Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Did I read correctly, that if I call CAA, I can purchase through them without assigning names to the tickets?

That's correct. Even if you did purchase them through Disney and assigned them to people in your MDE you can always reassign them until they are used once.

Have there been any other deals like this for Canadians in recent years? Going to buy tickets for our trip in 2017 but wondering if I should buy for 2018.

Have there been any other deals like this for Canadians in recent years? Going to buy tickets for our trip in 2017 but wondering if I should buy for 2018.
It's been a very long time, but they did once offer an At-Par package (about what this ticket discount works out to). If you're even considering going again and you can afford to have the cash tied up in tickets i would suggest buying them :D

It's been a very long time, but they did once offer an At-Par package (about what this ticket discount works out to). If you're even considering going again and you can afford to have the cash tied up in tickets i would suggest buying them :D
I agree. If you know that for sure you will use the tickets at some point in the future then buy them now.

I plan on going in 2019/2020. Is there anything that could happen that would make these tickets useless or not as good as a deal? Like a tiered ticket system, or doing away with the water park option? (I plan on getting that as well). Is this a good investment if I know Im going again in the next 3-5 years?

I plan on going in 2019/2020. Is there anything that could happen that would make these tickets useless or not as good as a deal? Like a tiered ticket system, or doing away with the water park option? (I plan on getting that as well). Is this a good investment if I know Im going again in the next 3-5 years?
The tickets will always be good -- Disney honours ticket media, still some non-expiring ones kicking around that people are using up, they won't expire or devalue. If you buy a 5 day PH with the water park option (just picking an example out of the blue) it will always be worth a 5 day PH with the water park option.

There's no question that it's a good deal, it's essentially at Par and the prices go up every year, this will lock you in at the price you paid. If you can afford it i would buy them.

I'm planning on buying these tickets for our March break trip and we also have a trip planned for Christmas this year. Would it be worth it to add Ph and WPM? I've never been to Florida during these times so I don't know if it would be too cold to swim. DH seems to think that we are used to swimming in 25C weather (I never remember what that feels like...I know what 0C feels like). Would it be a waste? If we don't do waterparks there would be no point for us to park hop.

Last edited:
I'm planning on buying these tickets for our March break trip and we also have a trip planned for Christmas this year. Would it be worth it to add Ph and WPM? I've never been to Florida during these times so I don't know if it would be too cold to swim. DH seems to think that we are used to swimming in 25C weather (I never remember what that feels like...I know what 0C feels like). Would it be a waste? If we don't do watermarks there would be no point for us to park hop.
This will be the third year in a row for us to visit during March break. I've been other times in March as well. The weather is usually very nice and we spend a fair amount of time at the pool. So the water parks are an option. At Christmas its iffy. Some years the weather is cold even for us northerners and other times it's hot.

Park hopping has nothing at all to do with water parks. You can't hop from a water park to a theme park(or vs versa) if that's what you meant by not going to a water park would be a waste of a hopper. You can purchase the water park add on alone or the hopper add on alone or add them as a combo.

This will be the third year in a row for us to visit during March break. I've been other times in March as well. The weather is usually very nice and we spend a fair amount of time at the pool. So the water parks are an option. At Christmas its iffy. Some years the weather is cold even for us northerners and other times it's hot.

Park hopping has nothing at all to do with water parks. You can't hop from a water park to a theme park(or vs versa) if that's what you meant by not going to a water park would be a waste of a hopper. You can purchase the water park add on alone or the hopper add on alone or add them as a combo.

Thanks for the info. WPM it is then (at least for our March trip).

AND SERIOUSLY OMG...I always thought that with WPM it was considered hopping to go from wp to park. I'm a fool. :crazy2:

Thanks for the info. WPM it is then (at least for our March trip).

AND SERIOUSLY OMG...I always thought that with WPM it was considered hopping to go from wp to park. I'm a fool. :crazy2:
You're not alone in that hopper thinking. Many people misunderstand that. You can visit both a water park and theme park on the same day but it is two separate admissions.

Since you can add those options at any time just wait until you are there and know that you will actually use it.

Did I read correctly, that if I call CAA, I can purchase through them without assigning names to the tickets?

Yup. I bought mine yesterday and the only name attached to those tickets right now is mine.

Yup. I bought mine yesterday and the only name attached to those tickets right now is mine.

Thanks!

Also, I plan to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass. So is it better to purchase a 4 day ticket or a 10 day ticket to get the most bang for my buck?

You're not alone in that hopper thinking. Many people misunderstand that. You can visit both a water park and theme park on the same day but it is two separate admissions.

Since you can add those options at any time just wait until you are there and know that you will actually use it.

I think every time I consider adding WPM I read the fine print and it doesn't clearly specifies that. That's why I erred on the side of caution when it came to that.

Anyway, we are taking your advice and we'll consider adding WPM after we arrive. We don't know what the weather will be like (although I trust your judgment) and we don't even know if we'll have enough time for WP for our short trip. I bought the passes last night and started planning fast passes so waterpark time is looking pretty slim.

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought 3 passes for us!! I just couldn't wait any longer on the dollar. I know it's been going up the last few days so I figured I better before time is up. With my luck it will go up more! lol Only a couple of weeks left for the deal too....Now I can relax and wait for the room discounts for the fall!! :love::tigger:

I did the same. Bought 4 seven day passes with park hopper and waterpark option. I called Disney and asked about all worst case scenarios (Tiered ticket system, addition of new parks, anything you can think of) and I was told these tickets will always be honoured. Prices are going to go up soon I was told, and will only get more expensive as the years go on and the attractions and lands increase.We plan on going around 2020, so I am sure ticket prices will be pricey then. Now if I can save enough from now until then for a 1 week at Beach Club and a week at another resort, then our dream vacation will finally be a reality!

Thanks!

Also, I plan to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass. So is it better to purchase a 4 day ticket or a 10 day ticket to get the most bang for my buck?

You're quite welcome. I received my 7 exchange certificate cards today and added them to MDE since I had a trip planned. Easy peasy.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about APs. I just didn't want to ignore you. :flower1:

I plan on buying 7 day PH for my son and I to go this August, though I'm wondering if I should wait and hope for free dining... but of course I wouldn't be able to get the tickets at the discount if I wait. I guess I'll hope for a room discount.

I was planning to purchase 2 3-day passes, but seeing as the 4-day Canadian special is cheaper I will probably get that instead. Will Disney let me spend two days of passes in one day, instead of purchasing a park hopper?

I was planning to purchase 2 3-day passes, but seeing as the 4-day Canadian special is cheaper I will probably get that instead. Will Disney let me spend two days of passes in one day, instead of purchasing a park hopper?

No, you can not use 2 days to enter 2 parks in 1 day. The only way to enter 2 or more parks in the same day is to purchase the park hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter