Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I asked awhile ago about whether the boutique would be able to manage biracial hair. I just wanted to follow up after our trip to Disney and say that they did a great job with my daughter's large head of hair. I attached some pictures below.

This is my daughter with just the ponytail on top of her head. As you can see she has A LOT of hair.

DSCF0309.jpg

Partway through the process

DSCF0312.jpg

And the finished product

DSCF0315.jpg

DSCF0314.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

Dibbadiane -- thanks for posting your pictures. That is a LOT of hair, but she is absolutely beautiful. I especially like the last picture where her eyes just pop right out of the picture.

Wow! She looks amazing! So glad things worked out for you!

We were at a Disney Store over the weekend and were able to get my DD4 an amazing Tiana dress. It was only $39.50 so I was such a happy gal! She tried it on and looked so cute. She already has Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Tinkerbell but she loves the Princess and The Frog.

The part that I am having a little bit of a hard time is something that my aunt brought up to me.... I REALLY don't want to offend anyone, but my aunt asked me if I thought anyone in the park (including guests) would have a problem with my daughter being caucasian in a costume for a character that is not caucasian ... AGAIN, I DON'T want to offend anyone. I would not have a problem but I don't want my daughter to have a hard time in the park and have someone's ignorance ruin her experience. It didn't even cross my mind when I purchased the dress. It was just the dress she wanted and that was all I needed to make her day. If it is going to be a problem I can try to steer her away from wearing it, but I really don't want to do that.

Get out! There are children from all walks of life, colors of skin, hair etc. and they are ALL princesses! They can bloody well be whatever princess they want! I can't believe your Aunt said that, it never would have crossed my mind. I am sure your wee girl will be stunning and happy in whichever costume she chooses and no one will judge a child in costume! Silly woman!:confused3

We were at a Disney Store over the weekend and were able to get my DD4 an amazing Tiana dress. It was only $39.50 so I was such a happy gal! She tried it on and looked so cute. She already has Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Tinkerbell but she loves the Princess and The Frog.

The part that I am having a little bit of a hard time is something that my aunt brought up to me.... I REALLY don't want to offend anyone, but my aunt asked me if I thought anyone in the park (including guests) would have a problem with my daughter being caucasian in a costume for a character that is not caucasian ... AGAIN, I DON'T want to offend anyone. I would not have a problem but I don't want my daughter to have a hard time in the park and have someone's ignorance ruin her experience. It didn't even cross my mind when I purchased the dress. It was just the dress she wanted and that was all I needed to make her day. If it is going to be a problem I can try to steer her away from wearing it, but I really don't want to do that.

My very blond, blue eyed, 4 year old girl is going to be Tiana. She asked me if they could put make up on her at the BBB to look like Tiana's beautiful skin! It was a great opportunity to explain that everyone is the same on the inside and skin color is not important. I can't imagine anyone would be offended by a blond Tiana. Afterall, she's been a blond Snow White!

dibbadiane, your daughter is gorgeous! Thanks for posting

You've got to be kidding? That is the weirdest thingI've ever heard. Does she know Mulan and Jasmine are not "white" either. I can't even think that that has EVER run through anyone head before.

Thanks everyone. It really didn't cross my mind but we come from a small town and to be honest something might have been said here. Me on the other hand, I just want my daughter to be happy. To me all people are beautiful and we all have beautiful qualities. Thanks for the reinforcement of what I was already feeling.

I hope it's okay to post a picture of the Belle custom my DD is wearing to BBB when we go in September. Someone on etsy made it, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! The quality is awesome and the price is right for a custom! If you want the seller's name, pm me since I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not.

4363129938_a475a947b8.jpg

Where's the pic? I'd love to see it. Can you PM me the person's info so I can see if she can make a Tiana dress for my DD? Thanks!

This might be in the thread already... but are there any differences in going to BBB at DTD vs. MK? We plan to do the princess meal in Norway at Epcot and ideally will have my daughter do her BBB visit before this so she is all spiffed up for the special meal. She has never been to DW before, and we hope to do Epcot on our first day in the parks. I am thinking it would be almost cruel to take her to the castle and then pull her out of MK to go to Epcot! heehee. But if the BBB at the castle is better in any way I will consider it or make her BBB day on a MK day. (I am just thinking it would be tough to convince her to go on stuff like Splash Mountain with her all prettied up!) THANKS!

I would not even worry about your daughter dressing up as Tiana.. I am Black(african american or whatever you wanna call it) and I would not have given it a second thought!! My daughter has dressed up as different princessess and even Dora!! Go-- have fun and don't worry!!

This might be in the thread already... but are there any differences in going to BBB at DTD vs. MK? We plan to do the princess meal in Norway at Epcot and ideally will have my daughter do her BBB visit before this so she is all spiffed up for the special meal. She has never been to DW before, and we hope to do Epcot on our first day in the parks. I am thinking it would be almost cruel to take her to the castle and then pull her out of MK to go to Epcot! heehee. But if the BBB at the castle is better in any way I will consider it or make her BBB day on a MK day. (I am just thinking it would be tough to convince her to go on stuff like Splash Mountain with her all prettied up!) THANKS!

There was no difference for us. In fact, we actually preferred DTD over MK. MK was just very crowded and DTD wasn't but that could've also been because of the time we picked.

I really don't think it matters. We plan on lunch at CRT so BBB in the castle makes more sense to us. I'm planning to get the earliest reservation for it as possible so hopefully it shouldn't be that busy :).

Oh my days!!:eek:

My daughter is bi-racial and will rock any Princess dress she has, we have never ever had any comments like the ones you think you might experience.

I do admit someone who i thought was my friend asked me why i was letting DD wear a Alice seeing as Alice is white and my DD isn't. Lets just say we are not friends anymore.

Don't worry about what other people and go have fun with your daughter.:goodvibes

Tinker-Tam - if someone was offended by your DD wearing a Tiana dress, I'm not sure their opinion is worth worrying about anyway! I love the Tiana dresses, they are so pretty!

Tinker-Tam - if someone was offended by your DD wearing a Tiana dress, I'm not sure their opinion is worth worrying about anyway! I love the Tiana dresses, they are so pretty!

You know, you are RIGHT! Thanks! My DD looked great in the dress and I could see from her face that she did feel like a princess. That is what matters to me. The heck with anyone who is offended. I wouldn't be offended in the least if the tables were turned. I really think my aunt was just afraid DD would get hurt feelings. DD tried the dress on for my aunt and she thought DD was the cutest thing ever, I don't think she had a problem at all but was concerned about hurt feelings. I am sure we will be fine.

Dibbadiane - your DD looked beautiful! I love her dress that she wore too!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I am biased of course but I think she is gorgeous.

I just wanted to let people know in case you were looking for an alternative dress option, I ordered that dress on ebay. It was brand new and was shipped from Singapore so it took awhile to get here. But.... it was fully lined and had sew sequins on the flowers. I had a hard time stomaching the cost of the dresses and in the past when I have bought Disney dresses they were very itchy and my DD wanted them off.

The dress I purchased I won on ebay for $2.25 with $9.99 shipping .....Can you believe that! If anyone wants the name of the seller just send me a message. They sell many beautiful dresses.

Since it was fully lined my daughter wore it from 11am until 9pm that night without one complaint about it being itchy. She also received a lot of positive feedback from others in the park including one gentleman that asked if she was part of the one of the shows.

My daughter said after the experience that she wants to be a princess everyday. (She always has been to me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter