*Chocolate and Pixie Dust* - An August 2008 TR- 8/29 pg 6: Sort of an update

Native NYer

DIS Veteran
JI have been reading lot of ptr and tr for the past couple of months. Since I got home from our January trip I've tossed around the idea of writing a ptr.

And today it happened. I finally caved in. At first, I couldn't phatom documenting all of my insanity. But I do like to chat about my trip, get feedback, and exchange ideas. And this is the perfect place!

So here I am, starting my first ptr. I'm a little nervous about how this is going to turn out, but I'll try my best.

Enjoy!

Here is a of photo of Cinderella's Castle from our January 2008 trip. Notice the gloomy weather.

DisneyWorldJanuary2008005.jpg

Up Next: Cast of Characters

Our Line Up:

Me : I teach kindergarten and love it. I hang out with 4-5 year olds all day and the worst thing that happens is someone doesn't want to share. It definitely helps me keep things in perspective. I love Disney and planning trips to WDW. My planning borders on mania at times, but everyone around me just ignores it. I travel quite a bit to other places, but my OCD doesn't effect those trips. Go figure :confused3

Jenn01.jpg

Mom: Loves Disney, but is MUCH more laid back than I am. She leaves all of the planning to me. She doesn't care which restaurants I pick, but she is picky about resorts. Mom is also our packing extraodinaire! I over-pack and Mom comes over and fixes it.

Dad: He enjoys Disney, but doesn't get involved in planning anything. He just wants to know what days he has to take off from work and when he has to be at the airport.

T: My 4 year old nephew. He went to WDW for the first time in June 2007 and LOVES it. He loves Buzz Lightyear, Mickey, and Goofy. He's not afraid of characters, fast rides, or rides in the dark. He'll go on anything. We spent his 4th birthday at WDW in January. This will be his 3rd trip.

Disney2007001.jpg

Mike: My younger brother. He manages a pharmaceutical company in Maryland. He enjoys trips to WDW, but is an underplanner. He cannot understand why I would need to make ADRs 180 days before our trip. Mike enjoys thrill rides and often tells me rides "aren't that bad" or "the drop isn't that steep" to get me to go on. Not sure if he's joining us just yet. Keep reading to find out why...

Disney2007006.jpg

Natasha: SIL. She's a microbiologist and clean freak. She hasn't been to WDW in awhile and is anxious to go. But she's due in July and isn't sure she'll be ready to brave the crowds and heat so soon after giving birth.

Unborn nephew: Will August be his first trip to WDW? We'll have to wait and see!

Up Next: Hi ho hi ho, it's off to the OR I go :scared1:

Hi`ya Jennifer!! Your nephew T is adorable. pirate: I was about to ask if your brother is single. :love: then I read further down. :sad1: Congrats on the new baby!! I cant imagine she will be ready in August with a newborn. :confused3

:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I am so happy. I have been waiting and hoping you would start one.

P.S. - we are looking at apartments at Concord Village in Brooklyn heights. Biff is sick of this neighborhood. Nice apartments over there.

Hi`ya Jennifer!! Your nephew T is adorable. pirate: I was about to ask if your brother is single. :love: then I read further down. :sad1: Congrats on the new baby!! I cant imagine she will be ready in August with a newborn. :confused3

Ummm...I was thinking the same thing about your DB. A cutie patutie! Hehehehe...

I cannot wait to read more! So where do you have your ressies?????? I kinda miss that since we won't be doing ressies for Disneyland in September!:sad1:

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

:welcome: Glad you're here!!!

:welcome: Thanks about my nephew and new baby! I'm so excited about getting to buy baby things and not having any of the responsibility of taking care of him :lmao: I agree with you about coming to Disney after giving birth. But my brother is convinced they're going to make the trip.

And sorry my brother is not single. My friends keep asking too :rotfl2:

:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I am so happy. I have been waiting and hoping you would start one.

P.S. - we are looking at apartments at Concord Village in Brooklyn heights. Biff is sick of this neighborhood. Nice apartments over there.

:welcome: So glad you're here!!!!

Oh and Brooklyn Heights is so nice! I love it. And you'll be close to the Promenade. Great for evenin walks in the summer. Can't wait to hear more about your apartment hunting!

Ummm...I was thinking the same thing about your DB. A cutie patutie! Hehehehe...

I cannot wait to read more! So where do you have your ressies?????? I kinda miss that since we won't be doing ressies for Disneyland in September!:sad1:

Thanks!

I'll post ressies very very soon. Actually probably sometime this week. I feel the need to change a few things and would love some advice. Stay tuned!

T is SOOO CUTE!!!

Scott sent me here. I am a Native NYer too! :) Just 72ish miles east of you!:lmao:

:)
:happytv:

I think I'll join this one too (thanks Scott!). Are we going the same week?

Thanks to Scott, I am here now popcorn:: .

I'm a teacher also -- only I teach middle schoolers. Sadly, they aren't the greatest at sharing either. :confused3

Your nephew is adorable!

I think I'll join this one too (thanks Scott!). Are we going the same week?

:welcome: Hmm we might be there the same week. I'll post all of the details shortly.

I'm glad Scott pimped you out.......:thumbsup2

I'm here now.

:welcome: I'm going to need your help as I attempt to put together a binder. All of my stuff is just lying around.

Thanks to Scott, I am here now popcorn:: .

I'm a teacher also -- only I teach middle schoolers. Sadly, they aren't the greatest at sharing either. :confused3

Your nephew is adorable!

:welcome:

Middle school is a tough age. I could never do it. What subject do you teach?

Thanks!!! I think he knows he's a cutie and uses it to his advantage :rotfl:

Eastern Suffolk. Twin Forks. Riverhead (the end of the L.I.E.)

Suffolk is so serene. So much nicer than Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter