our timeline:

offer submitted 2/3
offer accepted 2/3
sent for ROFR 2/8
passed ROFR 2/23
closing docs received by me 3/8
closing docs received by title company 3/14
closed 3/15

edited to add - called DVC and asked about member # on 3/30 (15 days after closing). Got member # and activation code from them, I never received any email or regular mail with that info otherwise

Last edited:
Here's my timeline for an add-on at VGC:

Offer submitted: 1/27
Offer Accepted: 1/28
Contract received: 1/30
Sent to ROFR: 1/31
Passed ROFR: 2/15
Closing docs received 2/18 (returned 2/23)
Closed/Recorded: 3/1-3/2
Member # online: 3/15 (emailed resale company and they emailed DVC--it appeared last night)
Points Loaded: 3/16 (and reservation made :))

So just under 7 weeks from offer to new ressie--pretty awesome. Really happy with my first resale experience.

Does anybody know when I should expect my member card to arrive? I was able to call and get my number to book a trip over 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't received an actual card.

Last edited:
Does anybody know when I should expect my member card to arrive? I was able to call and get my number to book a trip over 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't received an actual card.

If this is a resale purchase, then you won't be getting a physical card. At least that's my understanding.

our timeline for small AKV contract through Fidelity:

offer submitted 2/24
offer accepted 2/24
sent for ROFR 2/28
passed ROFR 3/10
Received closing Docs 3/30

According to First American Title our information wasn't even sent to them until 3/29 from Fidelity. Not sure why it took them 19 days but thinking that may have been the estoppel time?!?

Last edited:
I'll post ours too and will update once closing documents received :).

offer submitted: 2/13
offer accepted: 2/14
sent to ROFR: 2/15
passed ROFR: 3/2
closing documents received: 3/27
closing documents being sent back: 3/28
Closed/Recorded: 4/4-4/5

Edit to add: SSR through DVC Resale Market.

Last edited:

Wish I could remember my dates from last year...I can give the approximate. My experience in 2016 seemed incredible long compared to many of yours here!!
Jan. 28, 2016-offer and submitted contract (BLT 160 ppt. March $113 per point)
Mid March (yes past contract time-apparently not a problem) ROFR passed
April 5 (yes...the day after the membership rules changed!!) All closed. Can't remember the estopple process, but not too long. ROFR was forever!!
Thank god I have a direct contract and it didn't matter, however others caught by this date probably got burned a little.

Feb. 17, 2017-offer accepted and submitted contract (BLT 160 ppt March $106 per point)
now waiting and hoping it goes as fast as the most recent posters!!!
Used Timeshare Store, First American and Monera both times. Professional and great all around.

Update on my newest purchase:

$106 -BLT 160 points March use year (118/17, 160/18, 160/19)

Offer approved /sent : 2/17
Passed ROFR: 3/2
Closing Docs received: 3/15
Sent back: 3/22 (with arrival 3/23)
will update as I go....

Update on my newest purchase:

$106 -BLT 160 points March use year (118/17, 160/18, 160/19)

Offer approved /sent : 2/17
Passed ROFR: 3/2
Closing Docs received: 3/15
Sent back: 3/22 (with arrival 3/23)
will update as I go....

Which title company did you use? Seems like a very fast turn around! I am slightly jealous :guilty:

Timeshare store, First American and Monera for the bits I didn't have liquid!

However my first resale purchase seemed to take forever for rofr!!!

I know this is a silly question but do they mail or email closing documents typically?--. I'm--Editing--- I emailed the Title Company. She said typically email but they would mail them also if I wanted. I'm fine with email :)

Last edited:
our timeline for small AKV contract through Fidelity:

offer submitted 2/24
offer accepted 2/24
sent for ROFR 2/28
passed ROFR 3/10

Hopeful to have closing docs any day and will update once i do! Anyone have recent time frames for First American?

Just heard from First American Title that they JUST received our documents from Fidelity yesterday! Kind of bumming that it took almost 3 full weeks for those to be sent over.

My deed was recorded yesterday ... how long should I wait before calling Disney for my member number? I want to book a trip for mid-July (actually have a rack rate room booked, but want to use my 2015/2016 points). What are the odds I can get a consecutive stay at a monorail resort when I finally get registered with Disney?

My deed was recorded yesterday ... how long should I wait before calling Disney for my member number? I want to book a trip for mid-July (actually have a rack rate room booked, but want to use my 2015/2016 points). What are the odds I can get a consecutive stay at a monorail resort when I finally get registered with Disney?
I second this this question, we closed yesterday and our deed is on the Comptroller website, how long does it usually take to get membership number? Do they ever email this out? We are from the UK and just posting something from the US over here can take a couple of weeks to arrive

We've been chatting about this on Come On Estoppel!!! thread. (Sorry, that was my mistake.) Anyway, the general consensus seems to be 10 to 14 days. Some have been able to get their member number at the one week mark.
What kind of room(s) are you looking for on the monorail loop?

We've been chatting about this on Come On Estoppel!!! thread. (Sorry, that was my mistake.) Anyway, the general consensus seems to be 10 to 14 days. Some have been able to get their member number at the one week mark.
What kind of room(s) are you looking for on the monorail loop?

Studio - any view. I've got 106 points to spare for 5 nights (Sun-Thurs).

As of right now,
the only monorail loop DVC studio available for 5 consecutive nights is the Polynesian.
The GF is completely picked over with only a few random nights left. BLT has two sets of 4 nights (Wed-Saturday) available.

I've been stalking the availability for May 2017 and the options drop daily. Polyneisian studios didn't fill up for May until about two weeks ago for whatever that's worth...

As of right now,
the only monorail loop DVC studio available for 5 consecutive nights is the Polynesian.
The GF is completely picked over with only a few random nights left. BLT has two sets of 4 nights (Wed-Saturday) available.

I've been stalking the availability for May 2017 and the options drop daily. Polyneisian studios didn't fill up for May until about two weeks ago for whatever that's worth...

I'm getting more and more nervous about booking our stay! Our closing docs were received today by the title company and wondering when I can call member services for my member info and then to try and book. We are looking to stay 3rd week in September Studio honestly anywhere! I'm just worried because of Food & Wine!

I'm getting more and more nervous about booking our stay! Our closing docs were received today by the title company and wondering when I can call member services for my member info and then to try and book. We are looking to stay 3rd week in September Studio honestly anywhere! I'm just worried because of Food & Wine!

If closing docs received today, next phase is waiting for your deed to be recorded. Then after that, word on the Disboards is that its 10 to 14 days from deed recording to getting your member number. Some folks have gotten their number as early as one week after deed recording.
My deed was posted on 3/22. I called Member Services on 3/29. Nothing. Will try again tomorrow.

I checked studios 3rd week of September (9/17-9/23) for you, wish I had better news:
Saratoga has full availability
OKW
Standard view available 9/17-9/20
Kidani
Savannah available 9/17-9/19
Standard only available 9/19
Jambo
Standard only available 9/18-9/19
Savannah only available 9/18-9/19
BLT
Available 9/18-9/19
BR
Available 9/17 only
Boardwalk
Pool view available 9/19 only
Poly
Lake view available 9/18 only
Nothing at GF or BC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter