Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

I don't know if it's been mentioned on any of the CP threads, but it was reported in our local newspaper the Whoopi dropped out of the London stage production of Sister Act to come home because her mom had a stroke recently. Having been there with my dad, it might be that she would drop out of CP, depending on how severe the stroke was. Whoopi, where ever you are, sending prayers and pixie dust your way for your mom's full recovery.

The narrator list isn't final until you sit down for your performance and see who shows up at the podium. It's not really about the narrator anyway . . . .
True..it isn't really final until I see the narrator's face up there!!! I surely hope Whoopi's mom is doing fine..not for CP purposes, but for her and Whoopi.

So Tier 1 guests who paid more, would get better seating? That makes sense, unless you're just using your 2 TS credits like everyone else.
No, what you are paying more for is the caliber of the restaurant and what the restaurant charges

To clarify, I was answering the question without thinking about terminology. The preferred seating I was talking about was the viewing area for Illuminations, which isn't really seating at all. Somewhere in this thread, someone said a CM told them that the viewing areas would be based on when and where people ate. I'm not too confident that the CM was correct. I'd expect the Illuminations area will be in the same place it was last year, but we'll see once people start going this year. :)
Last year, everyone, from every show, was at the same viewing area. At least that's what I saw. I checked out various badges that you needed to get in....kind of like those 'Hello, my name is _____' badges. There were badges from all the shows. Each show had a different color badge, so it was pretty easy to see which show the person went to. Everyone just jammed into the same area. I felt badly for those who attended the last show, since the area was pretty crowded by the time they got to the 'reserved' area..that area is directly across the lake from the theater, so it's a hike.
I know that we won't be availing ourselves of that area this year. Way too nasty to get back to the WS after the fireworks to either do more stuff or head back to our resort..BWV.

I have booked the candle light processional, and I was wondering if I am able to use my dining credits for this. I know in the past it was 2 TS credits. I gave them my CC to hold the reservation, but I am considering upgrading to the DDxDP because we are doing CRT as well, and would like to do Hoop De Doo too. Just want to make sure if this is the case because if it is upgrading is going to be no question, if not we will just pay OOP. Thanks!

I have booked the candle light processional, and I was wondering if I am able to use my dining credits for this. I know in the past it was 2 TS credits. I gave them my CC to hold the reservation, but I am considering upgrading to the DDxDP because we are doing CRT as well, and would like to do Hoop De Doo too. Just want to make sure if this is the case because if it is upgrading is going to be no question, if not we will just pay OOP. Thanks!

Yes, you may use 2 dining credits for the CPP. :)

Yes, you may use 2 dining credits for the CPP. :)

Thank you so much! I think I am going to upgrade then! I am taking my best friend for her birthday/Christmas present. She has only been to Disney once and it was only for a day, so I want to try and get everything in!

So happy!!:thumbsup2 Got LeCellier for the CP. I was worried at first because I was on vacation at the beach, but IPO handled my reservation, so yay me!!:cheer2:

Thank you so much! I think I am going to upgrade then! I am taking my best friend for her birthday/Christmas present. She has only been to Disney once and it was only for a day, so I want to try and get everything in!

Have fun!!!

Anyone else want to add themselves to the CP Dinner & Show Dis Meet thread? Here's the perfect place to meet up with other Dis'ers and tell them your horrible stories of getting busy signals for hours :lmao: only to wind up with the perfect (and sometimes not-so-perfect) ADR's for your CP package!!!:cool1:

I got lucky booking my ADR for CP. I was in Disney World when the booking window opened. I thought that maybe the Conceirge Desk had access to the same booking system as the Dining People maybe it would be easier to just go down there and do it. I figured it would be a lot quicker than getting the all circuts are busy and/or sitting on hold.

I asked the guy at the desk the day before if it would be possible. He didn't say no but didn't think it would be possible. Gave me some answer that the dining people get priority access to the servers and such. Didn't make much sense to me but what do I know. I was still going to try it. I'll just take my phone in case.

So I was in line before the desk opened and was the first to get assisted. I told him what I wanted to do and he said let's see. He went into the system and it let him book exactly what I wanted. He had earlier swipped my room key so it had all of my info there. All he needed was my cc # which I gave him. My ADR was booked at 7:14 am. I got Tutto Italia for 4 people on 12/10 at 5:35 pm.

We have a Candlelight Dinner Package reservation for Nov. 29th. The only date that does not have a narator listed is 11/29 - 12-1. Has anyone heard of any rumors as to who might be the narrator for those nights? I realize the narrators can change at any time... I'm just curious who is planned.. Thanks for any info.

They finally finalized the narrators for 2010...

11/26/10-11/28/01 - Isabella Rossellini
11/29/10-12/01/10 - John O’Hurley
12/02/10-12/04/10 - Corbin Bernsen
12/05/10-12/06/10 - Susan Lucci
12/07/10-12/09/10 - Jodi Benson
12/10/10-12/11/10 - Whoopi Goldberg
12/12/10-12/15/10 - Steven Curtis Chapman
12/16/10-12/18/10 - Thomas Gibson
12/19/10-12/21/10 - Trace Adkins
12/22/10-12/23/10 - Brad Garrett
12/22/10-12/27/10 - Edward James Olmos
12/28/10-12/30/10 - Marlee Matlin with Jack Jason (sign language interpreter)

They finally finalized the narrators for 2010...

11/26/10-11/28/01 - Isabella Rossellini
11/29/10-12/01/10 - John O’Hurley
12/02/10-12/04/10 - Corbin Bernsen
12/05/10-12/06/10 - Susan Lucci
12/07/10-12/09/10 - Jodi Benson
12/10/10-12/11/10 - Whoopi Goldberg
12/12/10-12/15/10 - Steven Curtis Chapman
12/16/10-12/18/10 - Thomas Gibson
12/19/10-12/21/10 - Trace Adkins
12/22/10-12/23/10 - Brad Garrett
12/22/10-12/27/10 - Edward James Olmos
12/28/10-12/30/10 - Marlee Matlin with Jack Jason (sign language interpreter)
Thanks Saints. John O'Hurley sounds great. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter