Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Sorry to hear so many had problems. I never get good pins or anything like that, but I seem to be blessed to, usually, get the ADRs we want . I called Thursday afternoon and got my first choice, Chefs for Dec.9th, 2nd show. Good Luck to those of you who have to keep checking back, never give up!

I have to say I was amazed that the phone lines were so overwhelmed! I mean, I would have understood being on hold for a long time, but to not even be able to get through???? I of course didn't have access to DIS at the time, so I thought there might actually be something wrong with the system. In the end I called 407 WDISNEY and transferred over to dining from there!

I also wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who expresses their concerns over Jack! He is 100% back to normal, and I appreciate all the wishes and prayers!

The way they do it is truly the only way to do it. The only truly equitable way to do it is to put it all out there, 180 days out, and give people the option of booking it then, without knowing who narrators will be. I wouldn't have a huge issue with that. But, others want to know who the narrator is going to be. But, if narrators didn't matter all that much, then they could open it all up sooner than they do now. It would take a ton of strain off the system when the narrators do come out.
And even now...I'll wager we see a huge outcry if a narrator has to cancel. I can just hear it now...'Are you kidding me???? I spent 2 hrs on hold or getting a busy signal..just so I could hear Whoopi and now she's not going to even be there that night???? I want to be compensated in some way!!!!!'
Yes, I am going on a Whoopi night, which is why I used that as an example. I have had good narration as well as really awful narration. But, it's the music I go for. Good narration just adds to the night.

But, really, there isn't much Disney can do if they insist on waiting until the narrator list is pretty firmed up. And that usually happens about 90 days out...which is pretty much where we are now. Maybe they should have made it that you could only book CP pkg 90 days from the night you wanted it..that would have made things easier. Those going later in the run would have had to wait a few days.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on any of the CP threads, but it was reported in our local newspaper the Whoopi dropped out of the London stage production of Sister Act to come home because her mom had a stroke recently. Having been there with my dad, it might be that she would drop out of CP, depending on how severe the stroke was. Whoopi, where ever you are, sending prayers and pixie dust your way for your mom's full recovery.

The narrator list isn't final until you sit down for your performance and see who shows up at the podium. It's not really about the narrator anyway . . . .

As I posted yesterday morning at 7:11 am I was one of the fortunate handful that got right through on their first attempt without any busy signals or minutes of Disney music. Thank You, Lord! I got my first choice for an early dinner at Le Cellier for the 6:45 show on Dec. 13th (Steven Curtis Chapman scheduled to be the narrator.) Since we'll be on the DxDP the exact cost of this year's options did not matter one bit to us. I've read posts here on this thread where DISers have kindly given all of that information. But if Disney has published this information anywhere on their website I have not yet been able to find it. Has anyone found an official site with this printed information?

You got my spot! LOL. I started calling at 7AM but was half asleep and dialed the wrong number the first couple times, by the time I figured it out and dialed the right number, it was busy. I kept trying with breaks for a shower, bus stop and got through around 8:30 on my way the the babysitter. Spent about an hour on hold and booked my package right before I had to go to a meeting. All that was left for Le Cellier on the 13th was 2:20PM and 5PM show.

After I got off the phone, I realized they never told me the cost, I thought that was odd, I guess she figured anyone that would be on hold that long probably already knew.

I have to say I was amazed that the phone lines were so overwhelmed! I mean, I would have understood being on hold for a long time, but to not even be able to get through???? I of course didn't have access to DIS at the time, so I thought there might actually be something wrong with the system. In the end I called 407 WDISNEY and transferred over to dining from there!

I'm not surprised they were overwhelmed. There is only so much capacity the lines can handle and I doubt there is any way Disney can increase said capacity for a single day's worth of insanity. It also does not help when you have people calling on multiple lines to try and get through. 99% of the time, there is no issue on getting through with a single call... it's only limited situations like this where you get a perfect storm.

Sorry if this has already been posted--this is a long thread! Where is the CP located as far as the show and where is the location for the preferred seating for Illuminations? TY!

Sorry if this has already been posted--this is a long thread! Where is the CP located as far as the show and where is the location for the preferred seating for Illuminations? TY!

The show is at the American Gardens Theatre, which is across from The American Adventure attraction (pretty sure). There has been discussion on the location of the preferred seating this year. One CM said it would depend on when and where you ate. Disney has not released anything definite that anyone has found. Last year it was on the opposite end of World Showcase from the show, near the entrance from the Future area.

I'm not surprised they were overwhelmed. There is only so much capacity the lines can handle and I doubt there is any way Disney can increase said capacity for a single day's worth of insanity. It also does not help when you have people calling on multiple lines to try and get through. 99% of the time, there is no issue on getting through with a single call... it's only limited situations like this where you get a perfect storm.

Booking Candlelight Processional reminded me of the day Elvis died. :rolleyes1Everyone picked up their phones at one time and all circuits were busy. I think, that was the first time I had that experience.

I had it easy..... I knew I was going to be on a train going to Chicago so I asked my travel agent to make our reservations for me. I sent her a long e-mail with first, second, thrid, etc choices.

I got an e-mail later that day saying I got my first choice: Teppan Edo on Dec 10th.

Emily

The show is at the American Gardens Theatre, which is across from The American Adventure attraction (pretty sure). There has been discussion on the location of the preferred seating this year. One CM said it would depend on when and where you ate. Disney has not released anything definite that anyone has found. Last year it was on the opposite end of World Showcase from the show, near the entrance from the Future area.

So Tier 1 guests who paid more, would get better seating? That makes sense, unless you're just using your 2 TS credits like everyone else.

So Tier 1 guests who paid more, would get better seating? That makes sense, unless you're just using your 2 TS credits like everyone else.

The where you dine isn't important, but the when is. There is no difference between seating for Tiers 1, 2, or 3. Your dining time determines which show you attend.

To clarify, I was answering the question without thinking about terminology. The preferred seating I was talking about was the viewing area for Illuminations, which isn't really seating at all. Somewhere in this thread, someone said a CM told them that the viewing areas would be based on when and where people ate. I'm not too confident that the CM was correct. I'd expect the Illuminations area will be in the same place it was last year, but we'll see once people start going this year. :)

To clarify, I was answering the question without thinking about terminology. The preferred seating I was talking about was the viewing area for Illuminations, which isn't really seating at all. Somewhere in this thread, someone said a CM told them that the viewing areas would be based on when and where people ate. I'm not too confident that the CM was correct. I'd expect the Illuminations area will be in the same place it was last year, but we'll see once people start going this year. :)

Gotcha!:thumbsup2 I would be surprised if the CM is correct. That would be a nightmare. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to separate SRO, according to time and Tiers. :eek:

There are a couple of spots around the lake that are roped off...that would be really nice for some however I can't recall that they were that large. That stated, I too suspect there will not be a change from last year's viewing location.

I am super excited right now I am on :cloud9:

I called disney yesterday around 3pm just to find out if my booking window was open b/c for some reason I couldn't remember if it was 90 or 180 or not. When I called I was told I could book so I was excited I already knew which three days I was going to try for we wanted to go to the 6.45 show. At first we were just going to go w/ whatever restaurant we could get but then we decide we wanted to try Italy. On the first day that I tried for 12/14 I was able to get Tutto Italia at 3.55 and the 6.45 show. I am so excited I have all of our ressies, every where we wanted and great times too. I don't want to wait any longer to go. lol

There are a couple of spots around the lake that are roped off...that would be really nice for some however I can't recall that they were that large. That stated, I too suspect there will not be a change from last year's viewing location.

I hope its the same. I really enjoyed last years viewing spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter