• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cabana Bay beach resort!

I agree macraven! I doubt that we'll stay at PBH again after this past week. Worst boat service of any of the three! For every PBH boat HRH and RPH had at least two come and go!

That is not surprising .I stayed at PBH 2x now and the boats were constant.We just chose to walk since the boats wait for a few mins to load and unload.

I expect we will try it once, at least, when everything is opened. My kids like the idea of the family suite there, and my 15 year old will love the lazy river.

I booked a sept stay at Cabana Bay, the loss of EP sucks, may add it on once we book tickets. There will be shuttles but I am going with an avid runner so doubt ill see the inside of a shuttle during that trip.

There will be shuttles but I am going with an avid runner so doubt ill see the inside of a shuttle during that trip.

Sounds like my worst nightmare........running and me are not compatible..............lol........I'm sure you'll still have a brilliant time.

OT.......just read your trip report..........really enjoyed it. What a lovely fun trip and your daughter is adorable :)

the walk from the resort might be closer than the shuttle!

on our last stay at PB we took the shuttle bus. it usually drops you off

next to US. they have change the route now and the drop off point is near a

taxi stand in Citywalk. we had a long walk from the parking lot , then up the

escalators , then the moving sidewalks to citywalk. It would have been faster

to just walk from PB. Not sure why they changed the route. we were told by

shuttle driver this would be the drop off point for Cabana Bay also. I know I

will never take the shuttle from PB again.

I just did a rough estimate on how far it is from Cabana Bay to the drop-off point and came up with approx. 2600 feet (or half a mile). Considering how many miles you'll walk during an entire day visiting the parks, it's really not that bad.

does anyone know if the hotels have wifi? we are staying at the one that is pacific themed ?? Lowes Royal Pacific??

does anyone know if the hotels have wifi? we are staying at the one that is pacific themed ?? Lowes Royal Pacific??

Loews RPH has free wifi in the lobby and by the pool.

if you are a Loews YouFirst member blue and above you can get free wifi in your room.

If not, you can pay a daily fee for wifi in your room.

Loews RPH has free wifi in the lobby and by the pool.

if you are a Loews YouFirst member blue and above you can get free wifi in your room.

If not, you can pay a daily fee for wifi in your room.

TY! pixiedust: :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to staying here in June.

We're doing 7 nights but I'm also booking HRH or LRP for 2 nights to get the EP for us, plus mummy & daddy get a night away from the kids :)

I'm looking forward to staying here in June.

We're doing 7 nights but I'm also booking HRH or LRP for 2 nights to get the EP for us, plus mummy & daddy get a night away from the kids :)

we changed our ressie to LRP when I learned Cabana bay did not have Express pass included with hotel stay. We may not be back again for some time and even though we are going when it is a moderate crowd. I want to get as much bang for my buck as I can - DD 10 is a HUGE attraction rider and I want to get as many in as possible. So even though it squeezed my wallet (ouch) we upgraded. We are also only doing 2 nights 3 days, so it's not as large of a sum to add on as it would be for 7.
Have a great trip!
:wizard::wizard:

I too was interested to know if there are going to be walking paths (I HATE shuttle busses).

I wonder if the walking path will be open day one. From the aerial view it looks like the path will go through what is now a construction staging area to meet up with the RP path.

I too was interested to know if there are going to be walking paths (I HATE shuttle busses).

I wonder if the walking path will be open day one. From the aerial view it looks like the path will go through what is now a construction staging area to meet up with the RP path.

wow, 20-35 minutes is a hike, I don't think it would take that long to walk from the Doubletree across the road.

I wonder if this will make the walkway from RP a lot busier? One thing I like about the walk is that it's so QUIET and so quick to get through the little security station.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...al-orlando-universal-boulevard-property-taxes

i posted about this back in feb last year when the walk over bridge was announced.

not sure what stage for the bridge is now for those staying at Cbay when it opens late March.

haven't heard much on the shuttle busses that will operate but UO will have things lined up for when the Cbay does open.

could be that using the walking path/shuttles will be what is available for the hotel opening.

quoting from screamscape:

(1/24/14) I’m told that electronic message boards have been placed on the road near the new Cabana Bay resort saying that road construction will begin on February 3rd. I can only imagine that this may be the start of construction for the new pedestrian bridge project.

I want to remind posters of the rule about starred (banned) sites on the DIS:

FILTERED WORDS, NAMES and URLS
The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com.

Several posts were edited to remove the site referenced.

If you are trying to post something and it comes up starred, you will need to remove it from your post. Trying to "force" the link will result in points given.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter