(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 minutes, so it'll be fine to drink up and then refill-and-go. There wouldn't be a lot of point having the cups if you couldn't do that!!

Missed your second paragraph. As far as I know, cocoa and coffee are NOT on the system, so you can fill them up 'free' if you see what I mean. Likewise chilled water, ice and boiling water are also not chipped.
Last time I was at WDW it was less than 2 minutes between refills.

They don't have pink. Current colors (at Pop Century, anyway) are red, green, blue, purple.

Here's the current "hotel lobby" design via disneydining.com:
Art-of-Animation-Refillable-Mugs-2.jpg
Is this the current mug or do they vary by resort? If they do, I assume I can by multiple mugs from different resorts regardless if I stay there or not?

Is this the current mug or do they vary by resort? If they do, I assume I can by multiple mugs from different resorts regardless if I stay there or not?

Currently, and for the last many years now, there are no resort-specific designs for the resort refillable mugs. The same design is offered in all WDW resorts.

I'm staying at POP If I go to the food court with my activated mug I just fill up and go right? Or do I have to wait in line? Also I get coffee is on the chip system?

1. I'm staying at POP If I go to the food court with my activated mug I just fill up and go right?

2. Or do I have to wait in line?

3. Also I get coffee is on the chip system?

1. Yep

2. Only if someone else is already using the dispenser you want.

3. Only the soda dispensers have the chip system.

We are staying at Polynesian (MYW package) for 3 nights followed by Caribbean Beach for 5. We will have dining plan for Poly stay, will we still be able to use our mugs for our nights at Caribbean beach?? The cast member I spoke to told me we would need to reactivate them at CB? I thought I read all mugs were good for 14 days now I am so confused ?!?
We just did this last week. Bought our mugs at POR and then used them without trouble at BWI. The CM who checked me in saw I had a mug and said I assume you bought that mug at your previous resort. I said yes. He then replied," They won't work here. Well they shouldn't." He wasn't the nicest CM.

The refill station said we had refills until 8/5 which was 6 days after we left.

We just did this last week. Bought our mugs at POR and then used them without trouble at BWI. The CM who checked me in saw I had a mug and said I assume you bought that mug at your previous resort. I said yes. He then replied," They won't work here. Well they shouldn't." He wasn't the nicest CM.

The refill station said we had refills until 8/5 which was 6 days after we left.
That CM didn't have a clue.

He should read the information then. The ones for the last several years have clearly stated that they are usable at all resorts, regardless of where you purchased them. o_O :D

To the other PP who I forgot to quote...you definitely won't have to reactivate them.

Thank you and yes lemonade is like sprite or 7up in the UK.

Are you able to advise me on what non fizzy drinks are available with the mugs? Apart from lemonade.

At the moment I'm not feeling too positive about drinks available for my children.

All of the drinks are post-mix syrup based. The non fizzy options are not that different to the fizzy ones, its like McDonalds (in UK) offering still Fanta or fizzy Fanta (although the still option at UK McDs is now Oasis). If children are under three I would guess they shouldn't be having any of this sort of drink, but I'm not a parent so its up to you.

The choice of drinks varies by resort, value and moderate usually have twelve spouts, but there can be repeats so might only be 10 drinks. deluxe food courts might only have eight spouts on the machine.

For example at Port Orleans Riverside the choice is
  • Coca Cola
  • Diet Coke
  • Diet Coke, Caffeine Free
  • Sprite
  • Fanta Orange
  • Coca Cola Cherry
  • Barq’s Root Beer
  • Hi-C Flashin’ Fruit Punch (still)
  • Minute Maid Light Lemonade (still)
  • Coca Cola Zero
  • Chilled Water
At Port Orleans French Quarter the choice is
  • Coca Cola
  • Diet Coke
  • Coca Cola Zero
  • Coca Cola Cherry
  • Barq’s Root Beer
  • Sprite
  • Sprite Zero
  • Fanta Orange
  • Powerade — Mountain Berry Blast
  • Minute Maid Light Pomegranate Lemonade (still)
  • Chilled Water
(from http://www.portorleans.org/mugs.php)

Grand Floridian only offers
  • Coca Cola
  • Diet Coke
  • Coca Cola Zero
  • Barq’s Root Beer
  • Fanta Orange
  • Minute Maid Light Lemonade (still)
  • Chilled Water
from http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Gasparilla-Beverage-Refill-Station.jpg

So you can see they all offer Hi-C Fruit Punch as a still option, buts its still high in HFCS (http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/s...play?productId=788039&storeId=10052&langId=-1) so Hi-C isn't much different to Fanta (http://www.coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/coca-cola-products/fanta/)
They also offer Minute Maid Light Lemonade or pomegranate lemonade, which is at least sugar free http://www.minutemaid.com/content/minutemaid/en/home/products/light-juice/light-lemonade/

So its up to you, but for young children you might prefer to get milk or juice cartons instead.

Another option would be to take squash with you from the UK, maybe get some of the tiny squash things like this http://groceries.asda.com/shelf/squash/squash-on-the-go/1215505098546/1/so-false and just add some to bottled water or get water out the resort machine (water is free and doesn't need a mug).

Hope all that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!