Come celebrate FREE dining with me!!!

Last year we had the DDP but had to pay for it--we got there 1 week before free dining started, but due to school schedules we couldn't postpone. :sad1: Still, we thought DDP was a great deal even though we had to pay for it.

But this year, it's free dining for us! Went to AAA yesterday and booked it. August 26-September 1, Scopa Towers (a/k/a Pop Century). We're fired up!:cheer2:

Hi Praying Colonel, loved your TR from last year. It really got me excited for our trip shorly after yours. If I remember correctly in your report you said you would not be back for a few years, is that right? If so I assume free DDP changed that!! We got in on it last year and it was AWESOME!!!!:banana: I am sure you will have a great time, and I will look forward to another wonderful report when you return.

Does anyone know if the Family Suites are included in this year's free dining? I know last year they were excluded. TIA

My kids (will be in 2nd and 6th grades when we go this September) are out of school every year for three days during the last week of September. The teachers go to a teacher convention every year, and school is out (kind of serves as a fall break). So, my kids only miss 2 days of school, and we get 8 nights at WDW!!!! Works out GREAT for us. I've never had a teacher who had a problem with the kids being out for 2 days. They always send the work that the kids need to make up, and we do most of it on the way up and on the way back (we drive). It is the PERFECT time of year. The past three years we have gotten free dining. We also get to do MNSSHP which is fab! Sure hope they keep having this convention every year during September!

Hey carolinagirl, We're also from NC and we are also going the last week of September due to a teacher convention.

After 1 hour and 11 minutes on hold on 4/9, I got my ressies for ASMu 9/1 to 9/8. The CM asked me if I wanted to make ADR's and I got all of that done too. I got everything I wanted on the days I wanted them with only a slight change in some of the times.
We did free dining last year and loved the savings. This year our 27 year old daughter will be joining us.
Thank you, Disney!

First, Congratulations to all who got the free dining!!! I am not a Disney Visa card holder so I will have to try tomorrow bright and early. I do have a few questions. We are already booked at the GF August 28th-Sept3rd. It is our wedding/honeymoon trip. When I booked, I booked under the Magic Your Way package with the dining plan. How will it work when I call? Will we have to change any of our ressie or our ADR's? I have already made them and I just don't want a big confusion since this trip is so important. Truth be known, if I have to change much, I may sacrifice the money. ( I cannot believe I just said that!!) Thanks for all the help....this is the best place I know to get advice....the DIS rocks!!!!!

Catwub

Catwub...it never hurts to ask (or even push a little!). I hope you are able to change them. After planning a wedding, I hope you get a nice treat by getting the DDP for free! Let us know your results!

Here is my line up:
Sept 22 San Angle (EPCOT)
Sept 23 Captain Jack’s (Downtown Disney)
Sept 24 Coral Reef (EPCOT)
Sept 25 Le Cellier (EPCOT)
Sept 26 Ohana (Polynesian)
Sept 27 Rose & Crown (EPCOT)
Sept 28 Nine Dragons (EPCOT)
Sept 29 Boatwrights Dining Hall (POR)
Sept 30 Remaining CS
Sept 22 thru 30 All Star Music (Hop to switch to POP)
Love those EPCOT Restaurants (can’t you tell):banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dad :cool1: Mom :hippie: Bobby:wizard: Kimpopcorn::
1995 Port Orleans
1996 Dixie Landings
1997 Caribbean Beach
1998 Dixie Landings
1999 Dixie Landings
2000 Dixie Landings
2001 Dixie Landings
2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2003 Dixie Landings
2006 All Stars Music
2007 Music this Sept

What is the free dining everyone is talking bout.:confused3

Free dining is available to guests who stay at WDW resorts 8/26 - 9/22 and purchase a package (including tickets), paying rack rate for the room. There is a minimum stay of 3 nts. and a maximum of 14 nts. The plan entitles each guest to 1CS meal, 1TS meal and one snack a day for each night they're staying. Reservations must be made by 6/24 and are subject to availability. The offer opened to Disney Visa cardholders 4/9 and opens to the general public tomorrow (4/12).

Called today (Thursday) and changed our reservation from BCV to get the free dining!!

We're going to Saratog Springs Resort, 2br villa, from 9/22-29!! YEAHHHHH for free dining!!

Hope the kids like it...I was sad to change but really wanted the deal!

After an hour on hold we got just what we wanted, POP for the last week in Aug. Can't wait to enjoy our free dining. The DDP is a great deal anytime and this deal just makes me. :cool1:

I wanted pop but got music, it is actually nice to try new places :cool1:
we will be there aug 28 to sept 5 kids start school on the 6th. we only purchased 1 day passes (we have them already) when i figured out the price divided by 8 nights divided by 4 people it came out to be $35 per person per day to feed and sleep and a one day pass into a park ...not bad!:banana: !!!

now to book air and car :scared1:

cheryl

I just booked a preferred room at POP for 2 adults and a 7 day base ticket
(09/22-09/29) for $1193.14!!! :banana:

I made my ADR's two days ago and got everything I wanted. :cool1:

I have been in touch with Kathy at Dreams Unlimited and we had already booked a room at ASMO for me and my 3 kids. When she went to change it to free dining, ASMO and all the values were booked so she put us at POR and it ends up being the resort our friends are staying at.

Just wanted to praise Kathy for excellent service!

I'm tap dancin' something fierce! Yeah to FD!!! We couldn't get POP, but thats ok, we'll be hangin' at AlStSp for 10 delicious days.

It took a tag-team effort. My wife started the call, then had to leave for work, so I tagged in and finished it up. The gentleman (poor guy!) had some troubles changing our daughter's age - the computer wouldn't let him make a 1 into a 6.
Yet he was extremely polite, apologetic and very professional about it all.
I'd say an hour on the phone is worth every scrumptous bite at LeCelier!

Good Luck to all!

After over an hour of holding, (and singing along with Disney music:goodvibes ) we have Pop Century for 5 nights and 5 wonderful Disney Dining Meals :banana: :banana: :banana:
Dates are 9/2 thru 9/6 Now it's time to party:dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: :cool1: party:

Count me in too :banana: I finally got through and been on the phone for 1 hour 17 minutes and 44 seconds. A long wait, but I'm going to see Mickey!!

After over an hour of holding, (and singing along with Disney music:goodvibes ) we have Pop Century for 5 nights and 5 wonderful Disney Dining Meals :banana: :banana: :banana:
Dates are 9/2 thru 9/6 Now it's time to party:dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: :cool1: party:

You are sooooooo lucky. I wanted Pop for 9/14-9/23 and they were all sold out. So we're gonna stay at ASMu. I will be checking in to see if anything opened at Pop cause I really wanted to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter