• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

:rotfl: We were a bit frantic this morning. I was reasonably sure, I would get my ressie....but didn't want to be blind sided.

It's perfectly acceptable to order an appetizer and a dessert. Check out the menu. There are a few light items at lunch.

Bon Appetit!

Yay! thanks, just checked out the menu for lunch and they look great, just what we need really, they have sandwich options which will be nice but not too filling, or could try the french onion soup ;) I'm feeling much better now about the fiasco this morning!

This was my post earlier... anyone wanna give me any sympathy? :) It all turned out okay; another member of our party called through DVC and got Teppan Edo at 3:50 for the 30th. I probably could have gotten Chefs had I not been disconnected earlier today, but I'm just happy we got through. :)

You have my greatest sympathy... I was over the moon, booking my chefs ressie for the date and time I wanted, just giving my cc number... then..... the dreaded tone to telling me that I'd been cut off. I know exactly how heartbroken you must have felt, trying to get the cm to hear you after all that waiting. I'm glad you got a ressie in the end. Did you really want Chefs too?

Absolutely you can eat light at lunch. We have often made ADRs for soup and/or salad (usually a dessert too!) at different restaurants.

So glad you will still be visiting Remy's house!

aw thanks!

yes thats what I was meaning, just get a normal ressie for chefs at lunch time, is it ok to get an appetizer and a dessert or something like that if paying oop? might just have some cereal in the room before we set off in the morning to put us on till lunch time. what do you think?

I did check out normal ressies earlier and there was a lunch time free at chefs, so might just do that?

Yes! Get that lunch ADR and have a small breakfast in the room! Paying out of pocket, you're permitted to order whatever you like. An ap and dessert is totally enough to fill most people up, and you'll still get the full experience!

From what started out as tears of frustration this morning after thinking "I'll never get in," today has turned out wonderfully. I hope your trip is magical and sprinkled with pixie dust!

ETA: See what I get for not refreshing the page! You did go ahead and make the ADR, woohoo!

You have my greatest sympathy... I was over the moon, booking my chefs ressie for the date and time I wanted, just giving my cc number... then..... the dreaded tone to telling me that I'd been cut off. I know exactly how heartbroken you must have felt, trying to get the cm to hear you after all that waiting. I'm glad you got a ressie in the end. Did you really want Chefs too?

I've been seeing your posts all day and people reacting to it, so I know you can feel my pain! :hug:Yeah, we did, but we actually have a regular ressie for CdF at 6:30 that night, so I figured, worst case scenario, we'd use it and just be a walk-up to the show (though we'd lose an hour to 90 minutes waiting in line). My cousin called DVC later, however, and got us Teppan Edo, so it's all good! We might keep trying back as we get closer, but either way it's good.

I have checked my reservation for CP on the Disney page, but it doesn't say CP package. I thought last year when I went to Fantasmic, it did state it was a Fantasmic package. Should I be worried?

I have checked my reservation for CP on the Disney page, but it doesn't say CP package. I thought last year when I went to Fantasmic, it did state it was a Fantasmic package. Should I be worried?

Bertie, the same thing worried me this morning. But when I used the right side of that reservation page and clicked on "Is your reservation missing" (or some such wording) and filled in the required information it displayed the ADR as the Candle Processional Package etc. BTW, I just went back on to try to get the exact wording but that Disney site is not loading properly for me at the moment. :confused3

Mine didn't say it was a CP package, but I called to double check and the CM told me, yes I have a CP ressie.

Mine shows as a dinner reservation but no CP package.. don't have confirmation email either.. hmmm..maybe I will call back:confused:

There is no mention of CP on mine either...this is scaring me.

I called back for same reason and CM confirmed that it was associated with the CP Package in their system:).. I wrote down his name and will carry confirmation with us to be sure.. he confirmed it was in there though, just showing up as "dinner" on my reservation that I can see.

maybe computer overload

My mom called at 10am this morning and was on hold for about 30 mins. We were looking for a dinner ADR at Chefs on 12/11 for the 8:15pm show but all the dinner slots were already gone, they were also gone on 12/10 so we settled for a 3:50pm ADR at Chefs on 12/11 and the 6:45 show--4 adults :)

Well that was way more complicated than it shoudl have been! I tried at 6am on the dot central time and tried a few times but couldn't get through. My son had surgery this morning so we were on our way to the clinic so after the first couple tries I gave up since obviously I was in no position to be on hold! Once they made me go back to the waiting room I decided to try again, hoping it would keep my mind off things, this was probably 8:30 Orlando time, and still, I couldn't get through! I must have tried a couple hundred times! Once Jack's surgery was over he was obviously the focus of my attention so after we go home, got settled in watching Cars and having a snack, I called from my home phone and got right through, though I had to hold for 30 minutes (this was probably about 11:30 Orlando time). Once I got through though I got what I needed! We got a 1:50 Les Chefs for the first showing. We really would have preffered the second showing, but we have dinner ADR's for 7:45 both of our Epcot days, so there is no way we could eat a meal at 3 and again at 8. I was hoping it would be dark, but that's ok, at least we got something that didn't cause me to have to rearrange my schedule for that week, since it was all so perfect.:laughing:

As far as Jack's surgery- it went wonderfully! He had a hard tiem waking up after, but he is a heavy sleeper to begin with, plus he usually sleeps at least 10 hours a night and he had gotten woken up after only 6 or 7 hours so we could head to the surgery center while it was still dark! He seems to be recovering well though and they don't think he needs anything stronger than Children's Tylenol, which is nice! We won't have any results of the biopsy until next week. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate this DIS community, people are so caring and genuinely kind, it's realy heartwarming! :love:

I hope everyone got what they needed today, I know I did on both counts!:yay:

I'm glad things went smoothly with the surgery. I will keep praying for the results. I'm glad you got a ressie that worked too! :)

I called this morning about 9 am and waited about 35 minutes to make our Candlelight Processional dinner reservation for Teppan Edo on Dec. 12th at 4:10 for the 6:45 pm show. I can see the reservation along with all my other ADRs but there is no indication that this is a Candlelight Processional reservation. Is that how everyone's looks or is there indication that it is a package?

Thanks!

I noticed that mine doesn't say CP package either.

Mine shows as a dinner reservation but no CP package.. don't have confirmation email either.. hmmm..maybe I will call back:confused:

From what I've read, it doesn't show up on the list of all of your dining reservations. If you look up your CP reservation manually by entering the confirmation number and the phone number you gave them it should show up there. When I do that, the heading for my reservation starts with CAN Tier 3. I hope this helps! :)

As far as Jack's surgery- it went wonderfully! He had a hard tiem waking up after, but he is a heavy sleeper to begin with, plus he usually sleeps at least 10 hours a night and he had gotten woken up after only 6 or 7 hours so we could head to the surgery center while it was still dark! He seems to be recovering well though and they don't think he needs anything stronger than Children's Tylenol, which is nice! We won't have any results of the biopsy until next week. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate this DIS community, people are so caring and genuinely kind, it's realy heartwarming! :love:
:flower3: I am so happy that the surgery went well. I hope he recovers quickly and you get great news on the pathology. :flower3: I'm also really happy you got your CLP. :goodvibes We decided to take a chance and try to get in without a package. I sure hope we didn't make a mistake. :guilty: I'll just stand at the back if I have to. :thumbsup2

I hope everyone got what they needed today, I know I did on both counts!:yay:

Sending you many prayers for Jack and your family!! I'm so glad that everything went well and you also got the package you wanted :)

I am not a morning person AT ALL - but got up at 5:40 am cst to start calling. Started calling at 5:59-6:00ish on the dot, but got a busy signal, all circuits busy, or not even a dial tone (??) for the first 10-12 minutes. I think I hit redial like every 10-15 seconds, lol...felt like a stalker on steriods :sad2:

Finally got on hold around 6:12-15 (lost track because I was making the kids lunches and breakfast). Got the 30 minutes+ message. Finally got a CM around 6:57am...

We got LC for Trace at 2:20pm for the 5pm show. We were hoping for 1:45, but 2:20 was the earliest. We are totally ok with the time though - just happy to have it booked :lovestruc

Only problem - my cast member did NOT ask me kids vs adults - never even mentioned it. Just asked me how many. Sure enough, I pulled it up online and it shows 4 adults. Sigh. We need 2 adults, 2 kids. I don't see how that can be a big deal unless we don't show, right? it's still 4 at the table...?????

Wow, I thought that I'd had a rough morning, but after reading what some others went through, I didn't do too bad!

After weeks of calling every day before they'd announced a date (including calling every day from my tent when I was at Boy Scout camp with my son!), I was all ready today to make the call. I had two cordless phones ready and started calling at 6:59 a.m. EDT.

I got a few "we're currently closed" messages, then at 7:00:10 I got the first busy signal. I only had to redial twice before I got the chime at about 7:00:40. I quickly went through the prompts before getting the hold music. (I didn't fully listen to the questions, and spent the whole wait time worrying that I'd accidentally answered "Yes" to the question about being in the Orlando area, and if they'd tell me to call back if I ended up in the wrong telephone queue.)

I never got a message about how long the hold time was. At about 7:30 a.m., a CM picked up.

...I almost screamed, though, when the castmember asked me for my hotel reservation number (huh??) and home address and stuff BEFORE checking for my preferred date/restaurant!!
The same thing happened to me. I quickly told the CM that I just wanted to link the reservation to my phone number and credit card, and that I didn't have the hotel reservation number. Then she wanted to know what resort we were staying at anyway--and didn't seem to understand the difference between WL and VWL.

Anyway, after that, I was astonished that she said that my first choice was available: Le Cellier on 12/27 for the 8:15 p.m. show! :thumbsup2

I was off the phone by 7:35 a.m. Thank goodness the wait wasn't as long as some others went through. I had a business meeting at 9:00 a.m., and would have had to hang up at that point if I hadn't gotten though by then.

Just called this morning and got right through. No waiting. I got Rose & Crown for 12/10 @ 1:50 pm for the 5pm show with Whoopie. I wanted Chef's but it was booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter