Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Thank you! Could I add a park hopper to a single day while at a park?

Adding the park hopper is the same price whether you add it for 1 day or 4 days. I think it's around $79. If you know you're going to add it you may as well get it for the whole trip.

Thank you! Could I add a park hopper to a single day while at a park?

Park hopper is also 25% off for Canadians right now. It is an add-on option despite number of days on your tickets. It's the same price to add it to your tickets whether they are for one day or 10 days.

Park hopper is also 25% off for Canadians right now. It is an add-on option despite number of days on your tickets. It's the same price to add it to your tickets whether they are for one day or 10 days.

This is good to know!
I redeemed air miles for 3 of our base tickets.
Does anyone know if I can add Park hoppers to these 3 tickets now to take advantage of the discount. Our trip isn't till May.

Hi everyone!

We used our discounted tickets two weeks ago for a great trip and we're now planning on going back in November, so we'll probably buy the canadian tickets again, but... what if Free Dining comes out? Do you think these tickets could be use or they have to be full price tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

We used our discounted tickets two weeks ago for a great trip and we're now planning on going back in November, so we'll probably buy the canadian tickets again, but... what if Free Dining comes out? Do you think these tickets could be use or they have to be full price tickets?

Thanks in advance!
Free dining requires a ticket purchase, so the answer to this question is that you'd not be able to use the discounted tickets.

This is good to know!
I redeemed air miles for 3 of our base tickets.
Does anyone know if I can add Park hoppers to these 3 tickets now to take advantage of the discount. Our trip isn't till May.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait until you are at Disney to add your park hoppers to your Airmiles tickets.

Did you buy the tickets as separate purchase or as a resort package?? Just curious if our kids will need to take their passports when they hit up their first park since they did a package but we know the ticket component we discounted.
Donald my hero could you please message me. I would
Love some help crunching numbers for my family of 5. Thanks

I wanted to follow up and see if anyone has had any luck upgrading the 25% off tickets once they were at the park? I am torn between getting DVC Annual passes or these discounted tickets.

We arrived yesterday (finally, a day late, after a cancelled flight :headache:) and went to Epcot today.
When we checked in yesterday I confirmed that our tickets were activated & good to go and when we got to the gate today we scanned our bands and they weren't!!! We were the 5th group to scan, and by the time we'd sorted it all out at guest services we had to line up for another 25 minutes.....oooooh I was mad!!!!

So just a heads-up to swing by guest relations somewhere before hitting the parks!

We arrived yesterday (finally, a day late, after a cancelled flight :headache:) and went to Epcot today.
When we checked in yesterday I confirmed that our tickets were activated & good to go and when we got to the gate today we scanned our bands and they weren't!!! We were the 5th group to scan, and by the time we'd sorted it all out at guest services we had to line up for another 25 minutes.....oooooh I was mad!!!!

So just a heads-up to swing by guest relations somewhere before hitting the parks!

From what I've read on here, if you purchased the discounted Canadian tix, before you try and enter a park you need to visit guest relations at Disney Springs or guest relations/ticket window at 1 of the 4 parks. If you don't do this first you'll be denied entry. They can't do anything for you at the resort during check in.

It says on the exchange certificate I was sent that you have to show a passport at one of the Guest Relations locations. So even if it's on your MDE account allowing you to make fastpass reservations, you still have to visit a guest relations to show that you qualify for the ticket with your passport.

Canooknic , thank you ,that's a good reminder for others because nobody wants to stand in line at rope drop and then find out they can't get in yet. Sorry for your frustration.

A friend is going to Disney in January of 2018. Can she select 'will call' to buy her park tickets? Is there any concern picking up her park tickets a year from now? I wasn't sure if she'd be better getting the exchange certificates?

From what I've read on here, if you purchased the discounted Canadian tix, before you try and enter a park you need to visit guest relations at Disney Springs or guest relations/ticket window at 1 of the 4 parks. If you don't do this first you'll be denied entry. They can't do anything for you at the resort during check in.

That's what I thought too, and is why I checked when we checked in at the hotel, but I showed my ID at the desk and she said we were good to go the next morning :sad2:

It says on the exchange certificate I was sent that you have to show a passport at one of the Guest Relations locations. So even if it's on your MDE account allowing you to make fastpass reservations, you still have to visit a guest relations to show that you qualify for the ticket with your passport.

Canooknic , thank you ,that's a good reminder for others because nobody wants to stand in line at rope drop and then find out they can't get in yet. Sorry for your frustration.

We didn't receive an exchange certificate, the tickets were added to our existing reservation. It wasn't a huge inconvenience, we had a wonderful day and still managed to do everything we wanted to, just hope no one else gets wrong info like we did

That's what I thought too, and is why I checked when we checked in at the hotel, but I showed my ID at the desk and she said we were good to go the next morning :sad2:

Classic example of the CMs not having the correct information. You can ask the same question 20 times to 20 different CMs and get 20 different (and wrong) answers. Hard lesson to learn.

I wish I knew how upgrades to these discount vouchers would be handled going forward.

Common consensus is that they can't/won't be bridged. I recall a post upthread where someone upgraded a ticket and was given the 25% discount on the upgrade. Great for now. But what happens when the 25% off special ends? If I buy (or redeem Air Miles for) a 5-day base ticket now, and want 7-day tickets, or hoppers, a couple of years from now, are they going to at least credit me for the non-discounted price at the time the tickets were purchased? Or am I going to have to pay the difference between the discounted price when I purchased, and the non-discounted price at the time of the upgrade? If the latter is true, there's no point at all in buying these tickets now and holding them, unless you are very sure you have the number of days and options you're going to want, since you'll lose the whole discount on any upgrade.

Anyone care to guess how this will work?

In my case, I have purchased 13-month APs for 3 of 4 family members. I also have a 5-day base discounted ticket from Air Miles. Trying to decide whether to hold onto that ticket and just buy another AP outright, or use the ticket and upgrade to the AP on site (after the discount has ended). I assume I'll lose the discount on the AP upgrade (I think that's true on upgrades to APs even now), but if that ticket is going to be essentially non-upgradable anyway, I'm not sure it's worth holding it. Also trying to decide whether to get another discounted 5-day ticket from Air Miles, or pick up a 2-day Universal ticket instead. The Universal ticket is the better cost/point ratio at the moment. I might even consider buying discounted tickets now for future use, but I'm not that confident that what I buy will fit my travel plans at the time.

Decisions, decisions.

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

I would still by the discounted tickets now. If FD comes out for your dates, just get two day tickets added to your package for FD and save them for another time. Those two day tickets from your package can be price bridged.

I wish I knew how upgrades to these discount vouchers would be handled going forward.

Common consensus is that they can't/won't be bridged. I recall a post upthread where someone upgraded a ticket and was given the 25% discount on the upgrade. Great for now. But what happens when the 25% off special ends? If I buy (or redeem Air Miles for) a 5-day base ticket now, and want 7-day tickets, or hoppers, a couple of years from now, are they going to at least credit me for the non-discounted price at the time the tickets were purchased? Or am I going to have to pay the difference between the discounted price when I purchased, and the non-discounted price at the time of the upgrade? If the latter is true, there's no point at all in buying these tickets now and holding them, unless you are very sure you have the number of days and options you're going to want, since you'll lose the whole discount on any upgrade.

Anyone care to guess how this will work?

In my case, I have purchased 13-month APs for 3 of 4 family members. I also have a 5-day base discounted ticket from Air Miles. Trying to decide whether to hold onto that ticket and just buy another AP outright, or use the ticket and upgrade to the AP on site (after the discount has ended). I assume I'll lose the discount on the AP upgrade (I think that's true on upgrades to APs even now), but if that ticket is going to be essentially non-upgradable anyway, I'm not sure it's worth holding it. Also trying to decide whether to get another discounted 5-day ticket from Air Miles, or pick up a 2-day Universal ticket instead. The Universal ticket is the better cost/point ratio at the moment. I might even consider buying discounted tickets now for future use, but I'm not that confident that what I buy will fit my travel plans at the time.

Decisions, decisions.

Interesting, I am trying to figure this out as well. So it wouln't be worthwhile buying a 5 day ticket now and then upgrading it to an AP next year. You are saying I will lose the 25% off savings when I try to upgrade to the AP, correct?

Interesting, I am trying to figure this out as well. So it wouln't be worthwhile buying a 5 day ticket now and then upgrading it to an AP next year. You are saying I will lose the 25% off savings when I try to upgrade to the AP, correct?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. But if the tickets are not bridgeable, meaning that you are only credited the price you paid for the ticket, rather than the current gate price, then that's the implication.

Unless I missed it, nobody has reported upgrading these tickets to an AP. There was this though:

I also inquired about bridging to an AP (DVC discounted one). I was given a price of over $300 --- $330? can't remember the exact price (had 10 day hoppers). I didn't upgrade.

A discounted 10 day hopper is $351, and the DVC Platinum AP is $649, so with tax that's a difference of $317. Sounds like an accurate quote with no bridge applied.

One person reported adding a day to an Air Miles 5-day base pass and getting the 25% off on the upgrade, but there's no particular reason to assume that will continue after the discount period ends. So then any upgrade would mean paying the difference between the price you paid and the current gate price first, and then the upgrade cost on top of that.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone knows for sure. But if the tickets are not bridgeable, meaning that you are only credited the price you paid for the ticket, rather than the current gate price, then that's the implication.

Unless I missed it, nobody has reported upgrading these tickets to an AP. There was this though:

A discounted 10 day hopper is $351, and the DVC Platinum API is $649, so with tax that's a difference of $317. Sounds like an accurate quote with no bridge applied.

One person reported adding a day to an Air Miles 5-day base pass and getting the 25% off on the upgrade, but there's no particular reason to assume that will continue after the discount period ends. So then any upgrade would mean paying the difference between the price you paid and the current gate price first, and then the upgrade cost on top of that.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/upgrading-25-off-canadian-ticket-to-ap-post-results-please.3557759/

The last post on this older thread seems to indicate they can be upgraded but no price bridging, so even adding on an extra day would cause the loss of the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter