Breaking NEWS PHOTO SESSIONS!!!!!! :-)

It does say at the bottom "You must present a printed copy of this email to purchase a Resort portrait sitting for $25 at our Grand Floridian Resort location." As I understand from this thread, I can use this at BC too. Right?

So I am to understand I get the CD for $99.95 and then the photo session is an extra $25? (This is what I thought all along and had no idea it was about to change.)

Help!
Gayle

Yes, you will get the $25 price at BC if you bring a copy of your confirmation.

Yes, you paid $99.95 for your pre-purchase CD and you will pay an additional $25 for your resort photo shoot.

HTH!

What happens if you do a photopass share?? I'm in one, so can I still do a photo session? And if so, is it $25 if we got the e-mail?? Can only one person use that coupon?

What happens if you do a photopass share?? I'm in one, so can I still do a photo session? And if so, is it $25 if we got the e-mail?? Can only one person use that coupon?

We have no way of keeping track of shares, so you are more than welcome to do a session for $25 (if you have that verbage on your confirmation e-mail).

This is the current policy and I assume it is subject to change, but currently we don't really seem to mind if you are part of a share and want to do a session. :)

We returned three weeks ago, and were in a photopass share, and did a GF photoshoot with no problems. I had our share leader send me the e-mail which had the verbage about the $25 on it, showed it to the girl at the photoshoot counter, and was charged the $25.

I would love to post one of our pictures, as I was so very pleased with them, but alas, the downside of a photopass share is that you have to wait for your pictures to get to you after the share is over. I should have them in the next week or so, and will post one or two if I can figure out how to do it.

Enjoy your trip!
Kimberly

The portrait Photopass photographers have no control over the website or its products. All they will be able to do is to give you the phone number to Direct Guest Support.

If anyone is worried about their CD expiring or is having trouble with it, or if you have any questions or issues with the website at all, you can contact DPI Direct Guest Support at 407.560.6068. It is a voicemail line. Please leave them your name, e-mail address, a description of your issue, and a phone number so they can call you back about your issue. They should get back to you within 48 hours.

I figured as much. Thanks so much for the phone number I left them a message a few minutes ago!! I really want to take care of this now so I don't have to worry with it later!

I just ordered the photopass cd and book option and there was no reference at all to the resort photo session....hmmm?

Should I cancel this and re-order the cd only?

I just want to get the info for the resort session! I'm thinking the money I can save on the resort session will make up for any saving on the book.....

please someone help me!!

I just ordered the photopass cd and book option and there was no reference at all to the resort photo session....hmmm?

Should I cancel this and re-order the cd only?

I just want to get the info for the resort session! I'm thinking the money I can save on the resort session will make up for any saving on the book.....

please someone help me!!

I just replied to your post on the other thread. I think (but am not sure) that the pre-purchase CD/photobook deal is a completely different one than the standard CD pre-purchase.

If the $25 resort session is important to you, I would return the CD/photobook purchase and order the standard CD pre-purchase.

HTH!

I emailed the Photopass site last night once the site came back up. I also prepurchased our CD in August for our trip at the beginning of next month. I'll let you know what they say if/when I get a response and hopefully I'll get a response soon.

I got a return call today after leaving a message last night. When I asked about resetting my expired code now for our early Dec. trip, she could not do it now since it might expire before I needed it. I tried to explain to her that I really wanted to take care of it now before the holidays and I wanted to avoid losing my pictures with phone tag, etc. but she still wouldn't do it. She said to call a week before ordering. but that would put me into mid-January (30 days at the end of the trip). I asked if she could look up my code and tell if it was expired and she said no that it was handled by another processor. :confused3

She asked me if I had gotten the promotional email from Disney Destinations for the prepurchase and, of course, I said no.She told me that next time I should order 2 weeks before the trip.

I am pretty frustrated because I really wanted to take care of this before the holiday season. Has anyone else had any luck?

I got a return call today after leaving a message last night. When I asked about resetting my expired code now for our early Dec. trip, she could not do it now since it might expire before I needed it. I tried to explain to her that I really wanted to take care of it now before the holidays and I wanted to avoid losing my pictures with phone tag, etc. but she still wouldn't do it. She said to call a week before ordering. but that would put me into mid-January (30 days at the end of the trip). I asked if she could look up my code and tell if it was expired and she said no that it was handled by another processor. :confused3

She asked me if I had gotten the promotional email from Disney Destinations for the prepurchase and, of course, I said no.She told me that next time I should order 2 weeks before the trip.

I am pretty frustrated because I really wanted to take care of this before the holiday season. Has anyone else had any luck?

It took me over a week to get my code reset and working. Go on vacation, Have a good time and dont worry about it. When you get back CALL as soon as you access your photos and tell them your code has expired and needs to be reset. That way you are not waiting until the last minite should there be some problems. You can only access the photos for 30 days so getting the code extended for 60 days from the date you access the photos should give you plenty of time.

good luck
:goodvibes
pink

Well, this took me a while to post, but here are some of the photo's from our session back from our trip (Aug28-Sep6). We paid the 25 for our session and would pay the new rate on our next vacation. It was a great experience even though we had a problem. After waiting for our session photos to come up at the station, we noticed there were marks on our faces in the close ups. They said they would look into it and see if they could fix it. They called later that night to explain there was a problem with the equipment and offered us another session. We agreed but just got some new close up shots. All in all we got about 140 shots for our two sessions. Everyone cooperated and had a great time (not easy for a family of 6!).
image013.jpg

image039.jpg

image043.jpg

Just got back yesterday-it was humid and more crowded this year than years past (we usually go Veteran's day week each year). Thought I would give the (long) low down on the photo shoot experience:

We had a photo shoot scheduled at the Poly for Tuesday at 4:30. Arrived at 4 pm with my email confirmation of the pre-purchased CD with the $25 price at the bottom. The photographer (I think his name was Mark) was initially quite rude, stating that this language was no longer valid and that there were fraudulent emails circulating the DIS. I pulled out my phone, logged into my email which CLEARLY stated the day the photopass CD confirmation was sent to me (as it did on the email print out I had). He tried to call someone to confirm my code, etc, etc. Then he FINALLY validated the code and allowed me to pay the $25 cost. Only to tell us 15 minutes later that the photopass system was down and that he would have to reschedule us, but would kick in a free 5X7 for our 'trouble'. I was a little frustrated at this point because Tuesday was our only 'park free' day, and I felt bad asking the rest of the family to give up park time to reschedule. We rescheduled for first thing Weds morning, so we could then hop the monorail to Epcot.

When we arrived the next morning I was asked what had happened the night before. When I said that we were told the photopass system was down, the other photographers exchanged a look. I don't know what the look meant. Regardless, the photographer we had that morning was excellent- had infinite patience with the kids (my 5 year old was defiant as could be that morning), took great pictures, and had the best attitude. Everything works out as it should. And since we are DVC we got a code for a free mug in addition to THREE free 5X7 prints. I wish I had written down her name as I would highly recommend her, and definitely advise against Mark.

I will add that an 8:30 photo shoot is bright, but if you close your eyes and then open them right as the picture is taken, it is not so much of a problem.

Just got back yesterday-it was humid and more crowded this year than years past (we usually go Veteran's day week each year). Thought I would give the (long) low down on the photo shoot experience:

We had a photo shoot scheduled at the Poly for Tuesday at 4:30. Arrived at 4 pm with my email confirmation of the pre-purchased CD with the $25 price at the bottom. The photographer (I think his name was Mark) was initially quite rude, stating that this language was no longer valid and that there were fraudulent emails circulating the DIS. I pulled out my phone, logged into my email which CLEARLY stated the day the photopass CD confirmation was sent to me (as it did on the email print out I had). He tried to call someone to confirm my code, etc, etc. Then he FINALLY validated the code and allowed me to pay the $25 cost. Only to tell us 15 minutes later that the photopass system was down and that he would have to reschedule us, but would kick in a free 5X7 for our 'trouble'. I was a little frustrated at this point because Tuesday was our only 'park free' day, and I felt bad asking the rest of the family to give up park time to reschedule. We rescheduled for first thing Weds morning, so we could then hop the monorail to Epcot.

When we arrived the next morning I was asked what had happened the night before. When I said that we were told the photopass system was down, the other photographers exchanged a look. I don't know what the look meant. Regardless, the photographer we had that morning was excellent- had infinite patience with the kids (my 5 year old was defiant as could be that morning), took great pictures, and had the best attitude. Everything works out as it should. And since we are DVC we got a code for a free mug in addition to THREE free 5X7 prints. I wish I had written down her name as I would highly recommend her, and definitely advise against Mark.

I will add that an 8:30 photo shoot is bright, but if you close your eyes and then open them right as the picture is taken, it is not so much of a problem.

Kate0305, so sorry to hear about your problems :guilty:, but glad next day shoot worked out for your family. :goodvibes

YIKES, crossing fingers everything is in order for our pre-purchased PP CD pkg and our double Poly grand gathering photo shoots. The PP rep, Jeff, who made our appt., seemed very nice and assured me there'd be no problem and to bring my $25 receipt w/conf. number, so I hope I get lucky ;). Knowing this info now, I will be sure to call morn of shoot to be sure all is in order!

Sadly, if there is any problem w/sittings, rescheduling may not be an option for our family of 17. I've also politely requested a photographer who is good with groups and little ones, hense booked 2appts. Jeff even took our grands ages, so I hope they will consider the source ;). I'm really counting on some nice family photos and possibly using pics for C'mas cards, so thinking positive that all will go well! However, must remind myself, life is short, and have promsied myself not to sweat the small stuff! Specially in the land of magic! :laughing:

* Cart-mom, glad your photo situation worked out too!
Thx for sharing your nice pics, lovely family! :goodvibes

The GOOD NEWS is that we are booked for December 10, at 9:30am at the Wilderness Lodge for our resort photo shoot. This is the exact date and time that we wanted and the CM confirmed that we would get the $25 price if we bring a copy of our confirmation. SO, we are ALL SET on that front.

Hey! We have the 9am at WL that same date! We'll have already broken the photographer in with the $25 receipt confirmation. Maybe I'll get to meet my first DISer. :) I'll be the one praying my 3 year old doesn't try to climb all of the Christmas trees in the lobby. :rotfl2:

Well, this took me a while to post, but here are some of the photo's from our session back from our trip (Aug28-Sep6).

Lovely pics!

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Mark sounds like a jerk and he is lucky you didn't report him for his incredibly rude behavior. BTW, how did he know you were from the DIS? Did you tell him? And how would the email have been fraudulent if it was in your name anyway?

I'm glad it worked out for you. How did your pics look?a

Hey! We have the 9am at WL that same date! We'll have already broken the photographer in with the $25 receipt confirmation. Maybe I'll get to meet my first DISer. :) I'll be the one praying my 3 year old doesn't try to climb all of the Christmas trees in the lobby. :rotfl2:

Cool! I'll probably see you when we are checking in then. We'll be the two adults wearing blue. :thumbsup2

I called and was told that if I didn't receive an email from Disney telling me to pre-purchase the photo pass Cd, I should not have purchased as they expire 60 days from time of purchase. I had mentioned that no where on the site or emails did it state there was an expiry or I would have never spent 100.00 on a photo pass pre-purchase cd. She told me to hold on to my emails and they will re-set it for me in April(2 weeks before my trip) and all will be done without problem. Fingers crossed for no problems but I am worried about them delaying the process. Wish Disney would add this information to the page when you sign in, there are no warnings. I told her that I searched out pre-order photo pass cd and it came up, she just said the internet can be very misleading..apparently:mad:

Well, this took me a while to post, but here are some of the photo's from our session back from our trip (Aug28-Sep6). We paid the 25 for our session and would pay the new rate on our next vacation. It was a great experience even though we had a problem. After waiting for our session photos to come up at the station, we noticed there were marks on our faces in the close ups. They said they would look into it and see if they could fix it. They called later that night to explain there was a problem with the equipment and offered us another session. We agreed but just got some new close up shots. All in all we got about 140 shots for our two sessions. Everyone cooperated and had a great time (not easy for a family of 6!).
image013.jpg

image039.jpg

image043.jpg

Your pictures turned out lovely! What a beautiful family!:)

Forgive me if this has been asked- I have my pre-purchase confirmation that states the photo session is $25 at the GF- I have an appointment at the WL... is the $25 only honored at the GF? :goodvibes TIA :goodvibes

So I am on the site and looking at the $99 pre-order. Do you only get the offer once you prepurchase this? There is nothing on the site that tells you about the offer?
Am I just missing it?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter