Beware menu changes at LeCellier

This is the new filet with spinach & bacon risotto on parmesan butter sauce garnished with heirloom tomatoes & micro greens. The mushroom and pea risottos are both gone.

http://instagram.com/p/pJ6EU2BAqu/#

images

Why do they keep changing the menu so much???? :confused3 This is hardly epic---- bacon is basically used on just about everything these days..... maple candied bacon sprinkled cupcakes....chocolate dipped bacon....maple bacon donuts and so on!! It may taste like heaven but it sure doesn't look the part!! :crazy2:

Ate there last week and we thought the filet and spinach risotto were amazing! I would have had seconds on the risotto if they let me.

The new offering looks amazing. I am not a mushroom fan so this might be a better change for me.

We haven't been since jan 2013 and we didn't love it as much on that visit as previous. We have eaten at really great places being from atlanta and traveling frequently. I do like it and enjoy it and via Napoli as our top epcot options. it's never been mind blowing but it's been a good meal for us. We have reservations in December so I hope the changes are worked out by then.

Sorry to hear negative reports!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think the filet with spinach and bacon risotto looks amazing! I was really hesitant to book an adr for Le Cellier because of the mushroom risotto, im allergic to mushrooms and don't like messing ppl about asking can i change it!
How long do you think they will keep this new one for?

Such a shame. I won't say that I will never eat here again, but it will be a long while before I shell out 2 credits for this place. Sad.

Loving the improvements to the Le Cellier menu!!!

Can't wait to try them in December!!! :thumbsup2

I just get the filet at Hollywood Brown Derby now for my in-park steak fix. The mashed potatoes they have are to die for as well, sooo good.

NOT loving the improvements to the Le Cellier menu or in the past !!!

Can't wait NOT to try them in August !!!

Last summer we went there for lunch and it was a JOKE !!! Two credits for my grandchildrens pasta, one who was seven. It was nasty and tasted like it came out of a can. Even the cheese soup was watered down and put into a smaller cup !
Have been there every year for the past 10 or more, NEVER AGAIN ! :sad1::sad1::sad1:

I think the filet with spinach and bacon risotto looks amazing! I was really hesitant to book an adr for Le Cellier because of the mushroom risotto, im allergic to mushrooms and don't like messing ppl about asking can i change it!
for?

Make sure you tell them about your allergy because all of the steaks get a dry rub with mushroom powder even the plain ones like NY strip. Sometimes they have some not preseasoned but if not you get a double portion of child's crummy tough sirloin for the adult price. Not kidding! That was REALLY our last visit and I'm so happy because otherwise we wouldn't have found the Boardwalk and Yachtsman both of which we love and have had many great meals.

I don't like the idea of parm cheese with my steak. The sauce looks unattractive to me and I imagine the smell isn't good. I love parm but it can smell funny...

Make sure you tell them about your allergy because all of the steaks get a dry rub with mushroom powder even the plain ones like NY strip. Sometimes they have some not preseasoned but if not you get a double portion of child's crummy tough sirloin for the adult price. Not kidding! That was REALLY our last visit and I'm so happy because otherwise we wouldn't have found the Boardwalk and Yachtsman both of which we love and have had many great meals.

I don't like the idea of parm cheese with my steak. The sauce looks unattractive to me and I imagine the smell isn't good. I love parm but it can smell funny...

Wow... that is a change from how things were done. Back when we went it wasn't that way since my mom had steak and has a severe allergy to mushrooms. That is just stupid.

Thank you so much for the advice :) i would have hated to have gotten ill while on holiday! Iv decided to go with California Grill instead and possibly adding HBD as well. My problem is that i live with a butcher so im REALLY picky about my steak :blush:

I would love to try the Yachtsmen or Citricos but with a 3 and 4 yr old they might be a bit too much!
Definitely going to avoid Le Cellier though.

The first bad sign was the lighted menu is gone and replaced by a short paper menu. The filet with wild mushroom risotto and truffle cream, the dish that made LeCellier famous, is history. The mushroom risotto was replaced by a pea risotto abomination for a few weeks. This week the pea risotto was replaced by an equally unappetizing spinach and bacon risotto. The truffle butter sauce is now purported to be Parmesan but was so tasteless, or overpowered by the risotto travesty that it was hard to tell. This week the bone-in ribeye was also replaced by a smaller boneless ribeye. The wait staff was obviously stressed fielding questions. If you've never been, the meat is still good and you might like it. If you have LeCellier memories, save your 2 tickets

I wasn't even paying attention when I ordered my filet last trip. Just ordered what I normally order and looked down and said "Why is my risotto so awful?" Didn't notice the change on the menu. My DD ordered the filet this month but I skipped it and got the Charcuterie platter instead. If possible the risotto was worse this month.

With this I may change my Le Cellier reservation to Shula's at the Swalphin. (I can never remember which is which!)

It is at the Swan. But the DH who eats steak everywhere prefers the Yachtsman over Shula's.

Biergarten actually has an awesome cheese soup, but they don't have it everyday I don't believe...but when they do.....YUM! :goodvibes

They also have pretzel bread.

Thank you so much for the advice :) i would have hated to have gotten ill while on holiday! Iv decided to go with California Grill instead and possibly adding HBD as well. My problem is that i live with a butcher so im REALLY picky about my steak :blush:

I would love to try the Yachtsmen or Citricos but with a 3 and 4 yr old they might be a bit too much!
Definitely going to avoid Le Cellier though.

The little kids will be fine at Yachtsman. There are tons of kids and it is hard wood floors. It is not quiet at all. Of all the steaks on property, my DH likes Yachtsman the best with HBD a close second.

They have the steaks on display at Yachtsman. I think they dry age.

This summer, we have ADR's at Flying Fish. We went there last year for the first time and loved it. I love a good fish selection, so it was perfect for me. My boyfriend ordered the char encrusted New York strip steak and I was so jealous of that dish! Flying Fish has an open kitchen and as soon as you enter, you can see the towering flames coming from their grill. The steak is rubbed in a perfectly seasoned spice mix and grilled over high temps. The steak had a perfectly charred exterior and maintained the perfect temperature in which he had ordered (med-rare). When I return, I plan on having the strip steak. It costs about $45, which is on par for Dis prices, but seems lower than Le Cellier. I have heard mixed reviews about Le Cellier and have never been interested in dropping that sort of cash for a potentially mediocre meal.
Also, Flying Fish was my first non park dining experience and I found it to be more relaxed, had better service and the meal was paced well. Plus, the Boardwalk is so convenient to Epcot (5 minute walk from the back gate).

When we've eaten early at yachtsman there were plenty of little kids. The kids meals looked really nice too with steak, mashed potatoes, and adorable sautéed baby carrots with the green on the end. They also had a kids dessert platter with white chocolate Mickey puzzle, mini brownie, mini cupcake, and edible paint to decorate. So cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter