Cabins at FW Pics?

DizzKneeGeek

Freaking out the Mouse Since Birth!
Hey all,
I'm sure nobody remembers us as we haven't been around for a year or so due to having our little princess, Ariel Fontaine. Well, we're back and looking for pics from the cabins at FW. I tried the search and found a few not so flattering pics and checked the first 3 pages of this forum. Anybody out the have any recent-ish pics from the cabins and the surrounding area? We'd surely appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for the same thing. We were thinking about the Poly but now are considering the Cabins for more room with 4 small kids LOL.

I found some older looking pics on allears but they werent very good. Was hoping for some more recent pics. Guess either nobody reads this board or nobody took pics. :guilty:

all ears seems to have the largest selection, dated or not. I hope to take some in feb and will post

I'm looking for the same thing. We were thinking about the Poly but now are considering the Cabins for more room with 4 small kids LOL.

Definitely the better option if you don't "have" to be at the poly. The back room can sleep 4 kids easily (with their own TV set) and has a door to close off! I also loved that our closest neighbors were 35' away, we parked right at our door and had a full kitchen.

I have some pics dated back to 2004 from our stay on my home computer (I can post tonight), but they probably revamped the decor by now.

I'm having a hard time finding them... That's what happens when you let a man with an ounce of computer knowledge decide he's adding a new hard drive to the computer. Lesson learned.

Sorry guys! I really thought they'd be in that '04 folder

So are you saying there is another tv in the bedroom? A total of 2 in the cabins? This was the reason we weren't going to stay here because I thought there were only beds in the bedroom. Can anyone clarify this? THanks.

So are you saying there is another tv in the bedroom? A total of 2 in the cabins? This was the reason we weren't going to stay here because I thought there were only beds in the bedroom. Can anyone clarify this? THanks.

The bedroom has a non-sink vanity area (mirror and nice deep counter with an outlet), a set of bunk beds, a double bed and a 4 drawer dresser which has the tv on top.

LR has the pull down murphy and a couch. Which, surprisingly enough an almost 6 foot tall 16 year old preferred to sleep on instead of sharing the double with his dad. Didn't look comfy to me but he said it was fine

All I have from our recent trip is some deck pictures, lots of towel animal pictures and a dining table pic.

Dining table
WDW_090212_0398.jpg

towel "hats" on the bench/ottoman that goes in front of the couch as a footrest. You can see the back of the couch in the picture
WDW_090212_0399.jpg

towel "hearts" hanging in the windows upon our arrival
WDW_090212_0400.jpg

Morning Cocoa on the deck (while the tween and teen slept away) with our special custom trip mugs that I had shipped and waiting for us on arrival
WDW_090212_0402.jpg

WDW_090212_0403.jpg

View from our deck
WDW_090212_0404.jpg

Big boys wearing the towel hats. You can see the pull down murphy bed behind them, it's the wood piece with the quilt on it.

WDW_090212_0406.jpg

The parking area in front of our cabin. We only had a car one day, didn't rent a cart and it was fine.
WDW_090212_0409.jpg

Our loop. We were in 2703 and while I'd requested loop 2200, given that the meadows pool was closed for the big upgrade, this was MUCH better. Short walk to the swimmin hole and right at the front of the loop near the bus stop, easy walk to the outpost if we didn't feel like waiting for an internal bus.

WDW_090212_0410.jpg

Swimmin hole
WDW_090212_0411.jpg

WDW_090212_0412.jpg

Marina waiting for the boat to MK, the last one has a good shot of the beach.
WDW_090212_0413.jpg

WDW_090212_0414.jpg

WDW_090212_0415.jpg

I have a bunch of hoop de doo pics but this is all I have of FW itself, sorry it's not more!

Unfortunately my cabin pics are on DH's computer in Iraq but these cabins are great for families. The extra space is WONDERFUL - the outside deck is great for kids to play on or morning coffee.

The decor isn't fancy by any means and is designed to be rustic. Not hearing neighbors or having to keep the kids from jumping/running etc from fear of being the loud neighbor is also priceless.

The cabins are functional and well stocked

The bedroom has a non-sink vanity area (mirror and nice deep counter with an outlet), a set of bunk beds, a double bed and a 4 drawer dresser which has the tv on top.

LR has the pull down murphy and a couch. Which, surprisingly enough an almost 6 foot tall 16 year old preferred to sleep on instead of sharing the double with his dad. Didn't look comfy to me but he said it was fine

All I have from our recent trip is some deck pictures, lots of towel animal pictures and a dining table pic.

While I loved the cabins, I do recall that back bedroom and particularly the vanity area was poorly lit. Has Ft W. Fixed this with newer lighting?

Fantastic Pics eandesmom!
:)

While I loved the cabins, I do recall that back bedroom and particularly the vanity area was poorly lit. Has Ft W. Fixed this with newer lighting?

Fantastic Pics eandesmom!
:)

We really enjoyed the cabins. I am not sure we'd do it again with all six of us. With a tween and a teen, the one bathroom was a challenge, not insurmountable but a challenge at times.

But on the flip side, being able to hang on the deck, in my jammies, while they slept was absolutely lovely, priceless really. The fact that the 2 young early birds could be up, dressed and munching on trix and cocoa (hey it was vacation) while the lazy big kids slumbered, without having to go down to a food court, a blessing for all involved.

If it came down to it (and it will sooner or later, DH and I just talked about when the next trip might be!) I would probably explore 2 cabins versus a 2 bedroom villa to see which made more sense. It is hard for me to justify another 2K just for queen beds and another bathroom and you absolutely cannot beat the location, the privacy, the quietness and the beauty. A boat ride away from the MK was just wonderful! And as a result we saw a lot more of other resorts than I ever had as they were super easy to get to, having the resort boat that went straight to WL or Contemporary really opened up our transportation options.

And, all that said, there are only a couple of resorts that appealed to us as much. We saw many while we were there and of that, only one that DH actually wanted to try versus the cabins. He thought they were the BOMB. Until he fell in love with WL. lol. Of course I really want to check out the Boardwalk, Beach club and Yacht Clubs to have a very different location experience. I would always always choose the cabins over 2 rooms at the values having done the values once. I still think the one cabin would beat out 2 rooms at any other moderate as well. But that's just what would be best for us.

A note on the kitchen. While it is stocked with the basics, it was lacking in any kind of baking or cookie sheet. We worked around it (for cooking biscuits) but it seemed odd for that not to be there.

The vanity area had it's own light, there were reading lamps for each of the bunks plus one on each side of the bed and then one overhead light. I did my makeup and hair there everyday, as did our 12 year old and it was fine. It really saved the one bathroom issue other than when nature truly was calling lol.

There is a window right next to the vanity as well and I would usually open the curtain to let more light in but that was true of the cabin overall. The bedroom has it's own door to the deck which I forgot to mention and while it is only one bathroom, I thought the bathroom was surprisingly large and it definitely exceeded my expectations in that area. We did bring a over the door organizer and a pop up hamper and those were really great things to have there, I would do that again.

Great pics coming here, thank you for taking time to share it here. Glad you had a great time.

Have a nice day to all. :)

we parked right at our door.

You can park your car at the cabin?? Cool! I thought you had to park at a parking lot and rent a golf cart to get around. That is a definite plus to us, if we can bring our car right in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter