(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say yes because like I said before others have mentioned the mugs with no rules written on them are the ones which are ok to use again. However what I forgot to mention is since those are resort logo mugs you can only use them at the resort where you purchased them at, although I am sure most people would realize that.

Yes, I agree. In fact, in 2000 and 2001 the mugs were actually in our room for sale as for this stay and any future stays at the CBR! They were 7.99 each and if you used them you were charged to the room bill. In 1995 when I was at ASMu, the sign stated that they were for any future returns to the resort as well!

I struggled with this.

The Disney's "Mom's Panel" answered this question with mugs purchased before 2001 or 2000.. and while that may not be right either.. we could go around and around on this.. and never have a 'correct' answer.

Hence why in my post I picked 99 or 2000 and figured close enough.

In any event, no mugs sold in 2002 or later are the 'forever lifetime' variety.

Knox

I have the current tapered mugs from my August 2009 visit and they fit in our car cupholders nicely. I guess I"ll just get a different handle color this time, since they didn't update the mug design yet :headache:. I really wish they'd go back to resort specific mugs or update the designs way more often. It would encourage me to try new resorts if I could get a different mug! Do you hear me, Disney marketing people?? :lmao:

We are getting the meal plan with the mug so my kids will each have a souvenir. I just wish they had the hotel name on it like the CSR ones we got in 2008.

We are getting the meal plan with the mug so my kids will each have a souvenir. I just wish they had the hotel name on it like the CSR ones we got in 2008.
Up until a specific time last year CSR was the only resort which was still selling their resort logo mugs, because their dining locations are not owned and operated by WDW. However for whatever reason they then switched the current generic mug designs being sold at the other resort counter service locations.

Sorry if I added to the confusion :rolleyes1

This is the mug we have and we were there in October 2009.

hallofpresidents014a.jpg

Yes. Thats what the ones look like that we received in Feb this year. So is the OP pic a prior design or a current design?

Only thing I don't like about these mugs is that they hold so little. I bypass them for larger travel mugs in the am because I need MORE coffee.

A REMINDER TO ALL POSTERS..

Per the first post of this thread.. ALL Off topic posts will be deleted.

One has been deleted and that referenced it has been deleted.

This is a zero tolerance thread. Period.

Further deletions will result in infractions for the offenders.

Knox

Alright, so, I did a little looking and came up with nothing.

We're planning on staying at either ASMo or ASMu next summer, and we were wondering if the pool-hopping-in-sister-resorts idea applies here too. Do the rules allow us to fill our mugs at the other two, also? We plan to explore all of the resorts, and I foresee wanting to stop for a drink at some point. But, I'm not a big rule-breaker, so I want to make sure it's technically allowed.

Alright, so, I did a little looking and came up with nothing.

We're planning on staying at either ASMo or ASMu next summer, and we were wondering if the pool-hopping-in-sister-resorts idea applies here too. Do the rules allow us to fill our mugs at the other two, also? We plan to explore all of the resorts, and I foresee wanting to stop for a drink at some point. But, I'm not a big rule-breaker, so I want to make sure it's technically allowed.
Yes it's ok to use the mugs at both resorts.

Hi, can I just check, what about the refillable mugs in the parks, do you have to buy one each day or can you use them for the duration of your holiday as well?? :confused3 Debs x

Hi, can I just check, what about the refillable mugs in the parks, do you have to buy one each day or can you use them for the duration of your holiday as well?? :confused3 Debs x

Animal Kingdom is the only park to offer this that I'm aware of and I have no idea what the rules are but if I recall correctly it's not 'free refills' but rather 99 cents to refill each time and I would suppose that's in play as long as you have the mug -- but you'd have to ask at the park to be sure.

I'm not aware of any other refilllable mug besides that AK one.. apart from WaterParks mugs which are covered in the first post of this thread. :)

Animal Kingdom is the only park to offer this that I'm aware of and I have no idea what the rules are but if I recall correctly it's not 'free refills' but rather 99 cents to refill each time and I would suppose that's in play as long as you have the mug -- but you'd have to ask at the park to be sure.

I'm not aware of any other refilllable mug besides that AK one.. apart from WaterParks mugs which are covered in the first post of this thread. :)

You also have to show the receipt that you purchased that AK refillable mug for every refill.

I can't believe I can type this but..

Questions about refillable mugs for theme parks (where they exist -- which is really only AK near as I know) .. are best posted on the ThemeParks Board (sorry TP Board mods..) vs. here on the resorts board and this thread is about refillable mugs for the resorts.

If we didn't answer it yet here.. it's best asked on the ThemeParks board for those mugs in parks.

Sorry about that, still learning :blush:

Oh not a big deal AT ALL.. just it's got a high probably of derailing this thread.. - which normally would be no big deal..

But these refillable mug threads have historically been an issue here on these boards which is why we are tightly controlling it via this one single thread.

Thanks for understanding. :)

I have a very picky brother and was wondering if diet ice tea is available for the refillable mugs at CBR?

I wasn't sure if I should ask this here or on the CBR thread so feel free to delete if in the wrong spot, but I didn't want to ask there with this thread going.

i think there is ice tea - Nestle if i'm not mistaken.

i like ice tea but usually go with the Pink Lemonaid since we dont' get it up here :)

Yes. Thats what the ones look like that we received in Feb this year. So is the OP pic a prior design or a current design?

Only thing I don't like about these mugs is that they hold so little. I bypass them for larger travel mugs in the am because I need MORE coffee.
That's the one I got last trip as well. I think the pic in the first post was the original design of the Celebrate mugs, (with the white bottom,) and it changed within the first few months with the design around the entire mug.

So, I posted as I see many others have about wishing Disney would allow a re-use your refillable mug for a fee less than the purchase price of a new mug. A so called length of stay fee for each additional trip you might take after the original purchase of your mug. My question to the moderators is where exactly can those of us who would like to see this option sent this request to Disney? Is there an email or phone number to contact? I think that this would be a very enviromentally friendly option on the part of both Disney and repeat Guests. The option to keep buying new mugs would still be there for those collectors out there and new Disney Guest. This might offer the best solution to cover both camps so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter