Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

I'll be back in a while to finish with proper replies and another update, but I wanted to post this while it was still relatively pertinent. Earlier this week I crossed something off my bucket list.

There’s this phenomenon in Southern California around New Years time called the Rose Parade. I’m not sure what the rest of the country thinks about it, I’ve heard it’s kind a of non-event elsewhere, but here it’s a pretty big thing. Once the parade is over, the floats are parked in Pasadena in an area which is fairly residential, but there is park land on the area where the floats are actually parked. For a couple days after the parade, you can pay an admission fee, walk around and view the floats. I’ve been wanting to do it for years, now and it just hasn’t worked out. However, this year I was determined to see them.

Once we finished watching the live parade coverage on our DVR, we switched off the TV, grabbed our warm clothes and trekked on up to Pasadena. From watching the parade, I had a good idea of which floats I mostly wanted to see. We tried to concentrate on mostly those because there was only four hours to see them and we spent the first hour of viewing waiting in line to buy tickets. The place was practically a zoo, easily as crowded as Disneyland on a weekend. I did my best with camera angles and photoshop to get pictures free of photobombers.

I'm adding this now because this may be something that I'd ingrained in Rose Parade fans, but a comment below made me realize it is not common knowledge. EVERY INCH OF THE FLOAT MUST BE COVERED IN ORGANIC MATERIALS. Any surface you see is covered with flowers beans, wheat, leaves, vegetables, etc.

Upon entering the viewing area, we first spotted the Trader Joe’s float and headed in that direction. We skipped a couple boring floats on our way but this “Home Tweet Home” float caught my eye.

On the preparade coverage someone had mentioned that this guy in the foreground was dedicated to Garry Marshall. As he was the foreman on the job and directing everything.

Just look at the detail on these sculptures.

I thought it was cool to see the hatch for the driver of the float open. I don’t think someone with claustrophobia could drive one of these!

Fran liked the guy with the nails in his mouth.

I thought that the little garden in the backyard was just precious.

Then we moved on to the Trader Joe’s float. Each year, they always have a very cool entry.

Everyone in Southern California needs a Tiki Bar. Our cats even have their own outside next to the human’s Tiki Bar.

The detail on these wheels is just mind blowing!

The next float we encountered was the Lucy Foundation which featured surfing dogs during the parade. It also set records for the longest and heaviest float ever in parade history.

I just love how they work vegetables into the floats as well as the flowers.

And Nemo made an appearance or is this Marlon?

Fran didn’t think this was Dory…

I loved this Farmer’s float. At first I thought it was nothing special, just a motorhome, but then it extended!

I love this Farmer’s Insurance commercial with the Aqua dogs.

Again the detail is just so cool.

The float from Miracle Gro was really stunning, but then again what would you expect from a garden product at a flower show?

The float from Ragu was one of the ones that I didn’t want to miss. I loved the concept of the tomatoes growing all around the house.

And the use of the vegetables was just so appropriate for this one.

The salt and pepper shakers were just so cool! I wanted to get to the other side for a shot of the bowl of pasta (you can kind of see it in the background) but it was just too tricky to get on that side of the floats that I gave up.

I don’t remember what float this was, but what really caught my eye was the attention to detail on the flowers.

The stamen are made out of Oranges!

[Continued in Next Post]

Last edited:
[Continued from Previous Post]

Cal Poly also does a neat float every year. There are two campuses, one in San Luis Obispo and the other in Pomona. Each campus works on half the float and then they bring it together for the parade. These Chameleons were cool, but the “effect” they were supposed to have didn’t seem to work properly.

Look at the detail on this one, the scales are red onions! And then all the different beans that they used to make the eye, so cool!

Another treatment of stamen in the flower.

This one was really cute too!

The Dole float was another one that was pretty spectacular. They had this volcano on the back of the float.

The Goddess Pele was standing in front of the Volcano.

King Kamehameha was at the front of the float.

And the floral work in general was just beautiful.

By this point we had walked the length of the exhibit. There was one more small branch which went off (picture the map as if it was a capital “T” but with a longer top than stem) but none of those floats really appealed to me. It was starting to get chilly and neither of us had brought gloves or scarves, so we worked our way back out. I kept wondering why I hadn’t seen the main float that I wanted to see.

As we doubled back, this dragon float caught my eye. It had been mobbed when we went by it earlier so we skipped it then, but now I was able to get a shot of it’s butt.

As we headed towards the exit, we took a little shortcut which took us on the other side of the park from where we entered. And that’s when I saw the float I had really wanted to see. We almost missed it because we went directly for the Trader Joe’s, Lucy Foundation, and Farmer’s Insurance floats, which were off to the left. This one was parked on the main road farther away from those mentioned above. Fran was happy to just sit and watch my purse and scooter while I walked over to this float to get a ton of pictures.

Here is the overall view of the float from the front:

And looking from the back of the float:

And here are some detailed shots.

And then we were ready to leave. I snapped this one last shot, and we headed on back to our car.

We picked up some hot beverages from Starbucks and went back home. I hope we can do it again sometime, but now I can finally say that I have viewed the floats from the Rose Parade!

The rose parade has been mentioned quite a bit by Facebook friends recently and not all of them are from California. I did wonder what this was all about. The floats are truly stunning.

Corinna

I've always loved the Rose Parade. Now that we aren't going to NYE parties, the parade is my big tradition. Going to see it in person is one of my bucket list items - I didn't know about the option to go see them up close later! You got some great photos!

Very cool! I was able to see some of the parade but not too much of it because my DH and my dad were watching Football.

We heard a lot about the Ragu Float here on the various news channels for a week or so before the Parade because Ragu got it's start in Rochester. I live not far from Rochester, NY and that's where the news channels are based.

My DH's Aunt and Uncle were actually there at the parade and for a few days before and after. They put some pics of the floats pre- parade on Facebook. (they actually have been there a whole and just left from San Diego on the Holland America Westerdam on a cruise, I think it left today.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. These are awesome floats. I have heard of the Rose Parade, but have only seen "old" photos of it. This looks truly wonderful.

Earlier this week I crossed something off my bucket list.

Nice! I find I add more to my bucket list than I cross off! :laughing:

There’s this phenomenon in Southern California around New Years time called the Rose Parade.

::yes:: Even up here we've heard of it.

For a couple days after the parade, you can pay an admission fee, walk around and view the floats.

Huh. I've never heard of that.
I always think of a parade as moving... and then gone for good.

Once we finished watching the live parade coverage on our DVR

I haven't quite made up my mind if I prefer a parade live or on TV.

The place was practically a zoo, easily as crowded as Disneyland on a weekend.

Really!

On the preparade coverage someone had mentioned that this guy in the foreground was dedicated to Garry Marshall. As he was the foreman on the job and directing everything.

As in Writer, Producer, Director who died about 6 months ago?

Just look at the detail on these sculptures.

Thanks so much for that shot.
I was going to ask how much was flowers vs other materials (like painted Styrofoam or whatever.)

Fran liked the guy with the nails in his mouth.

Me too! Reminds me of my Dad.

Hm. I do that too.

I thought that the little garden in the backyard was just precious.

::yes::

Everyone in Southern California needs a Tiki Bar. Our cats even have their own outside next to the human’s Tiki Bar.

:laughing: Some day, I'd like to see that.
(No. Not inviting myself over to your house.)

The detail on these wheels is just mind blowing!

Right down to the seeds. But this was the first non flower I noticed.

The next float we encountered was the Lucy Foundation which featured surfing dogs during the parade. It also set records for the longest and heaviest float ever in parade history.

That thing is huge!!

Fran didn’t think this was Dory…

Dory's folks. ::yes::

The float from Miracle Gro was really stunning, but then again what would you expect from a garden product at a flower show?

Makes sense... but they're all pretty amazing.

I like the tomatoes around it too.

Love the measuring spoons.

I don’t remember what float this was, but what really caught my eye was the attention to detail on the flowers.

The stamen are made out of Oranges!

These things are really incredible!

Look at the detail on this one, the scales are red onions! And then all the different beans that they used to make the eye, so cool!

:sad2: The attention to detail is insane.

I'm going to stop multiquoting.... just too many breathtaking views.

Here is the overall view of the float from the front:

I can see why you went out of your way to see this one.

Okay, now that's just funny! Hang on!!! Don't let go!!!

I hope we can do it again sometime, but now I can finally say that I have viewed the floats from the Rose Parade!

Yeah... sure.... thanks..... now I've got one more thing on my bucket list!!!

Seriously, thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea it was so intricate.

You look great in that dress!

Thanks! I have quite a few droid dresses like that, I'm a few pounds less than I was there now, so hopefully for my SWDAS Cruise it will fit even better.

The Kylo Ren photos are fabulous :teeth:

Thanks!

Yummy lunch at B & C. Those special fries sounded too good to pass up!

I really like poutine, but I was torn. I really wanted the burger and hot dog. They won in the end.

Glad your Yachtsman dinner was good. But too bizarre about the rude waitress at the bar. I did that once when I was a waitress, I wasn't aware the table in question was part of my section. Completely ignored the lady, who in turn complained to my boss... totally unintentional.

I figure it is a coping mechanism for busy servers. They put on invisible blinders so that they don't see what they don't want to.

Love that photo. Stare him down, girl!

:lmao: Thanks!

Here's another great one of the two of you!

Thank you, I liked that one too.

Didn't know that they had these on the menu. Guess Tom would love some of it. ::yes::

If I had a larger stomach I would have loved them too!

Someone looks happy! ;)

And even happier here. :rotfl2:

You can always make me happy with food!

The pool definitely IS sooooooooo cold when you get out of the hot tub. Even in the height of summer.

I'm glad that mine at home are separate cause right now our pool is cold!

Don't blame you - you had a lot of your agenda that day. :thumbsup2

It ended up being a long day.

Happy New Year Alison and Fran!! Hope the new year will hurry up and bring along the day you are cleared out of the old house sooner than later!

Thank you Magdalene! We are plugging along! Today we will be taking some things to electronic Recycling and Friday we moved a whole SUV load of stuff to storage.

Well, I certainly fell WAYYYY behind here, like everywhere else over the holidays. What a long few weeks it's been. But! I'm back now, and hopefully can stay caught up for a while.

I was all caught up over the holidays. Then I got back home and I still have one suitcase still to unpack! Every day at our house is so busy, kitties to feed, dishes to do, laundry needs to be washed, then putting it away, packages to open, packages to ship, cooking meals.... :faint:

It's a miracle I find time to get on here at all!

Sadly, the laws tend to favor renters, regardless if they are trashing your place while you try to get them out or not.

Yeah, that's why we have to stay on top of things. We have a jerk that we dealing with right now.

We had to give ours minimum 90 days, and KNOW there is illegal activity, let alone trash and crap all over the place; still, so hard to evict. Torques me off. But that's a discussion to be had in person.

I can understand it ticking you off. All ours are on a month to month tenancy, so if they screw up, they're getting notice.

And that's not a fun one to have to deal with. Ours went out last year and it was pretty darned pricey. Not to mention inconvenient.

Yeah, well I still don't have hot water in the kitchen. :sad2:

Mmmm.... this sounds like a vacation kind of meal to me. March is coooooming....!

Six weeks from now I get to have Beach at Palo! :banana:

Friendly insults are my specialty. I think I'd fit right in. I"m glad you have a fun community to rib each other in. :)

Funny, we were talking about the preshow at RnRC....

We are quite a bunch, no? LOL!

YUUUUS! This means more trips sooner than later!

Well we still have a fair amount left to do, but every time I go over there, less stuff is in there.

The travesty! I"m shocked and disappointed, Alison. ;)

:rotfl2:

Ok, in all seriousness, it will be so great to have that back in order. Glad you found someone who can make this move for you and help you get it set up.

They're the ones who helped with our initial move 2 1/2 years ago. It's just taken us this long to get it together to finally clear out the living room enough to get the wine cabinet out of there.

Awwww, these two pix are so nice! Especially this ^ one.

Thanks!

I"m going to have to follow your lead and get me one of these when I see you!

We'll get a cool version of it!

I will be sad to see ToT go but what you say makes sense. It will be interesting to see the Guardian of the Galaxy ride in Disneyland.

I'm really curious what they will do. Evidently the ride itself will be the same, just new theme.

He put it down in front of you and then it stuck? Suction cup? Cute dress!

Actually there was no bartender, the glass was just stuck to the bar as a prop.

Wow you are so brave! I need to watch all the Star War movies before I go in March. I don't know who any of these characters are! :sad2:

We watched them all a couple years ago before we did Star Wars Weekends, so we're good. I might not mind watching them again, but there are so many new movies I need to see as well.

Gravy on french fries? That sounds healthy! :goodvibes

I'm surprised that how close to Canada you are you haven't experienced poutine. Fries topped with gravy and cheese curds, it's quite yummy!

I really like the Beaches and Cream theme. Love that 50's art work. I would love to eat at the Yacht Club but it looks like it won't make the cut this next trip . But I am going to the Supercalifragilist breakfast at 1900 because of your trip reports. :)

What day are you doing the breakfast? As I remember our trips overlap, we should meet up and say "hi".

Hooray! Your long nightmare will finally be over!

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but it is getting closer....

Sounds like my arteries!:rotfl2:

Seriously, ew.

:crazy2:

I hope not. And I say that as someone who doesn't really enjoy the drops. But the theme and story and effects are just so well done, I'd hate to see them go away.

Well Magdalene has given us hope until 2018, but still, I don't see us getting back to WDW until then anyways.

Oh, the humanity! @pkondz is reading this after shoveling snow for 4 hours and getting ready to have a breakdown.

Yeah, I guess I can't really complain that it's only going to reach 58° for the high today.

Good work on the second try!

It does help when you know where the camera locations are at. I have the down pat at Disneyland. Not so much here!

:sad2: I don't believe you, because that scene doesn't actually exist.

Come back to Disneyland, we can ride it over and over until you get the Vader Scene!

That's cool. My strategy was to take my daughter on it once so she could see for herself that we never needed to ride it again. :rotfl:

Yeah that would be a guy strategy....but then again a teenager doesn't necessarily appreciate the slow moving rides so much. When you get in the old folks range like me, those rides are more appreciated.

:rotfl2: These are great!

Thanks!

Bacon cheese fries? Yes, please!

Sounds pretty good to me right now!

Those things are just unreal.

I'd never order one though. Too many weird flavor combinations. If we had a bunch of people, I might try the chocolate lovers kitchen sink, but even that is over the top!

She looks very relaxed, though!:rotfl:

:laughing:

Yeah, that is an odd move. I can't imagine she came out ahead on that one.

I didn't bother to ask, but they got a week at the Beach Club.

Nice work on the meet!

Thanks!

Ok I seriously laughed out loud at your meet up pics lol - you were looking just us tough as he was!

I'm glad it gave you a laugh.

Funny Kylo story-

That is pretty funny, but then again, now that I live in an area where folks "bus their kids in" I'm not sure how really funny it is.

I love the photopass pics - you both look so happy, I love Fran's smile so much!

When she finally gets into it, she has a good time.

Sounds like such a fun day. Love the R2 dress and the Jawa and Kylo photos.

Thanks!

Yum Beaches and Cream! Your lunch and sundae look great. I love the VBC as a resort but SAB I don't get the hype. Maybe I was expecting this grand lazy river. I could not get over how small it was. In Europe the hotels have really large lazy rivers and water slides etc. Dubai and places even have motors on the uphill portions on wet and wild type scale. They are almost hotels with water parks. Folks book hotels based on how good the pool is.

That's interesting to know. I always have thought that the inner tubes are too large and over inflated to really enjoy it. I would like something a little less buoyant so you could enjoy the water a little more.

How nice to meet Vinnie and Mr Vinne for drinks.

Actually to me it was Scott and Mr. Scott!

I have heard the Yatchtman is good. That steak looks divine plus the sides you selected. Lovely ohotis if you both together today.

Thanks! I really enjoyed the Yachtsman. I won't go there every time, but it does deserve a return visit every few years.

What????? What the heck! You don't see me dawdling with replies! Sheesh!!

um....

er...........

:rolleyes1

How big was that thing! Volkswagen Beetle big?
And what did you do with it?

Well sort of. If you sliced the car in half from front to back, it was about as big as a Volkswagen Beetle. Maybe a tad bit shorter, but it took up most of the wall in the room we call "the office".

Cool. If I had a phone that could use it... I'd consider it.

It's still on my list to link the phone to it.

From the ceiling, right?

hardly.

This is what the garage looked like when we made the offer on the house.

These pictures are once the place was ours, but we hadn't moved in yet since the contractor was working on it. I can tell by his tool box in the picture.

Well... who puts a mirror in the garage???

Someone vain? :confused3

:faint: OMG!!!!! I'm shocked you weren't arrested!

:rotfl2:

Your dedication is remarkable.
Truly.

I'm glad you appreciate it.

That's it?

Boring! I want a dead raccoon in there or something!

Yeah, I thought it would be a rat. The raccoons around here are HUGE. I knew one would never fit inside a pipe.

So you typically do not maintain a moderate level of personal hygiene.

These are good things to know before we meet.

I typically do maintain a moderate level of personal hygiene, sometimes even a superior level. I also keep myself, Fran and the cats fed. However at home, in addition to personal hygiene and food, this is an example of my "todo" list for today. Some things keep getting pushed forward into the next day. Again and again.

Sunday, January 8, 2017
  • Feed Cats
  • Coffee
  • Breakfast
  • Take Day Pills
  • Update Wine Cellar Map
  • Unload Dishwasher
  • Take Prime Rib out of refrigerator
  • Take E-waste to K-mart
  • Put Garlic in Prime Rib
  • Par cook prime rib
  • Hang/Fold white Laundry
  • Put away white laundry
  • Flea Pepper
  • Flea Alto
  • Get Ring doorbell online
  • Open red suitcase
  • Hang red suitcase clothes
  • Hang/fold colored laundry
  • Put away red suitcase items
  • Put toilet seat in Olga’s bathroom
  • Change toilet seat in potty room
  • Mail contest prizes
  • Write DeSoto painting letter
  • Put away bottled sodas
  • Go to Costco
  • Unload car
  • Sort band music
  • Load/Run Dishwasher
  • Second cook prime rib
  • Make Yorkshire pudding
  • Cut green beans
  • Cook Green beans
  • Dinner
  • Feed Cats
  • Take Night Pills

For you... that's not bad.

At least on vacation.

You eat the strangest breakfasts, Alison.

Why is that strange? I have that almost every day at home. :confused3

So... did you skip Swolphin then?

Nope. Still went there and they let a few people on.

Man. I really, really hope you're wrong.

So do I.

I remember you saying that. Man... how much could those royalties be? You make tons Disney! Don't ruin a great ride!

Well if you saw Magdalene's post at the top of the previous page, she has good information and thinks it's at least safe until 2018. But no one knows. They took out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to replace it with Winnie the Pooh.

Uh, huh. Terrible. Yup.

Sorry.....

As soon as it comes up after that first drop, it seems.

Yeah, when that flash went off, I was like, "Yup, I just missed it."

And ya done good!! :)

Thanks!

BTW, I love the little kid in the front row hanging on for dear life. :laughing:

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. That's hilarious!

Cool! Didn't know that happened.

Have you been on it enough times to see all the scenes? That is my favorite ending scene.

That sounds like a wonderful reason to do it to me.

:goodvibes

Sorry. Had to Google.
But... yeah. Seen his work.

He is quite renowned in the gay community.

Loved them from way back when you couldn't write "Dick Van Dyke" on the DIS.

Yeah, I remember you had to type it VanDyke.

Just once. Just once could I get the other scene?

I didn't know there was another scene.

Nice capture.
Actually, a lot of your photos on this ride are pretty darned impressive.

Thanks! :)

Ever wonder who's male body they robbed for her likeness?

Never thought of it that way. She always looked like a young boy to me.

And I'll be commenting on that one shortly!

Hopefully I'll be replying to those comments soon!

Well sort of. If you sliced the car in half from front to back, it was about as big as a Volkswagen Beetle. Maybe a tad bit shorter, but it took up most of the wall in the room we call "the office".

Man... that's huge!
So... I presume you sold it to Disney and they're using it as an anchor for their biggest ship now?

This is what the garage looked like when we made the offer on the house.

Not a car person I take it.
How many people did they have as members in their gym??? Holy crap!

Nice car! What is it?
(Although I'm sure you've said before. Sorry. Don't remember.)

Someone vain? :confused3

Ding!

Yeah, I thought it would be a rat. The raccoons around here are HUGE. I knew one would never fit inside a pipe.

Stuff a raccoon up there! I wanna see it!

this is an example of my "todo" list for today.

Looks pretty familiar.

• Flea Pepper
  • Flea Alto

OMG! Why do you want to give fleas to Pepper and Alto?!?!? What kind of a monster are you????

Hang/fold colored laundry

That's "African American".

You're welcome.

Why is that strange? I have that almost every day at home. :confused3

I don't know anyone else that eats anything like that.
It's the V8 that throws me.
That's never struck me as a breakfast kind of drink.

don't know why not. but there it is.

Well if you saw Magdalene's post at the top of the previous page, she has good information and thinks it's at least safe until 2018. But no one knows. They took out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to replace it with Winnie the Pooh.

True... but that wasn't a royalty thing, was it?
Or was it?

Yeah, when that flash went off, I was like, "Yup, I just missed it."

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. That's hilarious!

:laughing: ::yes::

Have you been on it enough times to see all the scenes? That is my favorite ending scene.

Nope! I think I've been on it... 4 times since the refurb?

He is quite renowned in the gay community.

had no idea.

I didn't know there was another scene.

Apparently sometimes you get the cowboy scene if you're in the second car.

Never thought of it that way. She always looked like a young boy to me.

But that 'body' is pretty darned stocky, wouldn't you say?

As a kid we would usually watch the Rose Parade on TV. I can't say I've watched it in while...but if I think of Pasadena that's what I think of. (Well, that and the "Little Old Lady From..." thanks to the Beach Boys.) I've always wanted to see the parade, but I doubt it'll ever happen. (Not really high on my bucket list.)

I'm surprised you even did it once.

Well we had actually been working together since before Christmas and it was one day when both the tenants weren't working, so it did work out for them.

So... everything from the 80s and earlier is okay.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of things like the show, "Stan Against Evil". The effects are so bad that you know they're fake.

I'm good! I still have all 11 fingers!

Well that's a relief

And I've never gone out for Japanese but have for cheese. Not shabu shabu, though. I think that's just water? Mine is with a tomato based broth or soup.
Love it.

So you do a meat fondue with a court boullion?

Yes shabu shabu is just water, but when Fran and I eat it we end up with a very nice soup at the end of the meal. Pretty much anything that we get served goes into that pot, well not her Diet Coke, but a dash of sake, some of our dipping sauces, the garlic, green onions, and grated radish. If the place serves sushi or tempura, some of those sauces go in as well. The local shabu shabu places closed, I guess I didn't go there enough. Now we either have to try a new one out in Cerritos or go back to the one in Huntington Beach.

Good for you.

I would consider lodging a complaint with Human Rights..... or is it Alien Rights there?

I would think that it would be the Empire, but then again Tatooine was pretty much the wild west so not sure there even was a governing body.....

:laughing: That's funny! What did Fran think of that?

She chuckled.

I so love this picture of you.

Well it was either shrink down and cower or puff up. If I had a tail it would have looked like a bottle brush tree.

But this one is hilarious! Go Alison! Use the Force!

I'm trying.

Hey! There's Fran! I was starting to think you were making her up!

I couldn't make this stuff up.

Cute shot!

Thanks! :goodvibes

No, no, no! That's the best time to go!

You get in and sidle up to someone and say "How long did you wait in line?"
"Two and a half hours."
"Huh. I know. It's terrible. I already waited a good five minutes myself."

And then watch their head explode.

See I don't revel in rubbing folks noses in that sort of thing.....

What is that?

It's a Venti Iced Coffee with Whole Milk and four pumps of Classic syrup.

Your timing today is spot on!

One of very few days.

Oh, well... probably would've waited 30 minutes then.

Probably, but we would have eaten earlier then we did.

Gotta leave room for the good stuff.

I'll have one of each please. Thanks.

I wanted those, but I wanted something in a bun more.

Those things do get ordered a lot.
But I liked what I had just fine.

Personally they sound gross to me. Just too many flavors touching and co-mingling, I prefer to stay within one family like chocolate, caramel and vanilla....

Excellent shot!!!

Yeah, he was so excited when they put that dish down in front of him.

I watched with great interest how they make their burgers.
I was very pleased to see nary a frozen patty anywhere.

That's good to know.

Oh God. All your food photos are absolutely killing me.
I'm going in for a procedure tomorrow that requires me to fast.

THIS IS NOT HELPING!!

I know how you felt. Do you remember us having a similar discussion about six months ago when I couldn't eat? Except you only got it from one end. They figured since I was knocked out, I got the double whammy!

But... you do look adorbs there. Just sayin'. :)

Awww... such a cute couple. Look at those smiles!

Thanks! :)

Middle of the day and people are at the parks?

But on other days in the middle of the day I've seen it where there are no loungers available at all. Hardly anyone was there.

Somehow I didn't think you'd post one of you like that.

Besides it would be hard for me to take it from that position.

::yes:: Love hot tubs.

I very much enjoy my own at home. The only reason I went to the one at the pool was that my tub in the room did not have a jacuzzi.

I have no idea if that's good or bad. Care to explain?

Well, I don't know a ton about RCI as I have never transferred my points into there. Most people say that the best use of DVC points is at a DVC resort. I can say that is the only way I've used them, except when having to trade out to stay at a Disney hotel. Mostly I've done it in CA because I have "use 'em or lose 'em" points and we don't have the chance to go to Florida.

From what I know of RCI you can either book a short week (weekend) or full week. There is a $95 trade out fee, and it is a set number of DVC points to trade out for either the short or full week, I would imagine it's double for the full week. As I said I've never looked into it. I'm not sure if the resorts are tiered, some cost more, or if they are all one flat rate. From what other members have told me, you select the resort and the time period, and submit it. Then you pray it comes through in time. Some people have had great luck, others ended up having to scramble for another hotel because it never came through.

If I have "extra" points I'm not using, I rent them out. That way I get cash for whatever I want to do instead of use my points. I know that using points for a cruise is a bad use of points. You can pay for a cruise for two by renting the number of points it takes to book a cruise for one.

Hello!!!! Thanks Alison! You know how to make me happy! :laughing:

:thumbsup2

I had it on my list to visit there last trip, but.... well, it just never quite happened.

And apparently, it wasn't going to happen for you this trip either.

Really? What's with that?
No tip for you.

No order for her either!

That's the best.
I'm really looking forward to our meet in March! :goodvibes

Me too!

Even after that ice cream? How much later was this?

It was almost six hours later. Plus I didn't eat all that much Ice Cream. I said I had eaten enough and excused myself to the restroom, and Fran took me seriously, the whole thing was finished!

Oh, no. You're going to post more food photos aren't you?

Love French Onion soup...... gah! I'm hungry.

Yes, I know the feeling.

Well, you already had ice cream.

True.

No surprise. You'd had a long day.

Yes I was up early and up late, with no nap.

What a nice picture! Are my eyes tricking me or is that a necklace of mickey heads or even perhaps an embroidered part of the outfit? It is so cool!

It's not embroidery, this might be a better picture of me in it. Hmmmmm....seems I wear this shirt to steakhouses a lot! They are rhinestones in the pattern of Mickey.

That is so cool that you got to see the Tournament of Roses Parade floats. The parade itself is on my bucket list. I normally watch it every year but unfortunately missed it this year. The Outback Bowl & the NHL Winter Classic were on at the same time so we were on our way to one of our favorite sports bars that we knew would show both games on the TVs.

The floats are just so amazing. Just think they are already starting on next year's!

Went back and did another read through just for kicks and giggles.

And I still have to visit your TR and comment on your latest update.

Ewwww! No wonder things were moving slowly. Yikes!

Slowly? They weren't moving at all. All the discharge was coming out the overflow valve!

:lmao: I really hope in March I can wear my (Oregon) summer clothes.

I bet you'll be able to. A couple years ago it was 95 degrees in March.

Man that looks good!

It sure was!

I have replied to you on my pre-trip report.

Your threads are also somehwere that I need to be catching up before I can post my next update.

That sounds very promising indeed.

We just need to keep going over there consistently. Which could prove problematic as they are predicting rain on and off for the next 10 days.

Yes, the 25th anniversary celebration will start at the end of March.

It would have been nice to see it. If they do it for 18 months or more like the 60th, maybe we could make it there in 2018.....

Well we had actually been working together since before Christmas and it was one day when both the tenants weren't working, so it did work out for them.

Ah. Well, that makes sense, then.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of things like the show, "Stan Against Evil". The effects are so bad that you know they're fake.

Stan Against Evil? Never heard of it.
I don't think we have that channel.

Well that's a relief

Lost a thumb, though.

So you do a meat fondue with a court boullion?

Meat, chicken, shrimp usually.

Pretty much anything that we get served goes into that pot, well not her Diet Coke,

but a dash of sake, some of our dipping sauces, the garlic, green onions, and grated radish. If the place serves sushi or tempura, some of those sauces go in as well.

sounds delish!

I would think that it would be the Empire, but then again Tatooine was pretty much the wild west so not sure there even was a governing body.....

Good point. I'd probably skip complaining to the Empire, though. Just saying.

Well it was either shrink down and cower or puff up. If I had a tail it would have looked like a bottle brush tree.

:lmao: Just got that picture in my mind! You do know I Photoshop, right????

I couldn't make this stuff up.

No... I suppose not.

See I don't revel in rubbing folks noses in that sort of thing.....

Oh, it's so they have good TRs later! I'm helping them!

(ok, IRL I don't do that. I usually avoid eye contact... and yet "People! You can do this too! Fastpass is not complicated! Single rider lines are not complicated!"

It's a Venti Iced Coffee with Whole Milk and four pumps of Classic syrup.

Ah. I'll pass then. pkondz is not a coffee drinker. Hot or cold.

I wanted those, but I wanted something in a bun more.

Sometimes ya just gotta satisfy those cravings.

Personally they sound gross to me. Just too many flavors touching and co-mingling, I prefer to stay within one family like chocolate, caramel and vanilla....

I'd order one... just to say I did.
But I much preferred the two things I've had there. The No Way José was especially good.

I know how you felt. Do you remember us having a similar discussion about six months ago when I couldn't eat? Except you only got it from one end. They figured since I was knocked out, I got the double whammy!

::yes:: I remember it quite well.
I was actually surprised that my throat didn't bother me afterwards. It is a bit now, though... 2 days later. Go figure.

Besides it would be hard for me to take it from that position.

So many jokes..........

I very much enjoy my own at home. The only reason I went to the one at the pool was that my tub in the room did not have a jacuzzi.

Well, there ya go.
Is your Jacuzzi water jet or air jet?

Well, I don't know a ton about RCI as I have never transferred my points into there. Most people say that the best use of DVC points is at a DVC resort. I can say that is the only way I've used them, except when having to trade out to stay at a Disney hotel. Mostly I've done it in CA because I have "use 'em or lose 'em" points and we don't have the chance to go to Florida.

From what I know of RCI you can either book a short week (weekend) or full week. There is a $95 trade out fee, and it is a set number of DVC points to trade out for either the short or full week, I would imagine it's double for the full week. As I said I've never looked into it. I'm not sure if the resorts are tiered, some cost more, or if they are all one flat rate. From what other members have told me, you select the resort and the time period, and submit it. Then you pray it comes through in time. Some people have had great luck, others ended up having to scramble for another hotel because it never came through.

If I have "extra" points I'm not using, I rent them out. That way I get cash for whatever I want to do instead of use my points. I know that using points for a cruise is a bad use of points. You can pay for a cruise for two by renting the number of points it takes to book a cruise for one.

I was right with you! All the way up to "Well, I don't know a ton about RCI".
After that you lost me.

Oh

It was almost six hours later. Plus I didn't eat all that much Ice Cream. I said I had eaten enough and excused myself to the restroom, and Fran took me seriously, the whole thing was finished!

Oh, well, that's plenty of time to be hungry again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter