Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Has anyone added park hoppers to their discounted WDW base tickets?
If so, what is the process to do this? Is this done at Disney Springs to exchange the green card for actual tickets? And what's the extra cost?

I redeemed air miles for tickets, but they are just the discounted base tickets.

So I just bought the basic 4-day tickets (Three 10+ and one 3-9) and rather than have them "sit" at will call for at least a year I had them mailed to my brother in Cali so he can bring them up... where it will sit in my office until at least 2018. Website doesn't seem to have an issue with this, and I don't expect any issues, but I'll let y'all know if I get any emails saying otherwise.

Thanks for all your replies.
Sounds like getting the park tix can't be exchanged at the resort. I anticipate arriving late and hitting up an EMH for my first park day, so I was really hoping I could get things squared away at the resort.

Only Disney Springs Guest Relations or the Ticket and Transportation Center or so I was told at the front desk.

Hey there.

I am a little confused by some of what I read here and maybe I am just mixing up posts.

My scenario is I am going in Jan 2018. I already have a room booked through Rundisney with my race registration. I was going to purchase my tickets through the deal as it looks like a good savings for me. My big worry is fast passes. Will I note be given a ticket or reservation number to link on my Disney account so I can still make my FP ressies at the 60 day mark and thus linked to my magic bands? Therefore no need to go to guest services anywhere? Will they not be linked to my magic bands? I don't ever carry anything to the parks so don't want to have to carry a ticket around. Help please.

I am sure this has been answered somewhere but now I am a bit concerned I will have to wait to make FP and waste time standing in another line to get my tickets.

Thank you

Not to worry you will be able to make FP ressies at 60 days. If you call Disney to purchase your tickets they will Magically appear in your MDE. You will get an email which contains a barcode as proof (for "Will Call" later) If you order them through CAA or Airmiles you will need to link a voucher you will receive to your MDE.

Either way it is my understanding that you will need to go to "Will Call" or Customer Service at Disney Springs before you enter the park and prove your Canadian residency. They will give you a plastic card (for backup) and link this card to your MB. Once that is done you can leave all your paperwork in the room and travel light and easy.

Hope this makes sense.

@Hockeychic as I understand you link the code to your MDE to make FPs but that your magic bands with those FPs won't be activated until you present your ID and possibly voucher.

Not to worry you will be able to make FP ressies at 60 days. If you call Disney to purchase your tickets they will Magically appear in your MDE. You will get an email which contains a barcode as proof (for "Will Call" later) If you order them through CAA or Airmiles you will need to link a voucher you will receive to your MDE.

Either way it is my understanding that you will need to go to "Will Call" or Customer Service at Disney Springs before you enter the park and prove your Canadian residency. They will give you a plastic card (for backup) and link this card to your MB. Once that is done you can leave all your paperwork in the room and travel light and easy.

Hope this makes sense.
Yup 100% correct

First hand information gang! Our 4 adult children booked a package with the current stay play and dine that included the 25% discounted tickets -- did NOT buy them separately.
Daughter & her wife:stopped at Guest Services in DS and showed their passports, scanned their Magic Bands and were told they were good to go. Entered EPCOT next day no problems
Son & his wife: stopped at Guest Services but only had licenses and they were NOT acceptable to the CM. Showed up at EPCOT to get the tickets validated and the entire system was down today (made keeping track of FP and ADRs a tad difficult!) so they were given passes for priority entrance to any park once they finally do get their ID validated.

So I bought 8, 4 day passes. Total $2076 US. With the conversion it was $2800 CDN. YUCK!
Well
So I bought 8, 4 day passes. Total $2076 US. With the conversion it was $2800 CDN. YUCK!
To make you feel better calculate what you would have paid in Canadian $$ if you bought them at regular price! lol

Can I activate the Cdn discounted pass at the park without entering the park? I would rather take care of it the day we arrive than be delayed going into the park on our first morning.

We are staying at WL so I'm thinking a quick boat ride to MK would take care of activation as long as we don't need to use a park ticket to get to the place where they are activated.

Can I activate the Cdn discounted pass at the park without entering the park? I would rather take care of it the day we arrive than be delayed going into the park on our first morning.

We are staying at WL so I'm thinking a quick boat ride to MK would take care of activation as long as we don't need to use a park ticket to get to the place where they are activated.
Yes you can, our kids activated them in DS the day before the went to EPCOT. You can go to any Guest Services location.

Hi everyone. Just had a few questions before we go ahead and buy our tickets.

We're planning a March 2018 trip, these tickets will definitely be good for that, right? Is it in writing somewhere from Disney that they don't expire until they are actually used like regular tickets? Also, we were going to go to CAA to buy the tickets since we'll be renting DVC points not booking through Disney, is that still possible? The woman on the phone from CAA didn't seem to know what we were talking about, but maybe once we go down there they will. Finally, we'll be staying at BLT (hopefully), so our best plan is to walk over to MK and activate our tickets right? Or do we need to go somewhere else to do that? I can't picture where GS is at MK.

Hi everyone. Just had a few questions before we go ahead and buy our tickets.

We're planning a March 2018 trip, these tickets will definitely be good for that, right? Is it in writing somewhere from Disney that they don't expire until they are actually used like regular tickets? Also, we were going to go to CAA to buy the tickets since we'll be renting DVC points not booking through Disney, is that still possible? The woman on the phone from CAA didn't seem to know what we were talking about, but maybe once we go down there they will. Finally, we'll be staying at BLT (hopefully), so our best plan is to walk over to MK and activate our tickets right? Or do we need to go somewhere else to do that? I can't picture where GS is at MK.
Yes, the tickets are non-refundable until activated upon entering a park, then the 14 day usage kicks in
upload_2017-1-27_16-46-40.png
Yes, several DIS-ers have reported buying these tickets at their CAA locations and receiving the same exchange certificates
When you walk along the pathway from the Contemporary to the MK you will come to the Will Call window on your right-hand side just before the bag check area.
Go to this awesome thread that ROBO has created with maps
Post #2 you want #9

Not to worry you will be able to make FP ressies at 60 days. If you call Disney to purchase your tickets they will Magically appear in your MDE..
So true - it was magical! I ordered my online on the Disney site and within minutes, they were linked! So easy!

IF I buy these, would I be able to upgrade to a free dining package such as what is often offered in fall or no?

IF I buy these, would I be able to upgrade to a free dining package such as what is often offered in fall or no?

Unless things change, the answer to that is No. Disney usually requires that you pay rack rate for the room and full price for the required tickets used to qualify for a free dining pormotion.

Just stopping by with a FP booking Alert for those who have purchased the Canadian Resident Tickets for 8+ days and who will be staying offsite:

~ There is a coding error that is only allowing 7 days of FP booking.
~ Disney IT/Ticketing is working on correcting the error.
~ If you experience the FP booking problem, please see this thread:
Can't book fastpass day8-10 :goodvibes

Just stopping by with a FP booking Alert for those who have purchased the Canadian Resident Tickets for 8+ days and who will be staying offsite:

~ There is a coding error that is only allowing 7 days of FP booking.
~ Disney IT/Ticketing is working on correcting the error.
~ If you experience the FP booking problem, please see this thread:
Can't book fastpass day8-10 :goodvibes
Thank you for the warning :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter