Chick-Fil-A invites customers to visit for National Sandwich Day (on a Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great lunch there today! (not often, as we do not have one nearby)
Everything was even better than usual.
My husband really loves it, but today it was so good, even I was impressed. Tried the Mac-N-Cheese too.
And, even with the slip-up in that promo, It is great to know that all of their wonderful employees can look forward to a weekend day off, every week!!!

I didn't hear any 'gross' comments at all. Not one word.... We had added a side of the Mac, and somehow it was substituted for the fries, as the side. When they personally hand delivered our food to the table, and we noticed, a free order of fries was delivered INSTANTLY, with a big smile!!!
I would have a hard time giving consideration to anyone who could even begin to use the word 'gross' to describe anything re: this restaurant.
Gotta love Chick-Fil-A !

Lots of people work through a "weekend". Society has changed that work week decades ago. If people work 40 hours a week, it's a regular week, no matter what days they are working. If they don't have a Saturday or Sunday off, they have two other days off. I don't see what the big deal is not having to work on a Sunday, unless one goes to church that day., which is less than 40% of the US population. (gallop poll 2013)

I certainly don't get it. Without getting too political, a lot of it seems to be based on ideological grounds even if they don't specifically market for a particular customer base. The chicken seems to be average and the bread is kind of meh. To get any decent flavor requires use of their myriad variety of sauces, although they're super heavy on sugar.

saucey.jpg
And yet, what’s this, the second or third thread you’ve started about Chick-fil-A and/or chicken sandwiches plus numerous posts...

Last edited:
Lots of people work through a "weekend". Society has changed that work week decades ago. If people work 40 hours a week, it's a regular week, no matter what days they are working. If they don't have a Saturday or Sunday off, they have two other days off. I don't see what the big deal is not having to work on a Sunday, unless one goes to church that day., which is less than 40% of the US population. (gallop poll 2013)
Then it shouldn't be that big of a deal for that part of the population to work on Christmas day.

Considering it's a lot of young people working at CFA that are in school all week, Sunday may be the only day they truly have off. Plus when you are out partying Saturday night it sure is nice not to have to go to work with a hangover. When I worked in retail I would have LOVED having every Sunday off.
For other people, it isn't a big deal and you are right they get other days off. However even if is just about going to Church, less than 40% of the US is still quite alot of people who do see it as "a big deal" to have the day off.

Being off on Sunday isn’t just about going to church. It’s also the day a lot of extended families gather. A lot of people love having that day to be able to see their family.

Besides, as someone who worked in fast food and later in full service restaurants, it’s just nice knowing you have X day off every week. Most do not get that. You can actually make plans for that day of the week way ahead without having to wait for the schedules to come out or ask for the day off and hope you get it or try to trade days with someone else.

For older employees, it gives them at least one day a week they know they can spend with their kids who may be in school the rest of the week.

Considering it's a lot of young people working at CFA that are in school all week, Sunday may be the only day they truly have off. Plus when you are out partying Saturday night it sure is nice not to have to go to work with a hangover. When I worked in retail I would have LOVED having every Sunday off.
For other people, it isn't a big deal and you are right they get other days off. However even if is just about going to Church, less than 40% of the US is still quite alot of people who do see it as "a big deal" to have the day off.
:scratchin I thought the same thing. Our culture has undergone some pretty substantial changes, in both attitude and practice, in deference to much smaller groups. Now that churchgoers have fallen to a "minority", maybe they can get some respect?

If that’s the case, it worked because this thread is now 4 pages long!
Team 🐥!

Of course. Their marketing team is very astute and savvy. There would be nowhere near the attention if they initially announced they're celebrating on Monday because their stores are closed on Sunday.

Truth be told, I wouldn't base my opinion on any fast food product by what you'd get in an airport location.
I agree. Haven't really had stellar experiences at the airports of any place really but that doesn't mean they are indicative of a whole brand..same goes for region/areas. One region/area may have subpar service but that wouldn't be indicative of the whole brand.

Truth be told, I wouldn't base my opinion on any fast food product by what you'd get in an airport location.

Yeah, airports are tough locations to judge by.

I've never actually been to any of them, though. For a long time, they weren't in my area at all, and now that there are a couple, they're still over 20 minutes away for me.

Ahhh, I love the Chikfila threads on The Dis. A wonderful way to refresh everybody's memory as to the ideological alignment of all the same and usual posters...

I, of course, find them to be underwhelming. But in all seriousness, their massive overuse of MSG is ridiculous. It's the third ingredient in their sandwiches and nuggets, so that plus their "values" explains their popularity in some parts of the country and lack thereof in other parts. Can't we all just agree on that and skip with the repeated and thinly-veiled threads about a fast food chain or do we need them as a proxy for the banned political threads?

What I find interesting in these threads is not just the ideology, but whether the comments are coming from a positive place, or nothing other than negativity. Not hard to see which is which.

Ahhh, I love the Chikfila threads on The Dis. A wonderful way to refresh everybody's memory as to the ideological alignment of all the same and usual posters...

I, of course, find them to be underwhelming. But in all seriousness, their massive overuse of MSG is ridiculous. It's the third ingredient in their sandwiches and nuggets, so that plus their "values" explains their popularity in some parts of the country and lack thereof in other parts. Can't we all just agree on that and skip with the repeated and thinly-veiled threads about a fast food chain or do we need them as a proxy for the banned political threads?

I think we can agree that some people like their food and customer service and others don’t.

No, I happen toI disagree... many of these comments have nothing, at all, zero, to do with whether one likes the sandwich, or the smile that comes with it.
Again, easy to tell which is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter