Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

Oh my about the clogged dishwasher, but excellent that you didn't have to buy a new one.

Day 4 sounded fabulous. Well done for getting up early and getting to RNRC. I haven't done that one in years.

Lunch looked fabulous. Glad you could stay in and sleep without feeling the need to be in the parks. That's what vacation is all about!

Well, ours have until next month to vacate. Too many violations and they're pigs. Buh-bye.

Yeah, if our tenants show any sign of oinking, they're out of there!

I really need to find a repair shop place to come and re-boot ours. Needs to be drained and reconditioned so we can enjoy it again. Winter hot tubbing is the BEST!!!

Yeah, our heater broke down about two weeks ago, but it should be all fixed by the time we get back home.

Ok, I'll give you fixing. What would you call doing eggs benedict. (I'm REALLY craving that lately!)

That's "making breakfast", I haven't made Eggs Benedict in probably 20 years. Always order it out now.

OH! Well, that's not ok.

Nah, the insults are mostly among the band members and towards the manager. It's all in good fun.

A fine one to channel.

:thumbsup2

Yes, I do remember this discussion. You and Fran were the final judges on that issue. Good thing you were on my side, too!

And I appreciate your support. Wait.... that sounds like you're encouraging debauchery. Hmm....

Yes, always encouraging debauchery!

I'm in! I have had the worst week, but your trip reports have put a huge smile on my face. This is the 3rd one I have read this week. Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

:welcome: I'm updating a lot more slowly than I like, but hopefully this week while I'm away from home, I'll have more free time.

I will consider that when the next time I am in LB.

Those are nice pics of you on RnRC. It has been a long a while since I have been in Monsieur Paul or formerly Bistro de Paris restaurant. The lunch looked really good and fancy. I would say all those drinks were good even though I don't drink.

Thanks Bret. I haven't been to Monsieur Paul since it changed from Bistro de Paris except for F&W events. I hope to enjoy it someday!

Good! Save a few $$$.

Always! Especially with the way that we spend!

Reminds me of something that happened here.
We had some mice get into the garage so we set traps. Caught them, too.
But one day, Ruby came home and there was a mouse. Not sure what exactly happened now (this was 2-3 years ago) but somehow this mouse wasn't killed by the trap and it escaped onto the street. Ruby was screaming because here's this mouse, trying to get away and yet she didn't know what to do about it. Some guy who was working across the street came over with a shovel and took care of it.

I would've paid good money to have seen Ruby jumping around screaming in the middle of the street.

I would be right there with Ruby! I'm not as afraid of mice as I am of moths, cockroaches and other creepy crawlies.

Any luck yet?

I showed it once so far. But nobody wants to move in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I took the sign down before we left for my folks. I don't want people calling if I'm not going to be there to show it.

::yes:: It'll get done. A little at a time.

Hopefully in the next month more will get done than not!

I do recall you warning me about that.

::yes:: weekends can be brutal.

You were? Awww... all bright and sunshiny?

Always! :teeth:

I've noticed, miss wake up at 4am girl.

I blame it on the old age.

Not that odd. Ruby does the same thing.

OK. good.

Huh. Odd. TVs are usually pretty dependable these days.

I think it was the Satellite signal.

Good timing.

Ugh. Well, that sucks.

Yay! I caught the boat. :crowded:

Totally get it.

Too hard to document when you're running.

And the other half went to One Man's Dream. Of course.

:rolleyes1

:lmao: Great shot Alison!

Thanks! You inspired that one!

Nice timing. So nice not to wait.

Had Fran come with me, I could have used her MB too!

That's it???? Wow. That was quick. Who goes to a park and only rides one ride and then leaves?

ahem

:rolleyes1

I did ride it twice!

I saw a boat doing that. Guess the waterway would get clogged if they didn't.

I guess so....you don't see people in the desert trimming the cactus so it was a little foreign to me.

Really! That's one tough little place to get into.

I'm guessing someone canceled it that morning to avoid the $10pp fee.

That's a thing? Huh.
I've never seen an episode.
Want to, though. I'll have to either get the DVD or hope it shows up on Netflix.

I've never sat down and watched it. In our old house there was a wall between the kitchen and the living room. She would watch it and I could hear it, but I never watched it. Once we moved into the new house the kitchen and family room are one in the same and I can see everything that goes on with the TV. At that point, I asked her to watch that show only when I wasn't in the room. I don't care for the foul language, but even worse, the way that they graphically kill people on camera is sort of gross.

However, since we are going to the concert, I thought perhaps I should maybe watch the first season or so. I almost freaked out that it was going to be one of the days when you are here, but it's March 23rd, the night before you plan on leaving Canada (or maybe).

Cute pic of you guys. :)

Thanks!

What the heck are those? Eggs?

Garlic Bulbs.

You know it's not crowded when there's not a bum filling up every available space by that fountain.

True! Never thought of that, but you're right!

:laughing:
I'm looking forward to being 80 and getting away with everything.

I'm hoping that I make it to 80!

I'm weird (like I had to tell you that)

No, you certainly didn't have to tell me that! :rotfl:

I typically don't like cheese bread.

How can you not? That's one of the few ways that I still eat most bread. Garlic is the other way.

How was that? It looks interesting.

It was very good, the right balance of flavors all around, and the sauce made everything taste better.

So... if you had to pick one wine as a favourite, would it be red, white, rose? Sweet or dry?

My favorite is probably a Chenin Blanc in California terms or Vouvray in French terms. It's a fruity white wine, but not very common. Normally I end up drinking Chardonnay, unless we are having red meat, Barbeque, italian red sauce or a very hearty chicken dish, then I pick red.

Love Le Creuset. We got a fondue set as a wedding gift from my best man. Awesome. 26 years later and it still looks brand new. And yes. It's been used a fair bit.

We have just a plain ole Fondue set, I found it in my grandparents attic after they died, new in box. Must have been a gift in the 70s and they never got hip to it.

Every time I go to a good kitchen store, I always admire the Le Creuset merch. Never buy any though, since I don't think it would be much used.

I look at it as well, but it's so heavy and I already have a full set of individual crockery dishes (you know for onion soup, I also make a thing called breakfast pot pie).

I have All Clad for my pots and pans.

So do I!

Those we got in Primm, Nevada. That mall was a bit of a bust, but the Williams-Sonoma there was awesome.

Mine were also from Williams Sonoma, or Macy's :scratchin Can't remember, but you bet Fran got them on sale!

Odd you'd be foggy.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't imagine why I would be foggy? :scatchin

Are you sure? Was Fran keeping count for you?

Oh, no! I figured it out all by myself, using my fingers.

I can't imagine why.

It was all in the plan!

Really? That's... weird.

As I said earlier, I think the Satellite signal was down. Possibly Resortwide.

Don't know why, but that just really strikes me as cute.

It's just a simple little dinner.

Sorry it took so long to get to your update! But I did!

And I'm finally actually getting to yours.

Oh my about the clogged dishwasher, but excellent that you didn't have to buy a new one.

Day 4 sounded fabulous. Well done for getting up early and getting to RNRC. I haven't done that one in years.

Lunch looked fabulous. Glad you could stay in and sleep without feeling the need to be in the parks. That's what vacation is all about!

Yes, I was relieved that we didn't have to get another. It's going to take long enough to make back the money we put in for renovations this time around.

I love RnRC and like to try and ride it every time since we don't have one at DL/DCA.

It's been my turn for busy! If I haven't caught up on your TR, I'll be by in the next day or so as holidays in my family are not at all hectic. In fact when we spend them with my parents, it's pretty chill. Both of them are set in their ways and solitary routines (which can not be disrupted), so Fran gets lots of time to sleep, while I’ll be able to DIS until she gets all caught up on sleep. Then she’ll want to be out and about shopping and playing tourist.

At home we have been busy cleaning out clutter and doing other projects. Last Saturday we got a bit done at the old house, a load of stuff went to the thrift store and we went through a lot of stuff in the living room. It's actually starting to look like we'll get all our stuff out of there soon (meaning next couple months)! The Contractor was at our current house for the last few days working on a few projects, nothing major, he helped us remove and dispose of a large copier. Think 20th century technology, the size you would have in a large office which holds three sizes of paper and collates 20 documents. Earlier this year we got an estimate of $1300 to repair it. We could get a smaller, faster, WiFi enabled copier for less, so the biggest problem had been moving the thing! She got a bookcase mounted on the wall, and they “remounted” our main TV, so that now it swivels and we can reach the controls on the back, and people can watch without having to be seated directly in front of the TV. They put a couple safes into the walls, and installed one of those fancy doorbells that you can see who’s there from your phone.

They're also going to remove a giant mirror from the garage. The previous owner had a workout setup in there and I guess she liked to look at herself during her workouts, but Fran doesn't like it at all. Once the mirror is down we can finally move my giant wine cabinet to the new house! That will be great! For two years now, when my wine deliveries have arrived, instead of cataloging them and aging them properly, the bottles have gone directly into the “drink now” wine storage. Can you imagine that I have been drinking young wines that have not been sufficiently aged? :eek: It will require transporting hundreds of bottles of wine, that will be my job. The contractor and his guys will have to figure out how to get the cabinet to the new house. I suppose a U-haul truck will be involved. It will be nice to have some of these things taken care of and the wine cabinet gets us that much closer to our goal of being out of the old house!

Now on my last update a few of you mentioned that now you were curious about the cloggage in the dishwasher line. So I got brave mentioned it, “You really want to know?” He asked.

And here is where I sacrifice for you my readers, I cringed a little bit, and said, “Go ahead and tell me.”

Well I hate to say it, I have a far more zealous imagination than what actually transpired in the real world. There was no Remy, there was no Hal (Google Wall-E, I’ll wait). If you remember in the previous update I mentioned that most of the trash residue that I saw from the previous tenant was Pizza boxes, KFC buckets, and empty beer 12 pack boxes, he did not maintain the most healthy of diets. What they found was a glob of fat about the size of geoduck clam in the pipes!

So, back to more pleasant things, we're at my parents in San Jose for a while so I've got some free time! My only responsibility here is to keep myself (and others) fed while maintaining a moderate level of personal hygiene. So that's a change from everyday life! I hope to get caught up on the DIS while we’re here!

Back to the TR...

Day 5

I slept all the way until 6AM this morning. There wasn't time for a bath since we were going to hit rope drop. After getting dressed, I made Fran her sticky bun from the first night. I had a bowl of corn flakes, some V8, and coffee. Just before we left Fran called maintenance about the dryer. We left the room right at 8:15 and again we were doing the mad dash for the Friendship boat.

However we caught it before taking off, in fact the boat waited a few minutes and some more people boarded the boat. There was a big difference between Friday's boat and today. It was PACKED, and we hadn’t even gotten to the Swolphin!

Our plan today was to hit rope drop for me to ride ToT because I didn't have a FP. Since I don't know when we will be back, it is entirely possible that this ride here may be defunct when we return. We know the expiration date of DCA’s, but I truly believe that DHS’s ToT is on the brink of extinction as well, due to the fact that Disney must pay a royalty for the Twilight Zone franchise. They just need to wait until Star Wars land and Toy Story land open to shut this one down.

On the news the Floridians were saying that Fall had come and it was going to be frigidly cold. Don't you just love wimpy folks in sunshine states? We hit that point in Southern California about six weeks ago and really it's not that bad. A couple days after we got back from this trip, I left my house wearing a tank top in 61° weather and I didn't die. :lmao: Right now our highs don't even get out of the 60s! :eek:

I headed right off to ToT as soon as rope drop happened. The sign said there was a 5 minute wait and I didn't time it, but I was pretty much in the preshow just as soon as I entered the building.

I didn't know where the cameras were so I missed the shot.

The ride was fun and it was over too fast. Fran had barely made it to the gift shop when I got off and I wanted to give it another go since the line was so short and I wanted another shot at the photo.

After the second ride we decided to head over to Star Tours but we checked out a couple stores on the way. I found a new wallet that was much smaller than my daily wallet so I could use that wallet for my travel purse. When we got to Star Tours at 9:40 the standby wait was 10 mins but I went on first with my MB, I got Vader, the Force Awakens scene, and the Jar Jar Binks planet. I went on a second time at 10:15 with Fran's MB and the wait time was still 10 mins. I got the same three scenes but the ending of the jar jar binks scene was different than the last time. It was my favorite where the glass of our star speeder gets broken. I had never seen the first one I got before, and was annoyed that the glass didn't break. Thank goodness it broke on this time around.

By this time our FP+ for The Great Movie ride opened up. I know many would say that this is a waste of a tier 1 FP, but it's a ride Fran likes and it was more important to me to ride with her than do the headliners. I was able to sneak all but TSMM in on this trip using rope drop strategy and I can ride that at DCA.

So back to the Great Movie ride.

You gotta love Busby Berkeley

And Gene Kelly

Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke

Then comes the cheesy gangster scene.

"Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim."

I’ve got a bad feeling about this….

Look out Sigourney!

There it is! The ark of the covenant!

I got this! Just cover me here!

Maybe not.

Oh, look! There's Jane!

Here's looking at you kid.

We're off to see the Wizard!

In 2015 the ride supposedly received an update, but really all it was that TCM was added as a sponsor and some narration by Robert Osborne was added to the ride, so essentially it’s just a TCM commercial now.

Once the ride was over we still had almost three hours to our lunch so we decided to split a Mickey pretzel with cheese.

Next up: Some outta this world meets and down to earth grub.

Hi. Just want you to know that I'm still following along. I'm busy trying to keep my lead on Ponzi's contest.
Heading to my in-laws later today. It's three hours away so we'll be spending the night. Going to my mother's on Monday to go out to lunch with her. She's only about an hour away.
Have a great Chistmas!

In fact when we spend them with my parents, it's pretty chill. Both of them are set in their ways and solitary routines (which can not be disrupted), so Fran gets lots of time to sleep, while I’ll be able to DIS until she gets all caught up on sleep. Then she’ll want to be out and about shopping and playing tourist.

That actually sounds like a lovely way to spend Christmas.

Last Saturday we got a bit done at the old house, a load of stuff went to the thrift store and we went through a lot of stuff in the living room. It's actually starting to look like we'll get all our stuff out of there soon (meaning next couple months)!

That sounds very positive.

Earlier this year we got an estimate of $1300 to repair it. We could get a smaller, faster, WiFi enabled copier for less

That sounds like a no brainer.

What they found was a glob of fat about the size of geoduck clam in the pipes!

I am glad that it was not anything more sinister.

Our plan today was to hit rope drop for me to ride ToT because I didn't have a FP. Since I don't know when we will be back, it is entirely possible that this ride here may be defunct when we return.

One more reason for you to come to Disneyland Paris. I don't see this going anywhere soon over here. After all, if you have a park with only three headline rides, you cannot really afford to lose one of them.

I headed right off to ToT as soon as rope drop happened. The sign said there was a 5 minute wait and I didn't time it, but I was pretty much in the preshow just as soon as I entered the building.

That sound amazing.

hen we got to Star Tours at 9:40 the standby wait was 10 mins

That is also pretty sweet. I don't even want to think about what the wait times will be like at Disneyland Paris when this will finally reopen next year.

Corinna

Fun morning :) glad you caught the boat.

What is this about ToT changing? Its mom and my favorite ride!!!

I read they were taking out the GMR but CMs are no consistent with answers when we've asked.

I would be right there with Ruby! I'm not as afraid of mice as I am of moths, cockroaches and other creepy crawlies.

So... no chocolate covered grasshoppers for you then?

I showed it once so far. But nobody wants to move in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I took the sign down before we left for my folks. I don't want people calling if I'm not going to be there to show it.

Good point. Who wants to move now?

Hopefully in the next month more will get done than not!

Good luck!

:)

I blame it on the old age.

Nope. Can't be that. Must be something else.

I think it was the Satellite signal.

Oh! I thought you meant like the TV wouldn't even turn on.

Thanks! You inspired that one!

:goodvibes

I did ride it twice!

This is true.... hmmm..... okay! You get a pass.

I guess so....you don't see people in the desert trimming the cactus so it was a little foreign to me.

Desert is not a man-made construct.

I'm guessing someone canceled it that morning to avoid the $10pp fee.

Probably.

I've never sat down and watched it. In our old house there was a wall between the kitchen and the living room. She would watch it and I could hear it, but I never watched it. Once we moved into the new house the kitchen and family room are one in the same and I can see everything that goes on with the TV. At that point, I asked her to watch that show only when I wasn't in the room. I don't care for the foul language, but even worse, the way that they graphically kill people on camera is sort of gross.

However, since we are going to the concert, I thought perhaps I should maybe watch the first season or so. I almost freaked out that it was going to be one of the days when you are here, but it's March 23rd, the night before you plan on leaving Canada (or maybe).

Heard it was quite graphic. That (usually) doesn't bother me too much. With all the hype, I'd like to see it.

Garlic Bulbs.

D'oh! Of course! :sad2:

I'm hoping that I make it to 80!

Well, that's still 41 years away.

No, you certainly didn't have to tell me that! :rotfl:

:lmao:

How can you not? That's one of the few ways that I still eat most bread. Garlic is the other way.

Mmmm... garlic bread.

We have just a plain ole Fondue set, I found it in my grandparents attic after they died, new in box. Must have been a gift in the 70s and they never got hip to it.

That was the fate of a lot of fondue pots.
We've never put cheese in it though.
Always either Japanese (or is it Chinese? Whatever) or chocolate.

I look at it as well, but it's so heavy and I already have a full set of individual crockery dishes (you know for onion soup, I also make a thing called breakfast pot pie).

They are heavy. But... yeah. Need to get some for onion soup.

Aren't they awesome!?!?

Mine were also from Williams Sonoma, or Macy's :scratchin Can't remember, but you bet Fran got them on sale!

We did too! It was like a $400 set for $80. Couldn't believe it.

Atta girl.

I'll have to read the update later.
Trying (without much luck so far) to figure out flights.

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a good time with your parents. Sounds like you have been really busy around the house and rentals. Great to get that work done on your own house. Neat now that your TV swivels out. Plus your wine can mature as it should.

Oh my the dishwasher! On Christmas day folks pouring fat after cooking christmas dinner down the sink is such a drain blockage issue they call the ball of fat the turkeyberg lol. It even causes floods. They have issues warnings wait until the fat goes solid and throw it in the garbage! I can't believe folks have to be told this stuff.

I got Jo one of those bluetooth tiles in her stocking you were referring to. She is thrilled by it. Put it on her keys.

Your day looked good! It is a shame re ToT although I can't ride it I enjoy the theme when I did. They say it's getting a redo of Marvel theme Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved the movie but don't touch Tot as it is. Shame they lost the rights.

The great movie ride fun. Nice that you did it together. I can see why Fran likes it. Me also it is nice and accesible. No sharp turns.

Hi. Just want you to know that I'm still following along. I'm busy trying to keep my lead on Ponzi's contest.
Heading to my in-laws later today. It's three hours away so we'll be spending the night. Going to my mother's on Monday to go out to lunch with her. She's only about an hour away.
Have a great Chistmas!

Stay safe Carrie! I hope you have a great Christmas!

Sorry for being way behind on commenting, but I'm still here! Have a relaxing Christmas!

No problem! I think we're all behind here right now! Have a Merry Christmas!

That actually sounds like a lovely way to spend Christmas.

It is pretty nice, we just sort of sit around the house most of the day and prepare extravagant meals. The rest of the time everyone chills out on their electronics, books, or my mom watches the birds in her yard.

That sounds very positive.

It was progress, I just hope it continues.

That sounds like a no brainer.

Yeah, we got the copier for $300 back about 10 years ago. It served its purpose, but we couldn't put any more money into it.

I am glad that it was not anything more sinister.

Yeah, and the way that he said it at first REALLY got my imagination going!

One more reason for you to come to Disneyland Paris. I don't see this going anywhere soon over here. After all, if you have a park with only three headline rides, you cannot really afford to lose one of them.

True. Once we get Apt 1 cleaned out, I fully intend to start planning a trip to DLP and France. The hard part will be finding a TA who specializes in Handicapped Travelers. It seems to be harder than one might think.

That sound amazing.

It was pretty cool and I could have gone on it a few more times, but my Vertigo seems to start acting up after two rides, and I didn't want to push it since I still had Star Tours FP+

That is also pretty sweet. I don't even want to think about what the wait times will be like at Disneyland Paris when this will finally reopen next year.

How long has it been closed for?

Fun morning :) glad you caught the boat.

I would have hated to wait for boat after boat, after boat....you know what I mean?

What is this about ToT changing? Its mom and my favorite ride!!!

There is no official word, although I heard from a fairly reputable source (the same one who said years ago that there would be Star Wars on the cruise ships) that it was going to become Darth Vader's Castle. I also read this. It's an opinion piece, but it totally makes sense.

http://www.adamgoswick.com/disneylands-tower-of-terror-is-gone-and-thats-okay/

I read they were taking out the GMR but CMs are no consistent with answers when we've asked.

You never actually know anything until Disney announces it, but I remember when the CMs told me that they weren't going to be taking out the Studio Tour part of DHS.

Nice update, as usual. What you say about the ToT makes sense. Too bad, it's such a cool theme and blended so well with the Hollywood atmosphere.

Glad you had a nice Christmas with your parents.

It's actually starting to look like we'll get all our stuff out of there soon (meaning next couple months)!

That's great news! Must feel good to make progress.

Can you imagine that I have been drinking young wines that have not been sufficiently aged? :eek:

The horror!!

Blarg! That's why I yell at the hubby every time he dumps grease down the drain.

Since I don't know when we will be back, it is entirely possible that this ride here may be defunct when we return.

Watch your mouth, young lady!! That's my beloved ToT you're talking about!!

Fun update! I'm glad you got to ride ToT twice. Its just perfect the way it is and I believe you that WDW's version can't be far off from extinction.

I really like the GMR. Its slow but fun. Oz is my favorite part and I agree, the mob scene is so cheesy.

Glad you are all getting time to catch up on some rest at your folks' house.

So... no chocolate covered grasshoppers for you then?

No way, uhn-uh. :crazy2:

Good point. Who wants to move now?

Pretty much. I did sign a rental agreement on New Years Day once, but we have better luck once all the major stuff is behind us.

Nope. Can't be that. Must be something else.

I think it is...

Oh! I thought you meant like the TV wouldn't even turn on.

No, I should have been more specific. It was obvious that the TV came on, but there was still nothing on the screen and no sound.

This is true.... hmmm..... okay! You get a pass.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Heard it was quite graphic. That (usually) doesn't bother me too much. With all the hype, I'd like to see it.

Yeah, I don't like the graphic. I can only take it when I know it's fake and they do a cheesy job on purpose.

Well, that's still 41 years away.

Hardly, I think you need to get your math checked!

That was the fate of a lot of fondue pots.
We've never put cheese in it though.
Always either Japanese (or is it Chinese? Whatever) or chocolate.

Funny, I use mine for cheese mostly. We go out for Japanese (shabu shabu) and I have yet to try a Chinese Hot Pot, but it's been on my radar ever since I read about it in a cookbook.

They are heavy. But... yeah. Need to get some for onion soup.

I just have plain white ones that double as souffle dishes.

Aren't they awesome!?!?

::yes::

We did too! It was like a $400 set for $80. Couldn't believe it.

I've had mine so long I don't even remember how much and I have all kinds of extra pieces like the pasta cooker, one that I can make 15 gallons of spaghetti sauce, a saucier, love my All-Clad.

I'll have to read the update later.
Trying (without much luck so far) to figure out flights.

Well now that you've done that, you can come back and read the update!

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a good time with your parents. Sounds like you have been really busy around the house and rentals. Great to get that work done on your own house. Neat now that your TV swivels out. Plus your wine can mature as it should.

Thanks! We are always busy!

Oh my the dishwasher! On Christmas day folks pouring fat after cooking christmas dinner down the sink is such a drain blockage issue they call the ball of fat the turkeyberg lol. It even causes floods. They have issues warnings wait until the fat goes solid and throw it in the garbage! I can't believe folks have to be told this stuff.

I just hope that our tenants are not putting grease down their drains, but obviously this is something that they need to be told!

I got Jo one of those bluetooth tiles in her stocking you were referring to. She is thrilled by it. Put it on her keys.

I'm glad she likes it!

Your day looked good! It is a shame re ToT although I can't ride it I enjoy the theme when I did. They say it's getting a redo of Marvel theme Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved the movie but don't touch Tot as it is. Shame they lost the rights.

They didn't lose the rights, they are potentially getting tired of paying for a franchise that is lost on the younger generations.

The great movie ride fun. Nice that you did it together. I can see why Fran likes it. Me also it is nice and accesible. No sharp turns.

Exactly, she isn't good with fast rides, so whenever I can ride one that she likes I try to do it.

Yeah, if our tenants show any sign of oinking, they're out of there!
:rotfl:

Yes, always encouraging debauchery!
:thumbsup2

Good that you didn't also need the toes.....

They're also going to remove a giant mirror from the garage. The previous owner had a workout setup in there and I guess she liked to look at herself during her workouts, but Fran doesn't like it at all.
So much for always encouraging debauchery :rolleyes:

Getting rid of globs of fat is tough for me too.....:crazy2:

After getting dressed, I made Fran her sticky bun from the first night.
Not the same as tequila but You go girl! :o :rolleyes1

We left the room right at 8:15 and again we were doing the mad dash for the Friendship boat.

However we caught it before taking off,
Is that anything like flying across enough time zones that you arrive before you left :confused:

Our plan today was to hit rope drop for me to ride ToT because I didn't have a FP. Since I don't know when we will be back, it is entirely possible that this ride here may be defunct when we return. We know the expiration date of DCA’s, but I truly believe that DHS’s ToT is on the brink of extinction as well, due to the fact that Disney must pay a royalty for the Twilight Zone franchise
Noooo.....say it isn't so! Pat will NOT be happy! :headache:

We're off to see the Wizard!
Just follow the yellow brick road.....

Once the ride was over we still had almost three hours to our lunch so we decided to split a Mickey pretzel with cheese.
DHS has gone crazy with the cheese sauce with the Mickey pretzels. Pat was going to tell them to keep it but I figured since you pay for it anyway, I would at least eat a little....which was about all I could take anyway. Give me the jalapeño and cheese stuffed pretzels any day! ::yes::

Nice update, as usual. What you say about the ToT makes sense. Too bad, it's such a cool theme and blended so well with the Hollywood atmosphere.

Glad you had a nice Christmas with your parents.

It's not as though I like it, but I do believe that once Disney has enough attractions in DHS, that one will be rethemed. The article that I read Made sense that Millenials don't really recognize the Twilight Zone as it aired so long ago. They need something with mass appeal and they like things under their own brand, so I believe that it's days are numbered.

That's great news! Must feel good to make progress.

It's just that we make a little progress and then go weeks with none.

The horror!!

I know! That will be fixed soon I hope! Now we have room in the garage for the wine cabinet. All I need is to empty it out and the guys can move it over to the new house.

Blarg! That's why I yell at the hubby every time he dumps grease down the drain.

Why would anyone even dump grease down the drain?

Watch your mouth, young lady!! That's my beloved ToT you're talking about!!

Hey! I like the ride too, but that doesn't mean Disney consults me about what they want to update. They need to appeal to a wider audience and the young ones are not getting a steady diet of Twilight Zone.

Fun update! I'm glad you got to ride ToT twice. Its just perfect the way it is and I believe you that WDW's version can't be far off from extinction.

I know. Have you heard what the waits are at DCA right now? Someone posted 255 minutes the other day.

I really like the GMR. Its slow but fun. Oz is my favorite part and I agree, the mob scene is so cheesy.

Any ride I can do with Fran is fun!

Glad you are all getting time to catch up on some rest at your folks' house.

Yeah, we didn't do anything but eat and compute for the first three days, and then the fourth day we saw a movie and ate. The fifth day we tried to do some shopping, but I didn't find anything. It wasn't until the last day we got out and went to a museum. Yesterday we did more shopping and then drove home.

Good that you didn't also need the toes.....

I know, not sure if I can count that high!

So much for always encouraging debauchery :rolleyes:

I'm not sure working out in front of a mirror is classified as debauchery....

Getting rid of globs of fat is tough for me too.....:crazy2:

That's why I don't wash it down the sink....

Not the same as tequila but You go girl! :o :rolleyes1

Well, I can't do sugar, I'm better off with Tequila!

Is that anything like flying across enough time zones that you arrive before you left :confused:

I don't think time travel is involved at WDW.

Noooo.....say it isn't so! Pat will NOT be happy! :headache:

I have no inside information, but based on things I've read and the fact that California's ToT is closing in two days, I think the writing is on the wall.

Just follow the yellow brick road.....

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road!

DHS has gone crazy with the cheese sauce with the Mickey pretzels. Pat was going to tell them to keep it but I figured since you pay for it anyway, I would at least eat a little....which was about all I could take anyway. Give me the jalapeño and cheese stuffed pretzels any day! ::yes::

I can't do jalapeño :sad2:

We had just finished a few rides at DHS and split a Mickey Pretzel. Then we decided to head over to the Launch Bay and see if anything exciting was there. I tried to get a drink at the bar, but evidently the bartender wasn’t serving my kind. He paid a cruel joke on me and gave me a drink that stuck to the bar.

As we were walking around the bar, this Jawa stole Fran’s hat.

We decided to do the Chase Visa Meet and Greet. All the other lines were 20 minutes long, but we had hardly any wait to see Kylo Ren. I had heard that they did a real good job of keeping you from finding out who you would be meeting until the last moment and this was true!

Our meeting was awkward at best as I was not willing to be intimidated by his gaze.

Then we both posed for the camera.

After that we went to see RnRC and decide whether or not I should do the single rider line. On the way we took a few PP pictures.

As the regular line had a wait of 155 minutes, I decided to pass on the single rider line. I rode twice yesterday and I could always rope drop it again later in the week.

On the way out of the park I stopped for a beverage.

We stopped for a photo op on the way out and just barely caught another Friendship boat back to the BCV.

We still had 50 minutes until our reservation so we went back to the room, dropped off our packages and rested for about 15 minutes. In hindsight we should have just gone directly over to Beaches and Cream because we waited another 15-20 minutes to be seated. They took us to our table and we both ordered water.

The Menu

And then they were offering these specialty items while we were there.

And Adult beverages, but I did not partake this time.

We saw quite a few kitchen sinks delivered during our meal.

Fran got a burger and fries.

I got the hot dog with Sauerkraut and Onion Rings, and then we split both.

We ordered a milky way sundae for the two of us.

It was yummy!

Then we went back to the room.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

While we waited for our table at Beaches and Cream I was surprised at how empty Stormalong bay was. So I changed into my suit and cover up and came over to relax.

I did a once around on the lazy river and then I swam over to the jacuzzi. Not that’s not me laying in the inner tube!

The jets on this one weren't really working well either, but it was nice to sit in the warm water for a spell. I chatted with a gal who had redeemed her DVC points through RCI to stay at the BC. I thought it was an odd move, but hey, whatever works!

To get back to my stuff I had to swim back through two different pools and boy did they feel cold after the jacuzzi! I laid down on a lounger for a bit to drip dry before heading back to the room. I snapped this one for you @pkondz

The plan for the early evening was to meet Scott (former DISer) and his husband Vinny for drinks at the Abracadabar. He texted us that they were able to get a table outside, but that it was packed inside. We met them and sat down at the table. They mentioned that the waitress had walked past them three times. We considered going back to the Beach Club and Martha’s Vineyard (bar), and when the waitress walked past us without even a “hello” or anything we decided the other bar would be a much better idea.

We had no problem finding a table, and we learned that it was the kind of bar where you fetch your own drinks. No biggie, we could handle that. I had my regular Belvedere Gibson Up

Fran had a diet coke, Vinny had a Malbec and Scott had a margarita. We sat and chatted for about an hour, it was fun, kind of like old friends! We got another round, I switched to white wine and Scott got a Mai Tai.

Then Fran and I headed off to our reservation at the Yachtsman. Again we still had to wait about 20 minutes as they we so far behind. They were very apologetic, but I was really hungry by this point.

The Menu

We got bread and butter which was really good.

We decided to split everything since we already had leftovers in the fridge from the French Lunch. We split a French Onion soup, it was really good, but became rather salty.

Our waiter took our picture for us.

For our entree had the Rib Eye, but we substituted potatoes au gratin for the bone marrow and challah bread.

We also got a side order of creamed spinach and caramelized onions.

Everything was great! The steak was cooked to perfection, the potatoes were nice and cheesy, and the creamed spinach had a nice garlic flavor. We were stuffed. I did take some of my half of the steak home, and we passed on dessert.

Nothing sounded great and we didn't have room in our tummies either.

We headed back to the room via the Marketplace where we picked up a loaf of bread and a half gallon of milk. I was asleep in no time.

Glad to see that you had a nice day at DHS. I am not a big fan of ToT and haven't rode the DHS version but I was able to ride the ToT at DCA before it goes away. Nice that you were able to go on it at DHS and nice pictures when riding it. The GMR is another ride that I have to ride every time I am at DHS and you are able to get some nice pictures during your ride.

Very nice pictures with Kylo Ren during the M&G.

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop looks like a nice place to get lunch and the Kitchen Sink dessert looks really good for dessert. Yachtsman Steakhouse meal looks good.

Fun update!

Love the meeting with Kylo Ren, so great!

Both of your meals look wonderful but I cannot believe you substituted the marrow and challah for potatoes. :faint: I love marrow and challah. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter