But I Don't Like Peas and Mushrooms! An Aug. '16 Dining Report *updated 10/13 Wrap It Up!*

8/28 Trails End Weekend Brunch

I was really excited for Sunday morning because we were having breakfast somewhere I'd been seeing great reviews of for months now, and I am a big breakfast eater. I'm ready to eat the minute I wake up while Steve can wait like, 6 hours. How does one do that??! Anyway, getting from WL to FW where Trails End is happens to be very easy so this was the perfect trip to give it a try. We had the option of bus, walking trail or boat; Steve was in love with the boat so we took that and made it right on time for our 9 a.m. ADR, one of the 2 I'd made ahead of time.
One of the main reasons I was excited to eat here was because they has something I'd tried and loved at Boma back in January- French Toast Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce

And Mickey waffles of course :) The praline sauce is to the left of the bread pudding so you can choose to use it or not.
Our server was Hedi from Tunisia, or Heidi as Steve called him a couple times (also called him Brady once before I told him to just stop talking to the poor guy) and after taking our drink order we were free to roam the buffet. Steve had coffee which I don't drink and I decided to try their Bloody Mary

I haven't had one in years and Hedi asked if I wanted it spicy or toned down a little. I do like spice but early in the morning I went for toned down, which to Hedi apparently means an entire bottle of tobacco. That baby burned but it was a good burn!

I got a little confused upon heading to the buffet- there was a bigger selection than I'd remembered reading about! I knew the bread pudding and waffles would be there and also these pastries, but the desserts like the Red Velvet cake were a surprise

I also expected all these breakfast offerings

What I didn't expect were things like fried chicken, veggies, and the rest of this stuff:

And shrimp! Which I don't actually think I took a picture of but you can see the cocktail sauce. And also salmon along with other goodies.

There was also a carving station with candied bacon and turkey and I think possibly one more station I didn't take a photo of. Eventually I realized we had hit the weekend brunch which has more offerings rather than the regular breakfast, because it was SUNDAY, duh!

A picture of my first plate:

Corn muffin, vegetable frittata, a slice of breakfast pizza, and the fabulous french toast bread pudding with praline sauce.
It all was delicious. The frittata was a tad cold but still good while the pizza was warm and the bread pudding was just as I remembered it. It's good enough by itself but if you like sweet for breakfast, the praline sauce really adds to it.
I thought the corn muffin would be exactly like the corn bread served at HDDR since I believe it come from the same kitchen but it was a little denser. Maybe that's normal? Idk, Steve is the cook/baker. I make sauce and a really good OREO ball and that's about it! The muffin was still really good.

Steve's first plate:

Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, candied bacon and turkey. As a non-breakfast eater he enjoyed all of this, especially the candied bacon from the carving station which we haven't seen so far at any other buffet on property. He gets a little skeeved out by eggs, they cannot be runny in any way so he usually sticks to omelettes. But these eggs were cooked really well.

We both went back for 2nd plates. I failed to get a picture of Steve's but I know he got more bacon and turkey, tried the vegetable frittata and I believe some shrimp. I did take a picture of mine although it was a little sad

Apple crisp and a donut hole. The donut hole was your typical donut hole. I normally love apple crisp and this wasn't bad, but the apples needed to be just a little softer. After this I did get some more bread budding but didn't take another picture.

Finally we got a plate to share because you can't have breakfast in Disney without these

I arranged them all fancy-like so I could send a picture to DS10 and make him jealous. After seeing this and the buffet pictures he has now requested (read: demanded) I add this to our line-up for November.

We were able to use our TiW card but unlike other awesome Disers I did not take pictures of our receipts nor keep track of how much we saved, but we think it's a great deal. We could've used it the previous night at Citricos but since our AP's had expired and we didn't renew them until after eating, we lost out on that one because you need to hand over (in most cases) your valid AP with your TiW card.

We left full with the remainder of my Bloody Mary in a covered coffee cup for traveling and made our way to Epcot.

We had the trail's end brunch in June I think... We were definitely on the later end of brunch and I do not remember frittata or breakfast pizza so not sure if it was our timing, my memory, or just new offerings! That bacon was otherworldly though from the carving station and R (being the evil genius he is) took a cinnamon roll from the dessert and pastry bar area and put that praline sauce on it... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Holy moly was that good!!! Great reviews!

We think Trails End is a great deal. It has such a laid back feel to it. Most of the breakfast buffets are character meals the always feel so hectic to us. Good food.

Disney bread pudding, no matter where on property it is, is always the BEST. It deserves the same love as dole whip and Mickey bars, in my opinion! I always forget about Trail's End. We should get over there someday, and definitely for the weekend spread.

I'm mulling over the idea to take my MIL to WDW for Flower and Garden this year, in late April or early May. If I decide to do it, I'll probably upgrade my ticket to an AP in December and get TiW. I like that adult beverages are covered by it, and if I'm with MIL, there will be much drinking :drinking1

We're going for breakfast on our trip (and dinner in December). These reviews make me even more excited! It looks amazing there. I read another review that said the food there was basically what you would see on The Pioneer Women cooking show, which is my favorite so that made me even more excited :rotfl:

Ok, Trails End is going on my list! What an awesome looking breakfast! I am a bread pudding lover and would go for that big time. Yum yum!

Hi there! I'm following along as DH and I are going on an adults-only trip this coming December.
And holy cow that Trails End Buffet looks good!! My pal @Lisa F has been bragging about the Bread Pudding with Praline sauce at Boma, but I might just get DH on board with breakfast if he sees everything else Trails End offers!

Hi there! I'm following along as DH and I are going on an adults-only trip this coming December.
And holy cow that Trails End Buffet looks good!! My pal @Lisa F has been bragging about the Bread Pudding with Praline sauce at Boma, but I might just get DH on board with breakfast if he sees everything else Trails End offers!
it looks like that is a sunday (only) brunch. Though some of that stuff is available at breakfast and breakfast is VERY well reviewed too!

it looks like that is a sunday (only) brunch. Though some of that stuff is available at breakfast and breakfast is VERY well reviewed too!
Boooooo!!! Still have to show DH the pics from Boma. It's the only way he can decide if he wants to go someplace or not...pictures of food! :rotfl:

Boooooo!!! Still have to show DH the pics from Boma. It's the only way he can decide if he wants to go someplace or not...pictures of food! :rotfl:
My kid wanted to go to boma. that's how it got on the list. Yes, my child is a disney food snob (and picky too to boot!)

it's weekends, btw, not just sunday. not sure if that fits into your schedule.

My kid wanted to go to boma. that's how it got on the list. Yes, my child is a disney food snob (and picky too to boot!)

it's weekends, btw, not just sunday. not sure if that fits into your schedule.
Hmm, Sunday may work as that's our MK day. But only if we got a super early ADR, and I was able to convince DH to get up even earlier than he already will be. :)

I am a bit late to you reviews! LOVE your pictures! Isn't the Trails End brunch awesome! DS and I went in May and loved it. I don't think DH and I will get there in October. I really want to splurge on the Cali Grille brunch.

I have been debated Citricos and I think your review has pushed me to go ahead and book the ADR. We both love mushrooms and although I do not eat peas in their circular form, I love things like that risotto (weird, yeah, I know!). I really hope that flatbread stays on the menu!

That brunch looks good!
Oh, it was :thumbsup2

We had the trail's end brunch in June I think... We were definitely on the later end of brunch and I do not remember frittata or breakfast pizza so not sure if it was our timing, my memory, or just new offerings! That bacon was otherworldly though from the carving station and R (being the evil genius he is) took a cinnamon roll from the dessert and pastry bar area and put that praline sauce on it... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Holy moly was that good!!! Great reviews!
Well that stinks about not having the fittata and pizza :( Wondering if they stopped putting it out towards the end of brunch? But that would stink, too. Guess you'll have to go back there and try an earlier time ;)
And OMG why did I not think to do that with the cinnamon roll?? R really is an evil genius and I'm totally doing that if we get to go back in Nov.!

Disney bread pudding, no matter where on property it is, is always the BEST. It deserves the same love as dole whip and Mickey bars, in my opinion! I always forget about Trail's End. We should get over there someday, and definitely for the weekend spread.

I'm mulling over the idea to take my MIL to WDW for Flower and Garden this year, in late April or early May. If I decide to do it, I'll probably upgrade my ticket to an AP in December and get TiW. I like that adult beverages are covered by it, and if I'm with MIL, there will be much drinking :drinking1
Have you been to Flower and Garden yet? We've been twice and I LOVE it! I'm hoping we go again next year since we have AP's again (ooh, a meet up maybe??) It's so beautiful and we enjoy the food booths throughout Epcot. Not as extensive as they are for F&W but still very good. I 2nd your
thought of upgrading to an AP and getting TiW, and the coverage of adult beverages is a big reason we like it.

And um, if I took my MIL to Disney there would also be much MUCH :drinking1on my end............

We think Trails End is a great deal. It has such a laid back feel to it. Most of the breakfast buffets are character meals the always feel so hectic to us. Good food.
This is another reason we liked it; no characters. Younger DS still requests a character meal on our trips which is fine, but there are a number of restaurants we've eaten at that we'd like to go back to - except they have characters. Like I said, 1 character meal per trip is really what we do now with the kids and when we're on a kid-free trip we prefer not to do character meals. Also like you said, character meals are more hectic and I always have to make sure I don't have anything stuck in my teeth when they come around :rotfl2:

We're going for breakfast on our trip (and dinner in December). These reviews make me even more excited! It looks amazing there. I read another review that said the food there was basically what you would see on The Pioneer Women cooking show, which is my favorite so that made me even more excited :rotfl:
I haven't seen that show but the food is definitely worth it! I'll be looking forward to your review :thumbsup2

Ok, Trails End is going on my list! What an awesome looking breakfast! I am a bread pudding lover and would go for that big time. Yum yum!
If you love bread pudding then it should definitely be on your list! Remember you can get the same at Boma breakfast ::yes::

Ooooh, YUM! I'd sure love to try that.
I have a feeling that by the time your planning your next trip, your "where to eat" list is going to be MILES long!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter