• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rentals in May

Any recommendations for a car rental on May 14? We want to rent a car to get from port to MCO. We're staying the night at the Hyatt so we want a car for that day. Thanks!

You guys keep me hopping - my rate for a midsize at the end of May is now down to $85. Many thanks once again. Caroline

Well, I went to cancel and rebook, but the rates for Alamo flying into W. Palm Beach went up again this morning. I guess I'll stick w/ my original rate of 111.00. It was $98 yesterday, but I thought it would still be that rate this morning. I'm renting a full size from 4/29 - 5/3. I was using 7014291 and coupon code AD5619JDV, since I'm not renting long enough for it to be considered a week long rental.

Well, skaliscik found me the awesome rate of $83 using the $40 coupon if I changed my times to 12 pm on the 29th and 12:30pm on the 3rd. I wanted to use a different credit card, so I waited until I got home and the rate went up to $126! Grrrr! Oh well, I'm locked in at $111, which isn't horrible, but $83 would have been sweet.

Just locked in with Alamo $64.19 for a compact .... May 4-9 from MCO !!

I usually like to go with National (yes, I know they are the same company); however, Alamo is currently $24 less than my National reservation.

My Alamo rate went down another $6 today. When I first reserved it the rate was at $184. It's been going lower and lower and today it's $114!! This is for 8 days renting from MCO and returning to TPA for a Midsize.

My Alamo rate went down another $6 today. When I first reserved it the rate was at $184. It's been going lower and lower and today it's $114!! This is for 8 days renting from MCO and returning to TPA for a Midsize.

I am considering changing my return flight to leave from Tampa instead of MCO. Do you mind sharing what codes you used for this one way rate. Part of the reason that I hadn't switched flights yet is that I couldn't find a reasonable car rental rate. Thanks!

Okay, I got our car thru Enterprise for 77 dollars for May 12-16 using the walmart code. I started at 95, so am happy with this. I have signed up for alerts, so will see what happens. Has anyone had any trouble with Enterprise? Thanks.

Would someone mind putting in the dates May 12-16 into Alamo with the insiders discount for me. If it is worth it I will join. If we pick-up at half past noon and return it at 9:30AM Would it make a difference if we put in pick up at 12:30 and drop off at 12:30 (but would drop it off at 9:30). Can you do this? I want to put it in my husbands name, and he is sleeping, and I don't want to go searching for his license and credit card. Do they charge you when you book, or when you pick up?

connie. i tried your dates and times and received an error msg "Minimum rental length conflict with coupon" when trying to use the insider $40 off coupon.

Thanks, I know it is free, I just do not have the time to look right now and fill it all out If I do it with all my info, would that be okay. I would not be using my credit card or driving the car, so wouldn't my husband have to have all is info in there, not mine?
How about using the weekend rate with 15 a day? Does it make a difference if it is a 3 day 21 hours or go with noon to noon and have it a full 4 days and just bring it back a few hours early.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! My May car rental dropped to under $100 with the Alamo 20% off and $40 Insiders coupon. :cool1:

Thanks, I know it is free, I just do not have the time to look right now and fill it all out If I do it with all my info, would that be okay. I would not be using my credit card or driving the car, so wouldn't my husband have to have all is info in there, not mine?
How about using the weekend rate with 15 a day? Does it make a difference if it is a 3 day 21 hours or go with noon to noon and have it a full 4 days and just bring it back a few hours early.

i'm working on it connie. i'll get right back to you.

==============================

oops. i just saw your post on the previous page for a 77 dollar enterprise.

==========================================

this is using i.d. / Corp I.D. = 7015393 from mousesavers

found a $25 coupon on mousesaveers. coupon is AD5691JDV

type of car = compact

Pickup:
Orlando Intl Airport (MCOT71)
Orlando
Orlando International Airport
Orlando , FL 32827
US
Thursday, May 12, 2011
12:30 PM

Dropoff:
Orlando Intl Airport (MCOT71)
Orlando
Orlando International Airport
Orlando , FL 32827
US
Monday, May 16, 2011
9:30 AM

Edit Trip Information
Estimated Total = $63.50 USD

I am considering changing my return flight to leave from Tampa instead of MCO. Do you mind sharing what codes you used for this one way rate. Part of the reason that I hadn't switched flights yet is that I couldn't find a reasonable car rental rate. Thanks!

I used my insiders ID number and the coupon code AD4027JDO. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter