come trade with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea.... but i know this thread will eventually have to restart and be shut down due to it getting too long...

Once we start, I think the OP should keep track of sent and received between people... so that way new people joining the thread, and those of us who trade frequently will know whether or not the person is good for their word. For instance... it could be formatted like this (and this is my real life scenario right now

where red= that person has received their trade (so each person would just contact the OP saying that two people are trading- no need to tell what they are trading)

Krismom - Maggimus
Maggimus - Fairykin
Maggimus - Nataliebellesmom
Mommytotwo - Maggimus

The people who dont have red haven't received their trade. Or it could be vice versa and the persons name who is colored has had their trade received... so the peoples names who are not highlighted either A. didnt follow through with their end.. or B. its gotten lost somewhere in the postal system.. or c. well- whatever excuse.

That would be like this, red= followed through with trade, and their end was received by recipient
Krismom - Maggimus
Maggimus - Fairykin
Mommytotwo - Maggimus

Now i know things happen and the USPS isnt the most reliable (as you all can see ive received most all my trades but they are waiting on mine-- and ill admit, im worried)

But it will help those who are wondering whether the person will actually follow through. And those with no history at all, trading with someone who does have a positive history can use that to say " you send me your end of the trade FIRST, and THEN, as you see, my name is good here, and just as always, ill send yours once i get the trade you are sending"... and then that first person will get their name established here-- and wont have to do that again.

Am i rambling?? LOL is this making any since?

I wouldnt mind keeping up with it. Im just trying to think of a justice type system where people can be held accountable for their good trades, along with the bad- without anyone pointing the finger... and so new traders can know who to trust (esp. if they havent been around for a while to know who are regulars)-- etc, etc...

Okay- tell me you hate the idea-:laughing:

I think it's a great idea Maggie! I especially like the Ebayish feedback type of thing- which gives people a chance to earn credibility.... I , as the OP, nominate you to enact your awesome system! :thumbsup2
When should we start the new thread? Should we call it the same thing or change it to draw inmore traders?:confused3 I'm all ears!:earsboy:

Nutsy has been keeping track of the bad trades and will gladly PM anyone who wants the list of bad trades. Do you not think that she is doing an adequate job? I've had no problems w/ Nutsy keeping track. I don't think the job should be taken away from her, unless SHE wants to give it up. But, that is JMHO. Besides, I've completed trades on here, but it's too big of a pain to keep posting to the thread. We did ours thru PMs after the initial contact. So by your suggested system, I would need to report all of my trades to you? Too much extra trouble. I say if you have a problem w/ a trade just post directly to the thread that you are still waiting on your trade. too many extra steps to constantly be updating posts like that on perfectly good trades. Again though, JMHO.

Okay, I'm sorry that I have offended you in some way. I never felt as though Nutsy wasn't doing an "adequate job". I don't think she had that feeling either. If so, I appologize to her profusely. It wasn't what I intended.

I think it's a great idea Maggie! I especially like the Ebayish feedback type of thing- which gives people a chance to earn credibility.... I , as the OP, nominate you to enact your awesome system! :thumbsup2
When should we start the new thread? Should we call it the same thing or change it to draw inmore traders?:confused3 I'm all ears!:earsboy:

Thanks Kris. I just thought it might be easier to see how many successful trades each person has had and how many times they have followed through. It also gives each person the chance to explain if something happens (like gets messed up in the USPS). It will be more obvious for those who have had 20 packages go through, and somewhere in the middle one is taking a while- then we know its probably just lost, and not a scam.
Thanks for listening to my idea.

I like it too, I think we should keep the name tho, easy to find:goodvibes

Thanks!

I think we should keep our name as well. As for the ebay style system. I am not to sure about it. It seems like alot of effort. The honor system we currently have seems to work for about 90 to 95% and thats as good as the ebay system to me. Just my thoughts but maggie if you want to do the other way thats fine too. We need have the new thread started around page 249 I think they lock it on 250

:goodvibes :hug:

Nutsy has been keeping track of the bad trades and will gladly PM anyone who wants the list of bad trades. Do you not think that she is doing an adequate job? I've had no problems w/ Nutsy keeping track. I don't think the job should be taken away from her, unless SHE wants to give it up. But, that is JMHO. Besides, I've completed trades on here, but it's too big of a pain to keep posting to the thread. We did ours thru PMs after the initial contact. So by your suggested system, I would need to report all of my trades to you? Too much extra trouble. I say if you have a problem w/ a trade just post directly to the thread that you are still waiting on your trade. too many extra steps to constantly be updating posts like that on perfectly good trades. Again though, JMHO.

I just wanted to say that Nutsy is doing a great job. The only difference here is that the people's names who havent followed through will be shown publicly- with the chance to explain. With the PM of the people who havent followed through, it has been asked by many not to "shame" these people publicly- which i can agree with. However with the system i am suggesting, it wont be shaming them... it will just be stating what has happened. Not calling them out. It is what it is.

no one would need to know what your trade was. I know you mentioned it would take extra time and trouble. However everyone has enough time to post here their wants and trades. It wont take much longer than that to simply post that you two officially have a trade. I don't care what it is, or how its getting there, or when you are sending it. Its just a record for everyone.

This thread has been around for a long time. I hope it continues, and I know Kris (the OP) feels the same. My idea isnt to step on anyones toes.... its to ensure that everyone feels safe about the transaction they are making. Especially when it involves quite a few pricey things that can really add up in the long run.

:grouphug:

I think we should keep our name as well. As for the ebay style system. I am not to sure about it. It seems like alot of effort. The honor system we currently have seems to work for about 90 to 95% and thats as good as the ebay system to me. Just my thoughts but maggie if you want to do the other way thats fine too. We need have the new thread started around page 249 I think they lock it on 250

I dont care either way, its whatever everyone else wants. You all can decide. :goodvibes

WOW i just discovered this thread!!!! I cannot wait to go through the kids stuff! I do know off the top of my head, I have..

1. Disney Store Snow White costume size 2/3
2. About 8 gorgeous wall masks. Theatre masks with great hand painted detail some have beautiful feathers that surround them.

Ill try to post more this week, when I go through everything.

Items I am looking for...
Anything Ben10
Any toys, dolls for a 3 year old princess lover

Anything for our upcoming Disney Cruise in December.

Thank you all!!!

I have a 2008 AAA parking pass for trade if anyone needs one. Thanks!!

Looking for a 2009 parking pass or any gift certificates or 2T/3T toddler Disney clothes. Thanks!!

Just cleaning around the house. Here are more things id like to get rid of.

Gucci knock-off purse- perfect condition that I can tell
DSC03591.jpg

Beaded purse- nothing wrong with it that i know of
DSC03592.jpg

Pink Blue-jean material Purse- Nothing wrong
DSC03593.jpg

NEW WITH TAGS (says $20)- Mickey Ears Sun hat- Can you see the ears? Would make a good gift
DSC03596.jpg

NWT- Anne Klein 3 quarter length sleeve sweater size M (more like large)
DSC03597.jpg

Mickey & Minnie T-shirt size Small
DSC03598.jpg

DSC03599.jpg

T-shirt Size Medium
DSC03600.jpg

Two NWT's Sweater Tanks, Size Medium (wears a little bigger like large) Red & White
DSC03601.jpg

ISO DISNEY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS...

FOR TRADE:

yourmy.jpeg

7m_079.jpg

41TboegCjLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

ex7_mickey.jpg

ex8_piglet.jpg

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

710036_s.jpg

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

DSC03515.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

I have more snowglobes with more characters (Pooh, Minnie, etc.) Let me know if you are interested....

ISO: Disney Christmas Ornaments (lots of them), Disney DVDs (The classics), Gift Cards, etc...

These hats are still for trade...

handmade preemie, newborn, and adult hats. Would love to see them all go to the same person but I understand if someone doesn't need them all, or someone only wants a few.

Would be great if you make baby baskets for mommy's to be, etc...

DSC03191.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

DSC03193.jpg

Above is still for trade

Okay, I'm sorry that I have offended you in some way. I never felt as though Nutsy wasn't doing an "adequate job". I don't think she had that feeling either. If so, I appologize to her profusely. It wasn't what I intended.
Maggie,
You did not offend me. I just felt it wasn't fair to take the job away from someone else unless they said they wanted to give it up. My opinion (and everyone is allowed to have one of their own and I don't expect everyone to agree with mine) is that the thread has pretty much worked well the way it was set up. So why fix something that isn't really broken? :confused3

Thanks Kris. I just thought it might be easier to see how many successful trades each person has had and how many times they have followed through. It also gives each person the chance to explain if something happens (like gets messed up in the USPS). It will be more obvious for those who have had 20 packages go through, and somewhere in the middle one is taking a while- then we know its probably just lost, and not a scam.
Thanks for listening to my idea. Thanks!
I somewhat see what you are saying. BUT, are you only going to trade w/ someone who only has 20+ trades? I mean, if nobody will trade w/ a particular person based on their lack of trades, how are they supposed to increase their number if no one will trade w/ them? I think that the thing everyone on the trade thread has to keep in mind is that there is a certain element of trust and if you're not willing to 'trust' maybe the trade thread isn't the right forum for 'clearing out excess belongings'. Maybe a local Craigslist or ebay would be better. I see your list of items you want to trade. You have some very lovely things and I can see that many of them are not inexpensive items. I especially likes your precious moments. :laughing:

:thumbsup2
I just wanted to say that Nutsy is doing a great job. The only difference here is that the people's names who havent followed through will be shown publicly- with the chance to explain. With the PM of the people who havent followed through, it has been asked by many not to "shame" these people publicly- which i can agree with. However with the system i am suggesting, it wont be shaming them... it will just be stating what has happened. Not calling them out. It is what it is.
but at what point do you put them on the thread as a bad trader. :confused3 I really think the PM system is working the best way. You're very likely going to be influencing peoples opinions of other traders before they even make contact with them.

no one would need to know what your trade was. I know you mentioned it would take extra time and trouble. However everyone has enough time to post here their wants and trades. It wont take much longer than that to simply post that you two officially have a trade. I don't care what it is, or how its getting there, or when you are sending it. Its just a record for everyone.
I realize that you're not interested in the actual items being traded. But it's still another step I don't feel is important to me. So I guess I'll probably not participate or see if others what to start a new thread using the current system.

This thread has been around for a long time. I hope it continues, and I know Kris (the OP) feels the same. My idea isnt to ]step on anyones toes.... its to ensure that everyone feels safe about the transaction they are making. Especially when it involves quite a few pricey things that can really add up in the long run.

:grouphug:
But I'm not going to feel any 'safer' with a public list of bad traders at the beginning of the thread. To each his own though....

Just an idea.... but i know this thread will eventually have to restart and be shut down due to it getting too long...

Once we start, I think the OP should keep track of sent and received between people... so that way new people joining the thread, and those of us who trade frequently will know whether or not the person is good for their word. For instance... it could be formatted like this (and this is my real life scenario right now

where red= that person has received their trade (so each person would just contact the OP saying that two people are trading- no need to tell what they are trading)

Krismom - Maggimus
Maggimus - Fairykin
Mommytotwo - Maggimus

The people who dont have red haven't received their trade. Or it could be vice versa and the persons name who is colored has had their trade received... so the peoples names who are not highlighted either A. didnt follow through with their end.. or B. its gotten lost somewhere in the postal system.. or c. well- whatever excuse.

What will happen when one person doesn't report whether or not they have received their trade? Wouldn't that leave the other person looking like a bad trader on the list when they probably are not? :confused3 I know I've had to PM most people I've traded with to see if they've received their package from me, and all of them had but just hadn't posted or sent me a PM to let me know. I still think the "post when you've sent and received" method like is used for the regular exchanges on the exchange board can be an effective method if everyone remembers to post. I don't think a third party is needed.

I have these Disney kids clothes for trade if anyone is interested:

NWOT Mickey and Minnie bodysuits, both 18 mos, from The Disney Store:
Clothes335.jpg

Blue Minnie sundress NWT and Pink Pooh sundress NWOT, both 18 mos
Clothes297.jpg

Pooh shirts with matching cotton skorts, all NWOT except blue shirt worn once, all 18 mos:
Clothes298.jpg

Pooh shirt, EUC, 18 mos
Clothes315.jpg

Minnie holiday dress and headbands, 6-9 mos, worn once
Clothes274.jpg

Mickey holiday top and cords, 3-6 mos, worn once. Also have mickey black shoes in 6-12 to go with this
Clothes275.jpg

I don't come over here very often anymore, but let me just say from what I've just been reading. I am not offended by anyones suggestions for a different system to the non-traders list.

I don't quite know how it would work, but if someone is willing to set it up and keep a track of it all (a lot of work it would seem) then go for it.

I will continue to keep a list of those whose trades have not been received though as for me personally I find this easier to handle:goodvibes

As for who to trade with etc... according to how many trades they've had... I think that's a bit hard, as I've only had a few (not too many people are willing to send International...regardless of the fact that everything I send is International...... how I'd love to be able to send to someone in Australia:sad1: ). So, I don't know that that idea would work overly well.

Also, I will not now or ever post a list of names of non-traders.. should anyone else do that who has the list.. then so be it.. but I for one am not for that idea at all.

Pm's work fine, so long as they are responded to and not overlooked or ignored.. It really comes down to honesty and I really can't see that there is any other way to go about it.. there are no guarantees, no safeguards.... some of have been burnt and some haven't. 99.9% of people are genuine. So, let's keep it that way shall we.

Now I need to thank mjrich73 for my package which I received today. Her name was added to the non-traders list, but can now be removed as she has sent an extra (peace offering or whatever you wish to call it) package to make up in some way for what wasn't received last year.

Just cleaning around the house. Here are more things id like to get rid of.

Gucci knock-off purse- perfect condition that I can tell
DSC03591.jpg

Beaded purse- nothing wrong with it that i know of
DSC03592.jpg

Pink Blue-jean material Purse- Nothing wrong
DSC03593.jpg

NEW WITH TAGS (says $20)- Mickey Ears Sun hat- Can you see the ears? Would make a good gift
DSC03596.jpg

NWT- Anne Klein 3 quarter length sleeve sweater size M (more like large)
DSC03597.jpg

Mickey & Minnie T-shirt size Small
DSC03598.jpg

DSC03599.jpg

T-shirt Size Medium
DSC03600.jpg

Two NWT's Sweater Tanks, Size Medium (wears a little bigger like large) Red & White
DSC03601.jpg

Love those Tank Tops:goodvibes But I doubt I'd have anything to offer you in exchange even if a trade was possible.:sad1:

Now I need to thank mjrich73 for my package which I received today. Her name was added to the non-traders list, but can now be removed as she has sent an extra (peace offering or whatever you wish to call it) package to make up in some way for what wasn't received last year.

Thank you for acknowledging that I sent you a package...however it was not sent as a peace offering. I sent it because I ALWAYS complete my trades. I would have sent something a long time ago had I known your package never arrived. I hope you enjoy your lanyard and pin, and I wish you good luck with trading. :thumbsup2

MommytoTwo- I received my ornaments today, thank you! I love them. Please let me know when you receive the cardstock and such!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter