• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cabana Bay beach resort!

pinkerbell

FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
Just booked it on a whim. No clue about anything Universal? Any websites or apps you'd recommend to get the best info before our trip in the spring?
:confused3 :goodvibes
TIA

Just be aware that though it is an onsite resort and gets the early entry benefit , it DOES NOT get the express pass benefits that the 3 deluxe onsite resorts do.

thanx for listing that chart Bluer

CBay will probably draw in new guests that want to stay closer to the parks.
some peeps are not interested in the hotel perks.

Metro took me on a drive by for CBay.
if they fill all those rooms, the parks wil have crowds.
CBay is large......

i'm sticking with the onsite hotels that allow the perks.

Just fit in a few days at Universal during our January trip to Disney - the April dates/crowds/grad bash nights just didn't work for us - thanks so much to all for the help - :goodvibes:

Also, I was looking at their promo offer and in very small print it said that a lot of the amenities at Cabana Bay will not open until like July 1. I distinctly recall the lazy river being the main one that caught my eye.

Also, I was looking at their promo offer and in very small print it said that a lot of the amenities at Cabana Bay will not open until like July 1. I distinctly recall the lazy river being the main one that caught my eye.

Will the hotel offer you first benefits. I am going to Orlando for 8 days next August. I was planning to spend the first 4 at a marriott timeshare. We plan to do Disney 1 day, see some friends and some resort time. The next 4 we are in a suite at hard rock and will use strictly to enjoy the park and the hotel. I may want to cancel Marriott and stay at cabana. I am a platinum member and the cost is 100 less than Marriott. I am looking at the lazy river at Cabana and it looks very nice. Any thoughts?

After driving by the street outside Cabana Bay I can say I'm not in love with the look of the hotel,looks a bit sterile but I guess that 60's look does have a bit of a sterile look.I'm sure the lobby and pool areas will be nice but I wasn't overly impressed by the actual hotel buildings from looking at them from the street.

After driving by the street outside Cabana Bay I can say I'm not in love with the look of the hotel,looks a bit sterile but I guess that 60's look does have a bit of a sterile look.I'm sure the lobby and pool areas will be nice but I wasn't overly impressed by the actual hotel buildings from looking at them from the street.

thanks for the update. I may try to get by there Thanksgiving to take look as well!

Where did you see this? I just booked with them direct and the lady said nothing about not having the resort finished!! She said it would Nd complete by march/ April! If this us the case then I will need to think about staying at another hotel,

I'm not bothered by the unlimited pass as we have 6 days just to go universal parks and we get the autism pass.

Where did you see this? I just booked with them direct and the lady said nothing about not having the resort finished!! She said it would Nd complete by march/ April! If this us the case then I will need to think about staying at another hotel, I'm not bothered by the unlimited pass as we have 6 days just to go universal parks and we get the autism pass.
I called Universal the other day to question this. The preview period begins in March/April. Not everything will be open at this time. The Lazy River will not open until the official opening in July.

This is what is in fine print on the website:
Lazy River Courtyard, Hideaway Bar and Grill, tower Family Suites, and Standard Rooms are not available until the Grand Opening on 07-01-2014.

Thank you reel mom. Am at Portofino Bay right now and only have Wifi if in the lobby pool or club lounge so I'm on my phone. I have tried to see where Cabana Cay is located in regards to the parks and don't see it at all. Did see it from I-4 heading west when on the way to WDW last night. Looks like there's a lot of work to go!

Thank you reel mom. Am at Portofino Bay right now and only have Wifi if in the lobby pool or club lounge so I'm on my phone. I have tried to see where Cabana Cay is located in regards to the parks and don't see it at all. Did see it from I-4 heading west when on the way to WDW last night. Looks like there's a lot of work to go!
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort is on the corner of Turkey Lake Road and Hollywood Way. In relation to the parks...it's across the street from IOA. It's located "behind" Thunder Falls Terrace and JPRA...if you were to look at the satellite image you could see what I'm talking about.

The Cabana Bay Beach Resort is on the corner of Turkey Lake Road and Hollywood Way. In relation to the parks...it's across the street from IOA. It's located "behind" Thunder Falls Terrace and JPRA...if you were to look at the satellite image you could see what I'm talking about.

How far do you think the walk will be to the parks once it opens?

How far do you think the walk will be to the parks once it opens?

Here is a map I made. From the corner of Cabana Bay to Margaritaville is where the walking path is going.

image-11.jpg

with that aerial view, it sure does!
i have no plans to ever stay there, completely satisfied with rph.

I agree macraven! I doubt that we'll stay at PBH again after this past week. Worst boat service of any of the three! For every PBH boat HRH and RPH had at least two come and go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter