Chick-Fil-A invites customers to visit for National Sandwich Day (on a Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it insincere. YMMV

I don’t need sincerity when I order a chicken salad, I don’t care if they mean it when they say my pleasure. I know it really isn’t their pleasure, they’d rather be any where but work. What matters to me is the attitude, they are there doing their job and with a smile on their face. I’ll take that over most of the customer service at fast food places here where you’re either ignored or treated like you are burdening the employees by making them do their job. But like you said YMMV.

Can somebody tell me what is so great about this place? We recently tried their food at MCO. Found their „ customer service“ standard fast food and their food ok. I actually prefer Wendy‘s Spivey chicken. My son wanted to try their food ( we live overseas and always here about them). And was underwhelmed with their nuggets.

There is only one thing great about Chick Fil A. They move you through their drive through faster than anyone. That's it. Their food is mediocre even by fast food chicken sandwich standards.
The bun is the same deflated highly processed air bun of any other fast food place. You get exactly two, count em, two pickles. It is loaded with sodium. It's overly processed. They're slightly better than some chicken sandwiches, slightly worse than others. I don't find their employees any more courteous than the next place. But I do get my food faster. But I'd much rather have better quality and wait a bit. The bottom line. It will do if you're in a hurry and in a pinch. But it's certainly not worth the praise it gets. It's the one thing around here more over rated than Dole Whips and Zebra Domes. Those two things are good, but not to die for. Chick Fil A is mediocre.

Last edited:
I've tried their sandwiches and was totally underwhelmed. It certainly wasn't a horrible experience, but I didn't see the value and the service didn't seem much different than a competently run fast food place.

Must be the one you tried. Their service is what makes this company. It is the total secret to their success and the expanding of almost every store in a 200 mile radius show that they are succeeding. Soooo . . .

I agree pretty good service. Best fast food chicken sandwich, People seem happy and if I was at any other place as far back at drive thru that i was it would be half hour more.

We are lucky to have Canes here and I feel their service and cleanliness rivals CFA any day.

None around here. I looked up the closest locations, which are in Reno, Nevada and Bakersfield. Plenty in the Los Angeles area though.

There is only one thing great about Chick Fil A. They move you through their drive through faster than anyone. That's it. Their food is mediocre even by fast food chicken sandwich standards.
The bun is the same deflated highly processed air bun of any other fast food place. You get exactly two, count em, two pickles. It is loaded with sodium. They're slightly better than some chicken sandwiches, slightly worse than others. I don't find their employees any more courteous than the next place. But I'd much rather have better quality and wait a bit. The bottom line. It will do if you're in a hurry and in a pinch. But it's certainly not worth the praise it gets. It's the one thing around here more over rated than Dole Whips and Zebra Domes. Those two things are good, but not to die for. Chick Fil A is mediocre.

For fast food it’s hard to beat in n out’s service.

I just want to praise CFA customer service. We had one 5 minutes away from my house when I lived in Pittsburgh. Several years ago, my family and I went to Jamaica for 11 days. As much as we love it there, we are usually craving food from home by the time we leave. When we got home, we were starving. We had been traveling since very early morning and had no time to eat, even with a layover. We were also exhausted and had no food in the house after being gone so long.

My dad handed me his card and I ran over to CFA and did drive thru. I ordered nearly $70 worth of food for the 5 of us. I went to pay and the card was declined. It had expired literally the day before. I apologized profusely and told them we had just gotten back from vacation and we were starving and didn’t even realize that card was expired. I told them I’d be right back with a different card and asked that they hold the food. They told me not to worry about it and that things happen. They said to enjoy the food while it’s hot and not worry about coming back right away. They were BEYOND kind and understanding.

I got home, told my parents what they did for us, and they sent my brother over to pay immediately.

I will never forget that and will always appreciate them for it.

Also, now that I have a kid, they have the BEST kid toys out of all the fast food places

Truth be told, I wouldn't base my opinion on any fast food product by what you'd get in an airport location.

I like the Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich because it's the only fast food chicken sandwich that's not spicy (at all). I don't know why almost all food locations (fast food as well as sit down restaurants) have decided that everyone wants hot, spicy food.
Well down here most ppl actually do want spicy food.

Truth be told, I wouldn't base my opinion on any fast food product by what you'd get in an airport location.

I like the Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich because it's the only fast food chicken sandwich that's not spicy (at all). I don't know why almost all food locations (fast food as well as sit down restaurants) have decided that everyone wants hot, spicy food.
Wendy's has both a crispy and grilled non-spicy chicken. McDonald's has a non-spicy crispy chicken. Pretty sure Burger King offers one as well (their menus change more often so it's hard to keep track).

Wendy's has both a crispy and grilled non-spicy chicken. McDonald's has a non-spicy crispy chicken. Pretty sure Burger King offers one as well (their menus change more often so it's hard to keep track).
The last time I tried McDonald's crispy chicken I asked if it was spicy and they said "no". But it was. So I'm a bit gun-shy about getting one there.

I don't go to Wendy's (not a fan). Burger King, the one nearest us closed years ago. Closest one now is 6 miles away and not very convenient to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter