Character Meals Super Thread!!

Hey everyone! I see that you can order off the menu at Storytellers--does anyone know if you can do this at PCH Grill, too?

Thanks!!

The only character breakfast that isn't a buffet is Ariel's. Storytellers recetly changed to buffet only.

Thought I'd give a report on my recent breakfast at Minnie's. We had a nice time. We had a 10:30 reservation (8am park opening) and it was hot out, so requested an inside table which was no problem. We met 11 characters over 1 hr 20 mins:

Pooh
Tigger
Rabbit
Eeyore
Chip
Dale
Rafiki
Gepeto
Pinnochio
Captain Hook
and Minnie

The only character that didn't make it over to our table was Goofy's son (nephew?) I'm not familiar with this character.

We were concerned after an hour that a lot of the characters hadn't made it to us and at 11:30 several characters disappeared into the back, so we were starting to get ready to leave (disappointed). Then they all came back out and we got to meet them. Character interaction was excellent. Rabbit and Captain Hook did a little ballet dance together because my daughter was wearing a Nutcracker shirt. Very cute.

Foodwise, things were fine. Typical American breakfast food, but long, slow lines and a bit chaotic. Food is served cafeteria style and there are not a ton of choices. The chicken fried steak was very tasty, as were the bacon and sausage. Omelets looked like they were worth the wait. I think as long as you set your expectations for this meal, you will have a good time. My only other character breakfast experience was at Goofy's. A lot more food variety there, and less chaotic, but not as many characters. The character interactions were similar.

I think as long as you set your expectations for this meal, you will have a good time. My only other character breakfast experience was at Goofy's. A lot more food variety there, and less chaotic, but not as many characters. The character interactions were similar.

I couldn't agree more with you! Even if the food is not the best one on property, Minnie's Breakfast in the Park is one of our favorite because of the number of characters you see and the interaction they have with you.

Too bad you didn't get to see Max, who is Goofy's son ;). We've been looking for him for years!!!

With that being said, I'dd add that we prefer, hands down, character meals in Disneyland than in Disney World.

Does anyone know the current price for the character breakfast at DLH?

We are a family of 8, 6 girls ages 17, 15, 14, 8, 6 and 5. We love Minnie's breakfast but don't want to wast our park time (it's been a few years since we have been to DL). So we are going on our party day (only going in the evening that day) and have it narrowed down to Goofys Kitchen or Surfs Up. What would you recommend if we really enjoy Minnie's? Thanks!

Does anyone know the current price for the character breakfast at DLH?

Okay I finally had some time to call Disney Dining, here are the prices/Options for November 2014:
(All options add 8% sales tax) Prices are Adults / Children 3-9

Minnies Plaza Inn
Breakfast: $27 / $13
gratuity not added

Ariel's Grotto
Breakfast: $37 / $19
Lunch: $39 / $21
15% Gratuity additional

PCH Grill (Surf's Up with Mickey & Friends)
Breakfast: $31 / $16
15% Gratuity additional

Goofy's Kitchen
Dinner: $37 / $16
18% Gratuity additional

Storytellers
Breakfast: $28 / $13
gratuity not added

We are a family of 8, 6 girls ages 17, 15, 14, 8, 6 and 5. We love Minnie's breakfast but don't want to wast our park time (it's been a few years since we have been to DL). So we are going on our party day (only going in the evening that day) and have it narrowed down to Goofys Kitchen or Surfs Up. What would you recommend if we really enjoy Minnie's? Thanks!

I would say Surf's Up. It is so much fun dancing with the characters!!

Okay I finally had some time to call Disney Dining, here are the prices/Options for November 2014:
(All options add 8% sales tax) Prices are Adults / Children 3-9

Minnies Plaza Inn
Breakfast: $27 / $13
gratuity not added

Ariel's Grotto
Breakfast: $37 / $19
Lunch: $39 / $21
15% Gratuity additional

PCH Grill (Surf's Up with Mickey & Friends)
15% Gratuity additional

Goofy's Kitchen
Dinner: $37 / $16
18% Gratuity additional

Storytellers
Breakfast: $28 / $13
gratuity not added
Thank you so much:thanks:

Warning about Goofy's Kitchen:

As of October 1 there are no more "guest stars" visiting. You will be seeing Goofy at the photo stop, Pluto, Minnie and Chip and Dale. Supposedly they will get new costumes when a small refurb is over and the photo stop will be re done too - the date we were given for that was Monday.

I can't say I'm happy about this. We found out by pure chance last Saturday when I took my friends for their first time ever. Way too leave an impression for a character meal I've been raving about for over 2 years - not! :eek:

The remaining characters came to our table several times and were really playful. Nothing to fault there. But still this is a major change that I feel should be mentioned.

Warning about Goofy's Kitchen:

As of October 1 there are no more "guest stars" visiting. You will be seeing Goofy at the photo stop, Pluto, Minnie and Chip and Dale. Supposedly they will get new costumes when a small refurb is over and the photo stop will be re done too - the date we were given for that was Monday.

I can't say I'm happy about this. We found out by pure chance last Saturday when I took my friends for their first time ever. Way too leave an impression for a character meal I've been raving about for over 2 years - not! :eek:

The remaining characters came to our table several times and were really playful. Nothing to fault there. But still this is a major change that I feel should be mentioned.

Seriously? Just those 5? Nobody else? We went there for the fun random nature of who we found there. :(

Warning about Goofy's Kitchen: As of October 1 there are no more "guest stars" visiting. You will be seeing Goofy at the photo stop, Pluto, Minnie and Chip and Dale. Supposedly they will get new costumes when a small refurb is over and the photo stop will be re done too - the date we were given for that was Monday. I can't say I'm happy about this. We found out by pure chance last Saturday when I took my friends for their first time ever. Way too leave an impression for a character meal I've been raving about for over 2 years - not! :eek: The remaining characters came to our table several times and were really playful. Nothing to fault there. But still this is a major change that I feel should be mentioned.

This is really disappointing. It seems like they keep raising the price of this meal too. I don't think it should be listed as a premium character meal anymore then. After some disappointing visits to Goofy's, we hadn't planned on going back, but now we definitely won't go.

This is really disappointing. It seems like they keep raising the price of this meal too. I don't think it should be listed as a premium character meal anymore then. After some disappointing visits to Goofy's, we hadn't planned on going back, but now we definitely won't go.

Hmmmm. I've got Goofy's booked for November, but maybe I need to change that over to Minnie's with all the extra characters they have. Decisions...

I agree with that. I really think it's the end of an era. GK was a tradition for us on every trip. I LOVE LOVE LOVED GK and Minnie's for the random nature of character appearances. Now this is no better than the static collection of character meals they have at WDW.

I agree with that. I really think it's the end of an era. GK was a tradition for us on every trip. I LOVE LOVE LOVED GK and Minnie's for the random nature of character appearances. Now this is no better than the static collection of character meals they have at WDW.

Sadly, I agree 100%. Are they trying to make it a new homogenized Chef Mickeys? The randomness of the characters made me think that this, the characters and the location at the DLH, this is the real deal, this is old school Disney, this is why Disneyland is still quirky and unique. Goofys was an absolute must for us on every trip - we're actually going in a week and a half for only 3 days and we have a GK dinner on arrival night and a breakfast on departure day. Now? I can't imagine us going with as much frequency as before. It's kind of like surfs up - we did it once it was fun, but it's not an every trip must do because we know it'll be the same exact characters and the same experience. I know Minnie's still has unique characters, but for how long?

We got back Monday night from our first DLR trip. We chose Goofys breakfast as our only character meal,which we had last Friday. Yes, it did remind me of Chef Mickeys, but even though they didn't have unusual characters we had great interaction. We were visited twice each by Pluto, Chip, Dale and Minnie in less than one hour. They each spent real time at our table and we also enjoyed the food. I'm glad we chose GK, but we'd be interested to try another next time.

It's kind of like surfs up - we did it once it was fun, but it's not an every trip must do because we know it'll be the same exact characters and the same experience. I know Minnie's still has unique characters, but for how long?

Yep. We did Surf's Up last year and it was the first to get scratched for this year, for that very reason. GK has been a tradition for us. But it will likely get scratched for us soon. And I'm just going to say it. We love Chip and Dale, but they are bordering on overexposure. We saw them at GK, Minnie's and Storyteller's last trip. And they take 2 spots in the rotation, but don't brink much different to the table. The real fun in meeting Chip and Dale is finding them together somewhere and playing with that interaction.

Best time for a Character Breakfast? I am looking at Surfs up during December. Would earlier in the morning be better or later toward the end after the park has opened?

We were "over" GK when they started that macarena ridiculousness a dozen years ago. Made the whole experience feel like a descent through the various circles of hell. Ugh.

Yep. We did Surf's Up last year and it was the first to get scratched for this year, for that very reason. GK has been a tradition for us. But it will likely get scratched for us soon. And I'm just going to say it. We love Chip and Dale, but they are bordering on overexposure. We saw them at GK, Minnie's and Storyteller's last trip. And they take 2 spots in the rotation, but don't brink much different to the table. The real fun in meeting Chip and Dale is finding them together somewhere and playing with that interaction.

We are starting to feel the same way about Minnie.

We're going to WDW In December and I was trying to book a character meal each morning and after a few of them I was thinking, man why are all the same characters at all the same meals? It's not like Disneyland at all! :sad: I was going to book a breakfast at Cape May and I couldn't do it. We would have literally seen almost all of these characters at other meals a few days prior, and the thought of the SAME characters again but in beach wear wasn't cutting it...

And now, my Goofys Kitchen is going down the same path. No wait! THIS Minnie is wearing a chefs outfit! See? Totally unique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter