Closing Time!!

If closing docs received today, next phase is waiting for your deed to be recorded. Then after that, word on the Disboards is that its 10 to 14 days from deed recording to getting your member number. Some folks have gotten their number as early as one week after deed recording.
My deed was posted on 3/22. I called Member Services on 3/29. Nothing. Will try again tomorrow.

I checked studios 3rd week of September (9/17-9/23) for you, wish I had better news:
Saratoga has full availability
OKW
Standard view available 9/17-9/20
Kidani
Savannah available 9/17-9/19
Standard only available 9/19
Jambo
Standard only available 9/18-9/19
Savannah only available 9/18-9/19
BLT
Available 9/18-9/19
BR
Available 9/17 only
Boardwalk
Pool view available 9/19 only
Poly
Lake view available 9/18 only
Nothing at GF or BC
Thank you so much for checking. I'm slightly heartbroken we were really hoping to stay at AK.

As of right now,
the only monorail loop DVC studio available for 5 consecutive nights is the Polynesian.
The GF is completely picked over with only a few random nights left. BLT has two sets of 4 nights (Wed-Saturday) available.

I've been stalking the availability for May 2017 and the options drop daily. Polyneisian studios didn't fill up for May until about two weeks ago for whatever that's worth...

Well that sucks - my home resort is BLT. I know it was a long shot, but I was hoping I'd actually be able to use my points to stay there in July.

My plan is to go every other year on 100pts (small contract), but it looks like my first DVC stay will be elsewhere. I hope by the time I am able to book there are AKV Savannah rooms available at least.

Update on the progress, or lack there of

Deed recorded on 3/22/17
I called on 3/29 hoping to get my new Disney membership number. No go.

So I called again today and spoke with CM Catherine. Well, I was mostly on hold for the 20 minutes our call lasted.
She initially told me that the broker would be the one who would give me my new Disney membership number, not Disney. Of course, that makes no sense. So I explained why I felt that couldn't be correct. So she put me on hold for 10 minutes. And then she came back and said, You already called on the 29th and were told that it takes 30 to 40 days before you would likely get your membership number in the mail.
Then she went on to say that "It is against the law" for her to provide the Disney membership number over the phone. CM Catherine went on to say that it is against a new real estate law in Florida that Disney cannot provide membership numbers by telephone and that it can only be provided in writing.

So....totally different than anything I have read on Disboards. Hopefully, the 30 to 40 days was just Disney's way of telling me not to bother them again for 4 to 6 weeks but that it doesn't actually take that long. Sigh.

So I called again today and spoke with CM Catherine. Well, I was mostly on hold for the 20 minutes our call lasted.
She initially told me that the broker would be the one who would give me my new Disney membership number, not Disney. Of course, that makes no sense. So I explained why I felt that couldn't be correct. So she put me on hold for 10 minutes. And then she came back and said, You already called on the 29th and were told that it takes 30 to 40 days before you would likely get your membership number in the mail.
Then she went on to say that "It is against the law" for her to provide the Disney membership number over the phone. CM Catherine went on to say that it is against a new real estate law in Florida that Disney cannot provide membership numbers by telephone and that it can only be provided in writing.

Very odd. First she tells you that the broker would give you your membership number. This does not sound right. Usually when somebody tells me something that is incorrect, I figure everything that they said is probably incorrect. This has been a pet peeve of mine from the time I bought my first contract. Why these member services representatives are so against doing there jobs is beyond me. Their job is to provide members with service. Once they give you a membership number (or possibly once the deed is recorded) you are a member and they are being paid by members to take care of members. If they don't want to take hundreds of calls per day, then they need to figure out a better way to handle it and telling people to wait 30-40 days is not it. Remember, it is their job to take care of members and they are doing whatever they can not to take care of new members. This is on them, not you.

Call your broker and ask them if they know of some new law that would prevent Disney from giving you your membership number. Your broker should be a licensed real estate agent and should know the laws.

BTW I never did get a letter with my member number. If I would not have called, I would have never gotten it. Now that being said, it did take 2 weeks after it was filed before I did get the number by calling.

Good luck and congratulations on your new DVC.

Very odd. First she tells you that the broker would give you your membership number. This does not sound right. Usually when somebody tells me something that is incorrect, I figure everything that they said is probably incorrect. This has been a pet peeve of mine from the time I bought my first contract. Why these member services representatives are so against doing there jobs is beyond me. Their job is to provide members with service. Once they give you a membership number (or possibly once the deed is recorded) you are a member and they are being paid by members to take care of members. If they don't want to take hundreds of calls per day, then they need to figure out a better way to handle it and telling people to wait 30-40 days is not it. Remember, it is their job to take care of members and they are doing whatever they can not to take care of new members. This is on them, not you.

Call your broker and ask them if they know of some new law that would prevent Disney from giving you your membership number. Your broker should be a licensed real estate agent and should know the laws.

BTW I never did get a letter with my member number. If I would not have called, I would have never gotten it. Now that being said, it did take 2 weeks after it was filed before I did get the number by calling.

Good luck and congratulations on your new DVC.

Thanks icc2515! The Disboarders have offered so much guidance; I would be lost without the Disboarders showing me the way. This is actually my 3rd DVC contract. I bought the first two direct (before I ever heard of Resale or Disboards). I have to say that Disney doesn't make the Resale process very easy! I can't imagine attempting this without the insight the Disboarders have shared.

Thanks icc2515! The Disboarders have offered so much guidance; I would be lost without the Disboarders showing me the way. This is actually my 3rd DVC contract. I bought the first two direct (before I ever heard of Resale or Disboards). I have to say that Disney doesn't make the Resale process very easy! I can't imagine attempting this without the insight the Disboarders have shared.

I did not know that this was your 3rd contract. This possibly makes things much much easier. If you use the same login for both of your other contracts then you are in good shape. If you had your new resale contract titled the same as your other 2 then the day they enter the information into their system it will show up when you login. That is the way that my 3 other contracts worked. They just showed up one day.

I did not know that this was your 3rd contract. This possibly makes things much much easier. If you use the same login for both of your other contracts then you are in good shape. If you had your new resale contract titled the same as your other 2 then the day they enter the information into their system it will show up when you login. That is the way that my 3 other contracts worked. They just showed up one day.

Cool! My other two are under same login. The 3rd should be titled the same (I don't have any official papers in my possession but barring spelling errors,it will be the same.) I wasn't sure if the 3rd contract would just find its way into my account. I kind of thought I would have to assimilate them some how myself.
Thanks again! You have been a big help.

The points showed up! Two weeks to the day that the deed was recorded, the points appeared. Yippee!

How many on here have not closed the day your purchasing company told you the latest possible date would be? We passed ROFR on 3/10. Didnt get closing docs until 3/30 (thanks to my husband who called and hounded them) returned them that day and as of 4/6 the sellers had not yet returned their closing docs. Today (4/10) was the latest date we were given for closing. I am getting frustrated with lack of communication and length of time this has taken.

How many on here have not closed the day your purchasing company told you the latest possible date would be? We passed ROFR on 3/10. Didnt get closing docs until 3/30 (thanks to my husband who called and hounded them) returned them that day and as of 4/6 the sellers had not yet returned their closing docs. Today (4/10) was the latest date we were given for closing. I am getting frustrated with lack of communication and length of time this has taken.

After passing ROFR, my estimated date to receive closing docs was 4/14. I received them 10 days early on 4/4. The title company, as of this morning, has now received all necessary funds and signed documents from both parties. My estimated closing date is on or before 4/28, so I'm in really good shape. I've been fortunate this whole process has gone pretty smooth for me... but I also have never let any part of the process stress me out in any way.

Heard from our title company. Closing Docs received back from the seller Monday 4/10, but there was an error and now they will need to resend and complete new ones. No longer holding my breath just hoping there is some hotel availability left in September when we finally close.

Haven't received email from broker or closing co. yet - but I found our recorded deed by searching the OC comptroller's site http://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/ pixiedust:
Timeline for my 160 VGF points:
Sent to ROFR 2/27
ROFR waived 3/10
Closing doc.s emailed 3/28
Buyer's doc.s and $ received by title co. 3/31
Seller's doc.s received by title co. 4/7
Deed recorded 4/11 (@ 11:20 am :) )
Now, the last long wait, for the points to load - hopefully everything is spelled/titled correctly and those points load seamlessly into our existing membership!

I was purchasing from international sellers in the UK, which may have affected the closing time.

Current Timeline:
Offer Submitted/Accepted: 2/3
Purchase Agreement Signed: 2/6
Submitted to ROFR: 2/6
Passed ROFR: 2/20
Received/Sent Closing Docs: 3/21
Closing Docs received by Title Company: 3/22
Closed: 4/7
Recorded: 4/10

So 67 days thus far. And now to wait for my membership number. :rolleyes2

Here's my timeline so far.

Offer submitted/accepted 3/4
Submitted for ROFR 3/5
Passed ROFR 3/15
Received and returned closing docs 4/6
Notified today (4/11) that transaction has closed.
Now just waiting on Disney according to email received today.

Getting very excited now and happy with the timeline thus far.

Heard from our title company. Closing Docs received back from the seller Monday 4/10, but there was an error and now they will need to resend and complete new ones. No longer holding my breath just hoping there is some hotel availability left in September when we finally close.
You can always try the waitlist...:)

our timeline for small AKV contract through Fidelity:

offer submitted 2/24
offer accepted 2/24
sent for ROFR 2/28
passed ROFR 3/10
Received closing Docs 3/30
Closed 4/14

According to First American Title our information wasn't even sent to them until 3/29 from Fidelity. Not sure why it took them 19 days but thinking that may have been the estoppel time?!?
Updated Timeline :)

Here's my timeline so far.

Offer submitted/accepted 3/4
Submitted for ROFR 3/5
Passed ROFR 3/15
Received and returned closing docs 4/6
Notified today (4/11) that transaction has closed.
Now just waiting on Disney according to email received today.

Getting very excited now and happy with the timeline thus far.
I think I'm about a week behind you!

Offer submitted/accepted 3/13
Sent to ROFR 3/14
Passed ROFR 3/23
Closing docs rec'd by email 4/12
Title co rec'd buyers signed docs 4/13
Title co rec'd sellers signed docs 4/14
Awaiting closing anticipated next week.
Woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter