Code watch February 2017

Thank you lorrie Ann.

So I have already booked the rooms and paid the deposit, so if they offer p-s-d I need to cancel my current booking and rebook?
There are 2 options: When Stay Play & Dine is released (assuming) you can call and ask the CM to modify your reservation. (Essentially in their system they are cancelling & starting over, but for you it ends up seeming like a modification.)
OR
If the hold time is too long on the phone, you can book Stay Play & Dine on the website and pay a new deposit and then cancel your original reservation and get a refund of the deposit, but the monies will be tied up in an overlap period on your credit card.

Where do I get notified of Visa discounts?

In theory, if you have a Chase Disney Visa, you get an email... in practice, this is not always reliable (I either don't get the emails at all or they show up 3 days late). DIS is probably your best bet :D

I have the Chase Disney Visa Debit, and have put down $200 for Feb 12-16.

Looks like last year discounts came out around 9/25.

Count me in. For the first time ever, I am waiting for discounts to come out before I book. Waiting is hard! ;) My prospective dates are 2/4-2/11, and I'm planning on trying POP for the first time. Fingers crossed for 20% off on a preferred room.

I still miss the good old a AAA discounts.

I'm anxiously waiting for Play, Stay, Dine to be released. I'm going to be at WDW Feb 19th-28th which includes Princess half-marathon weekend so I'm nervous about availability etc. Hoping for Pop Century.

Still watching and waiting......POFQ Jan 30 to Feb 5....got a nice deal at Southwest, so hoping to double my luck....I would take a room discount, free dining, whatever the Disney gods of accounting wish to bestow would be all right with me...:surfweb:

I'm anxiously waiting for Play, Stay, Dine to be released. I'm going to be at WDW Feb 19th-28th which includes Princess half-marathon weekend so I'm nervous about availability etc. Hoping for Pop Century.

Same here. I went ahead and made my reservation, and I'm crossing my fingers for a good discount!

Count me in. For the first time ever, I am waiting for discounts to come out before I book. Waiting is hard! ;) My prospective dates are 2/4-2/11, and I'm planning on trying POP for the first time. Fingers crossed for 20% off on a preferred room.

I still miss the good old a AAA discounts.
What's the benefit of waiting?

What's the benefit of waiting?

LorrieAnn5 has a good answer (I'm still dreaming that Disney will notice that for the first summer in six years I did NOT book a vacation and will send me a PIN, ha ha).

But really, I am waiting because I want to book online AND I want to do it only once and be done.

LorrieAnn5 has a good answer (I'm still dreaming that Disney will notice that for the first summer in six years I did NOT book a vacation and will send me a PIN, ha ha).

But really, I am waiting because I want to book online AND I want to do it only once and be done.

I've really done it both ways and haven't noticed a difference.

I'm "shy," for want of a better word, and I don't really enjoy dealing with people over the phone. I'd just rather do it once online, get what I want and be done. That's just me.
NOPE not just you ...i HATE the phone and was thrilled when online became an option for most things i do!

I'm "shy," for want of a better word, and I don't really enjoy dealing with people over the phone. I'd just rather do it once online, get what I want and be done. That's just me.

NOPE not just you ...i HATE the phone and was thrilled when online became an option for most things i do!

Definitely not just you! I hate the phone. I did notice that it looks like you can apply your own discount on MDE now. Has anyone done it before?

We're looking at going the last week of February / first week of March took! Were on the lookout for one too!

Can't decide between between the weeks of Feb 11 or Feb 25. Feb 25 was supposedly the better week on some week rankings, but I am much much more successful in getting good dinner reservations for the Feb 11 week. On this thread several others also picked the week of Feb 25. I am wondering if that will be a seriously crowded week. I know temp wise Feb 25 is prob better, but I can deal with lower temps for lower crowds. Anyone else do analysis on both of these weeks and can offer some advice.

Oh and NC STATE ... here is a shout out from a fellow Wolfpacker up in Wake Forest!

We initially planned on the heading down on the weekend of the 25th, but the marathon is that weekend... so we're waiting to head down until monday the 27th in hopes of fewer crowds!

We are booked 2/5 -2/11 at PO-FQ. This is our 4th trip to Disney. First time staying anywhere other than Riverside. I am willing to swap to another resort if it's a better deal overall. I have been hoping low attendance will push an early release for February packages. But really that's just the control freak in me who wants it all booked and scheduled talking. Don't they know how hard it is to have dining reservations and feel like you are only partway there? I wish you could book fastpass as early as dining. I would feel so much more secure in my ADR'S.

I'm planning on feb 5-12 at POP. I made a reservation and paid the $100 with my regular cc. Will I still be able to do the Disney visa discount that hopefully comes out soon? I have a Disney visa cc, but didnt think to use that one since our other card is our main rewards card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter