmom said:
Has the food that children have tasted been bad?

The pizza is just pizza. Nothing special about it. The chicken strips was bland according to my son. I tried a bite and have to agree with him.

The hamburger is standard CS hamburger. The thin frozen pattie kind, again... typical.

The apples are a bit on the tart side. Can't help that since it is granny smith, and you can't control the sweetness level of an apple. Probably why they dump brown sugar on it. The fruit cup is just grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, which again depends on the ripeness of the fruit.

I can't comment on the other items as my kids refuse to eat anything else on the menu.

All in all, I would give it a C for taste.

I would agree that the kids items were not tasty. I dislike vacations for this reason, it seems kids meals options are not so great, this new menu has helped a bit, but I feel like my son ate hardly a thing all week and he eats great at home! He refused the chicken nuggets and hot dogs at a couple of places. I actually just stopped ordering meals for him even though we were on the dining plan. He just ate a little of my plate and I brought cheerios and pears into every meal with me.

Jumping on the bandwagon here! I certainly don't mind a few healthy options for kids to choose from - but yikes! The ones they're offering do not sound (nor look) appealing. My girls don't eat chicken - I swear it's because I had an aversion to poultry for both pregnancies - so I guess that we'll just be rotating through the couple of ala carte options. Or, I'll share my meal with them. But I hate that I'll be thinking about what they will/won't eat when I'm ordering MY food. Hopefully the restaurant who are currently not using the new menu keep it that way or else I'll be changing some of my ressies - AGAIN. Keep this thread going - I'd like to see how it all shakes out as our trip In January gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter