Bin Laden - celebrations

Ah yes, the Sociopathy detecting Chia Iguana. It looks like maybe he lost it in his beard.

I bet he was also the kind of person who would pool hop and not return carts to the corral when he was done shopping. I'd say he even reused mugs from previous trips but even he doesn't deserve such slander.

B*stard!!!!! :laughing:

Rejoicing that justice is served in memory of those lost on 911. :angel:

Rejoicing for one one less terrorist. :thumbsup2

Rejoicing because I live in the USA and I Love my country! :cheer2:

I've seen pictures on college kids' Facebook pages of them with flags and beers, celebrating. :drinking1

:dance3: God bless the USA....... :dance3:

Exactly!!! I think we are a very compassionate country. An evil man killed our, mothers, fathers, sister, and brothers. We are rejoicing that a little bit of justice was served for these families. I don't think there is anything wrong with going outside and singing the national anthem.

But please take time for a moment of silent prayer or thought for the casualties of April 2011:

Air Force Capt. Charles A. Ransom
April 27, 2011
31, of Midlothian, Va., assigned to 83rd Network Operations Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fro... [Read More]

Air Force Capt. Nathan J. Nylander
April 27, 2011
35, of Hockley, Texas, assigned to 25th Operational Weather Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfir... [Read More]

Air Force Maj. Raymond G. Estelle II
April 27, 2011
40, of New Haven, Conn., assigned to Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fro... [Read More]

Air Force Lt. Col. Frank D. Bryant Jr.
April 27, 2011
37, of Knoxville, Tenn., assigned to 56th Operations Group, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an Afghan mi... [Read More]

Air Force Maj. David L. Brodeur
April 27, 2011
34, of Auburn, Mass., assigned to 11th Air Force, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an Afghan... [Read More]

Air Force Maj. Jeffrey O. Ausborn
April 27, 2011
41, of Gadsden, Ala., assigned to 99th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an ... [Read More]

Air Force Maj. Philip D. Ambard
April 27, 2011
44, of Edmonds, Wash., assigned to 460th Space Communications Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fr... [Read More]

Marine Cpl. Adam D. Jones
April 27, 2011
29, of Germantown, Ohio; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 27 while conducting com... [Read More]

Marine Sgt. David P. Day
April 24, 2011
26, of Gaylord, Mich.; assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Regiment, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Lejeu... [Read More]

Army Sgt. 1st Class Bradley S. Hughes
April 24, 2011
41, of Newark, Ohio; assigned to 528th Sustainment Brigade, Fort Bragg, N.C.; died April 24 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained in a noncombat incid... [Read More]

Marine Lance Cpl. Joe M. Jackson
April 24, 2011
22, of White Swan, Wash., assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.; died April 24 in Helmand p... [Read More]

Army Staff Sgt. James A. Justice
April 23, 2011
32, of Grimes, Iowa; assigned to 1st Squadron, 113th Cavalry Regiment, Le Mars, Iowa; died April 23 in Kapisa province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents at... [Read More]

Army Master Sgt. Benjamin F. Bitner
April 23, 2011
37, of Greencastle, Pa.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg, N.C.; died April 23 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when in... [Read More]

Marine Sgt. Sean T. Callahan
April 23, 2011
23, of Warrenton, Va.; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 23 in Helmand pro... [Read More]

Marine Lance Cpl. Dominic J. Ciaramitaro
April 23, 2011
19, of South Lyon, Mich.; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 23 in Helmand ... [Read More]

Army Chief Warrant Officer 2 Terry L. Varnadore II
April 23, 2011
29, of Hendersonville, N.C.; assigned to 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died April 23 in Kapis... [Read More]

Army Capt. Joshua M. McClimans
April 22, 2011
30, of Akron, Ohio; assigned to 848th Forward Surgical Team, U.S. Army Reserve, Twinsburg, Ohio; died April 22 at Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan, of wounds su... [Read More]

Army 1st Lt. Omar J. Vazquez
April 22, 2011
25, of Hamilton, N.J.; assigned to 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died in Kut, Iraq, of wounds sustained April 22 when insurgents attacked h... [Read More]

Army Pfc. Antonio G. Stiggins
April 22, 2011
25, of Rio Rancho, N.M.; assigned to 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died in Kut, Iraq, of wounds sustained April 22 when insurgents attacked... [Read More]

Army Sgt. John P. Castro
April 22, 2011
25, of Andrews, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 22 in Paktika p... [Read More]

Army Pfc. John F. Kihm
April 19, 2011
19, of Philadelphia, Pa.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died April 19 in Kandahar pr... [Read More]

Navy Machinist’s Mate 3rd Class Micah Aaron Hill
April 19, 2011
27, of Ralston, Neb.; assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, currently deployed to the 5th Fleet area of responsibility conducting operations in support of Operation... [Read More]

Army Spc. Sonny J. Moses
April 18, 2011
22, of Koror, Palau; assigned to 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 18 in Landstuhl Regiona... [Read More]

Army Spc. Paul J. Atim
April 16, 2011
27, of Green Bay, Wis.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered April ... [Read More]

Army Capt. Charles E. Ridgley Jr.
April 16, 2011
40, of Baltimore; assigned to 17th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 3rd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Anchorage, Alaska; died April 1... [Read More]

Army Spc. Charles J. Wren
April 16, 2011
25, of Beeville, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered April ... [Read More]

Army Pfc. Joel A. Ramirez
April 16, 2011
22, of Waxahachie, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered Apri... [Read More]

Army Sgt. 1st Class Charles L. Adkins
April 16, 2011
36, of Sandusky, Ohio; assigned to 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Operati... [Read More]

Army Staff Sgt. Cynthia R. Taylor
April 16, 2011
39, of Columbus, Ga.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Oper... [Read More]

Army Sgt. Linda L. Pierre
April 16, 2011
28, of Immokalee, Fla.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Op... [Read More]

Army Spc. Joseph B. Cemper
April 16, 2011
21, of Warrensburg, Mo.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward O... [Read More]

Army Spc. Joseph A. Kennedy
April 15, 2011
25, of St. Paul, Minn.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died April 15 in Helmand province... [Read More]

Army Spc. Donald L. Nichols
April 13, 2011
21, of Shell Rock, Iowa; assigned to 1st Battalion, 133rd Infantry Regiment, Iowa Army National Guard, Waterloo, Iowa; died April 13, in Laghman province, Afghanistan, of ... [Read More]

Army Spc. Brent M. Maher
April 11, 2011
31, of Council Bluffs, Iowa; assigned to 1st Battalion, 168th Infantry Regiment, Iowa National Guard, Shenandoah, Iowa; died April 11 in Paktia province, Afghanistan, of i... [Read More]

Army Sgt. Jose M. Caraballo Pietri
April 10, 2011
32, of Yauco, Puerto Rico; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, Germany; died April 10 in Badghis prov... [Read More]

Army Sgt. Vorasack T. Xaysana
April 10, 2011
30, of Westminster, Colo.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 10 in Kirkuk, Iraq... [Read More]

Army Pvt. Brandon T. Pickering
April 10, 2011
21, of Fort Thomas, Ky.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk, La.; died April 10 in Landstuhl Regi... [Read More]

Marine Staff Sgt. Jason A. Rogers
April 07, 2011
28, of Brandon, Miss.; assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 7 in Helmand province,... [Read More]

Army Spc. Keith T. Buzinski
April 07, 2011
26, of Daytona Beach, Fla.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk, La.; died April 7 in Logar provi... [Read More]

Navy Hospitalman Benjamin D. Rast
April 06, 2011
23, of Niles, Mich.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Marine Forces Reserve; stationed at Naval Medical Center, Expeditionary Medical ... [Read More]

Marine Staff Sgt. Jeremy D. Smith
April 06, 2011
26, of Arlington, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Marine Forces Reserve, based out of Houston; died April 6 in Helmand provinc... [Read More]

Army Spc. Gary L. Nelson III
April 05, 2011
20, of Woodstock, Ga.; assigned to 6th Squadron, 8th Cavalry, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.; died April 5 in Mosul, Iraq, of i... [Read More]

Army Sgt. Scott H. Burgess
April 04, 2011
32, of Franklin, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, Germany; died April 4 of wounds sustained... [Read More]

Army Sgt. Michael S. Lammerts
April 04, 2011
26, of Tonawanda, N.Y.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, German; died April 4 of wounds sustained ... [Read More]

Army Maj. Wesley J. Hinkley
April 04, 2011
36, of Carlisle, Pa.; assigned to 3rd Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, Fort Stewart, Ga.; died April 4 in Baghdad as a result of a non-combat incident. <... [Read More]

Marine Lance Cpl. Harry Lew
April 03, 2011
21, of Santa Clara, Calif.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii; die... [Read More]

Army 1st Lt. Robert F. Welch III
April 03, 2011
26, of Denton, Texas; assigned to 201st Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died April 3 in Khost province, Afghanis... [Read More]

Army Staff Sgt. Jorge A. Scatliffe
April 03, 2011
32, of St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands; assigned to 27th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 3 in Mosul, ... [Read More]

Army Staff Sgt. Christian A. S. Garcia
April 02, 2011
30, of Goodyear, Ariz.; assigned to Maintenance Troop, Regimental Support Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 2 in Babil, Iraq, of wounds ... [Read More]

Army Staff Sgt. Quadi S. Hudgins
April 02, 2011
26, of New Orleans; assigned to Maintenance Troop, Regimental Support Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 2 in Babil, Iraq, of wounds sust... [Read More]

http://militarytimes.com/valor/list.php?yr=2011&mo=4

I think most of us (aka Americans) are on the same page about celebrating, it's up to you to what extent you feel like celebrating the event. It's the "not American(s)" who are having a problem with it, for the most part. At least from what I can remember from this spiraling funnel cloud of a thread. :)

Um, American here. Card carrying, traced through 8 ancestors, member of The Daughters of the American Revolution. I can sing the Star Spangled Banner. I know the proper process for hanging, handling and disposing of The Flag. I am proud of my country and defend it every valid chance I get. I vote in every election. I circulate petitions. I help other Americans to exersize their rights. And- I am one of the dissenters on this thread. I see mostly young people who were 8-12 years old when the 9/11/01 attacks took place doing the celebrating in the streets. When I was their age, I was demonstrating beside my marine(who was in a wig) against a war. Thus, it is their right to express themselves as they see fit, as long as they do not commit serious crimes doing it. I don't have to find it attractive because I AM AN AMERICAN and although I am glad Bin Laden is gone, I can do, feel and speak my mind as I see fit. It does not take away from my being an AMERICAN. If my son, who is 16, wanted to go out and party in the streets because Bin Laden is dead, I was counsel him about how he was representing this country but I would not stop him. He is an American and he has a right to his opinions, just as I do. I wish many of you would honor that.

FoxNews is playing clips from 09/11 right now.... I think a lot of people HAVE forgotten.... watch those clips for a minute and then tell me you aren't a little bit satisfied that Bin Laden is dead.... I'm not dancing in the streets... but if somebody wants to I think they should.

It is a shame that some people have forgotten. As someone who lost numerous friends and family members on September 11th I can personally tell you that we will never forget.

My husband spent 13 weeks straight at ground zero. He summed it up nicely: "It might be a little bit of closure, but it doesn't make anything better."

Exactly!!! I think we are a very compassionate country. An evil man killed our, mothers, fathers, sister, and brothers. We are rejoicing that a little bit of justice was served for these families. I don't think there is anything wrong with going outside and singing the national anthem.

:thumbsup2

Really, what is wrong with having pride? I felt overwhelming emotion when I heard the singing. Why is this such a problem for certain people? Maybe any one who's not American just doesn't like to see us showing that pride. :confused3

But please take time for a moment of silent prayer or thought for the casualties of April 2011:

April 27, 2011
31, of Midlothian, Va., assigned to 83rd Network Operations Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fro... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
35, of Hockley, Texas, assigned to 25th Operational Weather Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfir... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
40, of New Haven, Conn., assigned to Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fro... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
37, of Knoxville, Tenn., assigned to 56th Operations Group, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an Afghan mi... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
34, of Auburn, Mass., assigned to 11th Air Force, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an Afghan... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
41, of Gadsden, Ala., assigned to 99th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire from an ... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
44, of Edmonds, Wash., assigned to 460th Space Communications Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.; died April 27 in Kabul, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained from gunfire fr... [Read More]

April 27, 2011
29, of Germantown, Ohio; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 27 while conducting com... [Read More]

Marine Sgt. David P. Day
April 24, 2011
26, of Gaylord, Mich.; assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Regiment, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Lejeu... [Read More]

April 24, 2011
41, of Newark, Ohio; assigned to 528th Sustainment Brigade, Fort Bragg, N.C.; died April 24 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, from injuries sustained in a noncombat incid... [Read More]

April 24, 2011
22, of White Swan, Wash., assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.; died April 24 in Helmand p... [Read More]

April 23, 2011
32, of Grimes, Iowa; assigned to 1st Squadron, 113th Cavalry Regiment, Le Mars, Iowa; died April 23 in Kapisa province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents at... [Read More]

April 23, 2011
37, of Greencastle, Pa.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg, N.C.; died April 23 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when in... [Read More]

April 23, 2011
23, of Warrenton, Va.; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 23 in Helmand pro... [Read More]

April 23, 2011
19, of South Lyon, Mich.; assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 23 in Helmand ... [Read More]

April 23, 2011
29, of Hendersonville, N.C.; assigned to 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died April 23 in Kapis... [Read More]

April 22, 2011
30, of Akron, Ohio; assigned to 848th Forward Surgical Team, U.S. Army Reserve, Twinsburg, Ohio; died April 22 at Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan, of wounds su... [Read More]

April 22, 2011
25, of Hamilton, N.J.; assigned to 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died in Kut, Iraq, of wounds sustained April 22 when insurgents attacked h... [Read More]

April 22, 2011
25, of Rio Rancho, N.M.; assigned to 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died in Kut, Iraq, of wounds sustained April 22 when insurgents attacked... [Read More]

Army Sgt. John P. Castro
April 22, 2011
25, of Andrews, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 22 in Paktika p... [Read More]

Army Pfc. John F. Kihm
April 19, 2011
19, of Philadelphia, Pa.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died April 19 in Kandahar pr... [Read More]

April 19, 2011
27, of Ralston, Neb.; assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, currently deployed to the 5th Fleet area of responsibility conducting operations in support of Operation... [Read More]

Army Spc. Sonny J. Moses
April 18, 2011
22, of Koror, Palau; assigned to 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 18 in Landstuhl Regiona... [Read More]

Army Spc. Paul J. Atim
April 16, 2011
27, of Green Bay, Wis.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered April ... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
40, of Baltimore; assigned to 17th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 3rd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Anchorage, Alaska; died April 1... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
25, of Beeville, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered April ... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
22, of Waxahachie, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died of wounds suffered Apri... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
36, of Sandusky, Ohio; assigned to 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Operati... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
39, of Columbus, Ga.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Oper... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
28, of Immokalee, Fla.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward Op... [Read More]

April 16, 2011
21, of Warrensburg, Mo.; assigned to the 101st Special Troops Battalion, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.; died April 16 at Forward O... [Read More]

April 15, 2011
25, of St. Paul, Minn.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died April 15 in Helmand province... [Read More]

April 13, 2011
21, of Shell Rock, Iowa; assigned to 1st Battalion, 133rd Infantry Regiment, Iowa Army National Guard, Waterloo, Iowa; died April 13, in Laghman province, Afghanistan, of ... [Read More]

Army Spc. Brent M. Maher
April 11, 2011
31, of Council Bluffs, Iowa; assigned to 1st Battalion, 168th Infantry Regiment, Iowa National Guard, Shenandoah, Iowa; died April 11 in Paktia province, Afghanistan, of i... [Read More]

April 10, 2011
32, of Yauco, Puerto Rico; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, Germany; died April 10 in Badghis prov... [Read More]

April 10, 2011
30, of Westminster, Colo.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 10 in Kirkuk, Iraq... [Read More]

April 10, 2011
21, of Fort Thomas, Ky.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk, La.; died April 10 in Landstuhl Regi... [Read More]

April 07, 2011
28, of Brandon, Miss.; assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died April 7 in Helmand province,... [Read More]

April 07, 2011
26, of Daytona Beach, Fla.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk, La.; died April 7 in Logar provi... [Read More]

April 06, 2011
23, of Niles, Mich.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Marine Forces Reserve; stationed at Naval Medical Center, Expeditionary Medical ... [Read More]

April 06, 2011
26, of Arlington, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Marine Forces Reserve, based out of Houston; died April 6 in Helmand provinc... [Read More]

April 05, 2011
20, of Woodstock, Ga.; assigned to 6th Squadron, 8th Cavalry, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.; died April 5 in Mosul, Iraq, of i... [Read More]

April 04, 2011
32, of Franklin, Texas; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, Germany; died April 4 of wounds sustained... [Read More]

April 04, 2011
26, of Tonawanda, N.Y.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, German; died April 4 of wounds sustained ... [Read More]

April 04, 2011
36, of Carlisle, Pa.; assigned to 3rd Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Sustainment Brigade, Fort Stewart, Ga.; died April 4 in Baghdad as a result of a non-combat incident. <... [Read More]

April 03, 2011
21, of Santa Clara, Calif.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii; die... [Read More]

April 03, 2011
26, of Denton, Texas; assigned to 201st Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died April 3 in Khost province, Afghanis... [Read More]

April 03, 2011
32, of St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands; assigned to 27th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 3 in Mosul, ... [Read More]

April 02, 2011
30, of Goodyear, Ariz.; assigned to Maintenance Troop, Regimental Support Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 2 in Babil, Iraq, of wounds ... [Read More]

April 02, 2011
26, of New Orleans; assigned to Maintenance Troop, Regimental Support Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; died April 2 in Babil, Iraq, of wounds sust... [Read More]

:angel: They have my prayers.

It is a shame that some people have forgotten. As someone who lost numerous friends and family members on September 11th I can personally tell you that we will never forget.

My husband spent 13 weeks straight at ground zero. He summed it up nicely: "It might be a little bit of closure, but it doesn't make anything better."

:thumbsup2 My DH also sifted through rubble at Ground Zero, voluntarily.

Did people forget the sheer brutality of this event? That son of a ***** Osama didn't care if babies or children died! :confused3 He obviously tried to make this event as HORRIFIC as he could. He had NO regard for human life. Innocent people died so he could send a message. :sick:

Good riddance!

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

Marine Sgt. David P. Day
April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011

April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011

April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

Army Sgt. John P. Castro
April 22, 2011

Army Pfc. John F. Kihm
April 19, 2011

April 19, 2011

Army Spc. Sonny J. Moses
April 18, 2011

Army Spc. Paul J. Atim
April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

April 15, 2011

April 13, 2011

Army Spc. Brent M. Maher
April 11, 2011

April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011

April 07, 2011

April 07, 2011

April 06, 2011

April 06, 2011

April 05, 2011

April 04, 2011

April 04, 2011
26, of Tonawanda, N.Y.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 84th Field Artillery Regiment, 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, Baumholder, German; died April 4 of wounds sustained ..
. [Read More]

April 04, 2011

April 03, 2011

April 03, 2011

April 03, 2011

April 02, 2011

April 02, 2011

This list is way too long. Bolded name is a local. His funeral was held in a cemetery right around the corner from my work. I could hear the 21 gun salute in our parking lot. It was just so sad. Too many young lives (and older ones too) lost. God bless our service people and their families for the job they do.

Um, did you even bother read the posts, or are you being purposefully obtuse?

Um, I did. My point was that people always say "they" -- as in "they" celebrated, "they" burned the flag, "they" did this or that. Just wondering if the people who are constantly talking about what "they" do, actually know who "they" are.

:earsboy:

Muslims did not celebrated after 9/11. some sources said 9/11 was the drama of American government to attack on Afghanistan. According to Osama statement that he did it, in exchange in sympathy of Palestinian, Kashmiri and Lobnan Muslims. Now American army killed innocent citizen of several countries. These American violence can make new Osama.

Muslims did not celebrated after 9/11. some sources said 9/11 was the drama of American government to attack on Afghanistan. According to Osama statement that he did it, in exchange in sympathy of Palestinian, Kashmiri and Lobnan Muslims. Now American army killed innocent citizen of several countries. These American violence can make new Osama.

I'm sorry- what?

You do realize this site is about an American Institution, Walt Disney World. Why not post your nonsense on a forum where 90% of the member are not American.
You really do not realize how offensive your post is to people or maybe you do and are looking for some entertainment.
Wow. Seriously? So only Americans can comment on the DIS because WDW is an American Institution? That is absolutely mind-boggling.

Actually ... the site is about all things Disney -- not just WDW. And all things Disney includes the parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris and soon-to-be Shanghai. So ... lots more than just an American Institution. Disney is one of the largest global corporations in the world.

I'd also love to see the stats on how many of the people on the DIS are "not American". I think it's probably a tad higher than the 10% you give them credit for, considering the number of people from other countries who love the parks and visit regularly.

Then again, you may not realize how offensive some of your posts are, or maybe you do and are looking for some entertainment...

The Muslims that cheered after 9/11 were celebrating the killing of INNOCENT Americans. Americans are celebrating the death of an evil man who was far, far from being innocent. If you cannot see the difference, please look again.
You know ... it's very possible for people to "see the difference" and still not agree with the celebrations. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Um, I did. My point was that people always say "they" -- as in "they" celebrated, "they" burned the flag, "they" did this or that. Just wondering if the people who are constantly talking about what "they" do, actually know who "they" are.

I can assure you that we know exactly who "the they" we are talking about in this thread, are. But, I'm pretty sure you really do know that :rolleyes:

FoxNews is playing clips from 09/11 right now.... I think a lot of people HAVE forgotten.... watch those clips for a minute and then tell me you aren't a little bit satisfied that Bin Laden is dead.... I'm not dancing in the streets... but if somebody wants to I think they should.

:thumbsup2

It seemed kind of odd to me that all the pictures I saw of the celebrating were of young, college aged kids. I don't know why that struck me as odd, but it did.

I understand why they celebrated. I understand there are people offended about it and there are people that are not. They are all within their rights. Personally, I think justice was served.

In a week or so, there will be other issues in the news.

"They" are the subset of the world's population who on hearing about the murder of approximately 3,000 people from all over the world in NY, VA, and PA on September 11, 2001 responded with happiness, the burning of American flags, and hope it would happen again. That is who "they" are, nothing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter