• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

But I Don't Like Peas and Mushrooms! An Aug. '16 Dining Report *updated 10/13 Wrap It Up!*

That scallop risotto look so good!!, I love peas, scallops & risotto so this dish would be perfect for me. Thanks for your reviews, can't wait for more!! I also like that you are enjoying things that you don't like!!

OMG that peas scallops and risotto looks so good to me! I do think Narcoossees is a bit more kid friendly and I am looking forward to doing the lobster on the DxDDP but I think I may have drooled on myself a bit! I love your posts, def following this one even though nothing on your list is on mine (which makes sense since I am traveling with 8yo kiddo lol)

I'm glad I'm not the only extremely fussy person :) I will not touch mushrooms either, the texture freaks me out. I also don't eat any kind of seafood, despite growing up in the Maritimes where there is no shortage...

That magic bar from WL is definitely up my alley! Now to try and figure out how to get there to pick one up at some point on our next trip....

I just had to comment on how ah-may-zing your photos are! I would have a difficult time choosing between those two entrees - they both had me drooling! I know that we'll get to eat all these fantastic places once we are out of toddler-ville. So, thanks for getting me excited about my foodie future!

Enjoying the reports so far. Looking forward to more. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Everything looks great! As I love scallops and peas, I would be all over that risotto. My DH would have loved your meal choice! Those sandwiches look awesome from Roaring Forks too. Such a great start!
Thank you! I did enjoy my sandwich from Roaring Fork and everything else I saw come out (I like to look at others' plates :rolleyes1) looked just as good. Steve did enjoy the flavor of his, just wanted a little less bread.

First, I'm really sad, because the roast beef and blue cheese sandwich at Roaring Forks is my favorite, and the one your husband ended up with looks like a totally different creature than the one I love so much :sad:

The food from Citricos looks great, and I'm having some risotto envy right now.

My DH has a mushroom aversion, too, which kills me because the kids and I all love them. He's always willing to give things a try, so I've experimented over the years and we've found he will eat Portobello and shiitake mushrooms, because the texture isn't spongy and the flavor is a little more rich. It looks like that's what's on the flatbread, so he would probably like that...good to know!!

As for Disneyland, it was good! We had 5 park days, and then we took a few days to do other things like a whale boat tour, LA and the beach. We preferred California Adventure over Disneyland itself...Disneyland park was kind of depressing in a weird way?? We liked it, it just felt off. I'm not sure how to describe it properly, which is why I didn't write a TR about it. I'm going to do a PTR for our December WDW trip, which I'll start in October probably, and I might throw in some of the Disneyland stuff as filler there.
One thing that I thought was funny...everyone told me I'd be disappointed in Sleeping Beauty castle because of the size, but I loved it so much! It was one of my favorite parts of the park!

Looking forward to seeing more food!!
Hmm.....maybe they've changed the RB & BC sandwich since your last visit :scratchin I do dislike when they change dishes, as in same basic dish but a different ingredient such as the bread, cheese, etc. I guess you'll have to take a trip over there in Dec. to check it out! I'll be interested to see where you're eating when you start your Dec. PTR :)

I've never paid attention to what type of mushrooms I may like more than others, just kind of went with "I hate mushrooms" and that was that. Might be interesting for me to figure out if there's a certain kind I like a little better.........

Glad you enjoyed DL! However I'm not surprised about how you felt - I've heard it before. I've also heard us WDW vets prefer CA over DL. I can't go by my one experience there 21 years ago, I don't remember much except thinking Sleeping Beauty castle was small! Pretty, but small. Isn't it nice though to say you've been? I have to get out there with the boys.......and yes, please do throw some DL stuff in your PTR!

Great first day! I have to admit...I'm not a mushroom fan nor a pea fan nor a coconut fan.....

The bread looked good...the steak looked amazing!

We've only done 1900 Park Fair at GF. Maybe on an adults only trip or once the boys are older, we will hit up one of the others.

Looking forward to more!
And you're not a Zaxby's fan either.......what would we eat if we hung out together?? Guess we'd have to stick to :drinking1lol!
I've seen plenty of children at every signature we've gone to, so I don't think that's a reason to not go with them. However being that the price is more, or 2 credits if you're on the DDP, if your kids don't eat much there's not much sense in paying/using that much more for them to eat 1/3 of a kids meal. Maybe if you convince DH to do an adults-only F&W trip you can throw in Citricos!

Everything so far looks yummy!
Are the magic bars in all the resort QS? Or just roaring forks?
Citrico's looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Citricos is, I think, our 2nd favorite signature at this point :thumbsup2
As for the Magic Bars I unfortunately have never seen them at any other resort. However someone else may know better than me.......IMO it's worth a trip over to WL just to get one (or 5)!

As for the Magic Bars I unfortunately have never seen them at any other resort. However someone else may know better than me.......IMO it's worth a trip over to WL just to get one (or 5)!

The only thing I ever got at Roaring Fork was my refillable mug. I am fixing that next time, because those magic bars look insanely delicious.

That scallop risotto look so good!!, I love peas, scallops & risotto so this dish would be perfect for me. Thanks for your reviews, can't wait for more!! I also like that you are enjoying things that you don't like!!
Isn't it pretty? It made me wish I like scallops!
It was cool trying "new" old things. And later in the trip I even ordered things I don't normally like! Steve was quite surprised.

OMG that peas scallops and risotto looks so good to me! I do think Narcoossees is a bit more kid friendly and I am looking forward to doing the lobster on the DxDDP but I think I may have drooled on myself a bit! I love your posts, def following this one even though nothing on your list is on mine (which makes sense since I am traveling with 8yo kiddo lol)
There were quite a few kids at Citricos this time; actually we've seen kids at all the signatures we've been to. But you're right, Narcoossee's and Cali Grill have the fireworks view so I believe those probably get more kids. I think you'll love Narcoossees and your DS, too! Both of mine enjoyed it and requested it for Nov. You HAVE to try the almond-crusted cheesecake if that interests you at all, it's :cloud9:. And thank you for the kind comment!

Yum yum yum! I'm tempted to get the Deluxe dining plan to try some of these!
Hi! Thanks for coming over :) You can definitely do some damage with the deluxe dining plan lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only extremely fussy person :) I will not touch mushrooms either, the texture freaks me out. I also don't eat any kind of seafood, despite growing up in the Maritimes where there is no shortage...

That magic bar from WL is definitely up my alley! Now to try and figure out how to get there to pick one up at some point on our next trip....
Yay, you're here :banana: Thank you for coming over! I've met a few people here and there who don't eat seafood :snooty: The smell of some of it bothers me too, like when Steve cooks salmon at home. I know it's healthy and it's good that he (and Chris)eat it, but it makes the kitchen smell gross!
Oh yeah, I think everyone should hit up WL just for that Magic Bar. Something else for you to figure out for January :thumbsup2

I also really want to try Citricos sometime or at least the lounge. The warm chocolate banana torte looks so good.
We had the warm chocolate banana torte back in January and it was divine :love: I was just too full for it this time!

I just had to comment on how ah-may-zing your photos are! I would have a difficult time choosing between those two entrees - they both had me drooling! I know that we'll get to eat all these fantastic places once we are out of toddler-ville. So, thanks for getting me excited about my foodie future!
Thank you and :welcome: yes, it's a bit different eating with a young toddler! The main thing when our oldest was little was that he was so picky, and so going to the signatures was just pointless. But lots of the non-sigs are delicious, you can be excited about those, too :goodvibes

Joining in, even though I won't have time to read this until later! :wave2::wave2::wave2:
Hello!! Take your time, I'll be here!

Enjoying the reports so far. Looking forward to more. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Thanks and :welcome:

We will be there at Christmas and it will be the first time we are not staying at WL so we will DEFINITELY make a trip over there...Thanks!

Isn't it pretty? It made me wish I like scallops!
There were quite a few kids at Citricos this time; actually we've seen kids at all the signatures we've been to. But you're right, Narcoossee's and Cali Grill have the fireworks view so I believe those probably get more kids. I think you'll love Narcoossees and your DS, too! Both of mine enjoyed it and requested it for Nov. You HAVE to try the almond-crusted cheesecake if that interests you at all, it's :cloud9:. And thank you for the kind comment!

I think also the atmosphere always felt more casual to me. I also tend to go during daylight hours and not after dark (we do fireworks in the parks). But man you are making me want to go (my plans are set, my plans are set, my plans are set!) The almond cheesecake is on my radar but have been reading good things about coconut creme brulee too. however it seems like a lot of places have creme brulee again so maybe I will get it at ca grill and get the almond cheesecake. Am I the only one who decides at 180 days what I'm gonna eat? lol. I am looking forward to doing a "kiddo and me" dining report, he is really into food network now and he narrates all of my meal making. he is the next Ted Allen.

dang! I didn't realize you started the new report! I'm here and can't wait to read more :)

I'm here and quite excited to read your reviews.

Steve ordered the Roast Beef and Blue Cheese:

With lettuce, grilled onions, and buttermilk chive dressing on focaccia bread. Served with cucumber salad or house-made chips.

So actually RF and particularly this sandwich was on the first list I compiled for my May trip, but by the time I made my ADRs there was no room for it. However I am determined to pay a visit to WL the next time so I will definitely be ordering this. With extra meat. I absolutely LOVE meat sandwiches! And this one looks and sounds oh so goooooood!

Being rather boring, I again ordered the same entrée I had in January - and as an FYI, I don't eat seafood so that's always out for me. Steve on the other hand
eats pretty much everything. So I got the Oak Grilled Beef Fillet:

With Potato Puree, Roasted Tri-Color Baby Carrots, Cippolini Onion Jam and Sauce Bordelaise

Ok, totally drooling over here! I too would find it difficult to order anything else after ordering this. This is one of those times I wish I could reach in and get me some of that deliciousness! :love:

Looking forward to more!

What an awesome first day! Can't wait to read the rest.
:welcome: We did have a good first day:) Any day I can enjoy my food is a good one lol!

dang! I didn't realize you started the new report! I'm here and can't wait to read more :)
It snuck up on you! I keep forgetting how to put the links in my signature and by the time Steve gets home I forget to ask him to help......but I'm glad you found me :thumbsup2

I keep forgetting how to put the links in my signature and by the time Steve gets home I forget to ask him to help......but I'm glad you found me :thumbsup2

Click on the number in the bottom right corner of your first post. Then copy and paste the second link in the box that pops up into your signature.

I'm here and quite excited to read your reviews.

So actually RF and particularly this sandwich was on the first list I compiled for my May trip, but by the time I made my ADRs there was no room for it. However I am determined to pay a visit to WL the next time so I will definitely be ordering this. With extra meat. I absolutely LOVE meat sandwiches! And this one looks and sounds oh so goooooood!

Ok, totally drooling over here! I too would find it difficult to order anything else after ordering this. This is one of those times I wish I could reach in and get me some of that deliciousness! :love:

Looking forward to more!
And I forgot to comment on this! My computer had been acting all :crazy: the last couple days which is super annoying.

One problem with deciding where you want to eat is that there always seems to be more meals you want to try than days you have! But there are so many reasons to visit WL so definitely try fitting in a trip over there next time you're in WDW. Steve did really like the sandwich, he's a neat guy too so would have preferred more of it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter