*Chocolate and Pixie Dust* - An August 2008 TR- 8/29 pg 6: Sort of an update

Hi! I just found this, read it, and realized you're in surgery right now! I hope everything goes well...:hug: .
Oh, the poor sub! At least kindergardeners are limited in terms of damage they may cause! :goodvibes
Can't wait to read more...

I teach language arts (that wonderful combo of reading, grammar, and writing all mashed together :rolleyes: ).

Hope your procedure goes well today! Can't wait to see pics from your January trip!

:worship: :worship: I just helped a middle school (8th grade) ELA teacher doing proper punctuation in dialogue...2 weeks with them...like I said...:worship: :worship:

NYer...we're all :grouphug: for ya!

:worship: :worship: I just helped a middle school (8th grade) ELA teacher doing proper punctuation in dialogue...2 weeks with them...like I said...:worship: :worship:

NYer...we're all :grouphug: for ya!

Thanks! Grammar is the hardest to teach -- I can teach literature all day long, but grammar makes me want to gnaw my arm off!

NYer -- hope you're recovering nicely and that all the good drugs haven't worn off yet. :goodvibes

Thanks! Grammar is the hardest to teach -- I can teach literature all day long, but grammar makes me want to gnaw my arm off!

NYer -- hope you're recovering nicely and that all the good drugs haven't worn off yet. :goodvibes

Funny, I am opposite. I am a science/math person by nature...so grammar has rules to follow....cut and dry (with exceptions of course).

NY...Wewax as my nephew says...

Hope everything went okay.:hug:

I miss taking the towncar, but with ME, it's like the Disney Magic starts right away.

Have you done Typhoon or Blizzard before?

I hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery and I wish you a very quick recovery.

Your nephew is absolutely adorable. He's got quite a smile!

Your plans look fab! Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks! More coming in a little bit.

oh....my....goodness!!

We WILL be there at EXACTLY the same time! We had narrowed it down to Poly vs. Beach Club when SAB pool won out for us. So we almost stayed with you as well.

Looks like you will be arriving a few hours ahead of us. We don't get there until around 4:30 on Sat the 9th. Return home on a 5pm flight the 16th.

T is absolutely adorable. Check out those eyelashes!

Thinking about you as you enter the surgery today....

Thanks!

Maybe we'll run into each other.

I would stick with the ME, why waste time getting your bags.

Hope your not in too much pain after the surgery, oh wait I forgot the happy pills you will have. you will be on :cloud9:

I agree with the bags. I hate baggage claim.

Thanks! And the percoset is great!

I found you thanks to Scott!!! Loving this so far!! Thinking of you today with your surgery!! Your resort choices are great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

:welcome: And thanks!!!

YAY!!!! YOU STARTED ONE!!!

Ok, going back to read it now.:thumbsup2

:welcome: Now I need to start a binder!

Thinking of you today Jennifer.:flower3: Check in with us..
Your plans look great! Esp the theme park view rooms!!:lovestruc

Thanks!! Getting ready to update today.

:grouphug: Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery. I can't wait to read more of your report!!! Can't wait to see if the new baby goes to disney!!!:banana:

Thanks! And I just found out the new baby's name. Not sure if they're going to change their mind. I'll update later.

Oh my!! So you are going into surgery right about now. I'll be saying a prayer for you. I hope after this that you get to feeling a lot better.;)

Your trip plans look great!! I would love to stay at the Poly! DH and I were talking earlier about how between the 2 trips we are talking we could have stayed at the Poly and for longer than 6 days. Oh well, I'm liking the idea of 2 trips in one year. I had never really thought about trying to do it before. We usually just have one big blowout.

Thanks! If you ever have the opportunity to stay at the Poly, definitely try it. It's amazing.

Oh my!! So you are going into surgery right about now. I'll be saying a prayer for you. I hope after this that you get to feeling a lot better.;)

Your trip plans look great!! I would love to stay at the Poly! DH and I were talking earlier about how between the 2 trips we are taking this year we could have stayed at the Poly and for longer than 6 days. We could have also had the minimum points almost paid for in DVC!! :scared1: Oh well, I'm liking the idea of 2 trips in one year. I had never really thought about trying to do it before. We usually just have one big blowout. We are hoping to get in on DVC next year or in 2010.

I'm thinking of DVC also. It is beginning to seem like a good deal.

Hi! I just found this, read it, and realized you're in surgery right now! I hope everything goes well...:hug: .
Oh, the poor sub! At least kindergardeners are limited in terms of damage they may cause! :goodvibes
Can't wait to read more...

:welcome: Thanks!!!

This is true. Kindergartners can't really get inot that much :lmao:

Thanks! I got to take some drugs home :rotfl2:

Funny, I am opposite. I am a science/math person by nature...so grammar has rules to follow....cut and dry (with exceptions of course).

NY...Wewax as my nephew says...

I am wewaxing :rotfl:

Just checking in to see how you are.

I'm much better, thanks!

Sending :goodvibes and :hug: your way, friend!

Cas

Thanks Cas!

Hope everything went okay.:hug:

I miss taking the towncar, but with ME, it's like the Disney Magic starts right away.

Have you done Typhoon or Blizzard before?

The surgery was an experience. I'll update on that.

You and Scott have convinced me that ME is worth it. I hate baggage claim and I love that the Disney experience starts at the airport!

I have not done Typhoon or Blizzard before, but think August will be a great time to try them. Which is your preference?

As you know, I had gallbladder surgery on Tuesday afternoon. Well, the surgery didn't go quite as my surgeon expected. They ended up having to do some scans and xrays during surgery because they wanted to make sure one of the ducts didn't interfer with liver function. So, the surgery that was suppose to last an hour lasted 2! :scared1:

When I finally woke up, I was quite out of it. I got morphine and anti nausea meds intravenously and found out I have 5 abdominal incisions. Luckily, the inscisions are quite small because I had laproscopic surgery. Within 2 hours or so in the recovery room, I was feeling great and ready to go home. With a prescription for percoset and instructions to make a post-op appointment, I was on my way home to relaxin in my own bed. Or so I thought...

On the way home, I stopped to fill my prescription. As I was waiting for the percoset, I started to feel dizzy and nauseous. By the time I got home, I the nauseous feeling wasn't a feeling anymore. It was nonstop all night. This led to a trip to the Lenox Hill ER yesterday morning. I got more morphine, anti-nausea drugs, and a visit from my surgeon.

Finally, I can say that I'm feeling much better. There is some minor discomfort from the incisions, but that's what the percoset is for. Last night I was way to loopy to update :lmao:

So now that I'm back, I'm ready to continue planning my trip again!

Up Next: Garden Grill Photos and ADRs!

Here are some photos of T at the Garden Grill in Epcot in June 2007.
We have lunch here every trip and LOVE it. The character interaction is great and the food is good. Plus, I love that this restaurant rotates through a scenes from the Living with the Land boat ride.

Disney2007004.jpg

Disney2007003.jpg

Disney2007002.jpg

I made it!!!! :)

So glad you finally started your PTR Jennifer ;)

I see I'm not going to be the first to comment on how cute your brother is :love: Your nephew is adorable!

I'm glad the surgery is over and you're feeling better. Take it easy and I can't wait to read more :hug:

sorry to hear about the sugery stumbles, but glad that you're back and you're ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Does the GG restaurant itself actually rotate?

glad your feeling better now.

I cannot wait for GG

Yay you're back! Glad you are starting to feel better but sorry you had some bumps in the road at first.

Great update. Garden Grill sounds like a neat place. I wish I could talk my picky eaters into trying it.

Love the pics. Your nephew is so cute!

sorry to hear about the sugery stumbles, but glad that you're back and you're ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Does the GG restaurant itself actually rotate?
Yes it does. very slowly, its really neat. :teacher:

Jennifer: Your post-op sounded scary. :eek: glad your O.K and enjoying the drugs. :rotfl2:

Those pictures are so cute!!:cutie:

I am so sorry to hear about the problems after your surgery!! I am happy that you are doing much better now though!! I have now added a new place to my list of future ADR's!! LOL GG looks great & I have only heard positive things about it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter