Closing Time!!

I'll post ours too and will update once closing documents received :).

offer submitted: 2/13
offer accepted: 2/14
sent to ROFR: 2/15
passed ROFR: 3/2
closing documents received: 3/27
closing documents being sent back: 3/28
Closed/Recorded: 4/4-4/5
Member Number and Points received (from calling): 4/17

Edit to add: SSR through DVC Resale Market.

Edited to add Membership number.

Did you get your member number on your first try calling? We closed and recorded on 4/14 and im thinking i will wait the 10 days to call because i dont want to annoy them and get no where!

We recorded the same day. I am not in any hurry to book just impatient to get our member number. I am trying to hold off calling until the 28th or so. Definitely don't want to go to the bottom of someone's pile. :bored:

We recorded the same day. I am not in any hurry to book just impatient to get our member number. I am trying to hold off calling until the 28th or so. Definitely don't want to go to the bottom of someone's pile. :bored:
We are in a hurry to book! But i am with you on not wanting to go to the bottom of the pile HAHA

If you are up against a booking window it might be okay to press a little. Wait for a week or so (or as long as it does not put your booking in jeopardy). I think I would be more willing tempt fate if I had a reason to and hope the CM understands. We are not booking a points trip until next year.

Our deed was recorded 4/11. I'm in no hurry for my membership number because we can't book until June for our May stay. Should I get my paperwork from Disney by then.

Our deed was recorded 4/11. I'm in no hurry for my membership number because we can't book until June for our May stay. Should I get my paperwork from Disney by then.

I have seen some on here say they never received anything without calling. I would say if you have not seen anything by the first or second week of May you could call and check on it. That is my intent as well.

It was not the first time I called. I actually called 3 times. They were nice every time. I did tell them I was looking to book October so she said she went and pulled mine to to top because there was twenty something deeds to transfer from the day mine was recorded. She did say it was averaging two weeks now.

Haven't received email from broker or closing co. yet - but I found our recorded deed by searching the OC comptroller's site http://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/ pixiedust:

So other than using the OC comptroller's site, how are people finding out their transaction has closed? Emails from the broker/title company? (Who, I might add have been on top of everything).

Doing a search by my seller's name (because I'm just waiting to close...), I see that they bought 4 contracts direct at AKV and BLT, and mine is the last one to be resold. The 2 AKV contracts were sold last spring and the other BLT closed back in March. So they bought direct and help for 4-8 years. Hm.

So other than using the OC comptroller's site, how are people finding out their transaction has closed? Emails from the broker/title company? (Who, I might add have been on top of everything).

Doing a search by my seller's name (because I'm just waiting to close...), I see that they bought 4 contracts direct at AKV and BLT, and mine is the last one to be resold. The 2 AKV contracts were sold last spring and the other BLT closed back in March. So they bought direct and help for 4-8 years. Hm.

Our broker sent an email when we closed (4/13). Then I stalked the comptroller's site to see when the deed was recorded (4/14). Our seller was selling 6 contracts simultaneously and they are international (Canada). I am really surprised ours has been as quick as it has been. The only holdup so far has been waiting on the seller to receive docs for all 6 contracts so they could see the notary all at once.

Our broker sent an email when we closed (4/13). Then I stalked the comptroller's site to see when the deed was recorded (4/14). Our seller was selling 6 contracts simultaneously and they are international (Canada). I am really surprised ours has been as quick as it has been. The only holdup so far has been waiting on the seller to receive docs for all 6 contracts so they could see the notary all at once.
So I'm guessing that your broker or title company walked all the deeds in instead of mailing, to make sure there was no delay in closing? (I saw on the OC comptroller website that deeds sent by mail took an average of 7-10 days to be recorded.)

And so after recording - then the wait for the membership, points to be loaded, etc?

So I'm guessing that your broker or title company walked all the deeds in instead of mailing, to make sure there was no delay in closing? (I saw on the OC comptroller website that deeds sent by mail took an average of 7-10 days to be recorded.)

And so after recording - then the wait for the membership, points to be loaded, etc?

I assumed they did make regular trips to comptroller for recording closed contracts. It was quick so I doubt they mailed it.

Yep - should be the last of the 'waits' until we are waiting to take that next trip.

My broker said we should have received an email when we closed (4/10.) But when I spotted it on the OC site 4/11, I knew we'd closed even w/out the email.
I'm at day 7/8 of waiting for points to load.
Try searching under your name as the grantee too.

Our Timeline:
Offer made/accepted: 3/9
Sent to ROFR: 3/10
Passed ROFR: 3/20
Closing Docs Received: 4/12
My docs received by TC: 4/13
Transaction recorded with OC Compt: 4/19

WooHoo!!!! Our deed showed up on the OC Comptroller site today!!! Sounds like we will have to wait a couple of weeks for the points to be loaded to our account. I'm so excited!!!!

Here's our timeline, in case anyone is interested:
Offer made/accepted: 2/22
Sent to ROFR: 2/24
Passed ROFR: 3/10
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: 3/30
Closing Docs sent to Closing Company: 4/10
Recorded on OC Comptroller site: 4/19

Timeline so far for our 160 pt AKV contract, it was kind of a weird situation!

Offer Made: 3/22
Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notice of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19

I'll update with more info as the process goes on

Offer made 2/6
Sent to ROFR 2/8
Passed ROFR 2/20
Closing Docs Received3/2
Closing Docs returned 3/9
Deed Recorded 3/22
Points posted 4/5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter