• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel of Progress

I love CoP, and so does the rest of my family. I love going through time and seeing all the changes that have happened! I would be devastated if it were to close, I was so sad when it was closed during one of our trips :(

Our whole family got to see CoP twice on our Sept. trip. It thrilled me to share this attraction, always one of my favorites, with them. It has been closed every time we've been there recently bc we go in the slow season. My 16 yo has not seen it since he was 5. He was eager to see it again to compare it with his vague memory of CoP. We've been home for almost 3 weeks now and we are still singing that song: "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.............."

I love this ride but the seating area is in dire need of a refurb. It was musty smelling in there when we just went.

So they reopened the showcar that was disabled for the refurbishment...and you know what they did? They replaced the ceiling tiles. That's it. Soooo disappointed :(

I thought I read somewhere that COP was going to be open this fall. Is it true, would love to have it opened the 2nd week in Dec.

I heard that COP will be running January 1st. Its has been closed since October 1st.

COP was open during my visit from October 30-November 7. I rode it the first and last days.

well that is good.. I hope it won't be closed from December 1st thru the 11th.

Well, I was hoping to go next month and tape it. But we got hit with some unexpected bills and have to cancel. So if anyone is going who can tape the show, that would be great. I would like to have a copy of what ever you tape. This show has had its head so close to the chopping block for so long...I just don't know if I will be able to make it back to the park in time to see it before they finally shut it down. Though I hope that it will stay around for a good long time and gets a nice referb.

Heard a rumor that CoP is going to be refurbished early next year and that they're updating the last scene...but refurbs. tend to get pushed back pretty often.

thats good its getting updated... well.. wont they have to change the cast cause Jean Sheppard's gone.

They've replaced the wallpaper in all the show cars and made a few minor changes in the show scenes...like the dishes in the dishwasher in the 40s and the Christmas tree in the last scene...no idea why they decided to do that...but it's fun to go through and pick out what's new :)

I was on the other night, and did not notice anything obviously different, but then again, I may not have been too observant!!!! LOL!

:duck:
-sts- said:
Hey Tom. did u go on it? Is it different?

I had to ride it two times in order to notice the changes/improvements. Yes...new paint job and yes I noticed changes in the last scene. I think Dad got a new skin. I also noticed the dinning room chairs around the table being different.

I must study these changes further by comparing them to my video shot a couple of years back.

BUT what I noticed the most were the numbers of people on the ride. Definite improvement there. I was there at about 7PM. At least half of each theater was filled. EACH Theatre...not every other one!

I will report back once I had time to study the older video.

Thanks

Tom
www.carouselofprogress.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter