CODES ARE OUT THRU 6/3! CALL NOW - they are out!!

I got CSR May 27 - June 3 for $119. pixiedust:

I was hoping for a little better discount but am very excited that CSR had availability. The last few times I've tried to book it (for different dates), they had no discounted rooms.

:mickeyjum :yay:

I just had the best experience:

I slept in, called at 10:15 EST. Wasn't on hold AT ALL, not even a second.

Got a really nice CM and saved almost $200 on our resort.

We got POP for 7 nights, $578, including tax.

cstraub said:
Almost everything is sold out for April 18-April 25! I tried AAA, AP, Rack and regular.

Ended up at POP out of desperation! Was able to get 2 rooms at $115 each per night the first 5 nights and then $74 per room the last two nights when codes start. At this point I was willing to stay in a cardboard box!!! Glad to have gotten anything at all. Now it's off the resort thread to see about POP> My kids have always begged us to stay there. It looks like they will be getting their wish! :thumbsup2

Go read the Pop sticky thread. I think that will get you excited-there are some links to really great photos. AND...if you get a DDE card you can use it for 20% off at the food court at Pop (not good on refill mugs...). My DD picked Pop after looking at pictures-she liked the more subtle decor there vs all stars. I'm SO excited to try it out!

Have a great trip! I'll probably take my DS in Oct so I'm sure I'll see you on another discount thread. :teeth:

CBoysMomLovesDisney said:
Just called -- WL may12-19. Original ressie for standard rm w/ aaa was 249.76 (with tax). No ap discount for standard rm only courtyard at $233.10 (with tax). So this has only saved me $109.00. Which doesn't even cover the additional cost of the ap. (myw upgrade to ap was about $200.00 more)

Cm said to try back & see if standard rm will be available at ap rate. Does this ever happen - should I call every day????? I am very disappointed. :confused3 I am a 1st timer.

Help - What to do?????

Yes, I would keep calling if I were you. Cancellations can happen all the time, particularly right around the cancellation period for your dates. The best times to call seem to be first thing in the a.m., and right before they close at night. You can also keep tabs online, once they get the site up and running with the new codes. Online, I've seen availability change by the minute!

Good luck!

Tinkaroo - Thanks for the info. I will keep trying. I have already called about 3-4 times today. All the cm were nice and willing to check the rates for me.

Kelsie from Dreams Unlimited got the AP rate for me at the POFQ, the rate is $119.00 before tax, $132.75 with tax, my AAA rate with tax was $146.07, a small savings of $53.00 for our 4 night stay, but that will pay for a meal or 2.
Plus this is my 3rd trip within my 1 year that the AP is good for, so its paid for itself.

CBoysMomLovesDisney said:
Tinkaroo - Thanks for the info. I will keep trying. I have already called about 3-4 times today. All the cm were nice and willing to check the rates for me.

Keep trying, you have some time and reservations change constantly. Further, once the furor dies down, people will change reservations and cancel existing reservations--there is hope.

On the other hand, you are getting a view upgrade for less than the AAA rate you previously had for a standard. Granted, you are only saving $109 (and your AP cost $200 more than MYW--although you wouldn't have gotten the lesser rate and view upgrade), but there are other ways to make the AP work for you, e.g., lunch discounts at full service restaurants, boat rentals, souvenir purchases at Downtown Disney, car rental, etc. Check your passholder sleeve for other ways to make your pass work for you. Just trying to give another perspective and hopefully brighten your outlook. pixiedust:

As to other resorts, I didn't keep track of the rates for standard view at the other MK resorts, perhaps you could give them a look and see what might be available to you. I highly recommend the Polynesian ;) -- our family's personal favorite!

Good luck whatever you decide! I do empathize with you, it's a drag when the AP doesn't work for you in the resort discount OR when the cut-off date for the recent release of rates is just before your trip. . . :worried:

Tess - thanks for making me feeling better. If forgot about the other benifits with the ap. And I was always willing to pay the aaa rate for our stay so I will still be saving and hopefully we will go back next year and use this annual pass again. :)

KEEP TRYING!!!! When I called at 11 am EST there were no AKL standard view rooms, so I booked poolview. I called back an hour later and I got standard! Saved us $200 more. I didn't want to mess with my existing ressie, so I gave my cell number instead of my home. I don't know if that made a difference or not. So if you haven't gotten the room you want, keep trying!

:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: GOT MY CODE! Called today, from work, and had to call twice due to my job. Boss came in as I was on hold, hung up, after he left, got back on, waited for 18 min got a great CM, I asked : "Are the Codes out yet?" She knew EXACTLY what I was talking about, and said "Yes they are!" :banana: I could hardly contain myself, and told her my ressie info, and saved $$$$!!! :cheer2: SO, instead of paying $438.00 for 3 nights, I am paying $398.00 saving $40.00! :Pinkbounc And I am staying at POFQ for the FIRST time! :thumbsup2 WHAT a GREAT DAY!!!! All before 7:45am too! :tongue:

I've been trying to talk DH into going camping in WDW in April for DS 4th b-day. I think it sounds fun, and we're tight on $, but DH isn't too sure about the camping thing. And I don't want to stay at a value again for awhile, if I can help it.
Then lo and behold I find THIS! So now we have our room at POR for 7 nights with ap, 4/23-5/1! (not my first choice for mod and less time at WDW than if camping, but I'm happy)
:cheer2:
Thanks guys!

P.s. all the very nice Cm could get me for mods. were CB or POR riverside.
No standard views at WL or AKL avail. I didn't ask about value.
I'm hoping for CSR, so I'm going to keep trying.

cstraub said:
Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted or almost! Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words about POP. I am looking forward to staying there!

I'll be waiting for codes for NOv/Dec next. Maybe I'll see some of you there!!??? :goodvibes

Those of you waiting for after June I will keep my finger crossed that codes come out soon!!! pixiedust: pixiedust:

LOL. :rotfl: Count me in! Were taking a 10 or maybe 11 day trip in the beginning of Dec. Yay! :cool1:

Well, I FINALLY got around to calling after 1:30 and managed to save around $350.00 for our up-coming April trip! :cool1: We are traveling 4/18 - 25 so the codes only apply to our last two nights, but that is still a savings! (Yacht Club concierge)

I was lucky to get a very friendly and helpful cm so that made it so easy.

Thanks so much for passing on the information!!

Jill

I called yesterday and was told that our ressie at CBR couldn't be changed to use the AP code, unless I booked two King rooms, which I don't need. So I declined.

I called back today and was told "EZN" was not available yet and that I should call back in a week.

This is my first time as an AP, am I missing something? :confused3

Help!?!? :badpc:

I just got the 74$ rate at Pop Century for May 9-23! At first they were showing no more available AP rooms at that rate but the CO quickly realised his mistake (attempting to book 14 nights under one reservation). Once he broke it up in two separate ressies, everything was a.ok :cool1:

I ended up saving almost 500$ on the rack rate for my two week stay!!

Now, I must attack ADR's :hyper:

MickeyMinnie&Tink said:
I called yesterday and was told that our ressie at CBR couldn't be changed to use the AP code, unless I booked two King rooms, which I don't need. So I declined.

I called back today and was told "EZN" was not available yet and that I should call back in a week.

This is my first time as an AP, am I missing something? :confused3

Help!?!? :badpc:

When are you going? There is a week in end of April that doesn't have a code.

If you are going in May-call again. The code EZN is available NOW. Not all the CMs are as knowledgable as some. But the code is only for some resorts and some room types. Yours very well might not be available. But I would still try again..maybe more than once.

Good Luck!

Grace&Carolinesmom said:
We got the same room and rate...when are you going in May? We will be there May 1- 6. :cool1:

May 6 - 13 Maybe we will get your room! Take good care of it for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter