Cafeen, DxDDP, CSR, and... A Sept 2010 PTR

Now, aren't you glad I visited today so you'd remember all the things you forgot? ;)

And hang in there with the smoking...you can do it! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Allan, the latest on Star Tours as I found on Facebook:

Update on Star Tours closures - Star Tours to close September 8, 2010 at Walt Disney World
Yup, knew about Star Tours (though, I may have forgotten when I wrote the post (doh). Just found out (from your PTR!) that IASW will also be closed :( (1 Aug - 22 Oct). Would have been real nice to test the new camera (erm, assuming I get one :p) on it. (I'm thinking of going for the faster normal lens rather than the 55-200mm first, so it would work well in there).

Like I posted over there as well, we should be good with TSM, it's schedueled to reopen on 4 Sept, so even if it's a little bit late, there's lots of leeway.

Going to try and make an effort this weekend again. It's a very rough and busy time at work right now though, and I'm working through this weekend on stuff that got pushed back by other stuff (I've been bouncing between 4 different projects lately, with another 2 or 3 on my plate for this summer...). At least I have a job and we don't want for stuff to do. We'll see how it goes.

That's exactly what we do there, too! :)
Allan- I hope you get your camera. :) I wish our trips overlapped- we are eating at a lot of the same places!
Yup, it would be nice to meet up and hang. I was supposed to head up to RI (would have extended that to visit a few places up there) at the end of June, but that's not going to happen :(. WAY too much stuff to get done and not anywhere near enough time to do it. Our summers are our busy times, as the software we produce is used by school districts (and private schools) across the country, so the summer is the best time to put out our large updates.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: to TSM opening on September 4. This is great news; Mark is going to be limited to what he can ride due to his back surgery and we LOVE this ride.

Day 7 - Animal Kingdom
Well, since HS is my least favorite park, and I have 2 1/2 days planned at both Epcot and MK, I figured I'd toss in this 2nd day at Animal Kingdom.

Now, you may remember last year's TR. AK day was not really a good day. 95 degrees, humid as a sauna, and I was woefully unprepared for the park itself. Not so much this time though!

The plan is to get there "whenever". Eventually, I'll get myself out of bed (heh, at Disney that means around 6:30am!!) and head on over.

22Sept-1507-500.jpg

Now, a lot of what I end up doing will depend on what I did on the previous Saturday, but, if I get there for RD it will be the Safari first. Besides that, there really isn't much in the works for a touring plan. I figure I can single rider EE pretty easily and there will be a lot of walking around and taking pictures.

Depending on a couple of factors (Did I bring a ziploc bag for my stuff, is it sweltering out, did I remember to wear clothes that dry quickly?) I may also hit up Kali.

At around 4:30ish, I'll start heading out of the park to hit up AKL again. This time it's for Jiko. Fillet and Macaroni and Cheese please :) (what can I say, I'm real adventurous :p).

After Jiko, it's fairly open and will depend on what time I finish dinner. I'll hit up MK or Epcot if it's early enough (the ADR is 5:35, so it shouldn't be too bad), or I'll just head back to CSR.

Allan, your day sounds perfect. That is one reason I don't like these "short" trips of only four days as we have to give up a park and it is AK again this year (unless our touring plans completely change if we do the Mickey's Halloween Party.

Allan, your day sounds perfect. That is one reason I don't like these "short" trips of only four days as we have to give up a park and it is AK again this year (unless our touring plans completely change if we do the Mickey's Halloween Party.
I really wanted to like AK last year, but between the heat, the phone-tag, and grumpy/late rising travel companions, it didn't happen. There's so much potential there though, especially in the "little" details.

----
Not too much else has changed though, my company is cracking down on non-essential internet usage though :(. Seems some IP phones were having bandwidth issues. Of course, I am in good with the IT guys, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I do have to limit it quite a bit (no more playing games all day :p)

I'll be along in awhile with another update, I gotta string this along a bit as I'm on day 7 of the plans, of a 9 day trip ><.

I am struggling a bit today trying to redo my incomplete website. I really need to get it up and running (or at least in the coding process) to keep my skills sharp as I do other things at work (my website(s) for work are done in PHP while testing doesn't require any coding, my automation is done in a different language (VB/VBScript)). I want to be able to script most of my database calls into stored procedures (which are basically database calls (queries) that are stored in the database. This is to improve both performance and security vs calling them in the code). It may be a lost cause though :( (I can write them just fine for work, since we use a different database platform).

So yeah, that's a bit of nerdy talk there, just know that I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out something that's not working right :p. (What's scary... this is what I do for "fun"...)

Hey, Allan. That's too bad about work--but good you are in with the IT group. That chocolatey thing are you are talking about at LeCellier -- that would be my FAVORITE dessert in all of Disney -- the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake:

IMG_2384.jpg

I read the updates but then don't get a chance to post a reply. I do remember all the phone tag and the heat that you experienced at Animal Kingdom. Hopefully, this trip to the park will be better for you.

Sorry to hear that about work cutting down on internet time. Don't they know that you simply MUST get in your Dis time?

Hey, Allan. That's too bad about work--but good you are in with the IT group. That chocolatey thing are you are talking about at LeCellier -- that would be my FAVORITE dessert in all of Disney -- the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake:

IMG_2384.jpg
Mmmm that cake looks super good, and I bet it tastes even better than that!

I think one of the IT guys is around these parts, at least he used to be. He mentioned the Disboards before I went last year (I had already found them by then :p). Of course, that could be bad if he sees my posts and noticed the time stamp is when I'm sitting right down the hall... I better bookmark them on my phone so I can claim I was using the 3G connection instead of our network! And, um, now that I said that.. .umm... yeah.

I read the updates but then don't get a chance to post a reply. I do remember all the phone tag and the heat that you experienced at Animal Kingdom. Hopefully, this trip to the park will be better for you.

Sorry to hear that about work cutting down on internet time. Don't they know that you simply MUST get in your Dis time?
I think it'll be better. Last year was abnormally hot for the time of year, it was my first time there, I had two people in tow, and all sorts of other things conspired against me! This year it'll be just me and my mom on the first day, and then just me on the 2nd. Even if the 2nd day doesn't work out, I can get to Jiko from any park I end up in, so that's not going to be an issue.

And yeah really, those IT guys will learn that I need to DIS. What would my restaurant board followers do without my walls of text explaining stuff to death that they don't care about? (See recent post on the 2011 dining plan changes for an example). Don't they know that my random information is time-sensitive and I simply can't wait until I get home? Geesh, it's like they expect us to do work or something there :p.

---------------
Now, you may notice that I've been updating slowly. It's mostly because I don't have much to add. I don't "do" packing lists (I pack a bunch of clothes, toiletries, and.. that's about it), I don't do shopping lists (the only thing I want ahead of time is a new camera ;)), my ADRs are done (for now :p), and... well, a multitude of other reasons. So, I don't want to burn through the PTR and be done by mid June with 3 months to go...

With that said, I have started looking at flights again. If I fly out of Mobile, it'll cost me about 450$ :(. (Stupid little regional airport...) If I fly out of Pensacola, it'll be about 220$. BUT, we all know my issues with transportation, making Pensacola a bit more difficult.

I'm going to ask another friend from work about giving me a ride down after work on the Wednesday before I head out, and then possibly picking me up either that Friday evening or sometime on the Saturday after I get back (which may not be necessary if I get my license before the trip, as I'll likely have a car to drive back). If I can secure those rides, I'll stay at a cheapie hotel Wednesday night (for about 60$) and call a cab to the airport (probably around 15$). So, even with hotels and cabs on both ends, it'll be far cheaper to head out of Pensacola. But, it all hinges on me getting a ride down there. (I thought about renting a car too if I get my license, but I'd still have to get a room as I'm looking to fly out at about 6am).

And, while typing this up, I decided to see what it would actually take to get the license again. Here in Alabama, it's pretty straight-forward. I'd technically be a "new" driver, since it's been over a year without a valid license (my NJ one expired in 2004). So, it's just getting the documents (I always lose my birth certificate, so ordering yet another one) and taking the tests (written, vision... I may need new glasses, driving). I have also had a few people offer to take me down to the DMV for it, so yeah, let's see how we do with this.

Lastly, I began to work on my DisneyBase v2 (v1 was never finished :p) this weekend. Still working on some basic layout and design work, but it's shaping up to be a nice little site. (Assuming I can actually program it all...)

I'll get another, more trip related, update out eventually.

It's been almost a month since I've been on the DIS! But I'm back and got caught up on your PTR!

I hope you get your camera before your trip!!!!!!!

Are you looking to get a brand new DSLR or a used one? Out of the three DSLRs I own, I bought 2 of them used and they're in amazing condition! Buying used is a great way to save money!!!

Airfares are a killer. Mark and I got a really good fare -- $398 total for both of us (it was over $400 each flying United or American). However, we have to fly out of Midway Airport (as opposed to O'Hare) and fly Airtran. I now know why I NEVER fly out of Midway or Airtran. They've already changed our return flight twice and the second time it became a one-stop flight which infuriates me to no end (you have to know that I HATE flying and going up and landing once going or coming is more than I can handle; now I have to fly up in the air in Ft. Meyers, land in Atlanta and then fly up and land then in Chicago. If it wouldn't cost me a fortune to change the flights, I would. Next time, I don't care what the airfare is, I'm flying out of O'Hare and either United or American.

I know what you mean about the "slow" updates. We're only going for four nights/four days so I'm trying to stretch mine out as well.

How's the smoking thing going?

It's been almost a month since I've been on the DIS! But I'm back and got caught up on your PTR!

I hope you get your camera before your trip!!!!!!!

Are you looking to get a brand new DSLR or a used one? Out of the three DSLRs I own, I bought 2 of them used and they're in amazing condition! Buying used is a great way to save money!!!
Good thing there wasn't much to catch up on ;).

I've been looking at new cameras, and the TSi (I think? checking amazon right now) T1i :p is going for about 700$ with the same 18-55mm lens that the XSi I was looking at earlier. That XSi is back up to 710$ though, so the T1i would likely be a much better deal. It's still a lot of money though, so I'm thinking it'll be off to EBay (or B&H website, or Adorama, etc) I go for it.

I'm also thinking of that Sigma 50mm f1.... um, 1.8? or was that the cheap Canon one? may have been f1.4 lens. Picking that up would be pretty amazing.

Airfares are a killer. Mark and I got a really good fare -- $398 total for both of us (it was over $400 each flying United or American). However, we have to fly out of Midway Airport (as opposed to O'Hare) and fly Airtran. I now know why I NEVER fly out of Midway or Airtran. They've already changed our return flight twice and the second time it became a one-stop flight which infuriates me to no end (you have to know that I HATE flying and going up and landing once going or coming is more than I can handle; now I have to fly up in the air in Ft. Meyers, land in Atlanta and then fly up and land then in Chicago. If it wouldn't cost me a fortune to change the flights, I would. Next time, I don't care what the airfare is, I'm flying out of O'Hare and either United or American.

I know what you mean about the "slow" updates. We're only going for four nights/four days so I'm trying to stretch mine out as well.

How's the smoking thing going?
It's funny too about the airfare. 440$ for a flight from Mobile, AL to Orlando, FL. Seriously? It's not like it's that far, and being able to save over 220$ by driving (erm, getting a ride :() about 45-60 minutes east of here really makes me scratch my head. And it's not like Pensacola Regional airport is much bigger... Maybe I'll just take Greyhound :p . Next year, I'll be driving (it's only about 9hrs or so) 2 tanks of gas will be far less than 500$...

The "cheap" fare is Airtran too, which I am a bit sketchy about. There's been quite a few reports of randomly changed and canceled flights. I suppose, like ADRs, the ones who have normal service just simply don't announce it as it's boring and only the extremes really get noticed.

The smoking thing, well, I keep telling myself that I'm done. I don't really enjoy it anymore, but I keep doing it. I'm not very good at following through on things, so this may be tougher than I thought.

Not a whole lot else is going on at the moment. I've been making a nerdy name for myself on the ADR boards concerning the new system and playing my QA role there. Work is work, one of my projects got pushed up, so I have to complete testing on the one by 14 June (I just got it today, so it's going to be a crunch) to start work on the other one to finish by the end of June to start work on my automation stuff for our flagship product to be out by the middle of July to enable me to have time to work on my development project to update it in time for school starting... The OT will be nice though ;). And at least I'm working and enjoying it (for the most part)

Good thing there wasn't much to catch up on ;).

I've been looking at new cameras, and the TSi (I think? checking amazon right now) T1i :p is going for about 700$ with the same 18-55mm lens that the XSi I was looking at earlier. That XSi is back up to 710$ though, so the T1i would likely be a much better deal. It's still a lot of money though, so I'm thinking it'll be off to EBay (or B&H website, or Adorama, etc) I go for it.

I'm also thinking of that Sigma 50mm f1.... um, 1.8? or was that the cheap Canon one? may have been f1.4 lens. Picking that up would be pretty amazing.

You might want to check out Photo4Less.com. A brand new XSi with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens is $675. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock... but they may get more in stock before you're ready to purchase your camera anyway.

The Canon XTi is in stock and is for sale for $545 for the body only and $645 for the camera with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Even with shipping it still comes out to under $700.

They also have great deals on lenses!

I buy from them all the time! Batteries, lenses... I even bought my Nikon D300 from them. I have had a fantastic experience every time! Their shipping is the fastest of any website I've ever purchased from! Every time I place an order with Photo4Less, my package comes like a day or two later! I've rarely had to deal with their customer service, but when I have had to I was very impressed! Customer service is very friendly and very helpful! You can read more reviews here and here

If you're looking to buy used, B&H and Adorama both have used sections on their website. I'm looking at Adorama now. They have a used XSi for $349 and a used XTi for $354. (Both are body only.) Ah, and they have a used XSi with 18-55 IS lens for $479. (They also have a used XT with 18-55 lens for $299) All are in excellent condition.

Phew, I'm beat. Worked 50 hours last week (in 5 days) and then another 60hrs or so this week (including tomorrow's plan). I walked into work twice (about 2 1/4 miles each way) and walked home every day but today (ok, twice I only walked half way). On top of that, I banged up my ankle walking into work yesterday (stepped in a hole), so that wasn't fun. This is how June is in my industry (minus the walking of course :p), and I've been doing it for almost 9 years, but that doesn't make it any easier.

At least next week is back to normal before we go back on mandatory OT for another couple of weeks. And.. at least this will help with the Disney trip. And, at least my normal ride will be around again (he was on a cruise this week, no, not Disney)

Which, speaking of, I may have a line on some extra cash for it too. Friend of mine may have some side work to do with his company. It involves some stuff I've done for him before, mostly test question content creation, math question graphic creation, and some QA work. Things are still up in the air, but he'll keep me posted. Don't know if it'll hit before Disney or not (especially since I couldn't start anything until mid-July due to current work schedule), but we'll see.

You might want to check out Photo4Less.com. A brand new XSi with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens is $675. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock... but they may get more in stock before you're ready to purchase your camera anyway.

The Canon XTi is in stock and is for sale for $545 for the body only and $645 for the camera with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Even with shipping it still comes out to under $700.

They also have great deals on lenses!

I buy from them all the time! Batteries, lenses... I even bought my Nikon D300 from them. I have had a fantastic experience every time! Their shipping is the fastest of any website I've ever purchased from! Every time I place an order with Photo4Less, my package comes like a day or two later! I've rarely had to deal with their customer service, but when I have had to I was very impressed! Customer service is very friendly and very helpful! You can read more reviews here and here

If you're looking to buy used, B&H and Adorama both have used sections on their website. I'm looking at Adorama now. They have a used XSi for $349 and a used XTi for $354. (Both are body only.) Ah, and they have a used XSi with 18-55 IS lens for $479. (They also have a used XT with 18-55 lens for $299) All are in excellent condition.
I did check out Photo4Less, and I disliked their site from the start :p. This is the computer geek in me talking, but their listing system is horrible. I managed to swallow that and did searches on the models I'm looking at though. In all, the XSi and T1i were both more expensive there than Adorama's used department. Adorama currently has the XSi w/18-55mm in stock for $479 as well. I also found a Canon brand 50mm f1.4 for about $250 (new). It's cheaper than the Sigma, and also would use the same filter size as the kit lens (saving further money as I wouldn't have to double up on filters, except the standard UV one), the Sigma would use 72mm filters while the Canon uses 58... Of course, I don't know how (if) the filter size translates into quality (bigger front element giving better image due to more information hitting the sensor?)

With the possible extra income, I'm really looking into picking it up with this coming paycheck... especially since I'm working from home next Friday so I could have it delivered then and save money on shipping (as compared to needing Saturday delivery which I don't think Adorama even offers).

We'll see how the finances are.

Man, I think I've forgotten most of what I new about this stuff over the past years :(. (That, and the switch from 35mm to Digital is also throwing me for a loop... oh well, I learn quick).

----
ETA: My images are temporarily gone. It seems my webspace got attacked and had malicious code injected into all 3 websites I host there (not the pictures, but a bunch of the actual pages). Now, it seems as though the folder that contained my personal blog site is hosed, and thus all the pictures aren't showing up. I have backups of the pictures, but not the content (though, theoretically, the content should still be in the database, so that's not a big deal either). I'll just have to rebuild and reupload everything to fix it, and then ship a notice off to google for them to review it to pull off their "Reported Attack Page" notification. (Note, as soon as I found out, I pulled down all 3 sites and replaced the default pages with a quick and dirty message, and it doesn't appear anyone got infected).

ETA Some more:
I shouldn't do this stuff at 4am. I had the folder that my blogsite was in set to a certain attribute that didn't allow me to open it ><. I fixed that and everything is still there, I just have to remove the malicious code from about 15ish files. Heh. (I also removed the download package that was dumped on my webspace which caused this mess in the first place).

Ok ok, I know what you're thinking. "Big green text... is this an ACTUAL trip related post?"

Yup, it certainly is!

I was talking with mom last night, and she's decided that she'll likely come from Thu (23 sept) through Mon (27 Sept). Well, now, that changes things. This extra day would normally have been my 2nd MK day, but I know my mom's favorite is DHS (well, technically her favorite is MGM, I don't think she's been to DHS yet ;)). So, without much futher ado (there was some), I decided to swap my Monday and Tuesday around so we could go to her favorite (and my least :p) park.

So, mentally rearrange everything above to the proper locations.

I also had to adjust dining a bit. I now have:

• 27 Sept
    • Sci-Fi Dine In @ 11:35am (formerly Tony's Town Square @ 11:30am)
    • Yachtsman @ 6:35pm (formerly Citrico's @ 5:45pm)
  • 28 Sept
    • Maya Grill @ 8:45 am (formerly nothing :p)
    • No scheduled lunch (formerly Sci-Fi @ 11:40am)
    • Citricos @ 5:45pm (formerly Yachtsman @ 7pm)

So, you may notice that Tuesday's dinner is considerably earlier than previous right? There's a reason for this. Tuesday is MNSSHP night at Magic Kingdom. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward actually going to it. Since it's (relatively) not that much more as I only have to buy 1 ticket, it may be worth it. I know timing is a bit tight, but I figure that if I go, I can ask the server to rush the courses a bit (they aren't going to argue about flipping a table faster). Since I'll be alone anyway, it'll make a bit more sense as well. I figure that if seated on time I should be out of there by 6:45-7:00 and monorailing to the party (if I go), missing out on only a little bit.

Well, that's about it for today. I'll hopefully start going on the day-by-day plans again soon. Work's been brutal.

At least you were able to change up your ADRs with relative ease. I like Hollywood Studios but it's not my favorite park either.

Ok ok, I know what you're thinking. "Big green text... is this an ACTUAL trip related post?"

Yup, it certainly is!

I was talking with mom last night, and she's decided that she'll likely come from Thu (23 sept) through Mon (27 Sept). Well, now, that changes things. This extra day would normally have been my 2nd MK day, but I know my mom's favorite is DHS (well, technically her favorite is MGM, I don't think she's been to DHS yet ;)). So, without much futher ado (there was some), I decided to swap my Monday and Tuesday around so we could go to her favorite (and my least :p) park.

So, mentally rearrange everything above to the proper locations.

I also had to adjust dining a bit. I now have:

• 27 Sept
    • Sci-Fi Dine In @ 11:35am (formerly Tony's Town Square @ 11:30am)
    • Yachtsman @ 6:35pm (formerly Citrico's @ 5:45pm)
  • 28 Sept
    • Maya Grill @ 8:45 am (formerly nothing :p)
    • No scheduled lunch (formerly Sci-Fi @ 11:40am)
    • Citricos @ 5:45pm (formerly Yachtsman @ 7pm)

So, you may notice that Tuesday's dinner is considerably earlier than previous right? There's a reason for this. Tuesday is MNSSHP night at Magic Kingdom. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward actually going to it. Since it's (relatively) not that much more as I only have to buy 1 ticket, it may be worth it. I know timing is a bit tight, but I figure that if I go, I can ask the server to rush the courses a bit (they aren't going to argue about flipping a table faster). Since I'll be alone anyway, it'll make a bit more sense as well. I figure that if seated on time I should be out of there by 6:45-7:00 and monorailing to the party (if I go), missing out on only a little bit.

Well, that's about it for today. I'll hopefully start going on the day-by-day plans again soon. Work's been brutal.

First, lucky you that you were able to change your ADR's! :)

I know the Studios is your least favorite; you can't talk mom out of it, huh? Did you tell her Star Tours is closed?

We're thinking of doing the Halloween Party ourselves...haven't made up our mind yet.

At least you were able to change up your ADRs with relative ease. I like Hollywood Studios but it's not my favorite park either.
The ADRs for those dates weren't really "in-demand" ones. I did have issues finding an earlier lunch at MK on the 28th (more than likely due to the party that night), but that's ok, I wanted to try Maya Grill breakfast anyway :).

First, lucky you that you were able to change your ADR's! :)

I know the Studios is your least favorite; you can't talk mom out of it, huh? Did you tell her Star Tours is closed?

We're thinking of doing the Halloween Party ourselves...haven't made up our mind yet.
She doesn't know my plans yet ;). I figured that we're going to my favorite park twice (assuming she comes on Thursday), so the least I can do is to suck it up for a day in DHS. It also allows her to see all 4 parks in the time she's down there, something she hasn't done in awhile.

I was also planning to go to DHS anyway, so it's not a big deal, just squishes my 2nd (out of 2 1/2-3) MK day down by 2hrs (assuming I don't go to the party).

That said, I'm already starting to get phyched about the party. It may seem a little strange for a 30something single guy to attend it, but hell, it may seem a little strange to outsiders about going to Disney (mostly) solo in the first place :p. So, if things work out the way I think they will, I'll likely be putting in an appearance. I am a bit concerned about the Citrico's timing.. I may want to look into redoing that ADR for as early as possible (though, I'm thinking about 5:30 is the best it gets) to avoid missing out on too much.

And, speaking of which, I better update my word doc that I'm writing for her of my plans...

Day 8 - Epcot (Thu 30 Sept)

So, We're now at Day 8 after magically switching days 5 and 6. By this time I should have done the following:

• Spent time with Mom at all 4 parks (and Epcot 1 1/2 times)
  • Eaten at lots of good places (Artist Point, Yachtsman, Jiko, Citrico's)
  • Taken several hundred photos
  • Roamed around aimlessly for at least 20 miles total or so ;)
  • Gone on everything that I wanted to (that was open... /shakefist at Star Tours, ISAW, and One Man's Dream :()

So, what's next?
23Sept-1604-500.jpg

Epcot yet again!

This will be my last day at Epcot :( and my last full day in the parks (well, depending on the situation, I may spend a full day at MK as well, if I'm driving home).

There isn't really much on the plan for this day, hit up all those things I either missed or want to hit up again and just take it all in.

Plans for today include:
Rose & Crown @ 1pm
Restaurant Marrakesh @ 6:30pm

However, we'll see how those stay come July/August when Via Napoli and Hacienda de San Angel dining reservations are suggested to open. (I want to try both new places).

Strangely enough, I don't think there's much else on the slate for this day... While I'm a lighter planner than most folks around here, it still feels weird to just have ADRs planned and nothing else needing done.

And on to the non-trip specific stuff...

I still haven't heard from my friend regarding the contracting work, though I suppose it will take some more time (they were in talks about the content stuff that I would be doing). I still have to get my system here set up for it too (I stopped halfway through my Adobe install, gotta restart that and get it working right).

On my "real" work front, things are busy as always. I should be finished up my first pass of my #2 application Saturday (Yes, working for a 3rd Saturday in a row :() and then I get to jump back to my #1 application next week for retesting and stuff. Summer is just way too busy for us. Then again, down in QA we really don't ever have a "slow" season. Our "slow" is only having about 45 hours worth of work to do a week...

I am struggling getting my VPN up and running on my home system. It's a pain for me to have to use my work laptop at home (15" laptop screen vs a setup with both a 22" and a 25.5" monitor on my home system... :p). Remind me to talk with IT today to see if they have any ideas.

On other fronts...
If I get what I expect to get in my next paycheck, I should be able to pick up my camera. I still have another 2 months to finish paying off Disney, so this overtime I'm getting now can go toward both. I also have to make an appointment to get my eyes checked this weekend which should then open up the plan to get my license again. I've also tossed some feelers out about getting a ride to Pensacola the night before I leave for my trip. No official takers yet, but I'm sure I'll find something. If all else fails, if I have my license by then, I should be able to rent a car one way and still save considerable money as opposed to flying out of Mobile.

And lastly, my websites are back up and running. It took me a little while to fix the pages and the security holes, and doing it at 4-5am was not a good idea. They're all fixed now and there's no more warning from Google, so that's a good thing. I'm sure the 2 or 3 people that use the one are happy :p.

Well, that's about it for now.

Aww! How nice of you to rearrange your schedule so your mom can go to her favorite park!

I love Hollywood Studios... even if it does have my least favorite ride! (Tower Of Terror... it makes me cry! And I still sometimes have nightmares about it!) But it does have my favorite restaurant! (Sci-Fi!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter