Cabins at FW Pics?

You can park your car at the cabin?? Cool! I thought you had to park at a parking lot and rent a golf cart to get around. That is a definite plus to us, if we can bring our car right in.

Yes, you can park right there and there is room for a car and a GC. You can't drive around the Fort though unless you are just going out of the Fort, no "inter-fort" driving.

That's fine. We don't want to drive around the resort - just get back and forth to the parks.

Another question, how was the murphy bed to sleep on? I'm thinking we'd put the kids in the bedroom, and use the murphy bed ourselves. We're not terribly picky, but I'm not fond of sleeping on sofa beds, not sure if this would be the same.

That's fine. We don't want to drive around the resort - just get back and forth to the parks.

Another question, how was the murphy bed to sleep on? I'm thinking we'd put the kids in the bedroom, and use the murphy bed ourselves. We're not terribly picky, but I'm not fond of sleeping on sofa beds, not sure if this would be the same.

Given the ages of your kids, that's what I'd do! I didn't sleep on it but DH had it to himself for the whole week and said it was fine. Believe me, we'd all have heard if it wasn't :) It seems to have more support than a sofa bed does.

We stayed in the cabins in 2006. My DH, myself and 4 kids under 10. It was perfect! My DH and I had the murphy bed. It was a full sized bed, so no great luxury. But, hey, we went to WDW to run around with the kids and not stay in bed. How do you even do that with kids?

Anyway the kids had the bedroom. They loved it. They had their own TV, which came in handy when we came 'home' during the afternoon rain!

The bathroom was very spacious. The counter space was huge. I brought an over the door organizer but could have gotten along without it.

The best part was the parking! We ended up driving to the parks alot more than we figured. It was great. After a looong day at the parks we would pile in the van and drive 'home'. Then we walked the 20 feet to our door. We didn't have to carry any tired kids from the bus stop to the room like at the other places.

As the kids grow and need more room we will probably get 2 cabins!

I took alot of pics. If I can find them I will post them soon!!

Given the ages of your kids, that's what I'd do! I didn't sleep on it but DH had it to himself for the whole week and said it was fine. Believe me, we'd all have heard if it wasn't :) It seems to have more support than a sofa bed does.

Sounds good! The thing I hate about sofa beds is that bar right across the middle - doesn't look like a murphy bed has that.

eandesmom - thank you so much. Those are the first "personal" pictures I have seen so far at the cabins. We are going for the first time and are SO excited!

THanks for the pics as we got a pin and with my size family and budget the Cabins are the only place we can stay. We are really excited and hope others post some more pics:banana::banana::banana:

THanks for the pics as we got a pin and with my size family and budget the Cabins are the only place we can stay. We are really excited and hope others post some more pics:banana::banana::banana:

We have stayed at the value, moderate and deluxe resorts and have found that the cabins fit us the best when traveling with kids, a 17 & 16 year old. We had celebrated my step daughters 16th birthday and had 3 teenagers and 3 adults in 1 cabin. The bathroom was never an issue for us, as the adults got up earlier and was ready before the kids got up. We LOVED having a full kitchen. livingroom & porch. We go to Disney every year so we belong to Owners Locker which is a company that provides us with storage to keep all of our DISNEY attire in between trips. No cost for us 4 to pay the airlines luggage anymore, we just bring carry ons and our purple locker is waiting for us with all of our Disney clothes at our resort. I also have in our locker a crock pot, so when I have my groceries delivered to our cabin, I can start a meal in the morning prior to leaving for a park and then in the early afternoon, we return to our cabin to find our meal done, which is LOVELY! lol. The money we save from eating out, we rent a golf cart, that way, we can travel around the resort easily and not have to wait for the internal bus. Especially during the Holiday Season, all the RV's and trailors are all decorated to the Max. We spent about 2 hours one night just looking at all the decorations, the campers really spare to expense. When it's just the 2 of us, we had stayed at the deluxe resorts but found that we really missed the cabins. It's our little home away from home. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter