• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel of Progress

cool. okay Tom.. Do u have any videos of the COP when it opened in WDW?

Well I just returned from WDW. My two kids, 9 and 13 fell in love with the COP. In the course of the week, we went on that ride 6 times! I think they get a kick out of the concept of traveling thru time, even though its "forward-jumping" over the decades. I hope that ride doesn't close. It was new to me and it was new to them, too. It was also a great thing to do while the hopper tickets were maturing!

motnow said:
Well I just returned from WDW. My two kids, 9 and 13 fell in love with the COP. In the course of the week, we went on that ride 6 times! I think they get a kick out of the concept of traveling thru time, even though its "forward-jumping" over the decades. I hope that ride doesn't close. It was new to me and it was new to them, too. It was also a great thing to do while the hopper tickets were maturing!

It's really nice to hear from a first-timer who liked the attraction so much. I, too, hope we never lose that piece of the magic. Jean Shepherd's narration is amazing...my favorite part of the whole show ;)

Has anyone seen this ride open lately? I would love to ride it again when we go the first week of May. We always go in Sept. and it is always closed!!

Paging Mr. Morrow Mr. Tom Morrow -- My two ds loved this ride last year and would be crushed if they close it. We are planning a trip in Dec and they have already started the Mr. Tom Morrow talk.

We just got back last week and we went on this ride about 6 times. It was my girls favorite, so much we bought the Disney Soundtrack so they could listen to it at home.

db4huskers said:
Paging Mr. Morrow Mr. Tom Morrow -- My two ds loved this ride last year and would be crushed if they close it. We are planning a trip in Dec and they have already started the Mr. Tom Morrow talk.

That's TTA talk. :rotfl:

Now, "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Ahhhhhh, brings back the good times.....

COP is a family favorite.It's my DD's 2nd fave after RnR-go figure. I :love: :love: :love: :love: this ride.

We love Carousel of Progress!! Sometimes we skip Haunted Mansion. We may not wait in line for Space Mountain if it's too long. Sometimes we might not feel like getting wet on Splash Mountain. But we always go on COP (when it's open).

COP was open on our June 06 trip and my grandsons really liked the ride, and I was glad they got to do the ride for it closes for good. They may not have ever seen this had it not been for the demand. Just maybe it'll remain on the demand list for other to continue to enjoy.

My kids rode this at least 4 times when we were there in April. It is a nice break from the weather and crowds too.

We were on the CoP this past Saturday night! :banana: I was so thrilled to see it moving when I was on the TTA, I wanted to jump off and ride then and there! I am so happy it was open for us! :woohoo:

Anyone know if COP will be open for the first week in March? I would hate for my mom to miss it since it's one of her favorites too and she hasn't been to WDW since '94.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter